HD Cable Bandwidth [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HD Cable Bandwidth

ericl
10-11-2006, 10:24 AM
My comcast cable service in SF has been pretty bad lately. It's cutting out all the time, esepecially with HD content, and even WORSE with HD on demand content. It seems to be a bandwidth issue, as if there's simply too much being pushed down the 'pipe' It's deifnitely worse during peak hours. I'm not sure, but it seems to have coincided with an increase in free HD on demand content.

I know there's not much I can do about it besides whine to comcast, but I just wanted to vent. It's pretty frustrating as I've got this great TV and a good amount of content, but it's nearly unwatchable because the signal is constantly dropping out!

How is your HD service?

edtyct
10-11-2006, 11:29 AM
My Comcast service is generally pretty good, but the fact that almost none of the on-demand material is either widescreen or HD probably helps. Plus, a couple of new HD channels recently came on board. All in all, I can't complain, even if mostly because I don't watch that much TV, though I'd probably watch more if Comcast provided PPV or free widescreen HD films. But then again, that might impair what we already have.