Jazz Comp for DL : Sleep is for the Weak [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Comp for DL : Sleep is for the Weak

noddin0ff
10-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Thought I’d try another server for downloading comps (www.megaupload.com). Let me know how it works. This one has a file size limit of 250 and should be A LOT faster for downloads. The web page is a little busy, look toward the upper right. A few short hoops to jump through…Visit the link, enter a 3 character code, wait 45 seconds, close a popup, download. I think the speed will more than make up for it. It took me ~15 minutes to download 250MB. (WARNING: I got a pop-under after downloading that was not kid safe in nature. I don’t know if this is par for the course. If it’s a problem I’ll re-upload to a safer server.)

This is an odd comp. I’m calling it Sleep is for the Weak. It’s a jazz comp for burning the midnight oil. Rock/Funk/Experimental driven. Not much traditional here. The first track is one to either get your blood pumping or set you on edge. Track 02 more of the same. Settles down some after that.

Basically a jazz comp for the adventuresome spirit. Jazz purists might argue that a lot of it is not jazz. I can only say all but track 10 were purchased in the jazz section... I’d be interested to hear what you think.

In order to respect personal objections to rampant file sharing, you need to PM me for the download link. I hope this doesn’t detract anyone.

01 Voice Of Chunk (5:25) - The Lounge Lizards: Voice Of Chunk (1998)
02 Things Fall Apart (3:22) - Stanton Moore: Flyin The Koop (2002)
03 Partido Alto (5:44) - Medeski, Martin & Wood: The Dropper (2000)
04 Moon Dance (6:37) - Sun Ra and his Myth Science Arkestra: Cosmic Tones for Mental Therapy and Art Forms of Dimensions Tomorrow (1961)
05 Intro (0:45) - Liquid Soul: Make Some Noise (1998)
06 Threadin' The Needle (4:06) - Liquid Soul: Make Some Noise (1998)
07 Red Clay (12:12) - Freddie Hubbard: The Best Of Freddie Hubbard (1970)
08 Alias (7:56) - Bill Frisell: Unspeakable (2004)
09 Salt Peanuts/Chocolate Covered Nut (4:44) - Liquid Soul: Make Some Noise (1998)
10 Alright: Music for More Morning People (2:56) - Bullfrog: Bullfrog (2001)
11 Word To Herb (7:31) - Screaming Headless Torso: Live!! (2002)
12 Black Coffee (5:47) - Jacqui Naylor: Live East/West (2005)

Two files
01to07.zip is 224MB
08to12.zip is 189MB

I included a folder with Album art in the second file!

Slosh
10-25-2006, 02:28 PM
PM in a sec. :)

I haven't tried it yet but . . . www.mediafire.com

free and no upload file size limitation :cool:

I'll give it a shot next time I do one of these.

noddin0ff
10-25-2006, 05:41 PM
www.mediafire.com sounds excellent.

I'm re-upping the files on this server right now. I'm at home on cable broad band now. It's uploading at 350kbps, not bad. Should be done in about 2 hours... Uploads are usually slower than downloads on cable.

The interface is nice and clean. Its free. AND simultaneous downloads are allowed which is unusual.

Check back tomorrow for links.

For the 17 people who viewed and haven't PM'd me...It's FREE MUSIC!

All in perfect flac quality.

Slosh
10-25-2006, 11:50 PM
FWIW, both files downloaded in about 15 minutes here. Much, much faster than SendSpace. Better run Ad-Aware soon, however. Even so I'm gonna give MediaFire a try since these comps can all be stuck in one folder there.

Thanks! Will give a listen later today when I get home from work.

edit: Okay, so Ad-Aware and AVG didn't find anything but but I looked in Windows Install Clean Up and found something I had never seen before and promptly deleted it. No problems so far.

noddin0ff
10-26-2006, 06:16 AM
That's good info about Ad-Aware. I run a Mac and don't ever have to worry about that stuff. Didn't even cross my mind.

I have down load links ready for Mediafire, any PM's will get both options.

edit: I just fired up a download from mediafire. I'm at work with full on ethernet. I'm getting 1MB/sec. That makes for a 6 minute download for the whole thing....

Slosh
10-27-2006, 03:43 AM
Only had a chance for one spin so far but I can safely say I like this a lot more than traditional jazz (keeping in mind my limited exposure and all). Then again I'm not much into traditional anything. :)

Thanks again!

noddin0ff
10-28-2006, 10:01 AM
In case anyone is wondering...73 views has resulted in three...3... PM's for the download links. I wasn't expecting much, but three is a little dissapointing. Maybe I'm a cheap date, but I'd download something I wasn't sure I'd like just to see what was there. Don't be shy about PMing.

In case PMing is mysterious...you click on the member's user name over to the left here and that will take you to their profile. In the frame on the right labeled 'Contact info' is a link to "Send a private message to USERNAME"

Slosh
10-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Caution, you're treading near pity-click territory :D

For the life of me I could never understand why people would turn down free music during the old CD-R/snail mail comp trading days. Now it's only a few clicks away. Baffling, yet people still pay for lossy downloads. :confused:

noddin0ff
10-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Actually, I was hoping to bait and/or goad some of the pity-clickers... :wink5:

...was my evil plot too transparent? :aureola:

I was always too chicken to request a CD comp.-- it just seemed too personal and I didn't really feel like I had that much of a relation going, or anything to give in return. This way you can be as anonymous as you like, the barrier to action is really, really low, and no one is really inconvenienced for time or postage.

Dusty Chalk
10-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Maybe everyone associates a little too much with your protagonist (the prepositional object in your subject heading)?

noddin0ff
10-29-2006, 04:24 AM
Three hours of parsing a sentence later...*chuckle*

edit: 4 PM's per 100 views and counting!