Monster House [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Monster House

L.J.
10-25-2006, 11:51 AM
http://a1596.g.akamaitech.net/f/1596/1167/1d/images.columbiahouse.com/content/art/dvd/cover/04/47/044705_dba_lbf_01.jpg

I gotta chance to check this one out last night with my kid. The animation was excellent. Very nice to the last detail. PQ was really good and the colors were very vivid.

Sound quality was excellent from beginning to end. Bass was deep when called upon. Lots of action across the front stage. Dialogue was crystal clear. Very good use of the surrounds also. Small details such as leaves ruffling, or the cracks and creaks of the house really brings you into the film.

Get your kids together, turn off all the lights and get that corn popping. This is a great one to sit and watch with the family.

Worf101
10-26-2006, 04:28 AM
http://a1596.g.akamaitech.net/f/1596/1167/1d/images.columbiahouse.com/content/art/dvd/cover/04/47/044705_dba_lbf_01.jpg

I gotta chance to check this one out last night with my kid. The animation was excellent. Very nice to the last detail. PQ was really good and the colors were very vivid.

Sound quality was excellent from beginning to end. Bass was deep when called upon. Lots of action across the front stage. Dialogue was crystal clear. Very good use of the surrounds also. Small details such as leaves ruffling, or the cracks and creaks of the house really brings you into the film.

Get your kids together, turn off all the lights and get that corn popping. This is a great one to sit and watch with the family.

Thanks man... My son, Ian's, 13 but still a scardy cat when it comes to Horror and monster movies. Thanks for the recommend.

Da Worfster

GMichael
10-26-2006, 04:58 AM
Was this a "non-official review?"

Sounds cool. Thanks. I don't needs kids to watch it. I'm the kid at our house.

topspeed
10-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Picking up on Worf's theme, I've got a 7 and 4 year old. Ebert and Roeper both gave it Thumbs Up but definitely cautioned anyone under 10 from watching it. I really don't need my kids climbing into my bed in the middle of the night so what's your position on this?

L.J.
10-27-2006, 01:13 PM
Picking up on Worf's theme, I've got a 7 and 4 year old. Ebert and Roeper both gave it Thumbs Up but definitely cautioned anyone under 10 from watching it. I really don't need my kids climbing into my bed in the middle of the night so what's your position on this?

My kids 7 and I'd have to say he was a little on edge (this was most likely caused by the nervousness of the characters on screen and sometimes sudden bursts of sound) but not enough to have it linger in his mind after the film was over. There was a bit of creepiness/mystery to the house that never really let's up but there is also humor mixed into this as well which eases the tension. Some scenes may be a little rough for a 4 year old though. Trust me, my kid is pretty scary and the movie would have been cut off the second he had a problem with it.

We all have different views so I guess the best bet would be for parents to view first. My wife and I have done this many times in the past.

Dusty Chalk
10-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Me and my inner child will enjoy this.

jrhymeammo
11-17-2006, 12:45 AM
That movie was horrible. The best part is that I was talking to this 3-4 year old(I can never tell) at my local dog park today. Talkative little devil he was. He asked me if I had seen it, then I told him that I just watched it last week. He said is was so scary. He asked me if I thought it was a scary movie. I reply
"Yeah, but not as scary as my house"
That poor little kid. He looked at me with his beady lil eyes, and said
"Well my house is not scary like that:

He was setting me up

I said
"well, I dunno~I think your house might be......":
before I could finish my sentense, he started crying & screaming and started running towards his mom.
Ahhhhhh kids. Gotta love'em.

-JRA