The Frank and Walters "A Renewed Interest In Happiness" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Frank and Walters "A Renewed Interest In Happiness"

Jim Clark
10-15-2006, 08:27 AM
I know I'm not the only one fond of the Frank and Walters and according to at least one source, there's a new album due out at the end of October! In honour of the band (and their native spelling of the word) I'm listening to "Beauty Becomes More Than Life" right now. Got a bootleg of a 2006 show that:
1. ought to give me a decent preview of the new tracks
2. will be finished downloading in about 23 minutes!

Other than that I listened to an uncompressed stream of a KEXP members only show of Joseph Arthur doing the new album, sounds pretty good too. Also got a hold of the Black Sessions (France) gig featuring the new Sparklehorse. It's never going to rank as highly with me as say....Davey, but there's some good tracks to listen to and at least one will make the 2006 Live Edition of my YEC.

Not bad considering I've already been to Church and out for breakfast and it's only 11:30. Now back to sorting out the piles of CDs that I've got laying around every where.

jc

Mike
10-16-2006, 01:07 AM
I'm listening to "Beauty Becomes More Than Life" right now.

I've only got one Frank and Walters album and it's that one, thanks for reminding me about them Jim. Great little under rated band.

Currently doing the rounds in my disc player are two goodies...

Beck - The Information, I'm liking the Beck I didn't think he had much more to offer after his last which left me pretty cold. But this one is good it nicely blends his electro beat sounds with the Sumptuousness of Mutations. I suppose that's the influence of Nigel Godrich at the helm.

Sparklehorse - Dreamt For Light Years...Liking this too some great sounds in there. I'm not always sure I always like his studio effects there's one track in particular I thought my copy was faulty at first, but I can live with them when the rest is this good.

Cheers
Mike

Stone
10-16-2006, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the info, Jim, and let us know what you think of the new tracks.