Loss of Blue colour on LG DLP DVD signal [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Blue colour on LG DLP DVD signal

Baytown
10-14-2006, 04:08 AM
Hi everyone.
I recently purchased an LG DLP 62 inch 62SX4D Rear Projection TV.
While whatching Dvd (via a new Panasonic DVD VHS player ES-RDM35V) we have started loosing the blue colour signal , leaving washed out grey for sky etc, and a primarily red and green picture. TV and satelite is fine.
The DVD is conected up to the COMP1 input, and I then changed to COMP 2 with the same effect. The blue colour fades away after a random amount of time, and some times comes back, some times not. I conected the DVD player to our other TV, and no issues, so I believe its the new DLP unit at fault. Problem replicated with any DVD disc
Any suggestions re the problem / fix?
We live in the bush, 80kms away from the nearest service buisness, so was just interested as to what the cause may be, before trying to get it fixed under warrenty.
Thanks for any assistance with this really disapointing issue (my first LG anything!)

Best wishes.

Ken :(

edtyct
10-14-2006, 06:15 AM
Try another cable for the Cb (blue) feed. If you don't have another dedicated video cable, a digital audio one will do, or even a regular audio one if that's all you have for now. Hopefully, that will make blue more stable. If you don't have any spare cables (even the doinky ones that came with your player), exchange the Cr (red) cable with the Cb one. If the red shades disappear, you know what the problem was.

Baytown
10-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Thanks for that informed reply.
Now that you mention the cables, we did notice at some time that when the DVD player was moved (microns!) that the colour did restore. I wonder if I have a break in my expensive dedicated cables, or that the fit at the terminal at the DVD end is not perfect?
I'll do as you suggest, and let you know if it improves things.
Thanks again for the assistance, and best wishes from tropical Northern Australia.

Ken.

Baytown
10-14-2006, 02:40 PM
I think that I've found the cable to be at fault (not sure if it's a snug fit on the AV jack). I've connected a gold terminal S Video cable in the interim, to AV2 input on the TV. Colour has been stable since with this set up.
Just ordered some new gold terminal RCA cables for the RGB inputs. EBay is so much cheaper than retail for cables!
I'll get back once the cables arrive and advise if that fixed the issue. Thanks again for the advice.
Best wishes.

Ken.
:)