Marantz Multi Speaker Out question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Marantz Multi Speaker Out question

morphis
10-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Hello All,

I have just recently started buying components to setup audio through out my house. I started with the Marantz SR7001. I set this up in my living room as a 5.1 surround sound system and sent the multi speaker out to a pair of Niles OS 7.5's on my back deck. I plan to purchase a Marantz PM 7001 AMP in the near future to run the other rooms in my house.

here is my question though. I can watch TV/Cable or a DVD in the living room in 5.1 (both of these components are hooked up with an optical cable for sound) and using the Multi speaker option on the receiver I can listen to my CD Player (hooked up with RCA cables) on the back deck. But, I can't get audio from the DVD player or the TV/Cable to run through the speakers on the back deck. Maybe not hugely important for the DVD player but there are several music channels on the TV/cable that I would like to be able to pipe outside. And I could see a situation where I might have already been listening to music in the house on the CD player and the wife might want to toss a CD into the DVD player to listen to on the back deck. I am able to set both the living room and back deck to play from the same source if I choose the CD player..

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

N. Abstentia
10-08-2006, 09:21 AM
You have to run analog cables (regular old RCA cables) for anything you want to play in Zone 2 since it's analog only. Just hook up the analog cables and you're good to go. Zone 2 will automatically get the analog signal and it won't affect anything you do with the optical cables.

morphis
10-08-2006, 09:23 AM
You have to run analog cables (regular old RCA cables) for anything you want to play in Zone 2 since it's analog only. Just hook up the analog cables and you're good to go. Zone 2 will automatically get the analog signal and it won't affect anything you do with the optical cables.

Thanks! I will give that a try.