Going to see Bill Frisell .... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Going to see Bill Frisell ....

Swish
10-14-2006, 05:58 AM
.... with Jack DeJohnette and Jerome Harris tonight in Philly at the World Cafe. It's a marvelous venue, intimate in size, where you can relax at a table and have a nice meal along with seeing the show. I haven't listened to Bill for a long time although I have two of his cds, Good Dog, Happy Man, and Nashville. I like him just fine, although I need to be in the mood for his mellow, understated guitar-based jazz, because that's about all he does. Jack is an icon in the jazz world, with a long resume and having played with plenty his drum kit with a ton of monsters in his career (Chick Corea, Miles Davis, Pat Methany, McCoy Tyner, Keith Jarrett, Michael Brecker). The list goes on and on.

Anybody else doing anything special this weekend?

Swish

Hyfi
10-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Hey, enjoy the show Swish. It sounds like it should be a good one.

Nothing too speacial, family coming for a last BBQ of the season and to see pics from our trip to UK and Norway.

Hyfi

ForeverAutumn
10-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Nothing really special on for this weekend. My curling league starts tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that.

Hem is playing in town on Monday night, so Barry and I have been discussing whether we want to go. Well...we want to go. The question is whether we want to go to a club where Hem likely won't hit the stage until 11:30 and then have to go work on Tuesday. We're just not as young and resiliant as we used to be.

Have fun at the show.

bobsticks
10-15-2006, 08:53 AM
Hey Swish,

How was the show? We have a relatively new venue called the Music Mill that sounds alot like the World Cafe with the dining experience to go with the live music. Haven't made it yet (maybe Pat D. has?) so no comment on that front, but I would imagine Frisell and co. blew the roof off...

Cheers