MUNICH DVD Disaster. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : MUNICH DVD Disaster.

PeruvianSkies
10-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Does anyone else happen to have or have seen the Region 1 DVD edition of MUNICH? If so, did anyone else happen to notice what a catastophe it was? One of the poorest DVD's that I have seen since some of the earlier poor transfers on the format. I know that there was some intention to make the film appear a bit older and more grainy, but this is rediculous! The video Black looks incredibly poor and the level of detail is incredibly lacking. I saw this in the theater and I remember it having a bit of grain, which is common when shooting in Super 35, which I don't understand why Spielberg won't shoot in Panavision!!! Arggg. I know that he likes his films to look a bit washed out as well, which was the case with WAR OF THE WORLDS, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, MINORITY REPORT, but the DVD's for those films at least were able to capture the grain without losing too much detail.

MUNICH (being one of my more recent favorite films) should NOT look this poor! Anyone else have some thoughts on the subject???

I hope they do this film in the HD formats!!!!