Heroes [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Heroes

L.J.
11-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Anybody else watching this. Whaddaya think, do you like it, hate it or what?

jrhymeammo
11-03-2006, 10:34 AM
I havent seen it, but I'm really curious to how long that Japanese character will last. From previews I've seen, he looks like he's playing that scared but unpredictable asian guy... Ichi might be dust

Hey Goku, you've been stuck in that SS2 for a while now. When you are gonna transform? You must train harder.

-JahMaiya

topspeed
11-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Meh.

Wifey likes it, tho.

L.J.
11-03-2006, 11:36 AM
I havent seen it, but I'm really curious to how long that Japanese character will last. From previews I've seen, he looks like he's playing that scared but unpredictable asian guy... Ichi might be dust

Hey Goku, you've been stuck in that SS2 for a while now. When you are gonna transform? You must train harder.

-JahMaiya

I've been meaning to change that Goku.

It's been pretty interesting so far and some twists are finally starting to develop. I'm curious to see what happens also. Thanks to my handy DVR, I've seen all six episodes.

s dog
11-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Anybody else watching this. Whaddaya think, do you like it, hate it or what? I really like the show but i find it a bit hard to follow, and that blond is really hot.

L.J.
11-04-2006, 07:37 AM
I really like the show but i find it a bit hard to follow, and that blond is really hot.

Yeah, I'm a fan "evil" Nikki myself.

SlumpBuster
11-04-2006, 09:02 PM
I haven't been able to get into the recent crop of long story arc shows. Whether its Lost, 24, Prison Break, or whatever, they haven't gotten my attention. Most just feel like a shaggy dog story, simply no payoff. Or, if a new one comes along I find myself saying, "why waste the time? it just might get cancelled." Hell, apparently I was the only one watching that new Ray Liotta show that got cancelled after three weeks. They always claim that there is some story that ties it all together, but I don't buy it. Not when characters can get written out of a show because of real life issues. If you can do that, then your just making it up. Sure, Babylon 5 had all five seasons written from day one, but that is unique. A high profile fizzle ala Twin Peaks is the more probable fate for any of these shows. (And before anyone points it out, yes I know 24 has been on like 5 or 6 seasons).

Nevertheless, I have been pulled into Heros. But I am getting frustrated by the sprawling cast. There are too many characters and too much exposition for people who are just trying to catch up. The most compelling characters are the cheerleader and the Japanese guy. They should really focus on there strong characters and use the others to support the story of the leads. Lead characters and support characters have a purpose in storytelling. It would be better, IMO, to discover the story from the POV of a lead character as they are uncovering it, rather than from an omniscient observer jumping from thread to thread. The way it written now is designed to serve a plot over character developement. But, we already know the plot: Heros, Villians, Doomsday, I get it. We watch Batman for Batman, not the Joker and certainly not the doomsday machine. Heroes need to figure that out.

L.J.
11-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Save the cheerleader, save the world!

Hopefully the next few episodes gets things moving. The last one was a waste and had me yawning :Yawn:

jrhymeammo
11-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Let me know when that Japanese guy takes over the world. I guess I'll never hear from you then....

-JRA