Hello [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

fresh954
10-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey all Im new to the forums and I hope to learn alot about both home stereo and home theater. So far Ive found this site to be very helpful on both topics :ciappa:

JoeE SP9
10-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Welcome aboard. I not the official greeter but we all do what we can.:prrr:

Worf101
10-13-2006, 03:41 AM
Welcome to our little corner of the world. Hope you have a good time, learn and contribute (that's right we might have something to learn from you) post often...

Da Worfster

bobsticks
10-13-2006, 05:59 AM
...showin' us yer rear on the first post, ballsy! Welcome to the forums, hope the stay is long and happy.

Hey, I have a buddy that just got the exact speaker set-up that you have and is receiver shopping. For HT purposes, do you find the Pioneer to be adequate ?

basite
10-13-2006, 09:29 AM
well, hello to you too...
hope you learn alot.

kexodusc
10-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Hey all Im new to the forums and I hope to learn alot about both home stereo and home theater. So far Ive found this site to be very helpful on both topics :ciappa:

Hey Fresh954,

Welcome aboard...not many Klipsch owners here these days, I'm sure your input will be appreciated.

topspeed
10-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Welcome!

Don't forget, AR rules dictate all newbies have to bring the beer.

Seriously. Check for yourself.

fresh954
10-13-2006, 03:47 PM
...showin' us yer rear on the first post, ballsy! Welcome to the forums, hope the stay is long and happy.

Hey, I have a buddy that just got the exact speaker set-up that you have and is receiver shopping. For HT purposes, do you find the Pioneer to be adequate ?

hey bobsticks, its funny because when I was listing my components in my signature I knew someone was going to ask me about that pioneer reciever.The speakers sound great from the Pioneer reciever but I fully intend on going with seperates in the near future....its just that minor obstacle of money thats holding me back:ihih:

Thanks for the welcome all :cornut:

stuwee20
10-17-2006, 04:38 PM
fresh954, welcome I don't get the 5. 6. 7. HT stuff, doesn't sound right to me. I'll take a nice vintage Marantz pre to a nice SS Amp with the speakers that can handle the sound stage thrown at 'um any day. You can not escape the sound of a fine 2 channel reproducing the sound rightly!! Sound effects are just that, Now I'll agree that new recordings are meant to be played back that way or they don't sound right, kinda' like playin' the wrong dolby version of whatever??!! I've had friends come over and listen to my Marantz 2270 pre outed to a SAE amp to the DCM's and I paid $500 for this set up, they paid $3000.00 for their's.

Wonder why they keep comin' over with movies to see?? They all say the same thing, this is the T*@ts, maybe I'm just used to the full frontal assualt, works for me an my buddys, cheaper also!!

tin ear
10-17-2006, 05:25 PM
this is the T*@ts... full frontal assualt
heh heh :D

audio_dude
10-18-2006, 01:09 PM
welcome, welcome!!!

i've been here almost a year, and i've learned almost more than my brain can hold!!

now I'M the one dishing out the advice! maybe i should have a look at some of my original post...on second though, maybe not...

oh ya, here, we'll strap you into a chair and shovel knowledge into that tiny cranium!!

fresh954
10-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Awesome Ill look forward to it:)

GMichael
10-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Hey fresh954. What's shakin'? Welcome to our AR family. It's always great to see new members.:18:
Uhm, where's the beer?:incazzato:

fresh954
10-20-2006, 11:36 AM
hey thanks for the welcome. Im not going be able to buy a 6pack for a while:(

Resident Loser
10-20-2006, 12:08 PM

...either you're in the slammer or you're under age...Since I doubt there's much room for a stereo at the old graybar, I'll assume the latter.

jimHJJ(...TTFN...)

JohnMichael
10-20-2006, 12:10 PM

Oh how you misjudge us. Only a six pack? Of course Welcome to AudioReview.

SlumpBuster
10-20-2006, 12:33 PM
...either you're in the slammer or you're under age...Since I doubt there's much room for a stereo at the old graybar, I'll assume the latter.

jimHJJ(...TTFN...)

Ahhh... It could also be probation or parole with a no alcohol requirement and daily piss drops. Are there any dry counties left? It could be that? So, which is it? :ciappa:

"Old graybar" heehee. :D

GMichael
10-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Ahhh... It could also be probation or parole with a no alcohol requirement and daily piss drops. Are there any dry counties left? It could be that? So, which is it? :ciappa:

"Old graybar" heehee. :D

Here I was thinking that he was just out of cash after his upgrade.