James Bond DVD Box set. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : James Bond DVD Box set.

Smokey
11-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Today volume 1 and volume 2 of James Bond are released, and Vol. 3 and 4 will be released in Dec 12th. The picture and sound have been remastered, and reviewer are saying that they never seen Bond movies looking so good.

Vol. 1 (The Man with the Golden Gun / Goldfinger / The World Is Not Enough / Diamonds Are Forever / The Living Daylights).

Vol II (A View to a Kill / Thunderball / Die Another Day / The Spy Who Loved Me / License to Kill).

I only have one question: Since my favorite James Bond is Roger Moore, not Sean Connery or Bronson, what a guy suppose to do since each volume ($50) is mixture of all of Bond actors?:incazzato:

http://www.mgm.com/mgm/images/box-dvd/XXXSETBOND06V1-box_full_dvd.jpg

paul_pci
11-07-2006, 09:40 PM
A lot of the Bond box sets are like that. I just looked at my dad's unopned box set and it too is a mix of all the actors. So, I suppose a guy is to sigh and lament how much the universe is against the guy. Or go out and buy the titles individually. But I guess they're not really available individually. Have you tried shaking your fist at the sky?

PeruvianSkies
11-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Well, my personal favorite out of all the films is ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, despite Lazenby the film is just awesome!

Dusty Chalk
11-08-2006, 06:00 AM
I only have one question: Since my favorite James Bond is Roger Moore, not Sean Connery or Bronson, what a guy suppose to do since each volume ($50) is mixture of all of Bond actors?:incazzato:Get 'em anyway? I mean, I don't actually dislike any of the actors, so even though I have a favourite, that's my plan.

L.J.
11-08-2006, 06:32 AM
Smoke, this idea is so crazy that it actually might work. :idea:

OK, here goes. Purchase the box sets, take out your favorite titles and send the rest to me. BAM!! Don't worry, I'll take care of the shipping. :ciappa:

Smokey
11-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks guys for comments and laughs.

May be by Dec 12th when Vol 3 and 4 are released, volume1 and 2 will be discounted. Or when the bond movie is released :D

L.J.
11-10-2006, 04:14 PM
You can get 20% off at DDD (http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/index.cfm) (I buy most of my DVD's here) plus free shipping. Use any of these codes. Sale ends on the 18th. You can find more info at DVDTalk.com bargains forum (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=483150&page=1&pp=25). Just a heads up.

DVDTALK
USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
DDDCD
DD1110
DVDPRICESEARCH
LATIMES
ESPN
YAHOO
JIM
WGN
XM

Smokey
11-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Thanks L.J.

The code for discount actually works :thumbsup:

I probably hold off on James Bond DVDs for now, but might order some Sitcoms and movies. They have an order phone number, and lady told me I can phone in my order also which I am more comfortable with.

I like talking to a “live” person when ordering, in case of any mishaps :D

kelsci
11-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Well, my personal favorite out of all the films is ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, despite Lazenby the film is just awesome!

One of my three favorites, Peru. I found nothing wrong with Lazenby as bond. What I love about this film is it's a romantic superadventure. I think there is nothing in life one could possibly have would be a man having such an adventure with a beautiful lady. That is what make the film so good. The end of this movie makes Bond just as human as you or I.