What do you guys think? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

Cole_Guitar
02-06-2004, 08:41 PM
I just got done reading another post about a company called Streem. They seem very nice, but I was interested in some Fluance speakers. I decided that I would build my system instead of buying one whole package. I got a chance to listen to the Polk Audio RTi8 yesterday and loved them, had great low frequencies and high frequencies. So these are what I would like my speakers to sound like. Between these two speakers which one do you think would be like them the Fluance SV-10s or the Streem FS-808s. The Fluance has a 1" tweeter, two 5" midrange, and one 8" side-firing woofer. The Streem has a 1" tweeter, one 5.25" midrange, and two 8" woofers. Both are 3 way speakers. I like bass, but I also like to hear the highs and mids. Which do you guys think would be the best for me. I have a room about 20' x 15'. Would be connected to the Yamaha HTR-5660 with a Playstation 2 driving the theatrical and musical sides to the system.

Do you think the two 8" woofers and one 5.25" mid would produce good sound for movies and music (especially vocals), or do you think that two 5" mids and one 8" woofer would be better for movies and music? I listen to music 50% of the time and the other 50% is movies. I appreciate the input.

The Polk Audio RTi8 has one 1" tweeter and two 6.25" woofer/midrange. These have the sound I want.

~Cole

F1
02-06-2004, 09:53 PM
If you like RTi8 the chance is you like bookshelf RTi4. Buy less expensive RTi4 and save for a good subwoofer like Hsu VTF-2. Imo, midrange in RTi4 should be better than RTi8 and subwoofer will go deeper than RTi8. This will serve you better for both movie and music. No guessing game with other brand.