sansui turntable help [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : sansui turntable help

oweng
10-14-2006, 02:06 PM
I found this excelant condition P-E370 sansui turntable. The only problem is that i don't know how many volts\ampers should I use to make it work.

can someone help me out here?

tin ear
10-14-2006, 03:35 PM
It doesn't have a power cord?

If it does, then plug it into the wall outlet. If the plug doesn't fit your wall outlet, then you may have a problem. If it does fit, then you're good.

oweng
10-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Do you take me for an idiot or something? :mad:

Don't you think that if it had a power cord that could be stuck into a wall socket i would have known what to do with it?!

I asked if anybody knows the volts and ampers that it uses because it DOESN'T have a power cord or any other indication on it......:rolleyes:

jrhymeammo
10-15-2006, 12:50 PM
okay, take it easy there... Stay rationale and represent yourself to look more easier to work with. You might get some help that way.

tin ear
10-15-2006, 01:37 PM
nevermind -- I don't understand the question

tin ear
10-15-2006, 01:56 PM
deleted

oweng
10-15-2006, 02:07 PM
sorry about blowing up before...it has been a long day.

As I've said before
I found this excelant condition P-E370 sansui turntable. so I dont know how much power to connect to it (24v,12V,46v etc').

tin ear
10-15-2006, 03:03 PM
sigh I gotta find something else to do on cruddy-weather weekends

SlumpBuster
10-18-2006, 05:42 AM
God I love the internet! How do people like this function on a daily basis. No seriously, how to they buy houses, rent apartment, buy gas, pay taxes, figure out ATMs?

This guy states he found a turntable in "excellant condition" but you are the jerk for asking if it's got a power cord. Hey, Oweng, excellant condition suggests that it has a power cord! What a goofball.

BTW, I'd hook it up to a car battery.

SlumpBuster
10-18-2006, 05:44 AM
Do you take me for an idiot or something? :mad:

Umm, do you really want an answer to this?

tin ear
10-18-2006, 04:08 PM
I hear ya, Slump. I thought I'd go ahead and try to help anyway, as everyone is ignorant about something, and everyone has a bad day, etc. But there was no way to tell what he was talking about, so I had to guess. I later decided heck with it (my deleted posts). You want a decent answer, ask a decent question.

But you're right -- I wonder how some people function. I see it all the time. Kindness prevents me from saying what I call that syndrome.

Anyway, I got a decent sig out of the deal.

-jon

tin ear
10-18-2006, 04:11 PM
BTW, I'd hook it up to a car battery. Wrong-o, Slump. You hook it up to your clothes-dryer circuit. I thought you knew that. :ciappa:

Z3R0N1N3
07-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Hello. I hope you don't mind but I'll do my best to ask a similar question about the same product without annoying anyone...

I have recently received a Sansui automatic turntable, model number P-E370, yet it does not have a power plug for the mains and only has a lead that was intended to be plugged into a sansui hifi system DR-E370. Would anyone know what voltage I'd need to use for this turntable to work without it blowing up, assuming it would work using a voltage adapter?
Thankyou for any suggestions or feedback, hoping this topic is not cursed.

02audionoob
07-31-2013, 04:34 PM
From what little I could find about these systems, I'd guess it's 15v AC.

Z3R0N1N3
08-02-2013, 02:01 PM
From what little I could find about these systems, I'd guess it's 15v AC.

Thankyou for your reply. I'll let you know if it works.

JoeE SP9
08-06-2013, 06:20 PM
If that TT only has one place to connect everything then you'll need to find out which wires carry the signal and differentiate them from the wires that actually power the TT. In order to do this you may have to partially or fully disassemble the TT then trace the wires. If you don't feel competent doing this perhaps buying a "decent" stand alone TT may be a better option.