They're a bunch of mindless jerks... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : They're a bunch of mindless jerks...

GMichael
10-17-2006, 01:48 PM
...who will be the first against the wall when the revolution begins! *

* Douglas Adams, THHGTTG

tin ear
10-17-2006, 05:37 PM
I don't wear a tinfoil hat, but there may be one up there on the deer antler... Before I take it down:
-Which they?
-Which revolution?
-Did you just watch V?

trollgirl
10-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Dude, that's so old school - the new way will be gas people in huge KBR buildings (I've seen the videos). The lucky ones will be vaporized when North Korea nukes all our large cities at once. Delivery systems will take them only a few more years... Tinfoil hats will be no protection within 2 km of ground zero. Or maybe the Iraqis will come over here and say, "I'm gonna give it to youuuuuuu, just like you gave it to my Mullah!"

Laz

tin ear
10-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Sorry, Laz, I'm afraid I must disagree. I believe the weapons of which you speak are those used by foreign enemies. We're already in a war with them. Any you are correct -- a tinfoil hat won't help. But he said revolution, which implies domestic enemies. More specifically, our government gone rogue, acting in concert with extra-terrestrial aliens bent on world domination and enslavement of us all, and our ultimately ending up on their tables as food. This, if I have heard right, is accomplished through mind control via electro-magnetic signals transmitted at a frequency which can directly affect our brains and are received by fillings in our teeth, our cell phones (as spurious harmonics). The transmitters are, of course bounced off our communications satellites, funded by our government, and originating at the HAARP (High-Atmosphere Auroral Research Project) up in Alaska (is it?). Well, I'm not sure of the location or the exact meaning of the acronym -- but that's it. Also funded by our government, of course.

For example.

THUS the need for the tinfoil hat. Ha!

Of course that's all a bunch of crap.

Isn't it?

:yikes:

:nonod:

tin ear
10-18-2006, 04:47 PM
What's KBR?

GMichael
10-19-2006, 06:11 AM
I was having a bad day Tuesday. Some of the people I work with were being total tools. Suddenly I heard those words from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The just popped into my head. (I had it on an LP years ago and played it over & over back then)
If you were to look up the Marketing Division of the Serious Cybernetics corporation in the Guide, it defines them as "A bunch of mindless jerks who will be first against the wall when the revolution begins." On a side note, "A copy of the guide from a thousand years in the future fell through a wormhole in time. It defines the Marketing Division of the Serious Cybernetics Corporation as a bunch of mindless jerks who were the first against the wall when the revolution began."

But I like how you guys think.

trollgirl
10-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Sorry, Laz, I'm afraid I must disagree. But he said revolution, which implies domestic enemies. More specifically, our government gone rogue, acting in concert with extra-terrestrial aliens bent on world domination and enslavement of us all, and our ultimately ending up on their tables as food.

For example.

THUS the need for the tinfoil hat. Ha!

Of course that's all a bunch of crap.

Isn't it?

Is it? I agree with you totally about the rogue government, but the ET thing, reptilian shape-shifters or not, is kind of "out there" even for me. Clearly, SOMEONE or some group is "bent on world domination and enslavement of us all" but their identity is the $64,000 question. I have studied into the question for many years, and they are a slippery bunch. The present turn of world history was laid out by Albert Pike in [I think it was] 1871. He covered WW I and WW II also. Just Google "Albert Pike" and you can find it without too much trouble. Or PM me, and I can PM it to you - I have it on my hard drive.

BTW, "KBR" stands for Kellogg, Brown, and Root, a part of the military-industrial complex. KBR recently was awarded a 9-figure [no-bid, duh] contract to construct facilities to confine and contain large groups of people. I may end my days in one, as I know too much...

BTW, my earlier post was done in a lighter mood, I hope you picked up on that.

Laz

Laz

tin ear
10-19-2006, 05:27 PM
BTW, my earlier post was done in a lighter mood, I hope you picked up on that.

I did. As I can see you picked up on mine -- the ET business. But who knows?

Aha. I remember Brown & Root from when I lived in Houston in the late '70s / early '80s.

SOMEONE or some group is "bent on world domination and enslavement of us all"
Ever heard or been to Alex Jones' sites?

tin ear
10-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey, GM, I read the books -- great fun, but never saw the movie.

Always carry a towel

GMichael
10-20-2006, 05:00 AM
Hey, GM, I read the books -- great fun, but never saw the movie.

Always carry a towel

You didn't miss much. The movie didn't do anything for me.
The audio recordings from the 80's were great though.

trollgirl
10-20-2006, 05:39 PM
I did. As I can see you picked up on mine -- the ET business. But who knows?

Aha. I remember Brown & Root from when I lived in Houston in the late '70s / early '80s.

Ever heard or been to Alex Jones' sites?

Alex Jones, yes, many times, and Jeff Rense's site more than that. I once read extensively on UFO's, and concluded that the whole UFO/ET business is demonic.

To follow up on my earlier post about camps:

http://www.sianews.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1062

I just hope the link works.

If anyone still thinks I am posting nonsense, I will do the documentation on the Zambian Space Program. I read of it in a slim volume by John Train [of the Harvard Lampoon and the Paris Review], and he stated that had verified each story. The book is titled simply "True Remarkable Occurrences," and eveyone's library should have a copy.

THE ZAMBIAN SPACE PROGRAM

Quite early in the space race Minister of Space Nkoloso of Zambia announced that his country would have a man on the the moon by 1970.

After a while reporters were invited to witness one of the program's high points. An unfortunate individual was stuffed in a barrel, to which was fastened a rope looped around a stout tree. Strong assistants then whirled the barrel around and around the tree. It was explained that the experience would familiarize the man in the barrel with some of the problems of orbital flight.

[footnote] In another phase of the program the future astronauts were rolled downhill in oil drums and trained to walk on their hands, said by the minister to be "the only way humans can walk on the moon." [end excerpt]

That was easy - some background to ancient technology will be more difficult, but the best thing I can to for interested individuals and scoffers alike is to point them all to two books:

Forbidden History

Forbidden Archaeology

I have been looking into it since about 1970, and am still finding amazing things. Just last night, I came across a photo on Chris Dunn's site showing him checking the angle between a stone ceiling and a stone wall with a small carpenter's square. The ceiling was so well polished, that I could see the clear reflection of him, his tool, and his light source. The surface of the stone appeared to be absolutely regular and flat. I asked a friend what she thought of it, and she stated that it looked like modern work. Nope - ancient Egypt. One thing they also did well was core-drilling, using a hollow tube pushing into stone with water and grit to do the cutting [or so we think]. Amazingly, the pitch of the spiral grooves which result indicate a feed rate faster than modern technology can achieve! More than that, they did it in very hard stone such as granite, diorite, and andesite.

Laz

trollgirl
10-20-2006, 05:47 PM
You didn't miss much. The movie didn't do anything for me.
The audio recordings from the 80's were great though.

I remember the audio recordings, heard a few, liked 'em. Loved the movie, but some people seem not to have. To be expected...

BTW, I offer my ["Sorry 'bout that!"] if my earlier posts hijacked the thread. Maybe it needed substance, or something like it. Think of it as Thread Repair, or at least, a lame attempt at same. "Lame?! It's in a d**n wheelchair!"

Laz

tin ear
10-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Forbidden History
J. Douglas Kenyon?

Forbidden Archaeology
Michael Cremo?

Just googled those -- might have to check them out. Love that kinda stuff!

Kellogg, B&R? Kellogg, a cereal heir? Descendent of a would-be social engineer who sought to curb sexuality with bland food -- cereal (psy or soc 101)? Or a different Kellogg?

TG, was there really a thread to hijack in the first place? :confused5:

GMichael
10-20-2006, 06:30 PM
I remember the audio recordings, heard a few, liked 'em. Loved the movie, but some people seem not to have. To be expected...

BTW, I offer my ["Sorry 'bout that!"] if my earlier posts hijacked the thread. Maybe it needed substance, or something like it. Think of it as Thread Repair, or at least, a lame attempt at same. "Lame?! It's in a d**n wheelchair!"

Laz

I started this thread just to blow off a little steam. Hijack away.

tin ear
10-20-2006, 06:35 PM
GM, your mentioning THHGTTG on LP reminded me of Nilsson's The Point for some reason. :confused5: Not in any way related, just a musical / story LP. Kinda silly, actually, but kinda cool.

-jon

Mr Peabody
10-20-2006, 08:22 PM
You are right! You all are right, it has started and they are using the Stingrays as the first wave! What should we do? I don't think tin hats will help us against the Stingrays..... but..... maybe if we can trick the Stingrays to wear them..... If you need me I'm in the garage making a breast plate.

GMichael
10-23-2006, 05:20 AM
I think I got lost somewhere along the way.:idea:

trollgirl
10-27-2006, 06:07 PM
J. Douglas Kenyon?

Michael Cremo?

Just googled those -- might have to check them out. Love that kinda stuff!

Kellogg, B&R? Kellogg, a cereal heir? Descendent of a would-be social engineer who sought to curb sexuality with bland food -- cereal (psy or soc 101)? Or a different Kellogg?

TG, was there really a thread to hijack in the first place? :confused5:

Kellogg, Brown, and Root - a subsidiary of Cheney's Halliburton [or is that Halliburton's Cheney?]. As far as I know, it has no connection with the proto-Adventist Dr Kellogg, and you may be aware of the movie "The Road to Wellsville" which was loosely based (if memory serves) on him. I don't think the bland food worked.

Michael Cremo was one of two authors of Forbidden Archaeology, but Forbidden History is an assembly of several articles by several authors.

Laz

Geoffcin
10-30-2006, 04:56 AM
...who will be the first against the wall when the revolution begins! *

* Douglas Adams, THHGTTG

Have some of his books, a few are signed copies too!

My kids are just now discovering the irrevrent and ironic humor of Adams. A shame he left us too soon.

So long, and thanks for all the fish Doug!

GMichael
10-30-2006, 06:40 AM
Have some of his books, a few are signed copies too!

My kids are just now discovering the irrevrent and ironic humor of Adams. A shame he left us too soon.

So long, and thanks for all the fish Doug!

Yes, I quote him often. Most people just look at me like I'm nuts. (they are right though)

Signed copies? That's great. Hang on to those. I have a leather bound copy with all 4 of the HHGTTG books included. I opened it in the store to find that all the writing was upside down. My first thought was that I should have known (given his strange humor). But as I looked through the rest of the copies I found that this was the only one printed (or bound) wrong. I had to have it.

It is a great loss. I once had a college English test that asked me to tell who my favorite writer was and why. I put down Doug. My professor had never heard of him and was NOT amused. (grump)

Did anyone notice that the show Doctor Who brought up one of Doug's characters in the first episode this season? After his sward fight (where his hand was cut off and grown back) he said, "That was very Arthur Dent of me." "He was a noble man." Then the episode went on without anymore reference.

Was that a double back flip though a flaming hoop while whistling the Star Spangled Banner?

Geoffcin
10-30-2006, 08:05 AM
Yes, I quote him often. Most people just look at me like I'm nuts. (they are right though)

Did anyone notice that the show Doctor Who brought up one of Doug's characters in the first episode this season? After his sward fight (where his hand was cut off and grown back) he said, "That was very Arthur Dent of me." "He was a noble man." Then the episode went on without anymore reference.

Was that a double back flip though a flaming hoop while whistling the Star Spangled Banner?

Considering he wrote several Dr Who episodes it makes sense.

There's a good bio in Wikipedia on him;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Adams

GMichael
10-30-2006, 08:56 AM
Considering he wrote several Dr Who episodes it makes sense.

There's a good bio in Wikipedia on him;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Adams

Thanks for the link. It will take me a while to get through it all.

Dusty Chalk
10-30-2006, 10:25 AM
My favourite story is the one in which he tells his inspiration for starting writing Hitchhiker. A fraction of that story is on the wikipedia page (but alas, not the punchline).