Eddie Murphy Best Movie. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Murphy Best Movie.

Smokey
11-02-2006, 05:39 PM
It seems Eddie Murphy have lost some steams in recent years in firing up the silver screen, but he have few goodies under his belt from the past.

IMO, his best effort so far have been the Nutty Professor II: The Klumps. He play several roles in that movie, and one really can’t tell that is Eddie under all that make up. And that is good acting :)

http://www.sptimes.com/News/120700/photos/wk-KLUMPS.jpg

jrhymeammo
11-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Thank you for not listing Holy Man. Thank You.

Anyways, My favorite is The adventure of Pluto Nash. How could you exclude that? Com'on Nah!!

Smokey
11-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Anyways, My favorite is The adventure of Pluto Nash. How could you exclude that? Com'on Nah!!

To tell you the truth, I didn't know that movie existed untill you mentioned it LOL. Sorry couldn't get it in the poll due to space.

But I see you voted for Coming to America which is also one of my favorite. The scene where Arsenio Hall as a preacher in a beauty pageant kept saying "There is a God somewhere" had me rolling on the floor :D

jrhymeammo
11-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah, Coming to America was more than just another classic. I'm sure some movie snobs can comeup with some obscure titles, and claim their preference. That movie was just ridiculus. I think that's what makes it funny for me.

For TAOPN, I dont really know why I like it, but I just cant get enough of it. I need to go buy that DVD. I'm sure I can get it on sale for under $8 too.

Germiamo.

Dusty Chalk
11-03-2006, 12:12 AM
I agree with you about Nutty Professor (although he started it in the first one). But I also think he really created the character in Beverly Hills Cop. So I voted for that one, too.

eisforelectronic
11-03-2006, 08:19 AM
Eddie's silver screen time may be past now, but he's really found a new calling with the voice acting, I think.

topspeed
11-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Eddie's silver screen time may be past now, but he's really found a new calling with the voice acting, I think.
Naw, he just found another niche. Daddy Day Care was a good family movie and it did very well in the box office.

FWIW, I voted for Trading Places, if only because I loved that film. Honestly, my fave Eddie movie isn't a movie at all, but a concert:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6300214958.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I laughed so hard I pee'd.

eisforelectronic
11-03-2006, 04:34 PM
ok, I gotta admit daddy day care was pretty funny.

paul_pci
11-03-2006, 06:33 PM
I chose Trading Places, because not only is it one of my favorite movies, but, say what you will, Eddie Murphy shows quite a range from comedic to serious in the movie.

Smokey
11-03-2006, 08:53 PM
I chose Trading Places, because not only is it one of my favorite movies, but, say what you will, Eddie Murphy shows quite a range from comedic to serious in the movie.

I agree with you. He is very under rated as an actor, and is in par with other SNL heavy weights (in term of acting) such as Bill Murry and Steve Martin.

May be he should do another Concert movie :D

bobsticks
11-05-2006, 07:24 AM
Beverly Hills Cop was a great franchise, but I also had to cast a vote for Trading Places--if only because he manages to work in G.I. Joe With The Kung Fu Grip. Everytime I consider an investment I can't help but think of Eddie explaining hog futures...

Bernd
11-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Naw, he just found another niche. Daddy Day Care was a good family movie and it did very well in the box office.

FWIW, I voted for Trading Places, if only because I loved that film. Honestly, my fave Eddie movie isn't a movie at all, but a concert:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6300214958.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I laughed so hard I pee'd.

Another vote for "Delirious". Nice call topspeed. A fantastic laugh.

Peace

Bernd:16:

ICECREAM!!! The Icecream man is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smokey
11-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Beverly Hills Cop was a great franchise, but I also had to cast a vote for Trading Places--if only because he manages to work in G.I. Joe With The Kung Fu Grip.

They should have done a sequel to that movie. In Coming to America, those two old guys made a cameo appearance where Eddie hand them a bag of money. And they said “We are back.”.

Everybody thought that scene was a hint that a sequel to Trading Places might be coming. But it never materialized :(

paul_pci
11-05-2006, 09:05 PM
They should have done a sequel to that movie. In Coming to America, those two old guys made a cameo appearance where Eddie hand them a bag of money. And they said “We are back.”.

Everybody thought that scene was a hint that a sequel to Trading Places might be coming. But it never materialized :(

Like History of the World Part II. I'm still waiting!

Smokey
11-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Like History of the World Part II. I'm still waiting!

I guess you will never get a chance to see Hitler skating on ice which was promised in the sequel :D