Quad 22L2 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Quad 22L2

BillyB
10-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Just curious if anyone knows anything about a new Quad model 22L2.I currently own the 22L's and stumbled onto this model # doing a google for info on my speakers.The specs seem almost identical except for a higher top end frequency response and they're a big step up in price.They seem to only be on British websites so my guess is they're not available in the US yet.They're not even listed on Quads website which I thought was rather strange.I"m extremely pleased with my 22L's so I'm just wandering if they raised the price mostly due to the 22L's already being so reasonably priced for their level of Quality or did they actually make significant technical changes to the unit.The drivers and cabinet look identical if the pictures I saw were accurate.

Dusty Chalk
10-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Gosh, I hope the 22L's remain in production. It'd be a nice alternative.

Thanks for hint, I'll go look around for more info. Will report back if I find anything.

Dusty Chalk
11-09-2006, 04:29 PM
It sure looks like it's turning into a replacement -- a lot of the UK sites don't list the 22L any more (heck, there's an L2 everything, it seems...11L2, 12L2, 21L2...), and there's even a mention in one of the brochures on the Quad site (http://www.quad-hifi.co.uk/ESLBrochurelow.pdf).

Anyone have any more information? I've written my local dealer from whom I was planning on purchasing these speakers, but that was just earlier today. He doesn't always email back right away -- if this is news to him, then he will probably contact his Quad dealer.