New to high end audio.. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New to high end audio..

calegrant
10-14-2006, 07:58 PM
I've always been into audio, but being 19 never had the funds to purchase very decent gear. But I saved up and got a set of B&W 601's and a Rega Brio3 integrated amp. So far I'm loving it! Even with my technics 5 disc changer I'm hearing notes that I never knew were part of my favorite songs! Only problem is, I've been bit by the vinyl bug! I listened to this set-up at the store with a rega cd player and then a $500 turn table who's brand slips my mind right now and I must say the vinyl sounds MUCH better. Most people see the pops and hiss's as faults, but I really like it!

My question is what is the availability of modern rock and hip hop on vinyl? My old favorites shouldn't be TOO difficult to find, but I also love my modern tunes too. Are most cd's released in vinyl format as well? I'd much rather get a turn table at this point than upgrade my cd player.

jrhymeammo
10-14-2006, 09:13 PM
My dear friend, place you live shouldnt be too hard to find a local vinyl shop. But finding decent hiphop can be very hard.
www.sandboxautomatic.com is my favorite web store. There are others like hiphopsite and one in Canada called BeatStreet. http://www.beatstreet.ca/Whats great about hiphop on vinyl is that you can get 12 inches before albums come out.
Sandbox is really nice cuz you get so much promo most of the time, but those are usually saved for new releases. I cant comment on Rock cuz I'm blessed with local vinyl shops

-JRA

jrhymeammo
10-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Turntable Lab is also good. http://www.turntablelab.com/

stuwee20
10-24-2006, 08:58 PM
You are halfway there!!, LP's are being released on just about every kind of music lately, if I can get new releases on LP here in the outbacks of southern AZ for God's sakes you should be fine in BC Canada, I used to be a DJ for friends party's there are several sites to sign up for the program, It's gonna cost you some $ but. if you want that type of music , it's out there PM me for info.

Peace keep spinnin' Craig