Cheap-o Amp Stand [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cheap-o Amp Stand

s dog
11-05-2006, 04:46 PM
I just picked up a Audio Source AMP ONE A off of ebay to run my center speaker, But i needed to make more room on my audio rack so i decided to build a amp stand and move my sonance amp off the rack and put it on the floor, So i took a piece of 2-1/2 inch pvc pipe and cut 4 - 1-1/2 inch piece off to make feet for the amp stand, Then i glued them on a piece of flooring and painted the whole thing black,It dont look like much but it will do the job untill i get time to make something nicer.

markw
11-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Beats the milk crate I used for my Rotel RB-991. It was naturally industrial grey, though.

s dog
11-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Beats the milk crate I used for my Rotel RB-991. It was naturally industrial grey, though.
At lest the paint was free, i had to pay for mine, LOL

jrhymeammo
11-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Good job there SDog.
If you are using a solid state amp, then I'll say that;s as good as it gets. You might notice more refinement by using a rack provided by BIlly Bag and others, but why spend over $1000.

JRA

2325fan
11-06-2006, 08:13 AM
look at walmart ive heard they have some nice stuff or better yet can u do woodworkin? build one for ur entire system thats what i did. i made it out of tiger maple an it looks killa

jrhymeammo
11-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Actually Wal-Mart did have a good Audio Rack/furniture for under $100. It looked and felt very sturdy. Wasn't ugly either. I was going to pick it up, but it was 3AM and I was trying to finalize my project. I may go get it this week