Do you shop on Amazon.ca? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Do you shop on Amazon.ca?

ForeverAutumn
10-25-2006, 04:30 PM
I just discovered that if you link to Amazon.ca through the Canadian Red Cross web site, Amazon will donate 5% of your purchase price to the Red Cross.

It won't cost you any more and you can help a lot of people.

http://www.redcross.ca/article.asp?id=011274&tid=015

likeitloud
10-26-2006, 04:10 AM
I do, I think there the best online store out there, fast shipping, and most important
they are an authorized dealer for some audio gear(like pioneer), they track your
order for you, keep you informed of issues, I like them.

BarryL
10-26-2006, 05:30 AM
I just discovered that if you link to Amazon.ca through the Canadian Red Cross web site, Amazon will donate 5% of your purchase price to the Red Cross.

It won't cost you any more and you can help a lot of people.

http://www.redcross.ca/article.asp?id=011274&tid=015

5% of the purchase price? Really? I could see them going for 5% of the profits, given how thin their margins are.

Amazon is a great company in terms of delivering value to consumers. If what you say is true about donations to the red cross, then this is another great deal for those who benefit from the services of the Red Cross. I'm not sure it's a good deal for shareholders, but that's up to the shareholders to decide.

Thanks for the info. I'll be entering amazon.ca from the Red Cross portal from now on.

Who knows, they may have the same deal going in the U.S.

ForeverAutumn
10-26-2006, 05:57 AM
The American Red Cross has a similar program but it's with multiple vendors and on the purchase of specific products. Information is here... http://www.redcross.org/sponsors/howtohelp/dollars.html

ForeverAutumn
10-26-2006, 05:59 AM
5% of the purchase price? Really? I could see them going for 5% of the profits, given how thin their margins are.

Amazon is a great company in terms of delivering value to consumers. If what you say is true about donations to the red cross, then this is another great deal for those who benefit from the services of the Red Cross. I'm not sure it's a good deal for shareholders, but that's up to the shareholders to decide.

Thanks for the info. I'll be entering amazon.ca from the Red Cross portal from now on.

Who knows, they may have the same deal going in the U.S.

I went back to the site to double check. It's definately 5% of your purchase.

Shop n' Donate

The Canadian Red Cross in association with Amazon.ca has made giving that much easier.

When you click on the link below, and make any online purchase on Amazon.ca, the Canadian Red Cross will receive 5% of your purchase total. So now your Amazon.ca online purchases are giving hope to people here in Canada and around the world.

Slosh
10-26-2006, 02:08 PM
never used amazon.com but have used amazon.uk to get some SACDs not sold in the states

Swish
10-26-2006, 03:30 PM
...outstanding. I was looking to buy an MK tile cutter that was selling at Lowe's and Home Depot for about $725 + 6% tax, and decided to check the net. I actually found a guy on Amazon who was able to sell the same model, brand spanking new, for about $200 less and even threw in a bunch of free extras (extra blade, trowels, knee pads, etc.) that would have cost another $100 or so. The shippping was close to $80 but and came right from the MK factory and no PA sales tax. He explained that he was merely a broker without the showroom overhead (makes sense) and was able to undercut the big retail stores.

Anyway, that's a long story, but I've learned that it pays to shop, even for stuff you wouldn't normally expect to buy on the internet. Oh, I also buy some music from Amazon, and picked up original MGM releases on DVD of Jean de Florette and Manon of Spring (prequal, sequal). Two great movies. They cost me plenty but they're worth it.

Swish

PeruvianSkies
10-26-2006, 06:48 PM
I like to shop at the various non-US Amazon's just because I am able to get some things not available here in the US, like certain DVD's with DTS or limited edition, special packaging, extras etc. SACD's are another good example. Also, sometimes the taxes or prices are better as well, YEAH AMAZON!