What do you think? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

memphisman23
10-21-2006, 02:09 AM
I just bought my new system. 2 Global sound design (GS Design) 325 watt 4 way 6x9's, 2 Memphis power reference dual voice coil 10's (250 watts continuous 500 max 87db sensitivity) I have a no name capacitor and an 800 watt kenwood amp bridged for power (which will be replaced with a much nicer amp hopefully this week) What do you guys think of memphis audio and GS Design? I need some feedback. Thanks

Bernd
10-21-2006, 05:54 AM
Hi and welcome,

I don't know any off your gear.
Wouldn't it have made more sense to ask about opinions "before" you buy?
Just a thought.
Hope you enjoy your system.

Peace

Bernd:16:

audio_dude
10-21-2006, 09:51 AM
never heard of any of that stuff, but could you get us some web links, or some pics?

ya, like bernd said, maybe inquire BEFORE buying...

basite
10-21-2006, 12:16 PM
links with specs
and pics (of YOUR setup, not some picture of the internet) would be best, then we can maybe also give you some more advice, (placing,...)

memphisman23
10-21-2006, 02:04 PM
I had already looked into the subs. I knew to ask questions before. I was just asking if anyone personally has any of the said products. I knew enough about the gear to know that it was definitely worth buying, although I am still a little foggy as to the complete difference between dual and single voice coil subwoofers. I know that it creates more wiring capabilities, but is that it? I will add some pictures of MY gear as soon as I get my camera phone working again, or buy another camera phone.And as far as the 6x9's go, I had already purchased a set of 2 GS Design 12's. I knew that GS was an underground product, but these 12's were 2 of the best subs I have EVER owned. Unfortunately they were ripped off 3 weeks after I bought them. Stolen right off my driveway, along with my beautiful new Pioneer in dash dvd player, amp, box mids and highs, and crossover.Oh, and the specs are, Memphis 15-PR104D, GS Dsign GSX-694T. tHE HEAD UNIT IS A PRETTY COOL ONE. although cheap it gets the job done and then some. It is a VR3am/fm stereo cd/mp3player. It has a remote, an sd card slot, aux input, and usb port, which plays and charges and displays info from my ipod, and also plays usb flashcards. 180 watts. VRCD400-SDU. I only payed 95 bucks for it brand new, but I really love it! Pictures will be up soon. Thanks for the welcome guys!

memphisman23
10-21-2006, 02:22 PM
http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/details.asp?id=54

audio_dude
10-21-2006, 02:23 PM
oo, that sucks man, sorry to hear about the stolen stuff

now, by underground, you mean "white van" stuff?

memphisman23
10-21-2006, 02:27 PM
http://sewelldirect.com/vr3-car-stereo-with-sd-wma-mp3-flash-thumbdrive-cd-player.asp
I'll have pictures of my actual setup posted very soon hopefully!
Thanks again guys!

memphisman23
10-21-2006, 02:34 PM
http://globalsounddesign.com/closed.aspx

memphisman23
10-21-2006, 07:13 PM
oo, that sucks man, sorry to hear about the stolen stuff

now, by underground, you mean "white van" stuff?

HAHA! No. I mean it's a company not heard of very often at all. I never heard of them til a friend came up with 2 12's tryin to sell em. I heard em they sounded pretty nice so picked em up. they were 900 watts max. and i had a power acoustic 1800 watt amp pushin em.

PeruvianSkies
10-21-2006, 08:52 PM
sounds shady.

2325fan
11-17-2006, 05:49 PM
hey buddy glad u joined but ur stuff is car audio not cool vintage

N. Abstentia
11-17-2006, 06:38 PM
HAHA! No. I mean it's a company not heard of very often at all. I never heard of them til a friend came up with 2 12's tryin to sell em. I heard em they sounded pretty nice so picked em up. they were 900 watts max. and i had a power acoustic 1800 watt amp pushin em.

In other words they ARE white van...

topspeed
11-18-2006, 11:35 AM
I dunno. There's a lot of car audio stuff out there I've never heard of that is purported to be pretty darn good. Kind of like those tiny boutique hi-end manufacturers that audiophiles fawn over...and then go out of business the next year.

To the OP, you're on the wrong forum friend. This is a home audio site. Scroll down to the CAReview site or try cardomain.com. Good luck.

audio_dude
11-18-2006, 02:39 PM
ya, just seems like white can to me...

car audio, ya, what Topspeed said...

MikeyBC
11-18-2006, 06:38 PM
I would not consider G&S designs an underground product...they produced the Redline series and were widely used in the late 80's and early 90's by top IASCA competitors and were distributed by the same company that distributed Precision Power amplifiers, they kinda went away for a while and maybe not as good as they used to be but still far from underground. I'd love to find a pair of Redline ODE-12's or 15's...they were killer drivers:ihih:

N. Abstentia
11-18-2006, 07:02 PM
I would not consider G&S designs an underground product...they produced the Redline series and were widely used in the late 80's and early 90's by top IASCA competitors and were distributed by the same company that distributed Precision Power amplifiers, they kinda went away for a while and maybe not as good as they used to be but still far from underground. I'd love to find a pair of Redline ODE-12's or 15's...they were killer drivers:ihih:

Well not really...Gordon Sound no longer has anything to do with the G&S name, and the new G&S drivers have nothing in common with them other than the G&S name and the 'Redline' label. Take it from a former G&S dealer (the REAL G&S stuff), they are not the same thing!

MikeyBC
11-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Ok I stand corrected, I wasn't aware there was that big of a change, been outta the car audio scene for a long time, I worked for a car audio shop and used to compete in the IASCA circuit once in a while,

Hey since you were a former dealer you wouldn't happen to have the specs for the Redline GE6010 10" 8 ohm and the OD1-15 8 ohm lying around would you? I have these lying around and would like to make good use of them someday. last time i looked they were not in the Theil-Small database. I've searched everywhere but only found specs for the GE4010 with Japanese writing on the page.:confused: Anyway just a shot in the dark.

jrhymeammo
11-19-2006, 09:48 AM
I've searched everywhere but only found specs for the GE4010 with Japanese writing on the page.:confused: Anyway just a shot in the dark.

If you wanna know about the specs of GE4010 I'll be glad to translate it for you, being Japanese and all.

-JRA

N. Abstentia
11-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Dang I wish I would have kept all my dealer lit stuff, I had all the specs!

MikeyBC
11-19-2006, 09:27 PM
If you wanna know about the specs of GE4010 I'll be glad to translate it for you, being Japanese and all.

-JRA

Thanks, but for some reason the specs had normal numbers but everything else was Japanese or Chinese, The 4010 was different than the 6010 so they wont apply. I i need translating though I'll keep you in mind.

MikeyBC
11-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Dang I wish I would have kept all my dealer lit stuff, I had all the specs!

I wish I had photo copied the pages of specs we had too, but back then I wouldn't have imagined I'd need them 15 years later.