Prose Edda 3 Writeup.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Prose Edda 3 Writeup....

poneal
10-10-2006, 07:13 AM
I spent last night chatting with Nick and finishing up the writeup. These will going to the DIY Iowa event on October 28th. This section of the board keeps getting deaded and deader so maybe this will perk it up a bit :). Afterall, if you don't use it you loose it! You guys and gals take care and enjoy another freebie design by me.

Paul

Picture: http://home.stx.rr.com/poneal/writeuppikc.jpg
Writeup: http://home.stx.rr.com/poneal/pdfs/NickClaus.pdf

JoeE SP9
10-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the latest project. I'm thinking of building them for my bedroom. As the owner of full range ESL's speaker projects really aren't that important to me. Is there anyone out there with some electronics projects, maybe a 200WPC SS amp or a decent (non minimilist) preamp? I don't care about tone controls but want a HT bypass mode.:cool:

poneal
10-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the latest project. I'm thinking of building them for my bedroom. As the owner of full range ESL's speaker projects really aren't that important to me. Is there anyone out there with some electronics projects, maybe a 200WPC SS amp or a decent (non minimilist) preamp? I don't care about tone controls but want a HT bypass mode.:cool:

I think this is a bit overkill for a bedroom unless you have a really large one. They fill my 25x25 living room with sound very easily. I had to turn down the volume during testing in my bedroom as to avert hearing damage. Afterall, our ears are very important. If you live near Iowa come on up on the 28th to give them a listen in Des Moines. We have about 40 people attending so far this year. It will be in a 2000 sq. ft. room. I think these speakers will fill that room with sound with not to much of a problem at least to 85db at 20ft away. Let me know what you think if you build them.

Paul

poneal
10-31-2006, 07:50 AM
I just thought I would let everyone know that I placed 3rd at the Iowa DIY event held on Saturday. All speakers sounded very good--no bad speakers in the bunch. I won a copy of Sound Easy which is over $200 if you buy it. CurtC came in 1st, WayneW came in 2nd, and I 3rd. We were competing against speakers from Jon Marsh, Dennis Murphy, etc. I was overjoyed to say the least.

Paul