ATTENTION AUDIOPHILES! sound robbing magnetic signal distortion! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION AUDIOPHILES! sound robbing magnetic signal distortion!

audio_dude
11-08-2006, 05:23 PM
have you been wondering why the sound of your precious audio system has been degrading over time? and those $500 ea. solid ceramic LP, and optical disk holders aren't doing a thing? (worth every penny though) and those $60k solid gold cables sound like they're making more bad than good? moon rock needle not performing right?

well than today is your lucky day! FURUTECH has just released a new limited run product called the "DE-MAG" this device will banish those bad, bad magnetic waves from the grooves of your LP's, the little...uh...pits and lands of you CD's! and it'll even do your cables and accesories to boot!!!

take a look all you audiophiles if you wish to have the most complete system EVER!

http://www.furutech.com/produ_2.asp?ProdNo=242

(and for even MORE system enjoyment, check out our new Ogre EarWax component polish, it squeezes every last essential drom out of your system!)

emorphien
11-16-2006, 05:06 PM
so how much do I have to pay to pick up one of these bad boys?

topspeed
11-16-2006, 06:15 PM
From my past posts, I think you guys know I'm not into the ridiculous voo-doo splattered all over the audiophile world. This, however, may actually have some merit. Whether it's audible is another thing all together.

I have had many LP's that suffered from static charge. Now, if you have a MM cartridge, is it possible this could have...however minute...an effect on playback? Furutech is actually a pretty reputable company and don't forget, analog playback is a hobby unto itself within the realm of audiophilia. These guys screw around with different cartridges, tone arms, counter weights, platters, styli (sp?), etc.

So while I have no idea if de-mag'ing a LP will make an audible difference, I wouldn't necessarily classify it with the Moon Rocks or that stupid EZ Bake Oven Clock you're suppossed to put on top of your rig :rolleyes:

audio_dude
11-17-2006, 07:38 AM
niceee, you know, how in gods name did this thing win "Best of Show 2006" , thats total BS, anybody can get one of those awards, easy as pie... mmm, piieeeee...

teledynepost
11-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Okay LP's can hold a static charge? It sometimes seems like that, on sleeves with plastic lining I notice it. I don't know much about cartridges, is this something that could effect them? I would have to have it explained as I don't know the answer to this

BUT

That they have a picture of compact discs on that thing completely discredits them.

csukasem
11-18-2006, 03:49 AM
Hi,

How often do we have to demagnetize things ?

Sukasem

audio_dude
11-18-2006, 12:41 PM
teledynepost, they say LP's and all sorts of Compact Disks! ya, i call BS on these guys, just another incident of ceramic audiocable floor stands kind of thing...

spasticteapot
11-24-2006, 08:23 AM
The funny part is, I thought you were serious. Too much time at the "thinking out stupid" forum at AudioKarma will do that to you.

Aluminum and polycarbonate are non-magnetic, or darn near it. QED.