DAYTON Reference Drivers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DAYTON Reference Drivers

mbkfab
11-08-2006, 02:07 PM
does anybody have any experience with these nice looking DAYTON REFERENCE Series Woofers?

If just by looks, the pics on Partsexpress.com look great. Nice basket; expensive looking phase-plug, and seemingly reasonable specs. But as we all know, specs are very objective.

If anyone has tried 'em, can you parallel it with another driver? Say, a similar VIFA fro example.

GMichael
11-08-2006, 02:30 PM
does anybody have any experience with these nice looking DAYTON REFERENCE Series Woofers?

If just by looks, the pics on Partsexpress.com look great. Nice basket; expensive looking phase-plug, and seemingly reasonable specs. But as we all know, specs are very objective.

If anyone has tried 'em, can you parallel it with another driver? Say, a similar VIFA fro example.

Sorry, no personal experience. But I have read that they are of a higher quality than the more expensive Titanic MKIII's that I have in my sub. Not as powerful or as loud but better control and clarity. Oh, and I love my sub. It's killer!
There are two types though. High output & high fidelity.

poneal
11-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Here is my opinion on them, and it's just that. The RS150 and RS225 rock. Dual RS225's in a TMWW box just rocks crossed about 800-1000hz. The RS150 needs some attention in the xover region due to it double breakup mode. This must be dealt with agressively. The RS125--I didn't like it. The RS28-I didn't like it. I haven't tried the RS52 yet because the RS28 scared me off. Not that it's a bad tweeter. Actually, it's quite nice but I like a little twang in my tweet and there is no twang in this one. The RS series drivers are low distortion drivers and a great value for the money. Mate them up with a Seas tweeter like the 27TBFC or 27TDFC or 22TAF/G and you're good to go.

Paul

jocko_nc
11-13-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm running two of the RS / Hi Fidelity 10.00 inch subs. I wish I could directly compare to the Titanics, but I cannot. I did, however, compare to Vandersteen 2Ce's, which have a nice detailed low end. The RS subs have more detail and, obviously, can put out a lot more sound. Very good product. You'd have to spend some real bucks to outperform these subs, IMO.

jocko