like: OMG! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : like: OMG!

basite
10-22-2006, 09:53 AM
sorry for the weird title, didn't knew how to say it.

so, today, me and my dad went to pick up the new equipement we ordered
rotel ra-06, rotel rcd-06
and these cables
http://www.mitcables.com/producttree.asp?category=69&product=0&qty=1&tab=1

when he ordered them, he asked or we could hear the b&w 800 speakers, and the guy said yes, so the first thing we did was hearing them, man, i must say that i was impressed, really impressed, the sound was so clear, so really really natural, so everything you wished it to be, and then, we took our time to look around in the shop, it was like a whole hi-fi show in there, McIntosh all over the place, all b&w's you could imagine, martin logan, ... i tought that i was in heaven, it was really like OMG!

so, what are one of those moments you were thinking (or saying) Oh my god, i'm in heaven??

btw, because the brands i listed was quite short: here's a link where all their brands are on.

http://www.alphahighend.be/range.htm

Dusty Chalk
10-22-2006, 12:27 PM
The first time I wandered into a local tube-favouring high-end store, I thought to myself, "that's cool, they have live music here, too". Then later, "dang, that guy is as good as Buddy Rich". So finally one of the proprietors/clerks/whatevers wanders into the room I'm in, and I ask, "who's playing in the next room". "Buddy Rich". "No way!" It was simply the first time I had heard music reproduced so well. I ended up buying that basic system (Jolida JD102B amp, Spendor S3/5 speakers -- ended up using a different source and sub).

JoeE SP9
10-22-2006, 07:55 PM
June 1976 I heard a pair of Magnepan MG-1's. I bought them on the spot. Life and my stereo haven't been the same since.:ihih:

jrhymeammo
10-22-2006, 08:20 PM
My expereince can go wayyyyyyyy back, but the most memorable one was with BOSE.
Yes BOSE.
One of my friends had this thing called LaserDisc(you ever heard of it?) with a pro-logic receiver and 3 pieces of bose acousticmass dilly. I thought watching this thing on a 21" TV was crazy. Hearing sounds from more than 2 speakers were the coolest thing. I couldnt sleep that night.

-JRA

basite
10-23-2006, 06:04 AM
The first time I wandered into a local tube-favouring high-end store, I thought to myself, "that's cool, they have live music here, too". Then later, "dang, that guy is as good as Buddy Rich". So finally one of the proprietors/clerks/whatevers wanders into the room I'm in, and I ask, "who's playing in the next room". "Buddy Rich". "No way!" It was simply the first time I had heard music reproduced so well. I ended up buying that basic system (Jolida JD102B amp, Spendor S3/5 speakers -- ended up using a different source and sub).

since yesterday, i also know that feeling, we ended up listening to the b&w 800 speakers for almost 2 hours, then we found out there were more rooms, including one cinema room, where they were playing a hd dvd movie (damn, i must say, it is some noticable difference), the cinema room also included martin logan speakers powered by a mcintosh amp and preamp, then there were other rooms...