Why is this forum so worthless? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Why is this forum so worthless?

DoneThat
10-10-2006, 07:04 AM
So, I created two separate requests to find a replacament receiver for my Nikko NR-1219.
All I got out of that were two fairly worthless responses. I am logging off this site and never coming back. Good luck with whatever you guys do here but it does nothing for me.

markw
10-10-2006, 07:09 AM
So, I created two separate requests to find a replacament receiver for my Nikko NR-1219.
All I got out of that were two fairly worthless responses. I am logging off this site and never coming back. Good luck with whatever you guys do here but it does nothing for me.You should consider yourself lucky that anyone responded at all, particularly after you threw in that "dual voice coil, near zero ohm impedance" crap. After all, this is a volunteer community

GMichael
10-10-2006, 07:32 AM
I am logging off this site and never coming back.

Why does it show that you are still on line?

basite
10-10-2006, 07:36 AM
for me (and alot of other people) this forum was a god's gift (somekind of) and as far as i know, everybody helped my out of problems so, i don't think this forum is worthless at all,

**** man, GMichael, now you aren't just an elitest jerk member anymore, change it to "worthless forum elitest jerk member" yeah, that should do it.

emaidel
10-10-2006, 07:37 AM
[QUOTE=DoneThat]
All I got out of that were two fairly worthless responses. I am logging off this site and never coming back.

After reading the above comment, I checked out your various posts and think you've got a helluva nerve making such a statement. The advice you received from several members here was more than sufficient, and all seemed truly determined to help you in providing legimate advice insofar as answering your questions.

Your lack of knowledge of audio equipment is glaringly obvious, but to vent your frustration out on those who don't deserve it isn't justified. If you do log "off this site and [don't ever] come back," you surely won't be missed.

GMichael
10-10-2006, 07:39 AM
for me (and alot of other people) this forum was a god's gift (somekind of) and as far as i know, everybody helped my out of problems so, i don't think this forum is worthless at all,

**** man, GMichael, now you aren't just an elitest jerk member anymore, change it to "worthless forum elitest jerk member" yeah, that should do it.

I don't think that will fit. But I'll try.

markw
10-10-2006, 07:48 AM
IMNSHO, he's just pissed because he didn't like some of the answers he received. Granted, they were all good answers (in many cases the only ones possible) for the questions asked, but just not what he wanted to hear.

So, I guess that rates a hissy fit. I guess he has a bumper sticker that reads "Ignorant, and damn proud of it!"

P.S... I also changed my title to something more fitting.

topspeed
10-10-2006, 08:38 AM
Forgot your meds again, eh?

I read both of those threads and the responses you received were well measured and spot-on. If you are unable to understand the posts, simply say so. We all started at ground zero at one time. Your inability to comprehend terms within the posts is likely valid, but it's also not the fault of the respondents.

Considering this thread, I'd say you're better off on another site. Perhaps this site ( http://crybabyemokids.com/forum/login.php?redirect=viewtopic.php&t=1612&sid=1e9d2f532408238ff296b580eec47c89) would be a better fit.

emaidel
10-10-2006, 09:31 AM

Considering this thread, I'd say you're better off on another site. Perhaps this site ( http://crybabyemokids.com/forum/login.php?redirect=viewtopic.php&t=1612&sid=1e9d2f532408238ff296b580eec47c89) would be a better fit.

Absolutely brilliant resonse!

Woochifer
10-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Posts like yours and inquiries about obscure audio companies certainly don't make this forum more worthwhile. In this case, I think we'll consider your exit an addition by subtraction, so thanks for improving the board by getting the f*** outta here!

Grandpaw
10-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Posts like yours and inquiries about obscure audio companies certainly don't make this forum more worthwhile. In this case, I think we'll consider your exit an addition by subtraction, so thanks for improving the board by getting the f*** outta here!

Wooch, I personally think you need to express yourself more clearly and not beat around the bush!!! Just say what you really think, Jeff LMAO

KaiWinters
10-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Buh Bye !

LOL I guess he thinks we have nothing else to do but sit at our comps just waiting for the opportunity to research some obscure piece of equiptment.
He must be so busy doing super important things to make the world a better place that he has no time to do his own freakin' research then ask intelligent questions based on his research.

Is he gone yet? I already miss him. Sheesh quite a lameoid.

jrhymeammo
10-10-2006, 08:06 PM
I have to apologize to you guys, and mostly importantly to that guy.
I think I insulted him cuz I suggested him that he may want to consider getting a hybrid receiver. I'm sorry.....

I dont mind doing a research for people as long as it doesnt take no more than 5 minutes while I might learn something.
"Why is this forum so worthless?"
I think the problem is that newbies dont know how to search for old and basic topics. It's not easy to do at times so i can understand a bit. I have trouble searching for info alot of times. But some topics get old real fast.

I swear I see these topics at least once a week

What's the best CD player for under $300, then on the next day someone will post an exact godamn thread with $295 budget. I think people think that we are hold out on good info/experience. They think hey, I'm a great person so maybe someone will help me more over others.
Here is the one that kills me. "Coax or Optical?" I'm not mad for newbs posting fundamental questions, since alot of use still ask basic questions but, again, newbies need to use the search option.
And my biggest problem is that newbs dont know that this site has equipment reviews!!!! We have reviews of tons and tons of items. Don't we? What is the primary purpose of this site? :idea:
Also, alot of members expect you to know their every minor detail and equipment lists. Listing your equipments under your signature will speed up the process. I kinda hate going thru their personal profile to give more suitable advice.
BTW to newbies, dont be afraid to ask fundamental/advanced questions. We are here to learn, arent we?

-JRA

basite
10-11-2006, 04:40 AM
Also, alot of members expect you to know their every minor detail and equipment lists. Listing your equipments under your signature will speed up the process. I kinda hate going thru their personal profile to give more suitable advice.
-JRA

ok, done,
problem, we fill in the personal profile, alot of the newbies don't, please dear newbies, fill it in, or add your equipment to your signature, it will help us alot.

SlumpBuster
10-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Clearly this guy still had a hard on for crap he bought thirty years ago and was pissed off that people didn't think his junk was the sh!t. "Ooooo, you got a thirty year old Nikko and JBLs that have been completely gutted! Your so bad azz. How clever of you to rearrange the deck chairs on your audio Titanic."

Guys like this are why I have trouble haunting some of the more vintage oriented sites. For the record, I love vintage. I love vinyl. I listen mostly to vinyl at home. I have an old 1973 quad system. I have eight tracks. I regularly listen to cassettes. I love the engineering and design of old Japanese electronics. But, none of my vintage equipment is even in the same league as my modern AV stuff. Any guy who trys to convince you that his 1975 Sansui receiver and big Sansuie 15inch wooferes sounds as good as pair of Paradigm Studio 20s driven by a Music Hall integrated and CD player is just fooling themselves. Sorry, but someone had to say it.

This guy just didn't like hearing that sentiment in the responses he got.

SlumpBuster
10-11-2006, 12:20 PM
I have to apologize to you guys, and mostly importantly to that guy.
I think I insulted him cuz I suggested him that he may want to consider getting a hybrid receiver. I'm sorry.....

-JRA

No, that was a good suggestion. You suggested a good product from a respected manufacturer. How dare you, sir! :ihih:

jrhymeammo
10-11-2006, 12:25 PM
. How clever of you to rearrange the deck chairs on your audio Titanic."

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think he's gonna take you seriously since you listen to black discs introduced back in 1948.

thepogue
10-11-2006, 01:27 PM
to those having no worth....:idea:

or to those having no internet access...:ciappa:

gotta love 'em

Pogue

Dusty Chalk
10-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Why is this forum so worthless?Because we can't actually buy each other drinks?

thepogue
10-11-2006, 06:42 PM
:idea: ....time fer a drink!!

Pogue

jrhymeammo
10-11-2006, 06:47 PM
This forum is worthless because we would only engage when we are insulted.
Wait, that affects all of us dude.

drseid
10-12-2006, 01:46 AM
All I got out of that were two fairly worthless responses. I am logging off this site and never coming back. Good luck with whatever you guys do here but it does nothing for me.

Thanks for the feedback and best wishes. ;-) See ya ol' boy...

---Dave

basite
10-12-2006, 06:24 AM
Because we can't actually buy each other drinks?

well, technically seen, we can, only thing is we have to send them by airmail and then they're completely wasted, and then we'll all be broke soon,
oh wait, we're broke already. :cornut:

good idea tough, i think the mods should add somekind of a chatbox or a virtual bar to this site so we don't have to open A BLOODY TOPIC JUST TO SAY YOU FEEL BAD TODAY
(that last part was to Donethat who seems no longer online now)

basite
10-12-2006, 06:27 AM
ah, that felt good to say that, too bad these kind of threads are just to fill things in.

JoeE SP9
10-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Clearly this guy still had a hard on for crap he bought thirty years ago and was pissed off that people didn't think his junk was the sh!t. "Ooooo, you got a thirty year old Nikko and JBLs that have been completely gutted! Your so bad azz. How clever of you to rearrange the deck chairs on your audio Titanic."

Guys like this are why I have trouble haunting some of the more vintage oriented sites. For the record, I love vintage. I love vinyl. I listen mostly to vinyl at home. I have an old 1973 quad system. I have eight tracks. I regularly listen to cassettes. I love the engineering and design of old Japanese electronics. But, none of my vintage equipment is even in the same league as my modern AV stuff. Any guy who trys to convince you that his 1975 Sansui receiver and big Sansuie 15inch wooferes sounds as good as pair of Paradigm Studio 20s driven by a Music Hall integrated and CD player is just fooling themselves. Sorry, but someone had to say it.

This guy just didn't like hearing that sentiment in the responses he got.

I completely agree with you. Just don't go to www.audiokarma.org (http://www.audiokarma.org) and say things like that. That's a whole site devoted to people who think old Pioneer receivers and HPM100 speakers are the ultimate pieces of audio gear. They would burn you at the stake for spouting such heresy. Even worse, they may condemn you to an eternity of listening to that outdated "gear". :ihih:

JoeE SP9
10-12-2006, 07:10 AM
well, technically seen, we can, only thing is we have to send them by airmail and then they're completely wasted, and then we'll all be broke soon,
oh wait, we're broke already. :cornut:

good idea tough, i think the mods should add somekind of a chatbox or a virtual bar to this site so we don't have to open A BLOODY TOPIC JUST TO SAY YOU FEEL BAD TODAY
(that last part was to Donethat who seems no longer online now)
Anyone, feel free to send me a drink. I drink Chimay Grand Reserve or various samples of Moet. Just pack them well and send by UPS!:ihih:

shokhead
10-12-2006, 07:42 AM

Kinda like that thing between your legs,does nothing for you.:17:

ericl
10-12-2006, 08:22 AM
I drink Chimay Grand Reserve Ooh.. good stuff! I just found out that a bar near my neighborhood is now serving it on tap! thanks for reminding me, i have to go check it out!

Dusty Chalk
10-12-2006, 09:56 AM
well, technically seen, we can, only thing is we have to send them by airmail and then they're completely wasted...Actually, you're not supposed to send perishables that way, just FYI.
good idea tough, i think the mods should add somekind of a chatbox or a virtual bar...Actually, that was in reference to the days when the off topic forum was basically a virtual chat bar. Pogue knows, as he was one of the "proprietors".

basite
10-14-2006, 01:41 PM
For some unknown reason, Donethat couldn't resist coming back (since he's online right now), i wonder what he thinks when he reads this thread...

Dusty Chalk
10-14-2006, 02:08 PM
For some unknown reason, Donethat couldn't resist coming back (since he's online right now), i wonder what he thinks when he reads this thread..."I'm thirsty"?

tin ear
10-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basite
For some unknown reason, Donethat couldn't resist coming back (since he's online right now), i wonder what he thinks when he reads this thread...

"I'm thirsty"?
ROFLMAO!! :D

shokhead
10-14-2006, 04:02 PM

Well if i were him i'd be thinking to myself; what kind of a @^#&^ *&^#% i must be. I dont blame them for thinking i'm a %##&#* ((#^#$% at all. If fact i think i'm a bigger $#^#& (&&^#% then they think i am. Well i should just go &##^$ **##&^ to myself. In fact i think i will.:cornut:

jrhymeammo
10-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Well if i were him i'd be thinking to myself; what kind of a @^#&^ *&^#% i must be. I dont blame them for thinking i'm a %##&#* ((#^#$% at all. If fact i think i'm a bigger $#^#& (&&^#% then they think i am. Well i should just go &##^$ **##&^ to myself. In fact i think i will.:cornut:

He might be lurking around under a different name. Dont think he/she would be mentioning Nikkon.

BTW, I tried clicking on your avator, but couldnt make it bigger...:nonod:

-JRA

tin ear
10-14-2006, 06:15 PM
You too, huh?

markw
10-14-2006, 06:33 PM
For some unknown reason, Donethat couldn't resist coming back (since he's online right now), i wonder what he thinks when he reads this thread...II've got some more questions but don't have the nerve to ask after showing then what an ungrateful f**k I am. I'd better come up with a new moniker."

But, ya know what? When people try to reinvent themselves witha new moniker, the real A-hole person always surfaces in a short amount of time. Ask TLADINY or Lexmark3200 and a few others.

jrhymeammo
10-14-2006, 06:50 PM
and a few others.

Very true, very very true.

Dusty Chalk
10-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Why does one need to change one's moniker to reinvent one's self? People think I'm an @$$4073, I don't care.

Also:

ungrateful lout;
elitist jerk;
stupid newbie;
dumb guy who likes to make lists;

...I'm sure I'm forgetting some...
Well if i were him i'd be thinking to myself; what kind of a @^#&^ *&^#% i must be. I dont blame them for thinking i'm a %##&#* ((#^#$% at all. If fact i think i'm a bigger $#^#& (&&^#% then they think i am. Well i should just go &##^$ **##&^ to myself. In fact i think i will.:cornut:Babelfish didn't know quite what to make of this.

shokhead
10-15-2006, 06:18 AM
He might be lurking around under a different name. Dont think he/she would be mentioning Nikkon.

-JRA

Sorry,it only makes you bigger. LOL:o

Fergymunster
10-15-2006, 07:02 AM
That's it,Santa isn't bringing him presents this year.

emorphien
10-15-2006, 07:44 AM
You seem impossible to please.

bobsticks
10-15-2006, 09:01 AM
...this threads still going on? I didn't know we were still wallowing in our ambivalent worthlessness. Just to prove that everyone isn't cold and callous--Dusty, there's a UPS package headed your way with my round of beverages. It's your favorite, a six-pack of Yoohoo...

Cheers

trollgirl
11-05-2006, 05:13 PM
...could arrange to have Done That choppered to Caribou, Maine to get some really good advice from you-know-who. What exactly happens when you fly into a town which does not exist? Must be like a scene in "The Langoliers".

Heck, I never ask about what gear to buy, I just go to eBay, it's cheaper than any of your reccomendations. Or, the other day at DAV, I picked up a Kenwood preamp for $13 which sounded better than my Music Reference unit. Solid state! Graphic equalizer!!Video inputs!!! What am I coming to??!

Laz

KaiWinters
11-05-2006, 08:52 PM
This thread is still active? lol