Sloshapalooza! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sloshapalooza!

Slosh
10-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Live music comp, anyone? I'm not gonna bother with a private message link this time just 'cause the vast majority of these songs are readily available for free legal download . . . . but here you get Nero'd files all tagged and ready to go. Burn this as a gapless CD and it'll all fit on one disc.

01. The Decemberists - Up The Junction (Squeeze)
02. Andrew Bird's Bowl Of Fire - Way Out West
03. Wilco - The Late Greats
04. Pinback - Loro
05. Rogue Wave - Endless Shovel
06. The Decemberists - Odalisque
07. Calexico - Black Heart
08. Andrew Bird's Bowl Of Fire - Sweetbreads
09. Lucinda Williams - Pineola
10. The Dismemberment Plan - Come Home
11. Spoon - Me And The Bean/Back To The Life
12. My Morning Jacket - I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man (Prince)
13. Alice In Chains - Sludge Factory
14. Fugazi - Life And Limb
15. Rogue Wave - Catform
16. Jane's Addiction - Rock & Roll (Velvet Underground)
17. Jane's Addiction - Sympathy For The Devil (Rolling Stones)
18. Mercury Rev - Isolation (John Lennon)

Part 1 (255.47MB - FLAC)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t9cp1d
Part 2 (242.49MB - FLAC)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vexwdl

Swish
10-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Looks like some good stuff. Some familiar, some not so.

Swish

JDaniel
10-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Hey Slosh. Long time since I checked in around here. I miss it too. I clicked by mistake on the link in my favorites, and my password was still saved. The first post I see is yours, a "Live Comp". "Comping" was what made this place great many moons ago, and introduced me to literally dozens of new bands. I must have over a hundred Rave Rec comps on the shelf from back in the day. And I made and traded a few of my own.

So I'm downloading yours now. Many of the bands are my favs - Lucinda, Decemberists, Andrew Bird, Wilco etc..

Thanks mate, and good to be back here, even if by mistake.

JDaniel

Swish
10-24-2006, 04:44 AM
Hey Slosh. Long time since I checked in around here. I miss it too. I clicked by mistake on the link in my favorites, and my password was still saved. The first post I see is yours, a "Live Comp". "Comping" was what made this place great many moons ago, and introduced me to literally dozens of new bands. I must have over a hundred Rave Rec comps on the shelf from back in the day. And I made and traded a few of my own.

So I'm downloading yours now. Many of the bands are my favs - Lucinda, Decemberists, Andrew Bird, Wilco etc..

Thanks mate, and good to be back here, even if by mistake.

JDaniel

I thought you fell off the earth. Hope all is well with you and yours and that you check in with us once in a blue moon.

Swish

Mr MidFi
10-24-2006, 06:41 AM
Hey, JD. I was thinking of you just a couple weeks ago, as I was cryin' in my beer and watching the Dogs & Vols. Good to see you again, bud.

3-LockBox
10-24-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm listening to part one and downloading part 2...amazing

not the download...the fact I'm actually enjoying the music.

thanx

PS> I'm on a cable hookup and it still takes over an hour to download this

Slosh
10-24-2006, 12:44 PM
PS> I'm on a cable hookup and it still takes over an hour to download thisFaster than the USPS, though. Yeah, SendSpace's server is dog-slow. YSI used to download in about 15 minutes for 500MB files but now they only allow 100MB uploads (bastardos!)

I clicked by mistake on the linkkarma :)

JDaniel
10-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Well, I listened to Part 1, and it was excellent. However, there was a %#$%#^ing problem with Part 2. It downloaded fine, but won't work. I've got to try it again. I'll kick it off before bed tonight. Thanks Slosh.

Yeah, Chris, I must admit, I enjoyed the win over your Dawgs.

Paul - good to hear from you too. All is well on this end. Life is just busier than ever. I'll try and make it more often than once in a blue moon.

Is Jimbo (JC) still around? And speaking of the old gang, I got an email from ChipB last week. He's doing well - has moved back to VA.

JDaniel

C-Z
10-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the sampler, mate. Haven't been around much for a long while myself.

Listening right now - excellent! Lots of artists that I have been curious about for a long time.

Dusty Chalk
10-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Ah, FLAC!

Hint: say it out loud.

noddin0ff
10-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Great comp again, tnx. I'm really liking Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire, esp. Sweetbreads. Could be an album purchase in my future...

noddin0ff
10-26-2006, 06:29 AM
I'm beginning to question my normalcy. I can't get Sweetbreads out of my head. I told my wife to give it a listen to. She got about 30 seconds in and said "This is disturbing" and took the head phones off. Now she's questioning why she married me in the first place...

----
"Dear Diary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."
-- JtHM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_the_Homicidal_Maniac)

Slosh
10-26-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm beginning to question my normalcy. I can't get Sweetbreads out of my head. I told my wife to give it a listen to. She got about 30 seconds in and said "This is disturbing" and took the head phones off. Now she's questioning why she married me in the first place...

----
"Dear Diary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."
-- JtHM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_the_Homicidal_Maniac)
Tell her, "I can taste what you were thinking. That's the taste of neurons blinking." :)

noddin0ff
10-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Tell her, "I can taste what you were thinking. That's the taste of neurons blinking." :)

I tried to sell her on the cleverness of the lyrics with that line. It didn't work. I just don't know why. On a related subject, I hear Thomas Harris has a new novel this year. Any reviews?

currently listening to webcast of The Mysterious Production of Eggs. I likey. This is how I end up spending money... www.andrewbird.net/listen.htm

Swish
10-28-2006, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the sampler, mate. Haven't been around much for a long while myself.

Listening right now - excellent! Lots of artists that I have been curious about for a long time.

Rae? CC? Snowflake? Stay tuned.

Swish Baby