'Tis better to have loved Lost than never to have loved at all.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 'Tis better to have loved Lost than never to have loved at all....

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kam
10-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Season III
:) let it begin.

Kam
10-04-2006, 06:16 PM
wow, is this the fastest freakin' show! i feel like i blink and its another commercial break!!!
ok.... trying to absorb it all but... what in the?????
Hydra station... ben... what'd they do to kate...? another plant opposite sawyer in the cage?

oh, btw... the eye dilation shot! 3 seasons in a row. :)

ForeverAutumn
10-04-2006, 06:20 PM
LOL! Nice job on the title Kam. :thumbsup:

Alright Gents. I'll kick off the S3 discussion by saying...

WTF?!!!!!

Who would have thought that The Others would be so civilized? Houses? Gardens? Freakin' book clubs? Where do they get the books from? I wonder what Amazon charges for shipping to deserted islands in the South Pacific???

And we now know that Fake Henry's real name is Ben! Ben? I don't know what I was expecting, but Ben just seems so simple. Ben. Hmmm. In my heart of hearts he'll always be Henry to me.

And what's with FH/Ben leaving Juliet to drown. Oh, I think that she's going to get him back for that one. Maybe help Jack escape just to piss him off...or is that too predictable?

And, finally, what are they going to do to Kate for the next two weeks that'll be so unpleasant? :confused5:

All in all, a good episode. It started with a great WTF moment. I got chills when "Ben" walked out of his house. Then you see the plane overhead, then there was a brief moment of confusion before it all fell into place. Nicely done.

Edit: I was just reading one of the other Lost boards, and they've dubbed Fake Henry as Benry. I like it.

ForeverAutumn
10-04-2006, 06:38 PM
So here's a couple of other theories already flying around the 'net...

1. Benry and Juliet are ex-husband/wife or ex-lovers. A comment was made during the book club that the host always picks the book, but in her case she didn't pick the book. Then Benry makes a comment that "I guess, I'm not part of the book club anymore" or something like that. So, put two and two together and Benry picked the book, but Juliet is hosting. Plus the dynamic between them...he closed the door on her as water was flooding into the room. And the look of disgust she gives him at the end and his return look.

2. Jack is being kept separated from Kate and Sawyer because they want Jack to join the Others. He's a scientist. He could help them with their research. Also, he's lost his father and his wife, so he's in a vulnerable state of mind. People are easily coerced when they are feeling so alone.

New theories already. Let the games begin!

Kam
10-04-2006, 06:49 PM
So here's a couple of other theories already flying around the 'net...

1. Benry and Juliet are ex-husband/wife or ex-lovers. A comment was made during the book club that the host always picks the book, but in her case she didn't pick the book. Then Benry makes a comment that "I guess, I'm not part of the book club anymore" or something like that. So, put two and two together and Benry picked the book, but Juliet is hosting. Plus the dynamic between them...he closed the door on her as water was flooding into the room. And the look of disgust she gives him at the end and his return look.

2. Jack is being kept separated from Kate and Sawyer because they want Jack to join the Others. He's a scientist. He could help them with their research. Also, he's lost his father and his wife, so he's in a vulnerable state of mind. People are easily coerced when they are feeling so alone.

New theories already. Let the games begin!

i thought about that, having juliet (romeo anyone?) be against benry (great name!) but it could all also be for jack's benefit. not sure if he could see there exchange, but these guys and gals are GOOD. so while they may have their own internal squabbling and a lovers tiff or whatever, they know who's side they're on. i think the only maverick in the Other's that we know of is Alex, Rousseau's kid. there may be others as well who have joined them that they dont have as great a hold of as they think (ala alex helping claire... or did she?)
searching the other boards now too!

Worf101
10-05-2006, 03:38 AM
POWER.

That's right, just as the water was flooding into the chamber there was a loud bang and the block went black. I did NOT get power back until 4:30 this morning.. Brilliant, effing, goddamn brilliant. Can someone please email me a snyopsis of what occurred after that? Thanks...

Da really really really pissed off Worfster.

ForeverAutumn
10-05-2006, 04:45 AM
POWER.

That's right, just as the water was flooding into the chamber there was a loud bang and the block went black. I did NOT get power back until 4:30 this morning.. Brilliant, effing, goddamn brilliant. Can someone please email me a snyopsis of what occurred after that? Thanks...

Jack drowned! Sawyer was put in the Polar Bear cage and was mauled to death! Kate was forced to become Benry's concubine (no wonder Juliet is so mad!).

Nah, I'm just kidding. Seriously, I'll have to watch the show again to give you a good synopsis. My short term memory sucks so I'm just not good at that sort of thing. But Kam is excellent at the job of recapping. If we're both lucky, he'll pipe in and give you hand.

Or...I think that you can watch the episode on-line at www.abc.com. I tried to check it out for you before posting here, but I got a message saying that only viewers in the United States can watch the full-length episodes. Discriminatory Rat-Bastards!

In the meantime, I have another question about last nights show. Who the heck was Karl? He was the guy in the cage across from Sawyer who unlocked the doors. Is he really another prisoner? Or is he a plant a la Ethan and Goodwin...pulling the same trick that Ana Lucia used in the hole to gain Sawyer's trust. Again, that seems too obvious.

Groundbeef
10-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Well, I have to admit that I was a little disappointed in last nights show. The opening was AWESOME. Totally blindsided both my wife and I. Who would have thunk it? But then the endless commercial breaks came, and came and came again. I half joking told my wife we were watching commercials, only to be interupted by LOST. I think that ABC is now getting their ad revenue!

The story line is interesting, and will take some time to flesh out. It seems the Others are very, very good at what ever they do. Being able to compile so much data on Jack makes me sure that they have contact outside the walls of the island. I am not sure what I think about this development; will have to see how it goes.

I did like the bit about Sawyer being in a cage, in fact all of them are in some sort of Zoo. AHHHHHHHH that is where the Polar Bears came from. Now it is not so mysterious is it? There is a zoo... Now we just have to figure out what ate the pilot in the first episodes. What kind of beast did Dharma grow ala Jurassic Park.

Incidently, in the Chicago Tribune yesterday they talked about some summer promotion that Lost did on the internet. Turns out that the #'s are somehow related to Doomsday, and that Dharma was working to stave off the extinction of man, and the numbers played a part. Wondering if anyone else has seen info on that?

Well, can't wait for next week. I just hope they cool the commercial time.

Kam
10-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Incidently, in the Chicago Tribune yesterday they talked about some summer promotion that Lost did on the internet. Turns out that the #'s are somehow related to Doomsday, and that Dharma was working to stave off the extinction of man, and the numbers played a part. Wondering if anyone else has seen info on that?

Well, can't wait for next week. I just hope they cool the commercial time.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS!!!!! ("potential" because who the hell really knows whats going on)

the numbers info was about the sequence of numbers developed by some guy named valenzetti that relates to the wallmap. a zone on the island is marked as being of "low relevance to Valenzetti-related research activity". it also shows "CV" and then the numbers which is supposed to mean "core value" and then 4815162342 is a numeric representation of the end of the world. its off of the link that FA posted on that "other" lost thread :)

a book was written about valenzetti by gary troup, the guy who wrote Bad Twin (the manuscript sawyer was reading on the beach).

also from the lost site link:
"When looking at the maps he stole from Rousseau's dugout, Sayid says, "These equations are like nothing I have ever seen before." The equations he is referring to may be related to the Valenzetti Equation. "

GMichael
10-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Is this zoo on the map that was on the ceiling?

Karl (was that his name) was a plant. He got Sawyer to give up on trying to get away. My guess is that he will turn up again later as one of the Others.

Benry doesn't seem well liked by the other Others. He's still my pick for the next to go. He strikes me as a guy who was once very well mannered but was thrust into a situation that has has made him harder, and ready to do whatever is needed to get his job done (whatever that may be). He knew Juliet wouldn't drown. But he didn't let her in on what he was doing. Pissed her off a little, but she looked like she kinda half expected him to do something like that. It's all part of his plan to get Jack to bond with her.

Kam
10-05-2006, 07:19 AM
POWER.

alrighty.... so after the water started rushing in Benry runs to the other door and closes it in Juliet's face (breakups are a bitc#!) so juliet grabs jack and they make it into another room and manage to close the door together, she tells him to push that yellow emergency button and he does, then she clocks him and either jack has a glass chin, or juliet has had some training because he drops like a rock. she drags him to the table as the water is pumped back out of that room.

(i think there was the flashback here to the AA meeting? - jack hears his dad talk to his eh on the cell phone and follows him as he leaves the hospital where he walks in on his dad at an AA meeting loses it, fights him, and knocks him down and ends up in jail where the ex bails him out. he follows her outside and sees mr. mystery man waiting for her who is.... SAYID!!!! no just kidding. its no one we've seen before. and jack asks who he is, and she said [in a great line] it doesnt matter who he is, it matters who you're not, then tells him he at least has something to fix now with his dad being an alky)

Back on the island, jack wakes up and he's back in the aquarium room and Juliet walks in with a big file of papers and she tells jack that this station is called The Hydra and that the file is everything about him, what kind of doc he is, where he went to school, his divorce, his dad, the autopsy report on his dad, what color his blanky was when he was 3 (j/k) and that they also know everything about his ex. she asks him... is there anything you want to know? and he, of course, says is she happy? juliet says yes and the tears are flowing like champ. juliet says she's gonna bring in the food now and can she trust him, and he goes and sits with his back against the wall crying like a little girl who had her doll taken from her.

juliet walks out of the room and right there is benry who says good work. she says thank you, and the two exchange a rather heated, stressed look... mysterious as always.

the trailer for next episode: focusses on sayid and jin and sun's rescue attempt and how it apparently goes awry (go figure).

:D

Resident Loser
10-05-2006, 07:24 AM
...but now (thanx to GM) am found...so I'll put this here where it belongs:

What's up...

...with the others? Thought it was some sort of flashback (in the sense of individual backstory)...where do these people think they are Club Med?

Looks like were into the rats-in-a-maze concept again...

All I know is that Fake Henry, Ben or whatever his name is, is truly deserving of soft tissue damage followed up by a regimen of Channel-locks to the digital joints...

jimHJJ(...just has that sort of face don't he?...)

topspeed
10-05-2006, 09:49 AM
so juliet grabs jack and they make it into another room and manage to close the door together, she tells him to push that yellow emergency button and he does, then she clocks him and either jack has a glass chin, or juliet has had some training because he drops like a rock.
My wife and I actually got into a, err...discussion regarding Jack's sissy-girl status. One punch?!? C'mon, man! The wife contended that he was weak from not eating or drinking. To which I reasoned that while true, he still shouldn't be knocked cold by one punch from a girl (unless that girl is Linda Hamilton from T2). This is right about when the wife said she could knock me out with one punch...to which I countered she couldn't hit water if she fell out of a boat.

It was on like Donkey Kong!

No, no. No punches thrown. But serious trash talking ensued.

I wonder if the writers had that kind of fan reaction in mind :D.

Anywho...

So what happened to Kate after breakfast with Benry? Her wrists were pretty jacked from the cuffs. Sawyer is going to dish out some payback sooner or later and I hope it's on Benry. That guy is creepy.

ForeverAutumn
10-05-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm with you guys. Jack was a total girly-man in last night's episode.

Benry may be creepy, but he's my all-time favourite character. He should have won an award for his acting in S2.

Kam
10-05-2006, 10:25 AM
to which I countered she couldn't hit water if she fell out of a boat.

this reminds me of one of my favorite sites, that chuck norris facts website which is hysterical, and one of the facts about chuck norris:

When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris.

WARNING / BEWARE: an hour or so of your life will dissapear:
http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com

Worf101
10-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Thanks all. Jack does need to take some bullnut pills. Yegads... And you're right, we all noticed a marked increase in commericals this time around. I guess we were spoiled from watching both seasons on DVD and never on commercial TV. Might go back to that if it's gonna be like this every week.

Da Worfster

ForeverAutumn
10-05-2006, 01:39 PM
I just got this off another site. If it's correct then it looks like Locke, Eko, and Desmond make it out of the hatch alive. Not that I ever really doubted that they would.

3.01 A tale of Two Cities (jack centric)
3.02 The Glass Ballerina (sun/jin centric)
3.03 Further Instructions (locke centric)
3.04 Every man for himself (desmond centric)
3.05 The Cost of living (eko centric)
3.06 ... unknown but supposed to be a huge cliffhanger

Kam
10-05-2006, 01:49 PM
now for the obsessions to start up...

any word on what the new latest book is? it was a stephen king book, but they never showed the cover, however they showed enough that i'm sure someone would be able to recognize which one it was. i am guessing its part of the Dark Tower series with the whole sci-fi reference that the disgruntled bookclub guy mentioned.
i'll see if i can find what it was... might also give us a minimum "when" time frame.

ForeverAutumn
10-06-2006, 05:27 AM
The book was Carrie. You can make it out in a couple of screen shots, here...

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=170

It's got that nice telekinesis theme going on. :crazy: It also connects with Benry's comment to Locke, "you don't have any Stephen King do you?". Benry made this comment when Locke gave him the Dostoyevsky book to read.

As for the "when" timeframe, there are a couple of different covers of the book, so I don't think that's gonna help you.

Worf101
10-06-2006, 05:39 AM
are really startin' to scare me. The othe websites... total complete obsession... You can't have a job and/or a personal life and spend all this time wondering about this series... It's mindbogglin, mindbogglin a tells ya. Thanks though... it's more fun than watchin' Sawyer in a mousetrap.

Da Worfster

PS, my theory... some rich old f**k is dyin'. "Found the island, though it would "heal" him but it didn't cause his Karma was/is wrong. That's why his fascination with those who are "good people". Crap theory I know but what the heck...

Da Worfster

ForeverAutumn
10-06-2006, 05:52 AM
are really startin' to scare me. The othe websites... total complete obsession... You can't have a job and/or a personal life and spend all this time wondering about this series... It's mindbogglin, mindbogglin a tells ya. Thanks though... it's more fun than watchin' Sawyer in a mousetrap.

Da Worfster

PS, my theory... some rich old f**k is dyin'. "Found the island, though it would "heal" him but it didn't cause his Karma was/is wrong. That's why his fascination with those who are "good people". Crap theory I know but what the heck...

Da Worfster

Personal life? You guys are my personal life! :smilewinkgrin:

kexodusc
10-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Better late to the party than never?

So I'm just not having a great couple months...week and a bit after the cast gets off my hand, and the pins get pulled, my lung decides to collapse. First baseball, now hockey have left me battered and bruised.
Oh well 4 days in the hospital and I lost 7 lbs, that's no so bad.

I could only watch Lost from my hospital room's 5 inch TV cause I was outnumbered by grumpy seniors (who looked eerily like they could have been Dharma agents) in the common room on my floor.

Wholly hole in a donut, batman, that was a great way to kick off S3. The cages, the new station, Othersville, a name for fake Henry, and a great glimpse behind the scenes of the "bad guys"
I just can't wait to see what horrors the next 2 weeks have in store for Kate, but I find myself left once again with more questions than answers. Will finally get to see how she got so deliciously wet as detailed on the cover of the current issue of TV Guide? Does Benry (good one FA) throw her in the shark/Dolphin trap with Jack? Exactly how good are fish biscuits (better than hospital food)? And what the bloody hell happened to Locke and Eko? Does the hatch still work (as I predict) or is it all blowed up? Did Roslin get killed by the Cylon firing squad (oops, wrong show).
I dunno which Stephen King book it was, but he's on record as being a massive huge king kong fan of the show, and actually begged the writers to end the show when the story's been told rather than to drag it on like so many other series...so maybe this was just a polite nod to him?

ForeverAutumn
10-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Kex, oh Kex, oh Kex. You are a mess, aren't you? Please don't take up fencing, ok? And no skeet shooting for you either. :nono:

So Benry lives in Othersville. I like it. :thumbsup:

kexodusc
10-10-2006, 04:04 AM
Kex, oh Kex, oh Kex. You are a mess, aren't you? Please don't take up fencing, ok? And no skeet shooting for you either. :nono:

So Benry lives in Othersville. I like it. :thumbsup:

Bah, fluke injuries, the both of them...my stick got stuck in the zamboni doors behind the net on a rush and my chest punched into it. X-rays don't show a broken rib, which I'm told is weird. Gotta admit it scared the heck outta me, thought I was having a heart attack or something. Guess I'll never be drafted to the pros, but what can ya do...

Took every breath I had to convince my wife not to fly home.

On the plus side, I have lots of TV time for the next few days though. 37 hours and counting...

GMichael
10-10-2006, 05:16 AM
Kex,

What will be next? Broken finger, collapsed lung, almost broken rib, etc. Will we have to wrap you up with nurf turf? Soon the snow will be falling and you'll be flying off that new toy you got last season. Should we call your local hospital to warn them in advance?

Glad you're OK. But please be more careful.:rolleyes5:

ForeverAutumn
10-10-2006, 06:13 AM
On the plus side, I have lots of TV time for the next few days though. 37 hours and counting...

Ah hah! So I'm not the only one who celebrates an illness for the TV time that it provides. :ciappa:

You know, because I do obsess over this show and think about it all week long, it occured to me last night that S3 started in the same way as S2. Not just the opening of the eye, but the whole insight into a new world...

S2 opened with us watching Desmond in the hatch. Only we didn't yet understand what we were seeing. A guy wakes up, has breakfast, works out, showers, shaves. A rumble. The record skips. What's that? Oh, we're watching the hatch. There's a guy in the hatch!!!

S3 opens with us watching the book club meeting. Everything looks normal. A group of people sitting around, drinking, eating, discussing. A rumble. An earthquake? It's over, run outside. Nice neighbourhood. What's that? A plane breaking up in the sky? Oh, we're watching the Others. It's Othersville on the island!!!

kexodusc
10-10-2006, 06:22 AM
Kex,

What will be next? Broken finger, collapsed lung, almost broken rib, etc. Will we have to wrap you up with nurf turf? Soon the snow will be falling and you'll be flying off that new toy you got last season. Should we call your local hospital to warn them in advance?

Glad you're OK. But please be more careful.:rolleyes5:

Bah...My hand fractures healed so fast and the finger moves almost 100% again (but is a wee bit crooked) - doctors say I have the resiliency of 10 year old boy.
(in Mr. Burns voice)
So I'm invincible....Invincible.

You're right, the snow can't come fast enough - but enough OT about me...who d'y'all suppose that kid in the cages with Sawyer was? Anyone important? Another survivor?

Kam
10-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Bah...My hand fractures healed so fast and the finger moves almost 100% again (but is a wee bit crooked) - doctors say I have the resiliency of 10 year old boy.
(in Mr. Burns voice)

You're right, the snow can't come fast enough - but enough OT about me...who d'y'all suppose that kid in the cages with Sawyer was? Anyone important? Another survivor?

sorry to hear about the injury, but glad its given you tv time!! :)

i think the Others have done enough 'cry wolves' now that the losties don't know who to trust, which is prolly the whole point in the first place. So i think the kid might actually be another lostie brought to the island. i kind of got a mathew-broderick-from-ladyhawke feeling to his character and that this wasnt the first time he had escaped from the Others.... then again, it could just be another Other again who they are trying to ingratiate with Sawyer.

And... to dive deeper into the nuttiness... we saw where Othersville was and how far the planes crashed apart from each other (wasn't it about a 2 day trek through the forest to get from the Tailies to the Losties?) Yet Benry asked Goodwin if he could get to the Tailies in an hour!?? Goodwin is either a worldclass runner or they have some other system of getting around the island. And... if anyone is good with distances, can you guesstimate the size of the island we've seen so far. It appears to be rather HUGE???

It seems that its at least the size of one of the hawaiin islands and it has settlements on it visible from any sattelite... and yet Desmond's sugarmomma had no idea where this island was until that electromagnetic whatever release of energy from the 'incidents' occurred. and if his sugarmomma is being that nitpicky looking for any occurance like that, you'd figured they'd have scanned any islands with satellites... so why didn't they see Othersville?

in the words of hugo (who better show up in the next episode!): where are we?

ForeverAutumn
10-10-2006, 12:51 PM
in the words of hugo (who better show up in the next episode!): where are we?

That was actually Charlie who said that.

Goodwin showed up in the jungle pretty quickly after the crash. But when exactly did Ethan appear? The Fusies were on the island for quite a while before Hurley took his little census. So maybe the tail crashed near Othersville, but the fuselage was a couple of days hike.

My theory is that the magnet in the Swan station was emitting some sort of shield that hid the island from radar and satellites. It was in place to protect the location of the experiments from being discovered. Once Locke let the clock countdown, something happened to the shield so that the guys in the Antarctic station finally saw the location, hence their call to Ms. Widmore with the message "we found it".

Edit: If you're interested in a sneak preview of Wednesday's episode go here, http://lost.cubit.net/. About halfway down the page you can watch a clip from tomorrow's show.

ForeverAutumn
10-10-2006, 03:07 PM
And... to dive deeper into the nuttiness... we saw where Othersville was and how far the planes crashed apart from each other (wasn't it about a 2 day trek through the forest to get from the Tailies to the Losties?) Yet Benry asked Goodwin if he could get to the Tailies in an hour!?? Goodwin is either a worldclass runner or they have some other system of getting around the island.

Have we all become so jaded by this show that we just accept, without questioning, that Benry knew where the two pieces of the plane would land and that there would be survivors???

Kam
10-11-2006, 07:53 AM
Have we all become so jaded by this show that we just accept, without questioning, that Benry knew where the two pieces of the plane would land and that there would be survivors???

well... he did guestimate, didnt he say "goodwin, did you see where the tail section was headed...?" nod "get there in an hour blah blah infiltrate, observe, blah blah"

and just how cool was it with the precision he was taking control, like a general barking out orders and goodwin and ethan just jumped to him, hanging on his every command and immediately obeying him like soldiers would... hey... speaking of... goodwin's knife that ana lucia looked at... she said it was army issue from over 20 years ago or something like that right? and benry has a "command" of his "troops" and runs whatever it is they are doing just like a covert op..... hmmm.... the lil' hamster is running fast, that wheel is turning in my mind....

Groundbeef
10-11-2006, 08:49 AM
(in Mr. Burns voice)

Actually, we have all suspected it, but never been able to pin it down. Your last statement proves that you are actually somewhere on the island. Serious injury, complete with rapid healing "of a 10 year old". Doctors shocked that you didn't break ribs, but collapsed your lung. (Your ribs probably healed on the way to the "hospital" aka Lockes lame legs healing.)

We just want to know how you have gotten internet access on the island......or are you one of the others?.......hmmmmmm

kexodusc
10-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Actually, we have all suspected it, but never been able to pin it down. Your last statement proves that you are actually somewhere on the island. Serious injury, complete with rapid healing "of a 10 year old". Doctors shocked that you didn't break ribs, but collapsed your lung. (Your ribs probably healed on the way to the "hospital" aka Lockes lame legs healing.)

We just want to know how you have gotten internet access on the island......or are you one of the others?.......hmmmmmm

:mad: WHO TOLD YO-...Oh...uh...you're just kiddin' around...ha ha ...good one Beefy...

ForeverAutumn
10-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Okay, just collecting my thoughts here.

So Sun shot Benry's new girlfriend. That should make for interesting TV later. How will Sun react to shooting someone once the shock wears off and she's back on the beach (assuming they make it back to the beach)? How will Benry react when he finds out that Colleen (was that her name?) has been shot? How will Juliet respond?

Juliet seemed all nicey, nicey. Playing sympathetic to Jack, and giving Sawyer water. But she looked pretty hard core holding a gun to Kate. I think that Kam is right. They know what their jobs are and how to do them.

Has Benry really spent his entire life on the island? He looks to be in his 40's. If that's true then he's been there long before the Dharma Orientation tapes were made. They were dated 1980 I think.

And didn't you just love Jack's reaction to the Red Sox winning the world series. That may just be my favourite scene yet. I love the sense of humour that these writers have!

kexodusc
10-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Starting to sound like the Others are the descendants of Dharma, isn't it. Maybe still some big experiment being observed from the outside by that woman who's in the know - they obviously have contact with the outside world. Kind of like Walt Disney's vision for EPCOT - minus the cool golf ball dome - that maybe just got sidetracked by all the weird sh-- that goes on.

I see Juliet being the key to Jack, Sawyer, and Kate getting out of the island on account of the blatantly obvious conflict between her and Benry.

Keep forgetting we're in November 2004 still. Patriots are about to repeat too. Brad and Jen are a sure bet thing and people still like Mel Gibson. Man, this show is weird.

Kam
10-11-2006, 08:44 PM
there was something just a leeeeetle bit too smooth about that whole exchange with the world series thing.... my spidey sense is tingling and i will go on record (yes! that's right, the first wild idea of season 3) to say:
they are not in 2004. hugo's ever-so-humorous side comment to sayid upon picking up that radio wave about "when" are they over where are they is key. i may be wrong... BUT... lest everyone forget and allow me to bask in my 1-1353 theory record... i DID say benry was the head other!!

kexodusc
10-12-2006, 03:54 AM
Well stranger things could happen, Kam. Maybe they're in 2002 instead. I just don't think Benry was lying to Jack about the time period.

Aren't we all missing something here - was it just me, or were there other people in the Othersville labor camp? Where'd they come from? Are they survivors of a different sort? And what's with the guy and girl talking to Sawyer and Kate? Spies?

I'm starting to think that the Others aren't so bad, really - I can't recall, but I don't think Ethan and Goodwin were just trying to bring the prime candidates from the Tail and Fuselage (kids, Claire, Anna Lucia, etc) to Othersville for whatever reason - they only got aggressive when they were being followed or discovered, and didn't just kill for sport or anything. They didn't kill Jack, Kate, Sawyer, etc when Tom/Zeke took their guns etc. They just wanted to be left alone, ie, on their side of the island.

Maybe Jack and the gang should just go along for the ride until Benry sends them home...

ForeverAutumn
10-12-2006, 04:43 AM
Well stranger things could happen, Kam. Maybe they're in 2002 instead. I just don't think Benry was lying to Jack about the time period.

I agree with kex here. We know when the plane left Sydney and we know how many days they've been on the island. The writers made sure to bring that back into perspective when Benry gave us the date of November 29, 2004.

Aren't we all missing something here - was it just me, or were there other people in the Othersville labor camp? Where'd they come from? Are they survivors of a different sort? And what's with the guy and girl talking to Sawyer and Kate? Spies?

Wasn't the girl talking to Kate, Alex? I haven't a clue who Karl is though. At first I thought that the other prisoners could be from the tail section. But, according to Goodwin, they were taken because they were good. The Others seem to be all about Good People and Bad People. So, would they make the good tailies work like that? The whole labour camp could just be another sham. We know that the Others are good at setting up fake situations. Why would they have Sawyer and Kate breaking and moving rocks anyway? It doesn't make sense. This isn't what it seems.

I'm starting to think that the Others aren't so bad, really - I can't recall, but I don't think Ethan and Goodwin were just trying to bring the prime candidates from the Tail and Fuselage (kids, Claire, Anna Lucia, etc) to Othersville for whatever reason - they only got aggressive when they were being followed or discovered, and didn't just kill for sport or anything. They didn't kill Jack, Kate, Sawyer, etc when Tom/Zeke took their guns etc. They just wanted to be left alone, ie, on their side of the island.

Again, I'm in agreement with you. I found Colleen's (?) comment to Sun interesting. She said that contrary to what Sun believes, they weren't her enemy. But if Sun shot her, that would all change. I think that the Others have a very strange sense of morality bred from years of being alone on the island and having to create their own rules for survival. i.e. You're a good person unless you fire that gun. But we're good people even though we've kidnapped some of you under cover of the night, and left Charlie for dead, and almost killed Claire to steal her baby, etc.

Maybe Jack and the gang should just go along for the ride until Benry sends them home...

Well that would make the show pretty boring. :frown2:

I can't wait until next week to find out what Benry's offer to Jack is. Unfortunately, I'm out of town on business next Wednesday night and I may not be back at my hotel by 9:00 to watch it. :sad:

Kam
10-12-2006, 07:05 AM

no, didnt mean that they're back in time, but that something with time is going on. yes, the time they've spent on the island has been 69 consecutive days, but i dont think they landed there in 2004. i think there's some time issue and they might be in 3004 for all we know, but definitely not in the same time on that island as we have "out here".

I think the 'incidents' are breaches in "whenever" they are back to our time in 2004 and that's what Desmond's Sugarmomma has those guys in antarctica looking for, any sign of another incident to help pinpoint not just where they are, but WHEN they are. she's spent millions or billions searching for desmond for the past 3 years from 2001-2004 and cant find him, because he's not there. very bermuda-triangle like. so whenever an incident happens on the island and threatens to unravel their entire existence, it sucks in something from our world and pulls it into the island ala Locke's comment way back when. "the island brought us here."

then we have the supernatural issues going on ala Walt showing up all watery and Ms. Clue(??) and the voices all of which has kinda taken a backseat since Walt has taken off to where (or when)ever.

i know i know... its one of the more hokey one of my theories, but i'm stickin' with it!! :)

and on a side note, if Benry doesn't get an Emmy for his work, that's just ludicrous. he is un-freakin-believably good!!!

Kam
10-12-2006, 07:08 AM
I
Wasn't the girl talking to Kate, Alex? I haven't a clue who Karl is though. At first I thought that the other prisoners could be from the tail section. But, according to Goodwin, they were taken because they were good. The Others seem to be all about Good People and Bad People. So, would they make the good tailies work like that? The whole labour camp could just be another sham. We know that the Others are good at setting up fake situations. Why would they have Sawyer and Kate breaking and moving rocks anyway? It doesn't make sense. This isn't what it seems.

i didn't think that was alex, but it was tough to tell. i thought by "karl" she was referring to the kid that was in the cage opposite sawyer who tried the 'escape' or whatever it was. the labor camp thing didn't make ANY sense at all. were those just other "Others" playing a part in the whole charade to make kate and sawyer complicit in something. it's awesome in that you really have no idea what to believe and not believe, who is one of the "Others" and may be a captive of theirs. and if they are breaking up rocks for a reason... then that means they are building something... what could that be???

kexodusc
10-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Okay, you could be on to something here Kamster.

If you think back to some of the Season 1 clues and Benry's behavior early, it does seem like everyone on the island before the Losties is "waiting" for something. Maybe Flight 815 was lost out of time somehow like that plane in Stephen King's Langoliers. Maybe it got sucked from 2004 to the Future. Maybe that's how Benry and the others "know" so much about the losties, they're in the future, and know the flight was deemed lost back in 2004, so all they did was some research on the casualty names from the flight list and pulled up some vital statistics.
Benry seems to be afraid of "He" whoever that is, and Desmond asked Locke "Are you Him?"....So maybe someone else from the past is coming - or could already be there...
The Nov. 29 date that Benry claimed muddies it up a bit, but we can work on that...

Ya keep throwing darts, one of them's bound to stick?

kexodusc
10-12-2006, 10:31 AM
anyone do that connections thingy on the Lost webpage? Some of the connections between characters were very subtle and I missed or forgot - like Sayid's torture instructor was Desmond's hatch buddy...etc...
http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/connections/index

Kam
10-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Okay, you could be on to something here Kamster.

If you think back to some of the Season 1 clues and Benry's behavior early, it does seem like everyone on the island before the Losties is "waiting" for something. Maybe Flight 815 was lost out of time somehow like that plane in Stephen King's Langoliers. Maybe it got sucked from 2004 to the Future. Maybe that's how Benry and the others "know" so much about the losties, they're in the future, and know the flight was deemed lost back in 2004, so all they did was some research on the casualty names from the flight list and pulled up some vital statistics.
Benry seems to be afraid of "He" whoever that is, and Desmond asked Locke "Are you Him?"....So maybe someone else from the past is coming - or could already be there...
The Nov. 29 date that Benry claimed muddies it up a bit, but we can work on that...

Ya keep throwing darts, one of them's bound to stick?

this could make sense with their files and everything and especially when given their reaction to seieng the plane at the beginning of Season 3. There wasn't much shock AT ALL on their faces, as if they knew it was coming, just a matter of when. Which would make sense if they are looking back and they know that Flight 815 dissapeared on (what was the date 69 days prior to november 29, 2004) but they didn't know when it would appear on THEIR timeline until the next incident occurred. When it occurred, they knew.... "ok, according to the losties, it's this date in 2004.... so this is what they do and don't know about the world" ala the boston red sox revelation to jack.

AND one of the more important quotes from benry to jack was that whole...
If you can get off this island at any time, why dont you?
Exactly jack, WHY?

um..... yeah, that's what he asked!!! we wanted an answer galled-darnit!!!!

ForeverAutumn
10-12-2006, 03:16 PM
i didn't think that was alex, but it was tough to tell. i thought by "karl" she was referring to the kid that was in the cage opposite sawyer who tried the 'escape' or whatever it was. the labor camp thing didn't make ANY sense at all. were those just other "Others" playing a part in the whole charade to make kate and sawyer complicit in something. it's awesome in that you really have no idea what to believe and not believe, who is one of the "Others" and may be a captive of theirs. and if they are breaking up rocks for a reason... then that means they are building something... what could that be???

I didn't mean "who's Karl" in the sense that I didn't recognize the name. I meant "who's Karl" in the sense that is he a real prisoner or a plant?

As for the breaking rocks, I wonder if it's all just to exhaust Kate and Sawyer to break their spirit. The Others want to make them too tired, both physically and mentally, to fight back.

ForeverAutumn
10-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Okay, you want to theorize about the whole Lost In Time idea? Sit yourselves down and make yourselves comfortable. Here's my theory. The seeds were planted last night and you've forced me to think through the rest of it today.

My theory started with the commercial for the show that will be replacing Lost for the 12 week hiatus. The show is called Day Break, and from what I can tell it's a dark version of the movie Groundhog Day. Some guy wakes up and has a bad day where the woman he loves get shot. Every day he wakes up to the same day again. And every day he does something different to try and find a different outcome. i.e. the women he loves doesn't get shot.

So, what if Lost is working on the same premise? What if Benry and his crew know the future because they've seen it before? They rescue the good people and send them home. But the bad people have to stay on the island until they've changed sufficiently that The Others feel comfortable putting them back in the world, back in the past, before they've done the bad things that they've done.

If they break Kate and Sawyer's spirits, teach them what its like to be victimized, maybe they can change Kate and Sawyer's attitutes towards life and help them to appreciate that other people's lives are valuable. They can have a second chance at their lives, but only if they are able to return to the past and be "good". Kate doesn't kill anyone and Sawyer doesn't con or kill anyone.

The psychic that Claire went to see was convinced that Claire had to raise her baby. What if he was part of The Others and knew that once before, Claire gave up her baby and he grew up to be a serial killer because he felt deserted by his mother. So Claire ends up on the island where she gives birth to Aaron and loves him and will never give him up. Eventually, Claire will return to her life with her baby in order to save all the lives that the serial killer took.

Jack is already experiencing regrets for the way that he treated his father and his wife. He's already a changed man. That's why Benry is willing to make him an offer (we just don't know what yet) and send him home. He'll wake up back in his bed at home, in the past with his father at work and his wife at home and treat them both with respect and change the outcome of their lives.

As for the people who died on the island, either they're not really dead and this is how The Others can save people and return them to their lives without raising suspicion, or they are really dead because the world is better off if they never return.

Obviously, I'm making up the details, but do you see where I'm going with this?

Kam
10-13-2006, 06:07 AM
Okay, you want to theorize about the whole Lost In Time idea? Sit yourselves down and make yourselves comfortable. Here's my theory. The seeds were planted last night and you've forced me to think through the rest of it today.

My theory started with the commercial for the show that will be replacing Lost for the 12 week hiatus. The show is called Day Break, and from what I can tell it's a dark version of the movie Groundhog Day. Some guy wakes up and has a bad day where the woman he loves get shot. Every day he wakes up to the same day again. And every day he does something different to try and find a different outcome. i.e. the women he loves doesn't get shot.

So, what if Lost is working on the same premise? What if Benry and his crew know the future because they've seen it before? They rescue the good people and send them home. But the bad people have to stay on the island until they've changed sufficiently that The Others feel comfortable putting them back in the world, back in the past, before they've done the bad things that they've done.

If they break Kate and Sawyer's spirits, teach them what its like to be victimized, maybe they can change Kate and Sawyer's attitutes towards life and help them to appreciate that other people's lives are valuable. They can have a second chance at their lives, but only if they are able to return to the past and be "good". Kate doesn't kill anyone and Sawyer doesn't con or kill anyone.

The psychic that Claire went to see was convinced that Claire had to raise her baby. What if he was part of The Others and knew that once before, Claire gave up her baby and he grew up to be a serial killer because he felt deserted by his mother. So Claire ends up on the island where she gives birth to Aaron and loves him and will never give him up. Eventually, Claire will return to her life with her baby in order to save all the lives that the serial killer took.

Jack is already experiencing regrets for the way that he treated his father and his wife. He's already a changed man. That's why Benry is willing to make him an offer (we just don't know what yet) and send him home. He'll wake up back in his bed at home, in the past with his father at work and his wife at home and treat them both with respect and change the outcome of their lives.

As for the people who died on the island, either they're not really dead and this is how The Others can save people and return them to their lives without raising suspicion, or they are really dead because the world is better off if they never return.

Obviously, I'm making up the details, but do you see where I'm going with this?

me gusta. i like that. and it would make sense why no one is telling anyone anything, because unless you do have a secret that is going to save the world, it would make logical sense to say: "oh btw... so this is what's going on because i'm sure you're wondering what the hell is happening."
unless the not-knowing part is crucial to the saving the world part. plus, i know it was nice lil funny moment, but hugo's line to sayid when they're listening to the radio... the "when are we" line always stuck with me too.
And I always got the impression from those scenes with the pyschic that claire's baby was gonna be the anti-christ or something melodramatic like that, so the whole Island thing was bringing the kid and clair there and everyone connected to them to avoid the end of the world type deal, but i like your idea better that the kid would be a serial killer and this is preventing all those deaths from happening, very Dead Zone like.

ForeverAutumn
10-13-2006, 08:32 AM
...very Dead Zone like.

Oooh. Another Stephen King reference. :wink5:

Of course, this doesn't explain Polar Bears, or the numbers, or black fog, or the magnetic field, or the Antarctic Station, or any of that other stuff.

Groundbeef
10-18-2006, 06:00 AM
There is a pretty extended interview on abcnews.com on Lost today. Here is the link:

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=2553741&page=1

Pretty interesting. More on methodology, not really any spoilers or plot developments.

Kam
10-18-2006, 08:10 AM
There is a pretty extended interview on abcnews.com on Lost today. Here is the link:

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=2553741&page=1

Pretty interesting. More on methodology, not really any spoilers or plot developments.

good read. i keep wondering what it'd be like if they had killed off jack at the end of that first hour... where the heck would it have gone? (as if we didnt have enough questions!!)

kexodusc
10-18-2006, 09:27 AM
I love this quote:

"Yes, our goal is if we can't end spectacularly at least we'll fail spectacularly. Nobody wants to go out with a fizzle."

A few subtle hints - like I suggested last week, they imply we'll learn more about the Others, and that maybe they're not so bad afterall. Not killing anyone yet and such (though the Charlie hanging was pretty close).

I love it when the creators are having fun and enjoying themselves - when they get too serious and try to be too "deep", that's when problems start.

Groundbeef
10-18-2006, 10:16 AM
I liked the discussion about Kate's little airplane. Funny how everyone was searching for some deeper meaning, and it was just about sentimental value. Here we were thinking that it would somehow solve all of the islands problems, and it had nothing to do with it.

kexodusc
10-19-2006, 03:53 AM
Hey Kam - looks like your little time-warp theory might not be so far off afterall.
How the bloody hell did Desomond know about Locke's speech?

And what will Hurley do next?

So, Locke worked at a grow-op before Hurley's box company, eh?

GMichael
10-19-2006, 06:14 AM
I missed last week's. No cable till last Saturday. Last night's show looked great. But I feel like I missed a lot. I'll have to go back and read through the last few posts here to catch up.
A little time travel going on huh?

Kam
10-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Hey Kam - looks like your little time-warp theory might not be so far off afterall.
How the bloody hell did Desomond know about Locke's speech?

And what will Hurley do next?

So, Locke worked at a grow-op before Hurley's box company, eh?

i wasnt sure on the timeline of Locke's life so far, was this the "earliest" of locke's flashbacks... is this correct (from what we've seen of the flashbacks)

Locke at Grow-op
Unknown locke transition to....
Locke works for home inspection company and meets sayid's hottie.
Unknown locke transition to...
Locke with the katey segal flashback.
Locke meets father again. Duped, loses kidney.
Unknown locke transition to...
Locke at Box company (already in wheelchair)
Locke to walkabout - to plane - to the island.

Kam
10-19-2006, 08:41 AM
i think since locke and eko both showed up displaced but in regular time, they didnt have any clothing issues, but maybe since desmond was at the source of the implosion he had the whole terminator-rules-of-time-travel-only-organic-passes-through issue going on and so showed up displace AND in the buff.

and that lost shot of him tossing rocks into the ocean... was it just me, or was he seriously (even more than usual) disturbed...as if what he saw in the future ain't all too pleasant.

speaking of the future and next weeks episode, was that ared herring showing Kate saying do you love him and showing sawyer being tortured... or think it'll be jack? or... think they want Jack to see Kate saying she loves sawyer so he'll be further isolated away from the Losties and think of joining/helping the Others.

oh, and from another comment sawyer made on his kiss to kate "ruse" to gain info on the Others... he said most ofthem had no skills but a few them had some martial arts training and combat training (something to that effect) which would make sense with them having some sort of army beginning and then initiating whoever gets pulled into the island with whatever skill levels they come with... something about this army connection....

kexodusc
10-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Oh I don't think Desmond has done any time travelling, but maybe I think in a similar way to Walt's imagination conjuring, maybe he's seeing glimpses of the future because of some weird island psycho-physical stuff. I think the Hatch has made him psychic somehow. I got the impression he was trying to sort out in his mind what was happening more than being afraid of the future he already knew. If he knew of an impending disaster, he'd bolt, like he did from the hatch when the computer was damaged.

Come to think of it - there's a link here.

Locke sees that Eko is in trouble with the polar bear and that he saves him.
Eko sees that Locke will go save Jack and the gang
Desmond sees Locke's speech before it happens.

3 hatch survivors, 3 cases of future-telling.

topspeed
10-19-2006, 10:02 AM
I had to watch last week's and last night's episode back to back as I Tivo'd the previous episode. Before we dive into the questions, let me state for the record that Lost is infinitely more enjoyable Tivo'd as you can skip through the 10,000 commercials ABC is hellbent on squeezing into every episode. /rant

Some observations from the previous shows:

* This is the second time Kate has screwed up a potential showdown between the Losties and Others by being captured (remember the meeting in the jungle?). For someone who is a supposed to be cold blooded bank robber and murderer, she sure does get taken pretty easily. Coincidence?

* LOVED the scene when Sayid gave Jin the gun and asked "Do you know how to handle an automatic?" (Jin slaps clip in, cocks and locks, and tucks into his belt in one smooth motion. Classic.)

* Desmond can seemingly see the future. What of Locke? He talks to dead people and apparently also those that are unconscious. Did the implosion do something to him as well?

* Who's the hot chick that met Locke and Ecko on the beach :ihih:

* Who were the other people working alongside Sawyer and Kate? Are they prisoners too and where did they come from? Why move rocks or is it just busy work like a prison camp?

* The cave had a Tonka Truck and the bones of apparently Dharma workers (plus a bear, minor detail), does anybody else wonder what else lies in there? That cave needs to be explored.

Kam
10-19-2006, 10:41 AM
the unconscious eko talking to locke may have been a remnant of the herbal concoction he took in his spiritual talk with the island journey. or.... maybe he's un-locke-d some more powers of his own.... hahaha.

oh lord that was horrible. i mean, that was just plain horrible. in what? 700+ posts from last season and this, that's gotta be the worst pun ever come up with... and yet... strangely satisfying.

ok.. so the two biggies that hasnt come up yet (albeit we're still early) but what about the Monster, the black smoke thingy that sounds like a mechanical t-rex that locke and ecko had showdowns with? and what about michael/walt and walt's apparent powers that maybe now desmond has some sort of connection with? and the whole watery-walt apparitions?

the other two things i got, that quieted a few of my annoyances were:
1- you really see in the backstories how much trust has been damaged in these Losties and why it really does make sense that they don't share information with each other or ask the questions you think they should be asking because they really are a group of individuals.
2 - while it's been 2+ years for us, its still just 70 days for them. i thought at first Jin needed to lighten up on the Feudal-Male-dominant-me-tarzan-you-jane outlook with Sun, but then i realized, they havent been on that island for 2 years, just 2 and a half months! of course he's not gonna radically change his entire upbringing and outlook on life THAT much, no matter how many polar bears, weird 4 toed statues, unbelievable coincidences, mysterious island and strange catacylsmic island shaking events happen. we are still who we are.

ForeverAutumn
10-20-2006, 06:29 AM
I've been away on business and just got to watching Lost this morning. Maybe I'm just really getting in tune with the direction of the writing of this show, but I found this week's show to be a little too predictable.

- When Locke found Ecko, I knew that Ecko was going to be pulled away by the bear and that Locke would pull him to safety. Not unlike how Locke was pulled away by the black smoke and Jack pulled Locke to safety.

- When Ecko opened his eyes and told Locke that it wasn't too late to go save Jack et al, I knew, before he said it, that Ecko would call Locke a Hunter.

- When Des said that "Locke said so in his speech", I knew that we would hear Locke's speech before the end of the show (okay, that was an easy one).

So, I was actually a little disappointed in this episode. No real surprises for me.

In hindsight I see that we missed a clue about the bears. When Sawyer is in the cage and he finally figures out how to get food, Zeke comments that it only took the bearS two hours. We know that one bear was killed in S1, but we should have known from this clue that there was more than one bear and that we'd be seeing another one soon.

I definately think that we're on to something with the whole timeshift theory. How did Desmond know about Locke's speech? No doubt that we'll see the hatch blow up from Desmond's point of view soon, and will find out. Maybe Desmond had a dream, just like Locke did (and others before them). This isn't the first time that our Losties have acted on premenitions.

And I don't think the story of the grow-op is over. I think that we're on our way to finding out how Locke ends up in the wheelchair.

As for Locke's timeline... The grow-op has to be after Dad, since during Grace he's thankful for getting over his anger. But it's before BoxCo, since he can walk at the grow-op but is in a wheelchair at BoxCo. My guess is that Locke gets injured at the grow-op. The only question is...how?

I also loved that Eddie (the cop) was wearing a Geronimo Jackson t-shirt. And, I forgot what nice eye-candy Boone was. :ihih:

kexodusc
10-20-2006, 07:17 AM
I've been away on business and just got to watching Lost this morning. Maybe I'm just really getting in tune with the direction of the writing of this show, but I found this week's show to be a little too predictable.

- When Locke found Ecko, I knew that Ecko was going to be pulled away by the bear and that Locke would pull him to safety. Not unlike how Locke was pulled away by the black smoke and Jack pulled Locke to safety.

- When Ecko opened his eyes and told Locke that it wasn't too late to go save Jack et al, I knew, before he said it, that Ecko would call Locke a Hunter.

- When Des said that "Locke said so in his speech", I knew that we would hear Locke's speech before the end of the show (okay, that was an easy one).

So, I was actually a little disappointed in this episode. No real surprises for me.
Hmmm, you are a better guesser than I am...I didn't see the Hunter thing coming at all. But I'd agree, it was predictable this week. Reality is most shows will have a lot of mostly predictable plots - it's the few swerves, that make a show work. Too many and it becomes silly, too few and there's no point to watching. Somehow, I think this weeks plot was just a setup for a future revelation of Locke/Eko/Desmond. To be honest, Season 3 has started the slowest of the 3 for me. I'm guessing there's a gradual build up to climax again this year - maybe we expect the climax to be conitnuous from week-to-week.

In hindsight I see that we missed a clue about the bears. When Sawyer is in the cage and he finally figures out how to get food, Zeke comments that it only took the bearS two hours. We know that one bear was killed in S1, but we should have known from this clue that there was more than one bear and that we'd be seeing another one soon.
Hmmm. I had always assumed there was more than 1 bear on the island. What thew me off was that I recall (vaguely) everyone thinking that Walt had conjured them while reading his comic book or something. Guess that's not the case now? WTF?

I definately think that we're on to something with the whole timeshift theory. How did Desmond know about Locke's speech? No doubt that we'll see the hatch blow up from Desmond's point of view soon, and will find out. Maybe Desmond had a dream, just like Locke did (and others before them). This isn't the first time that our Losties have acted on premenitions. Exactly.

And I don't think the story of the grow-op is over. I think that we're on our way to finding out how Locke ends up in the wheelchair.

As for Locke's timeline... The grow-op has to be after Dad, since during Grace he's thankful for getting over his anger. But it's before BoxCo, since he can walk at the grow-op but is in a wheelchair at BoxCo. My guess is that Locke gets injured at the grow-op. The only question is...how?
Good call on the Locke timeline.

Still not 100% sure about the timeshifting - Uhh...just a thought - remember Desmond saying to Jack at the stadium:
"See you in another life, brother."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ForeverAutumn
10-20-2006, 07:41 AM
Still not 100% sure about the timeshifting - Uhh...just a thought - remember Desmond saying to Jack at the stadium:
"See you in another life, brother."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't know that I would take that too literally. I often refer to past jobs and past loves as "in a previous life". It's just an expression meant to show that I've moved on. I've heard other people use the same expression. But I'm probably wrong. Anything can happen on the island.

Here's my prediction on how Locke ends up in the wheelchair...

We know that the commune, or wherever Locke is, is housing a grow-op in the greenhouse. However, Eddie the cop sees all the fertilizer being brought in and he thinks that they're storing fertilizer to blow something up, "whatever you're blowing up, I want in", he says. He doesn't know it's just weed in there.

Now, in a post-Oklahoma City world, cops are going to take out a group of potential terrorists differently than they're going to take out a group of hippie pot growers. Since Eddie's cover is now blown, but he still thinks that they're gonna blow something up, the cops are gonna come in hard and fast and Locke's getting caught in the crossfire.

That's my guess.

Kam
10-20-2006, 08:26 AM
I don't know that I would take that too literally. I often refer to past jobs and past loves as "in a previous life". It's just an expression meant to show that I've moved on. I've heard other people use the same expression. But I'm probably wrong. Anything can happen on the island.

Here's my prediction on how Locke ends up in the wheelchair...

We know that the commune, or wherever Locke is, is housing a grow-op in the greenhouse. However, Eddie the cop sees all the fertilizer being brought in and he thinks that they're storing fertilizer to blow something up, "whatever you're blowing up, I want in", he says. He doesn't know it's just weed in there.

Now, in a post-Oklahoma City world, cops are going to take out a group of potential terrorists differently than they're going to take out a group of hippie pot growers. Since Eddie's cover is now blown, but he still thinks that they're gonna blow something up, the cops are gonna come in hard and fast and Locke's getting caught in the crossfire.

That's my guess.

i'm gonna go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out on a limb on this one.... but was there ever an explanation given as to the accident between mr. rutherford and jack's wife/ex? i thought they just said it was a head-on collision? well.... my far out theory is Locke was also involved in that collision somehow and that's the cause of him being in the wheel chair.

ok... so rip it apart!

Kam
10-20-2006, 08:32 AM
Hmmm. I had always assumed there was more than 1 bear on the island. What thew me off was that I recall (vaguely) everyone thinking that Walt had conjured them while reading his comic book or something. Guess that's not the case now? WTF?

i think that was one of my off-the-wall theories. they showed walt reading a spanish version of a greenlatern comic book that prominanty had a polar bear in it just prior to the polar bear appearance. also, in the episode where michael says goodbye to walt, as his mom takes him to england/aus? michael gives the young walt a stuffed toy polar bear. WHICH could still work in the weird timewwarp theory if you think about the young Walt growing up and having a polar-bear-thing and passing on his teachings to the people who eventually form dharma and then go on the island and bring polar bears with them... kinda like bruce willis as a young kid seeing himself shot in 12 monkeys, that type of paradox, where the young Walt goes to the island where his theories will come into play in the future, only because he was warped to that island in the first place... ala the John Conner paradox in terminator. i'm in my off-the-wall-theory mode today.

Groundbeef
10-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Here are 2 promos for next weeks episode. Pay careful attention to the second, as it is from Canadian TV, not US.

US Promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqTFnE0YeEY

Canadian Promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsPwQb9ChEo&NR

Discuss.

If you watch the US 1st, it looks like the episode is all about Sawyer being nearly killed/tortured.
Then watch the Canadian trailor. You see Saywer climbing a hill w/Benry. Look at his chest carefully. I think the torture part is pretty much the first 1/3 of show, and the rest is Benry/Sawyer centric.

ForeverAutumn
10-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Here are 2 promos for next weeks episode. Pay careful attention to the second, as it is from Canadian TV, not US.

US Promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqTFnE0YeEY

Canadian Promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsPwQb9ChEo&NR

Discuss.

If you watch the US 1st, it looks like the episode is all about Sawyer being nearly killed/tortured.
Then watch the Canadian trailor. You see Saywer climbing a hill w/Benry. Look at his chest carefully. I think the torture part is pretty much the first 1/3 of show, and the rest is Benry/Sawyer centric.

It's interesting how the two trailers are so different. I wonder why they do that...have different trailers for different countries.

If you go back and look at Post #17, my sources (which have been right so far) say that Every Man For Himself is Desmond centric. I don't see that from either of these trailers. Hmmmmmm. :confused5:

Groundbeef
10-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Maybe your sources work for THE OTHERS.....cue creepy music.

ForeverAutumn
10-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Speaking of The Others, I've been thinking about something that Benry says to Sawyer in the trailiers....the only way to gain a con man's respect is to con him (or something along those lines).

I think that Sawyer calls them on the truth. He figures out that the camp where Michael was first taken to, Benry being Henry Gale, the labour camp, etc. are all lies. Just a con to make the Losties think that The Others are something that they're not. They conned the con man. Wednesday just can't come fast enough!

ForeverAutumn
10-24-2006, 01:56 PM
If you go back and look at Post #17, my sources (which have been right so far) say that Every Man For Himself is Desmond centric. I don't see that from either of these trailers. Hmmmmmm. :confused5:

I know, it's lame to quote yourself. However...

According to my TV guide, the synopsis of tomorrow's show is,

Sawyer discovers how far his captors will go to thwart his and Kate's escape plans; Jack must scrub up to save an Other's life; Desmond's behavior perplexes the survivors when he starts constructing an unknown device.

So there's potential for a Desmond centric episode after all.

I wonder who Jack is scrubbing up to save.

Kam
10-25-2006, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=ForeverAutumn]I know, it's lame to quote yourself. However...

QUOTE]

i often quote myself, since i read a wise man once say "i often quote myself."

kexodusc
10-25-2006, 10:35 AM
I know, it's lame to quote yourself. However...

i often quote myself, since i read a wise man once say "i often quote myself."

I got a B- on a classics paper back in my first year at university for quoting myself and a friend in my essay. Still bitter about that.

Desmond, I believe, will become more of a central figure this year, similar to Benry. At least I hope. The few glimpses we've had of his character I really like. Intense.

ForeverAutumn
10-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Okay, I should be writing dialogue for this show. Benry puts the bunny on Sawyer's chest (oh what I would give to be that bunny :ihih:) and I say, "what the hell?". Two seconds later Sawyer says, "what the hell?".

And...how the hell did they get on another island? I know that the Others blindfolded them when they were kidnapped (where's Michael BTW?), but wouldn't they have noticed if they were crossing water? Or maybe it's just another con. I'm so confused! :confused5:

kexodusc
10-25-2006, 06:18 PM
2 Islands?

That wasn't part of the map.

Fitting that Sawyer conned his way out of prison...Good show, though the pacemaker trick was obvious...still...it was effective.

ForeverAutumn
10-25-2006, 06:29 PM
I just made a connection that totally freaked me out and has me greatly anticipating next week...

On the Canadian trailer (for which I'll try to find a link to post tomorrow) they showed Locke and a woman who I haven't seen before (new Lostie character?...probably dies). It looked like they were in the hatch that Locke and Ecko found that had the TV screens showing the Swan station. They were looking at the screens which were just showing white noise and, suddenly, they see a man wearing an eye patch on the TV looking back at them. An eye patch you say? Hmmmm. Perhaps the owner of the glass eye that the Tailies found in their hatch? :eek:

It also looks like the Xrays of the back tumour are Benry's. No big surprise there.

Kam
10-25-2006, 07:43 PM
I just made a connection that totally freaked me out and has me greatly anticipating next week...

On the Canadian trailer (for which I'll try to find a link to post tomorrow) they showed Locke and a woman who I haven't seen before (new Lostie character?...probably dies). It looked like they were in the hatch that Locke and Ecko found that had the TV screens showing the Swan station. They were looking at the screens which were just showing white noise and, suddenly, they see a man wearing an eye patch on the TV looking back at them. An eye patch you say? Hmmmm. Perhaps the owner of the glass eye that the Tailies found in their hatch? :eek:

It also looks like the Xrays of the back tumour are Benry's. No big surprise there.

i think that's the same trailer we had here, at least that part of it with the one eyed man. VERY nice connection btw, bringing back the glass eye. wasn't the glass eye in the bible that had the other splice of film of our one armed/two armed twin scientist guy?

and desmond...? mr. future see-er? that was very cool!! whatever that failsafe was protecting them from, desmond went through it... kinda like an event horizon or something and he came back a little off. well... he was always a lil off but now he's more 'off'.

there's something about the two island thingy. might just have been the greenscreen graphics that made it look funny, but just something about that set up... OH, and as sawyer was coming out of his unconsciousness, they mentioned the sky turning purple, and their communications (i think?) getting knocked out. think that was communication with the bookclub community on the lostie's island or communication to something else? and was that a pulp fiction reference with the needle piercing the sternum line?

oh... and another new favorite line from charlie:
"i was building a church before until eko blew up," (what was that line exactly??)

kexodusc
10-26-2006, 05:06 AM
Anyone wanna bet that one eyed dude is somehow Locke's dad or something?
Weird...
I loved the "We need to find him another button to push" line...
So how many weeks of new shows do we have left? I leave for Australia for a few weeks to see my Lostie next Friday...

Groundbeef
10-26-2006, 05:30 AM
Weird...
So how many weeks of new shows do we have left? I leave for Australia for a few weeks to see my Lostie next Friday...

2 more new shows then nothing until January.

GMichael
10-26-2006, 05:37 AM
Did anyone else enjoy seeing Benry getting punched? Or maybe it's just me.

Kam
10-26-2006, 05:41 AM
Weird...

3 i think. that's when the 2 hour series premier of daybreak (the groundhog day formula show) will take over the Lost timeslot till the season starts up again in feb.

btw... on a complete sidenote, in those circuit city commercials that have the song "just what i needed" and that dude sitting on the couch with the laptop in his lap... does he have the creepiest face EVER for supposedly looking at electronics? watch that commercial next time if ya haven't noticed it and check out his expression... he is NOT looking at the circuit city website that's for sure.

ForeverAutumn
10-26-2006, 05:47 AM
I don't like to see anyone get punched. I found this week's show a little too violent from that perspective. I found myself flinching a lot as pain was being inflicted on people.

I agree about the island looking funny. I thought that too. I was watching the water to see whether it was moving, because the picture just looked too still. I also remembered that Jack, Sawyer, and Kate were drugged, so they could have been taken to another island and not realized it. That explains, too, why they never found Othersville in all of their explorations of their island. It doesn't explain, however, how Goodwin could make it to the shore where the Tailies landed in an hour "if you run". It might just be continuity issues, but the geography isn't adding up for me.

kexodusc
10-26-2006, 05:58 AM
I don't like to see anyone get punched. I found this week's show a little too violent from that perspective. I found myself flinching a lot as pain was being inflicted on people.

I agree about the island looking funny. I thought that too. I was watching the water to see whether it was moving, because the picture just looked too still. I also remembered that Jack, Sawyer, and Kate were drugged, so they could have been taken to another island and not realized it. That explains, too, why they never found Othersville in all of their explorations of their island. It doesn't explain, however, how Goodwin could make it to the shore where the Tailies landed in an hour "if you run". It might just be continuity issues, but the geography isn't adding up for me.

Didn't mind the violence - wasn't THAT bad. I'm curious about Sawyer's kid. I'll take odds that we see her later in the series. Nice guy to send his con-money to his little girl Clementine (oh my darling, Clementine, you are Lost and gone forever...)

ForeverAutumn
10-26-2006, 06:05 AM
(oh my darling, Clementine, you are Lost and gone forever...)

LMAO!! :cornut:

topspeed
10-26-2006, 08:06 AM
a woman who I haven't seen before (new Lostie character?...probably dies). :lol: Kinda like Ensign Smith from Star Trek, eh? Boy, I tell ya, if you were new to the crew, the last thing you wanted to do was beam down with Kirk 'cause ya ain't comin' back!

It doesn't explain, however, how Goodwin could make it to the shore where the Tailies landed in an hour "if you run". It might just be continuity issues, but the geography isn't adding up for me. Ah, but who's to say Othersville still isn't on the main island? They could be just staying at the zoo compound while they play mind games with the Losties. The village may still be on the main island and the reason the Losties haven't found it is because:
1) They have only been there a little over 2 months and...
2) They are too afraid to explore the island, what with dinosaurs, Others, and polar bears...Oh my! :yikes:

You have to tip your hat to Benry; he really knows how to screw with your head! My question is whether or not they brought in Jack just in time for Cor to die on the table was planned? Seriously, they know everything about him so they must know about his background too. I dunno. Seemed a little too convenient. It ties into his assertation that he "could care less if I make you feel better or not." (or whatever he said) when talking to the fertility specialist (Who I don't trust. At all. In fact, I'm thinking she's either the real leader or a recently displaced one.)

I loved Jack's line about him being a spinal surgeon and they just happened to have someone with a tumor on their spine. I hope it's not Benry as that's a little too obvious. BTW, when I called Ben "Benry" last night, you should have seen the look my wife gave me. :lol:

Kate's pretty good at head games, too. Does she love Sawyer or not? We found out Sawyer isn't has hardcore as he let's on, so do we now find out Kate isn't as sweet as she let's on. I won't say "innocent" because we already know she is far from that. Still, there's something about her that is very disconcerting. She could have escaped...but doesn't. She get's caught by the Others...again. Has she been compromised? When she was captured the first time before the jungle gathering, did she strike a deal a la' Michael?

Good call, btw, on the glass eye. I never would have remembered that!

Worf101
10-26-2006, 08:12 AM
:. BTW, when I called Ben "Benry" last night, you should have seen the look my wife gave me. :lol:

!

That, without a doubt, is the creepiest thing, I've read in a while.... Urrrgh, it's like calling my kid "Kirk" or "Spock" or sumthin...

Da Worfster

ForeverAutumn
10-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Ah, but who's to say Othersville still isn't on the main island? They could be just staying at the zoo compound while they play mind games with the Losties. The village may still be on the main island and the reason the Losties haven't found it is because:
1) They have only been there a little over 2 months and...
2) They are too afraid to explore the island, what with dinosaurs, Others, and polar bears...Oh my! :yikes:

I thought of that after I posted. Also, there's talk on another site about them having a submarine. Apparently, when Benry interupted Juliet and Jack in the jackquarium (do you like that? I just made it up) he said "the sub is back and there's a problem". I couldn't quite make out what he said, but someone posted that they watched it with closed captions and he said "sub".

You have to tip your hat to Benry; he really knows how to screw with your head! My question is whether or not they brought in Jack just in time for Cor to die on the table was planned?

I wondered that too. I thought that it was just a little too convenient that they happened to have the spinal x-rays up for show when Jack walked in. I also wondered if it's just coincidence that Jack landed on the island at all. And...why do they need Jack if they can leave the island at any time as Benry says?

kexodusc
11-01-2006, 06:31 AM
Okay, so I saw a new (to me at least) preview for this week's show at around 3 am this morning...couldn't sleep so I found myself watchin Seinfeld reruns.
Maybe these guys are teasing me, but it looks to be the best show of season 3 to date -
(Small Spoiler Alert)
especially the brief exchange between Jack and Benry re Benry's tumor...he sounds as if he knows nothing of it...some interesting developments with Eko and Desmond, too...

Can't wait...T - minus 11 hrs and change...

Kam
11-01-2006, 06:47 AM
Okay, so I saw a new (to me at least) preview for this week's show at around 3 am this morning...couldn't sleep so I found myself watchin Seinfeld reruns.
Maybe these guys are teasing me, but it looks to be the best show of season 3 to date -
(Small Spoiler Alert)
especially the brief exchange between Jack and Benry re Benry's tumor...he sounds as if he knows nothing of it...some interesting developments with Eko and Desmond, too...

Can't wait...T - minus 11 hrs and change...

just thought of something... the healing properties of the island. maybe that's the "Why" that benry was referring to when jack asked him why don't you get off this island if you can and he replied, "exactly jack, why?" because OFF the island... that tumor would kill benry, locke would be back in the wheelchair, rose would be dead from cancer, sun couldn't have a kid (if it is jin's), etc. although who would really want to leave the island? aside from the past life that each had, and those lives don't seem to be all that filled with joy, living on the island sure seems like a great alternative than coming back to "our world" and dealing with all the s#it that we deal with. i'd certainly be happy living on an island like that, especially with THAT many hotties on it. really helps guys out with the whole 'only if you were the last guy on earth' type arguments. :D

btw - how'd you do that cryptic lightened text?

kexodusc
11-01-2006, 07:18 AM
just thought of something... the healing properties of the island. maybe that's the "Why" that benry was referring to when jack asked him why don't you get off this island if you can and he replied, "exactly jack, why?" because OFF the island... that tumor would kill benry, locke would be back in the wheelchair, rose would be dead from cancer, sun couldn't have a kid (if it is jin's), etc. although who would really want to leave the island? aside from the past life that each had, and those lives don't seem to be all that filled with joy, living on the island sure seems like a great alternative than coming back to "our world" and dealing with all the s#it that we deal with. i'd certainly be happy living on an island like that, especially with THAT many hotties on it. really helps guys out with the whole 'only if you were the last guy on earth' type arguments. :D

btw - how'd you do that cryptic lightened text?

Huh? oh, uh, I just highlight the text I want, and hit the color drop down menu and the site does the rest...
I still want to know who "He" is...back when Benry said "he'll kill me" if he...starting to wonder if He is manifesting himself in Desmond or something.
And where the bloody hell are Walt and Michael?

Kam
11-01-2006, 07:40 AM
Huh? oh, uh, I just highlight the text I want, and hit the color drop down menu and the site does the rest...
I still want to know who "He" is...back when Benry said "he'll kill me" if he...starting to wonder if He is manifesting himself in Desmond or something.
And where the bloody hell are Walt and Michael?

i wondered about that, and if his big proclamation about "HE'll kill me" was just to throw off the losties to the fact that benry was the head Other. Or if there really is another mastermind behind everything that we haven't yet seen. (my big no-duh moment)
what's that you say? no possible way they could have another character hidden behind the scenes in this show? they must have shown us everything and everyone, right? :)
(speaking of which, whatever happenned to "no-duh"? that kind of dropped out of the pop lexicon pretty quietly. i havent' said 'no-duh' in quite some time now that i think back... ok, done rambling).

kexodusc
11-01-2006, 11:19 AM
i wondered about that, and if his big proclamation about "HE'll kill me" was just to throw off the losties to the fact that benry was the head Other. Or if there really is another mastermind behind everything that we haven't yet seen.
I'd bet my Lost coffee mug there's a "higher up" we haven't been exposed to. Benry's the Others leader, defacto or otherwise, but he's serving a purpose of something greater. Or someone. Everyone's got a boss. Now, I've sort of secretly wondered if he might not have split personalities, and is also the "He" of whom he speaks...but that's getting a bit ahead of ourselves.

(speaking of which, whatever happenned to "no-duh"? that kind of dropped out of the pop lexicon pretty quietly. i havent' said 'no-duh' in quite some time now that i think back... ok, done rambling).
Diminished would be more accurate, there are still some troopers such as yourself who just refuse to let it die. That along with other, classic, timeless verbiage such as "...not!", "talk to the hand..." and "waaassssuuuuup?" continue to endure thanks to fine folks like you. :cornut:

ForeverAutumn
11-01-2006, 03:34 PM
i wondered about that, and if his big proclamation about "HE'll kill me" was just to throw off the losties to the fact that benry was the head Other. Or if there really is another mastermind behind everything that we haven't yet seen. (my big no-duh moment)
what's that you say? no possible way they could have another character hidden behind the scenes in this show? they must have shown us everything and everyone, right? :)

There's LOTS we still don't know. Let's not forget Ms. Widmore and the boys in winterland who phoned her to say that they "found it".

Benry might be the head Other, but I'm willing to bet Kex's Lost coffee mug (where can I get a Lost coffee mug????) that he's not the head honcho.

Kam
11-01-2006, 04:42 PM
not to mention ms. clue and the walt tests. and even the questions raised in the pilot episode that still havent been answered! the dastardly writers!

GMichael
11-01-2006, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=ForeverAutumn] (where can I get a Lost coffee mug????) QUOTE]

At most any college during the last orientation classes this year. I think they were all cashing in on the Lost craze. Don't get LOST. was everywhere. T-shirts, sweaters, mugs, etc.....

ForeverAutumn
11-01-2006, 08:11 PM
They killed Ecko! The Bastards!!!

Kam
11-01-2006, 08:27 PM
They killed Ecko! The Bastards!!!

wow, ok so i really didnt see that one coming.
on a side note... where the heck has this new girl been all this time!? minkey she's a cutie. and i dont like the new guy in the blue shirt, who used the bathroom in the pearl station. he seems like a selfentitled douchebag.

and as another new thought... could the smoke monster have been the Walt apparition that shannon saw? and the boone apparition that locke saw?

kexodusc
11-02-2006, 05:46 AM
on a side note... where the heck has this new girl been all this time!? minkey she's a cutie. and i dont like the new guy in the blue shirt, who used the bathroom in the pearl station. he seems like a selfentitled douchebag.

and as another new thought... could the smoke monster have been the Walt apparition that shannon saw? and the boone apparition that locke saw?

Awwww, man...Eko was one of my favs. That really licks the llamas anus. Gonna miss that big goof. But damn...the way machete-ed up those thugs in the church...the man went out in style...fightin' a big smoke monster - that's how I wanna go.

Sure enough, NEXT week's looks totally awesome...and I'm gonna miss it. Got the PVR set for 3 times so it better capture one of them. I'm off to the the land down under bright and early tomorrow morning...if you don't hear from me in 17 days or so, send a search party....

Worf101
11-02-2006, 05:48 AM
That the writers of this show:

1. Don't have a clue WTF they're gonna do till the week they write the thing..

2. Have no care about the continuity problems the show has.

3. Conspire to kill of every character I care about...

4. Introduced all the taillies so they'd have more folks to murder.

On a separate note. Said is back at the camp but where the hell is Sun and Jin? Hunh?

Da Worfster

GMichael
11-02-2006, 05:56 AM
Did anyone notice Eko's last flashback? He was a kid tossing a ball with his brother. He looked older in that flashback than he did when he was first taken by the gangs. How is that possible? Am I just dreaming?

Kam,

Was that the same girl who was in Rocky & Bullwinkle? Very cute though.

Nope: New girl is Kiele Michelle Sanchez
The girl in rocky was Piper Perabo

Resident Loser
11-02-2006, 06:25 AM
...the apparition of his brother that Ecko saw...also the black-smoke entity? What the heck is that thing...bad karma? Plus early on I thought I saw some smoke in the background, well before Locke and the others found Ecko...

Best part for me was the close-up of Benry when Jack hit him with the x-ray sledgehammer...sweet...

And then of course Father Ecko at the church...sad about him...

I think Desmond is going to prove to be more than we are thus far being led to believe...

And jolly-roger (the eye-patch dude)...Hmmm...Is he the one who gives Benry conniptions?...so he knew he was being watched which means the Pearl hatch is also under surveilliance...the watchers being watched while they are watching the "subjects"...and what has become of the daily logs those pneumatic tubes were upchucking into a pile?

Only one more before that deja vu thing happens...

jimHJJ(...and as an aside Jericho is really getting tedious...)

Resident Loser
11-02-2006, 06:31 AM
Did anyone notice Eko's last flashback? He was a kid tossing a ball with his brother. He looked older in that flashback than he did when he was first taken by the gangs. How is that possible? Am I just dreaming?

...or did we see both of them together, at a better time in their lives, reunited at the Rainbow Bridge?

jimHJJ(...that was my take...)

ForeverAutumn
11-02-2006, 06:46 AM

Remember when I said that the girl from the trailer probably dies? I'm gonna change my bet to the guy. He does, indeed, seem like a real jerk. Interesting thing about both of these new characters...neither of them have names yet.

That's very interesting. If the smoke monster showed itself to Ecko as his brother than why not also be Walt and Boone? That hadn't occured to me. Good theory.

My thoughts on the smoke monster, after this weeks show, it that it definately can transform itself. Ecko faced it as black smoke and in S2 it showed him flashes of his life. We knew that Locke faced it in (I think) S1, but we never learned anything about exactly what he saw. Last night he said that he saw a beautiful bright light. Could this be a heaven and hell reference? Good vs. Evil? We know that Ecko did some pretty bad things in his life and when his brother gives him a chance to confess and repent he refused. Then the black smoke comes and kills him. Would he have lived if he had felt and showed remorse for his actions? Would that have made him "one of the good guys".

The other scene in this weeks show that I think was very important was Benry's comment to Jack... "Two days after I found out that I had a fatal tumour on my spine, a back surgeon falls out of the sky. If that's not proof of god then I don't know what is". At the time that he said it, I thought that he was sincere (damn good acting!!!!!!) and that Jack landing on the island was purely coincidence. But then we see Juliet with her prepared speech and fake video of To Kill a Mockingbird (didn't we also see Sawyer reading this book at one point?) saying that everything Benry says is a lie.

This is what I love about this show. The writers have a way of putting you into the character's head. Just when I think that maybe Benry is just a man scared to die and fighting for survival and I start to feel sorry for him, Juliet comes along and places all that doubt and mistrust back in my head. So...who's to be trusted? Is it all just a good cop/bad cop act to confuse Jack? Is Benry trying to pit Jack against Juliet (she has an uncanny resemblance to your wife), and Juliet trying to pit Jack against Benry (he's lying). All I know is that Benry is the most interesting thing on the show right now and if they kill him, it will be too bad. If I were Jack, I'd believe Juliet. Jack knows that Benry has lied to him before and was damn good at it. But, at this point, he really has no reason to doubt Juliet. Other than keeping him captive, she hasn't lied to him that he's aware of. But it's a tricky scenario for sure.

A couple of great lines from this weeks show...
Benry to Jack: I want you to want to help me.

At first I thought that this was just a great line from Benry, showing Jack that he still has the power of free will to an extent. Don't do it because you have to, do it because you're a good person and you want to. But after seeing Juliet's video, the line took on another meaning. I wonder if Benry knows what's going on, and he's really asking Jack to choose sides. Benry wants Jack to operate on him because Jack wants to help Benry. If he does the operation for any other reason, then he's helping Juliet.

Locke in the Pearl Station: I guess he'll be expecting us. This one made me laugh out loud (and earned a very strange look from Hubby who was in the room but doesn't watch the show regularly). It was akin to Locke's comment..."we're going to have to watch that again". Loved it!!

ForeverAutumn
11-02-2006, 06:52 AM
4. Introduced all the taillies so they'd have more folks to murder.

I'd be watching my back if I were Bernard. He's the last Tailie left.

GMichael
11-02-2006, 07:03 AM
When Lockie took that drug and went into a tent a few weeks back, he had flashes of the airport before they all left. Wasn't Benry one of the security guards at the airport.

Kam
11-02-2006, 07:45 AM
GM - yep he was. he was frisking jack at a security checkpoint in the flashback.

RL - i saw the smoke flash in the trees behind eko as he was making his way towards the plane, before he made it to the water and before his first visions, which is what made me think that the smoke-monster IS the visions that everyone is seeing.

which brings up another thought... so far when we've seen the smoke monster in the shape of the smoke monster, it sounds mechanical and kinda like a printer. could the #'s control the smoke monster?

FA - i am loving this new rift (real or not) within the others and pitting Juliet against Benry with jack being the catalyst. or they could still all be using him for the same purpose.

so which station is left to be found where Mr. Pirate is? We've seen:
1- the swan
2 - the pearl
3 - the medical one
4- the hydra
5 - the tailies hatch
6 - ? we havent seen this one yet right?

So if the glass eye was found in the tailies hatch, could Mr. Pirate have been there the whole time? technically could be any hatch other than The Swan. And speaking of which, if the 'release' is now destroyed, what happens to that build up (magnetic, electro, nuclear, etc, whatever) every 108 minutes? isn't it still happening and still needing to be released or did the failsafe destroy the whole 'build up' that would needed to be released in the first place? in which case... why not just turn the fail safe key and never have to worry about ANYthing building up to be released?

and again, what's with the freakin' commercial so fast! does the show really move that fast or do commercials come more often? i gotta time it, it better not be every 8 minutes....

ForeverAutumn
11-02-2006, 08:23 AM
Those commercials are brutal! We went to a bar to watch the hockey game last night so I watched Lost later. I didn't make note of what time I started watching it, but I figured that after fast forwarding throught the "previously on Lost" bit and the commercials, it felt like I was left with 35 - 40 minutes tops. I should watch it again and time it.

so which station is left to be found where Mr. Pirate is? We've seen:
1- the swan
2 - the pearl
3 - the medical one
4- the hydra
5 - the tailies hatch
6 - ? we havent seen this one yet right?

I assumed that the ? and the pearl were the same, since it was the ? burned into the ground that led Locke and Ecko to the Pearl in the first place.

So if the glass eye was found in the tailies hatch, could Mr. Pirate have been there the whole time? technically could be any hatch other than The Swan.

The Tailies hatch was pretty small. I suppose he could have been hidden behind a wall or something. Or, maybe that fake hatch that Sayid found in the Others fake village (where they took Michael) wasn't fake at all...

It's all very intriguing! "I guess he'll be expecting us".

And speaking of which, if the 'release' is now destroyed, what happens to that build up (magnetic, electro, nuclear, etc, whatever) every 108 minutes? isn't it still happening and still needing to be released or did the failsafe destroy the whole 'build up' that would needed to be released in the first place? in which case... why not just turn the fail safe key and never have to worry about ANYthing building up to be released?

The magnet was surrounded by a concrete casing. Someone was harnessing this magnetic power for some reason. My guess is that the build-up needed to be released from this casing. Once the hatch and the casing was blowed up, there is no longer any build-up to release. As for your question of why not just turn the fail safe key in the first place, I don't think that Desmond knew exactly what would happen if he turned the key. He thought that he was saving the world, remember?

Now, a new thought is forming as I wrote the last paragraph. Could the harnessed magnetic power have been providing some sort of electrical power to Othersville? Two weeks ago they made mention of all of their communication equipment being down. Could that be because they lost their power source when the hatch exploded? They obviously still have electricity, but maybe that was their link to the outside world.

kexodusc
11-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Guys, was it just me, or was Benry a little...I dunno...submissive to Juliet? The whole flash carding Jack thing just isn't sitting well with me. Almost like they're testing his morals...a doctor is obligated to help a patient...he won't kill Benry. He can't.

Maybe I'm way off. But could Juliet be more than she appears to be?

GMichael
11-02-2006, 08:38 AM
GM - yep he was. he was frisking jack at a security checkpoint in the flashback.

So where does he get off saying that a back surgen falling from the sky is proof of a God when he knew ahead of time that Jack was on the plane?

Resident Loser
11-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Guys, was it just me, or was Benry a little...I dunno...submissive to Juliet? The whole flash carding Jack thing just isn't sitting well with me. Almost like they're testing his morals...a doctor is obligated to help a patient...he won't kill Benry. He can't.

...the whole subterranean-homesick-Juliet-bit stinks on ice...perhaps it's some new ruse or at least a way to get back in Benry's good graces...after all, Benry seemed a little more than ticked at her when he thought she deliberately showed Jack the X-rays...

jimHJJ(...cloaks and daggers, such intrigue...)

Kam
11-02-2006, 09:05 AM
So where does he get off saying that a back surgen falling from the sky is proof of a God when he knew ahead of time that Jack was on the plane?

well i think locke's flashback about the airport with boone pushing him around wasnt a real flashback but an imaginary dream sequence or "vision" from the island or whatever he was smoking. showing the relations of different people and stuff, like they showed hurley behind the counter as a tickettaker for Oceanic.

topspeed
11-02-2006, 09:20 AM
I don't trust either Juliet or Benry. With the way Benry plays with your head, there's an excellent chance that he doesn't have a tumor at all, and this whole thing is a set-up to "break down" Jack, just as he said earlier. The Other's always have a plan. Always.

I wonder what the meaning of the viking funeral was? Everyone knew they were going to set it afire. The question is whether or not there is some social significance to be gleaned from the act. There are plenty of ways to dispose of the departed, (buried, cremated, shot out of a photon torpedo...) but a viking funeral is beyond convention.

I can't believe they killed Eko. That sucks. I mean it really, really sucks! He was one of my favorite characters. I did like the closing shot of him walking with his brother as kids again. This was a time when they were both innocent, both without sin, before the world took them on separate paths. Whether or not other's thought Eko was good or bad, I think Eko made it pretty clear that he considered himself bad, justifiably or not. Really, the smoke monster released him of his anguish and returned him to a state of innocence.

We definitely need to see more of this new girl, btw :ihih:

ForeverAutumn
11-02-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm going to have to go back and watch my tape. I don't recall these flashes of Ecko and his brother playing ball or a closing shot of them walking together.

I was flipping channels to get the weather earlier and I saw Ecko on Regis and Kelly so I stopped there. I caught about the last 10 seconds of the interview and they were wishing him luck on his next project which has been in the development stage for 5 years and, I think that I heard them say, he's directing. Don't know what the project is, but it sounds like he may have asked to be written off the show to move ahead with this other project.

ForeverAutumn
11-02-2006, 10:46 AM

Maybe there's more to Jack's back story than we know and there's good reason for Benry and Juliet to question his medical morals. Now wouldn't that be interesting. :ihih:

I'd bet Kam's numbers toque on it.

GMichael
11-02-2006, 11:04 AM
well i think locke's flashback about the airport with boone pushing him around wasnt a real flashback but an imaginary dream sequence or "vision" from the island or whatever he was smoking. showing the relations of different people and stuff, like they showed hurley behind the counter as a tickettaker for Oceanic.

Are you saying that drug induced illusions are not real and don't count? So half my life is a fake?

ForeverAutumn
11-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Only half? :shocked:

Kam
11-02-2006, 12:18 PM
The "Fall" Finale:
"I Do"
Jack makes a decision regarding Ben's offer, Kate feels helpless when it looks like an angry Pickett is going to make good on his threat to kill Sawyer, and Locke discovers a hidden message that may guide him through the next steps of his journey to unlocking the secrets of the island.

Oooooooo i just got chills on that last part.

FA - on the jack's morals issue... i think it'd be a great turn to show the motivation behind his whole character's desire to "fix people" is because of something he did in his past where he either did NOT fix someone when he could have, or done something to deliberately hurt a patient. i wonder with the "i do" reference to the episode who will be the focus? maybe jack pre-marriage? who else is married on the island?
jin-sun, bernard-rose, kate-kam, nikki-kam... i think that's it right? although i'm sure the 'i do' will be another nice red-herring.
:D

ForeverAutumn
11-02-2006, 01:12 PM
One of my favourite Lost sites isn't operating anymore. I wonder what happened?

http://www.lostlinks.net/

Groundbeef
11-02-2006, 02:51 PM
I liked Ecko, and am very suprised that they killed him. At this rate, there had better be another airplane crash to refill the roster.

I have a theory about why he was killed. I have a feeling that the Island is in some way a place to make peace with yourself, or your life. The black cloud is a manifestation of your failings/fears and cause for you to re-think your life.

Ecko felt that he had nothing to be forgivin for. Everything that he did in his life was calculated, and for HIS reasons. "I killed a man to save my brother" "I didn't confess for stealing food because my brother was hungry" "I killed the 3 men in the Church because they were stealing from it" The main theme was that perhaps society felt that he was a sinner and needed forgivness, but he didn't. This is why the island killed him. He would not bow to the greater power, and in fact rejected its "authority".

BTW all the Lost actors are tied to a 5 or 6 season contract. I wonder if ABC buys them out when they are killed. At least they would get a nice fat settlement check!

Kam
11-02-2006, 04:49 PM
I have a theory about why he was killed. I have a feeling that the Island is in some way a place to make peace with yourself, or your life. The black cloud is a manifestation of your failings/fears and cause for you to re-think your life.

Ecko felt that he had nothing to be forgivin for. Everything that he did in his life was calculated, and for HIS reasons. "I killed a man to save my brother" "I didn't confess for stealing food because my brother was hungry" "I killed the 3 men in the Church because they were stealing from it" The main theme was that perhaps society felt that he was a sinner and needed forgivness, but he didn't. This is why the island killed him. He would not bow to the greater power, and in fact rejected its "authority".

so then shouldn't the island have left him alone because he had made peace with his past deeds? if the black cloud is a manifestation of his fears, (i.e that thematic element from the lil boy asking eko if he was a bad man) then he confronted that, and came to terms that he is NOT a bad man, but a good man who has done the things neccessary to survive. he has done bad things, but not as a bad man. so he had passed judgement on himself, and come to peace with his actions.

(just ruminating out loud here)
Now if the island is a greater authority and needs to be appeased regardless of coming to terms with yourself, then that would make sense with the island killing eko. but if the island represents "coming-to-peace-with-yourself", then it should have left him alone. the island can't have it both ways (i think) that the smoke represents coming to peace with yourself, but ONLY if that peace is also in line with the island's version of what IT thinks your peace should be?
in eko's case, the island wants eko to ask forgiveness for sins. Eko doesn't believe he has sinned. so the island kills him?
I think the smoke monster is malevolent in the sense that when you come close to terms with yourself, and perhaps piercing the secret of the island, it takes you out. Didnt the Others (i think? someone remember?) describe the monster as 'the islands defense mechanism'? (in the episode where michael is given back and the line-in-the-sand is drawn about side of the island). the island may not want you to be at peace with yourself, or at least not care about being at peace with yourself as long as you're not a threat to the island. i think when eko became at peace with himself, his next realization was to finish that church that he did still owe his brother. maybe the island didnt want a church built on it. didn't eko have a vision that led him away from building the church in the first place? (am confused).
ok... enough ramblings.

kexodusc
11-02-2006, 05:27 PM
I think it's significant that Eko faced the smoke monster and died, whereas, Locke faced the smoke monster and lived...maybe Locke can control it or contain it...or he frightens it somehow?
Anyone else fight Smokey?

Kam
11-02-2006, 05:58 PM
I think it's significant that Eko faced the smoke monster and died, whereas, Locke faced the smoke monster and lived...maybe Locke can control it or contain it...or he frightens it somehow?
Anyone else fight Smokey?

BUT... eko did face the smoke monster before and lived. this time he died. what changed from that first meeting to now?

Worf101
11-03-2006, 08:43 AM
BUT... eko did face the smoke monster before and lived. this time he died. what changed from that first meeting to now?
The first time Eko faced the cloud he was whole, aware and unafraid. He looked it down, face to face and it left. I think he also hadn't been asked the question yet. He'd asked forgiveness of Benry for killing his people and was trying to live a good life at the time. When he faced it this time he was unrepentant and tired of being judged by others who never imagine the trials he'd faced.

Da Worfster

Kam
11-03-2006, 09:21 AM
The first time Eko faced the cloud he was whole, aware and unafraid. He looked it down, face to face and it left. I think he also hadn't been asked the question yet. He'd asked forgiveness of Benry for killing his people and was trying to live a good life at the time. When he faced it this time he was unrepentant and tired of being judged by others who never imagine the trials he'd faced.

Da Worfster

ok so now i'm flipflopping (maybe) again. At first i thought that Eko was in the same position as before, but you're right, he did ask Benry for forgiveness for killing those Others that first night on the beach. He very well was still within his rights to protect himself and his fellow Tailies, but he still did a bad act (as a good man) and asked for forgiveness for that act. I guess its a nice philosophical debate about asking forgiveness for bad acts even if done with all the best intentions. violence is still violence, even if done to protect yourself, an "evil" is committed and remorse should (i think) be shown. Eko showed remorse and compassion for the evil he had done, understanding that while neccessary, it was still a horrible thing to do(the 40 days of silence). But when confronted about the evil in his past, he wasn't repentant about it. Yes it was probably 100 times more neccessary, he did save his brother's life (for the time being) by taking on the horrors he wanted to save his brother from, but while he had no reason to be ashamed of those acts, there was still reason to be remorsefull for them. maybe that's what the island was trying to tell eko.
although... he did ask forgiveness specifically from who he thought was his brother, just as he specifically asked benry for forgiveness... and the island's response.. 'you don't think you're talking to your brother do you?' (or something to that effect). so... i dunno, maybe i'm flipflopping back again to the island needing to be appeased according to its own morals (if an island can have morals) rather than your own.

or maybe the smoke just felt like killing a dude. who knows.

Kam
11-03-2006, 10:18 AM
One of my favourite Lost sites isn't operating anymore. I wonder what happened?

http://www.lostlinks.net/

holy minkey did you see this:

http://www.lostlinks.net/whispers.htm

This is some unbelievable detail that's gone into this, i had no idea any of that was going on during the sayid-benry interrogation scene. very interesting.

GMichael
11-03-2006, 12:09 PM

This is some unbelievable detail that's gone into this, i had no idea any of that was going on during the sayid-benry interrogation scene. very interesting.

Is all this really going on? What kind of equipment are these nuts using to pull this much detail out of the sound tracks? Are any of our "family nuts" going to confirm some of this on their pro-type-equipment? (hint hint)

Groundbeef
11-03-2006, 03:01 PM
although... he did ask forgiveness specifically from who he thought was his brother, just as he specifically asked benry for forgiveness... and the island's response.. 'you don't think you're talking to your brother do you?' (or something to that effect). so... i dunno, maybe i'm flipflopping back again to the island needing to be appeased according to its own morals (if an island can have morals) rather than your own.

or maybe the smoke just felt like killing a dude. who knows.

I think that he did NOT ask his brother for forgivness. I will give it another watch, but I am sure he specifically (sp) said "I ask for NO forgivness...." and then explained that he was not in need of forgivness for anything that he had done. Then he referenced the killing he did to save his brother, THEN his "brother" asked why he was speaking to him as though he WAS his brother. (This indicated that he was talking to something/one other than his brother).

This is what pissed the island off I think. For whatever reason, I think that it was slighted that he was not bowing to its pressures.

As far as Locke goes, he may have seen the light, but the cloud didn't give him up willingly. Remember, he was being sucked down the hole and Jack or someone threw down either a grenade, or fire and made it release Locke. He may very well have been seeing the light, but I have no doubt that it was going to kill him except for the interference that the others in the group did.

ForeverAutumn
11-03-2006, 03:47 PM

Maybe I need better speakers, but all I can make out is noise. Nothing that even resembles words.

Groundbeef
11-05-2006, 10:52 AM
In reading the Chicago Tribune today, I happend to flip through the "Parade" magazine. Someone asked a quesiton about Lost, and people that have been in trouble with the law.

As we all know, Rodrigiez, and the other gal got busted for DUI and subsequently were killed off. Wouldn't you know it, but Ecko also recently got a ticket in Hawaii for driving without a license, and striking an officer.

See any coincidence w/breaking law, and removal from show? 3 times makes you start to wonder....

Kam
11-08-2006, 07:09 AM
Fall Cliffhanger tonight! woohoo!! then that groundhog-day-with-violence show starts next week.
so i thought of something else, (or maybe i wrote it earlier but am too lazy to go back a page), but where sawyer/jack/kate are is the hydra station. is that one of the stations from the Map in the Swan station? if it is, weren't all those stations on the Lostie's island? or at least appeared to be from that map, all radiating out from the Pearl (?) station... so again leads me to believe something fishy about Benry showing Sawyer the "other" island.

(p.s. just notice! 5 years later i finally pass 1,000 posts! wooho!!)

ForeverAutumn
11-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Congratulations on the big 1000 Kam. I never thought about the map. I'll have to go to those Cube It pages and see if I can dig up a picture of the map again. Good observation!

Kam
11-08-2006, 11:11 AM
paraphrasing from the ny times:
ABC will be showing 30 second nuggets from future episodes of Lost, during the 2 month run of Daybreak until Lost starts up again in february. they won't say when they'll be showing the nuggets so viewers will have to watch the whole show to catch where the 30secs previews will be placed.

to quote the caveman from geico: NOT cool.

Groundbeef
11-08-2006, 11:13 AM
ABC will be showing 30 second nuggets from future episodes of Lost, during the 2 month run of Daybreak until Lost starts up again in february. they won't say when they'll be showing the nuggets so viewers will have to watch the whole show to catch where the 30secs previews will be placed.

I'll let someone else watch them, and post them on YouTube. Much easier. I have no desire to watch Groundhog Day, the series.

ForeverAutumn
11-08-2006, 12:43 PM

If you go onto the ABC web site each week, they show a 30 sec preview of the next show. Personally, I'd rather not watch them. They're like little spoilers. I'd rather wait and see the whole show at once. Part of the fun of watching Lost is the anticipation.

Groundbeef
11-08-2006, 01:17 PM
If you go onto the ABC web site each week, they show a 30 sec preview of the next show. Personally, I'd rather not watch them. They're like little spoilers. I'd rather wait and see the whole show at once. Part of the fun of watching Lost is the anticipation.

I disagree, but its just me. I like the little promos, LOST is very good at giving a promo that really doesn't give away the farm. Its not like a movie promo where they give all the best lines in a comedy or such.

Now, I would agree that if they are giving 30 sec of next season, each show, then you are talking about 10 minutes of a show (20 episodes of Groundhog day the series x 30 sec promo)

If each promo is new, then I wouldn't want to see them as it would be impossible to give away spoilers.

ForeverAutumn
11-08-2006, 07:06 PM
What did Sawyer ask Kate when they were lying in the cage together? He said, "Can I ask you a question Freckles", then some stupid weather warning interupted and I lost audio. The next thing that I heard was him telling her that he loved her too. What was the question??

GMichael
11-09-2006, 06:20 AM
He asked about when she said she loved him. "Did you really mean that, or did you just say it to stop them from killing me?" She didn't answer, but kissed him.

I was gonna say something stupid to be funny. But I was afraid that you'd hunt me down and skin me alive.

Worf101
11-09-2006, 07:23 AM
He asked about when she said she loved him. "Did you really mean that, or did you just say it to stop them from killing me?" She didn't answer, but kissed him.

I was gonna say something stupid to be funny. But I was afraid that you'd hunt me down and skin me alive.
Gutlles Puddy Kat. Say it... man say it. LOL. I was "underwhelmed" by this whole mini season. The only suspense on the show now is, "who's gonna buy the farm today". That's not suspense or mystery that's clay pigeons. Sorry, not feelin' it.

Da Worfster

Kam
11-09-2006, 07:29 AM
by the way... who in the hey is jacob?????????????

i think it was the guy who wants to kill sawyer who said it, or someone, that yelled into the intercom, about jack, "He wasn't even on Jacob's list!"

intriguing....

GMichael
11-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Gutlles Puddy Kat. Say it... man say it. , not feelin' it.

Da Worfster

I was gonna say something along the lines of, "Would you give me a slurpy?"
But knowing how serious FA is about this show, I was frightened. Normally nothing scares me. But teasing an obsessed woman can be a dangerous thing, with a very long memory.

ForeverAutumn
11-09-2006, 07:58 AM
Gutlles Puddy Kat. Say it... man say it. LOL. I was "underwhelmed" by this whole mini season. The only suspense on the show now is, "who's gonna buy the farm today". That's not suspense or mystery that's clay pigeons. Sorry, not feelin' it.

Da Worfster

I tend to agree with you there Worf. The first five minutes of E1, when I realized that the nice little community that I was watching was Othersville was anticlimatic. Nothing that followed quite lived up to that one Holy Sh!t! moment.

As for last night...if Juliet was telling the truth about wanting Jack to kill Benry, then why would Jack threaten to kill Benry to give Sawyer and Kate time to run? That's, apparently, what they want, so why would they care? Unless Juliet was just trying to use reverse psychology on Jack and he figure it out....tell Jack that they want Benry dead (when they really don't) so that he works extra hard to save Benry just to give them all the proverbial finger.

As for the cliffhanger? Meh. I've seen better.

And about Kate and Sawyer doing "it", there wasn't nearly enough Sawyer nudity. :(

But...as Kam pointed out...who is Jacob?
And...what was that statement on Eco's Jesus stick all about. Point your eyes up and look North or something like that.

P.S. Thanks Mike for filling in that blank for me. I could have killed whoever decided that a fog alert in Erie County was more important than Lost. If you're at home watching TV, why do you care if it's foggy outside? :incazzato:

ForeverAutumn
11-09-2006, 08:02 AM
I was gonna say something along the lines of, "Would you give me a slurpy?"
But knowing how serious FA is about this show, I was frightened. Normally nothing scares me. But teasing an obsessed woman can be a dangerous thing, with a very long memory.

You were right to be afraid. :devil:

GMichael
11-09-2006, 08:30 AM
You were right to be afraid. :devil:

That's all I needed. An obsessed killer polar bear, stalking my little, big eared, black bear pup.

topspeed
11-09-2006, 09:23 AM
I'm with Worf, this pre-season was merely passable. :Yawn: There weren't any moments that had you asking "WTH?!?"

Best line of the night:
Ben - "I'm disappointed in you Jack."
Jack - "At least you won't be disappointed for very long."

When Jack told Ben he wanted off the Island, to which Ben said, "Done," did anyone else realize Ben could keep his word by simply dropping Jack on the other island where they crashed? It would be slimey, but he wouldn't be going back on his word, would he?

Kate's backstory was kinda boring. I'm curious as to why she has this uncontrollable urge to run. The FBI didn't know where she was, she hung up before they could trace the call. Plus, if she's going to marry anybody in the whole world, why pick a cop? It didn't really give you any usuable information. The first season's backstories usually tied the Losties together in some way, such as Locke being the home inspector for Sayid's wife/girlfriend/escaped prisoner. That was the cool stuff from S1, and it's been sorely missing for quite a while now. Just think, they could have linked Eko's drug ties to Locke's in some manner. What a missed opportunity! :nonod:

Worf101
11-09-2006, 10:29 AM
The cop's face was puzzling me till I realised that the last time I saw it it was sitting atop a Browncoat and piloting "The Serenity" throughout the known...

Da Worfster

GMichael
11-09-2006, 10:58 AM
The cop's face was puzzling me till I realised that the last time I saw it it was sitting atop a Browncoat and piloting "The Serenity" throughout the known...

Da Worfster

Noticed right off. I yelled to my honey, "look who it is!" "Where's the rest of his crew?" Although I have seen a few of his crew here and there on other shows.

Kam
11-09-2006, 11:06 AM

Da Worfster

was pysched to see him on the show!! that was very cool. i haven't watched it, but Zoe is on that hostage negotiator show, Wash has been on CSI a bunch of times, Inara's been on SG1, Jayne is going to be on the Groundhog-with-violence Tv show... if only firefly had stayed on.. *sigh*... i've watched that boxset over and over quite a few times, it's a very re-watchable show. but glad that Cap't Reynold's is on lost!

hoping now that they'll have more of him and reveal kate's backstory with him in further detail. maybe something along the lines of desmond's sugarmomma, Malcolm has been searching for Kate all this time. although, would be cool if they had Reaver's land on the island and have both the losties and others and dharma and monster all have to band together to fight the reavers... on second thought, that's a horrible idea.

GMichael
11-09-2006, 11:22 AM
would be cool if they had Reaver's land on the island and have both the losties and others and dharma and monster all have to band together to fight the reavers... .

What? No Borg? But River Tam would make a great character to find. Maybe the Others have her locked up in a back room and that's how they keep getting all their information.

ForeverAutumn
11-09-2006, 03:23 PM
When Jack told Ben he wanted off the Island, to which Ben said, "Done," did anyone else realize Ben could keep his word by simply dropping Jack on the other island where they crashed? It would be slimey, but he wouldn't be going back on his word, would he?

Yeah, I caught that. The whole time they've been talking about being let go...wanting off the island, etc. No-one has ever said, "I want to go HOME. And I mean pre-plane crash home, not back to the beach home". Well, no-one except Michael that is. Where is Michael? Will we see him again, or are we just to assume that he made it safely off the island and back to the real world?

Since the viewer is to be part of the island experience, it would be kinda cool to just never find out where he is. Just like Jack and his crew really would have no idea. He's just gone.

Kam
11-15-2006, 10:33 AM
so no Lost tonight. sucks major Dharma-butt. no Lost till february!!! and we get this groundhog-day-with-violence show instead. so i might check it out.... see what the lil Lost morsel is they throw in...
i can understand the motivation behind introducing this new show in this time slot, kind of like sandwiching new shows inbetween friends and seinfeld back in the day and getting them rather immediate traction, but wouldn't the average Lost fan already know to do something else with their wed nights from now till feb? Unless they just are hoping to attract the casual watcher (if Lost has any such watchers) who might be looking for lost and stumble onto GDWV.
does anyone have holdover-tv-watching habits? when lost is over, i don't stick around for The Nine, when i'm done watching my wifey#1 Eva on sundays, i don't stick around for Brothers and Sisters.... when any show is over, i don't stick around for whatever follows it just because i happen to be on the same channel.

ForeverAutumn
11-15-2006, 11:47 AM
I just feel so empty today...like a piece of my heart is missing. :sad:

ForeverAutumn
11-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Don't complain about the break Kam. It's better than watching reruns every two weeks.

Will I watch GDWV? Probably not. If I'm not doing anything else tonight and there's nothing better on the tube, then I might tune into it to check it out, but I'm not planning my day around it. And I'd actually rather not see the Lost tidbits.

As for, what did you call it?, oh yeah, holdover TV. Nah. I watched the first episode of The Nine. Decided it had no future and never watched it again. The same with that wacky hurricane show from last year who's name I can't even remember now. And after Desperate Houseflies on Sunday, we switch over to Six Feet Under. We're on the last season here in Canada with only two episodes left...SO DON'T TELL ME HOW IT ENDS BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA. Although I probably would watch Brother and Sisters if I weren't watching SFU. I've never seen it but it has a great cast.

topspeed
11-15-2006, 12:39 PM
I never watch the next show either, Kam. I watched the first ep of The Nine and was bored out of my skull. No thanks. I'd rather watch a Tivo'd episode of American Chopper, Rides, or whatever is on Discovery. My other favorite show, Boston Legal, has been gone for the past two weeks as well and I'm starting to get p****d :mad5: ! There simply isn't very much on broadcast TV that is good. I don't even watch Eva anymore because the storyline was getting too silly. I know that's the point, but I can only stand so much.

When does 24 start again?

Kam
11-15-2006, 01:12 PM
I never watch the next show either, Kam. I watched the first ep of The Nine and was bored out of my skull. No thanks. I'd rather watch a Tivo'd episode of American Chopper, Rides, or whatever is on Discovery. My other favorite show, Boston Legal, has been gone for the past two weeks as well and I'm starting to get p****d :mad5: ! There simply isn't very much on broadcast TV that is good. I don't even watch Eva anymore because the storyline was getting too silly. I know that's the point, but I can only stand so much.

When does 24 start again?

the 24 programmers set it up so their season starts late, (i think in january) but then runs straight through so that the season finale still ends in the may sweeps like everyone else. 24 just doesn't take advantage of the fall sweeps section like Lost does, and that's why they have this split of 6 now, 18 later, versus 24's doing 24 straight and just starting the season later.

i watched that first episode of The Nine as well, or tried to, and just couldnt make it through, so i guess i gave it the benefit of the doubt and heldover a little after Lost, but... after having just watched Lost, it's a tough act to follow.

ForeverAutumn
11-16-2006, 08:18 PM
No new posts today. I'm guessing that means that no-one watched Groundhog Day. Or...that anyone who did watch it decided that it wasn't post-worthy.

Worf101
11-17-2006, 05:59 AM
And after Desperate Houseflies on Sunday, we switch over to Six Feet Under. We're on the last season here in Canada with only two episodes left...SO DON'T TELL ME HOW IT ENDS BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA. Although I probably would watch Brother and Sisters if I weren't watching SFU. I've never seen it but it has a great cast.

I gotta hint for yeah... In the last episode of SFU.....

wait for it....

somebody dies.....

Da Worfster

GMichael
11-17-2006, 06:02 AM

wait for it....

somebody dies.....

Da Worfster

Oh man... Now there's no reason for me to watch. Can't believe you spilled the beans like this.

Tishk....!

ForeverAutumn
11-17-2006, 06:05 AM

wait for it....

somebody dies.....

Da Worfster

LOL. Very funny, wise guy. I worked so hard to avoid all the hype when SFU really ended, that I was shocked when Nate died. I had no idea....honestly.

Worf101
11-17-2006, 06:26 AM
LOL. Very funny, wise guy. I worked so hard to avoid all the hype when SFU really ended, that I was shocked when Nate died. I had no idea....honestly.
My fave line is when Nates ole lady tells the woman who shagged him into oblivion...

"Don't think he loved you or that you shared something... You're just someone he used to forget how big an ******* he is for a while."

Ouch....

Da Worfster

Kam
11-17-2006, 07:18 AM
No new posts today. I'm guessing that means that no-one watched Groundhog Day. Or...that anyone who did watch it decided that it wasn't post-worthy.

i watched through the first two commercial breaks, then saw the lost "tidbit" scene they had after the first hour. it was charlie confronting desmond, nothing big, i think they showed it in the preview at the end of the fall season finale.

GDWV on the other hand was quite dull. i dont know if the formula works without the lightheartedness that was in the original premise. and i think the original worked because the entire movie was the 'inciting incident'. they never gave a reason as to why THIS day began over and over again, there was no magic cookie, spell cast on him, etc. he just kept waking up to get this one day right. this GDWV is loaded with all sorts of weird stuff that implies someone with supernatural goings-on throughout the whole thing. Very butterfly-effect-ish. (the concept, not the movie). BUT.... just means wednesdays are free till february.

kexodusc
11-20-2006, 05:28 AM
Well, I'm back from down under...and aside from a scare over the pacific that saw the emergency sirens go off and ligths start flashing in the plane (I kid you not - turned out to be bad turbulence from a storm that eventually re-routed a few dozen other flights - a part of me was kinda hoping we'd go down cause I was a Fusie and liked my chances), I didn't see any weird islands or anything.
My PVR crapped out on me before that Wednesday so it didn't get Lost, Prison Break, and a few other recordings I programmed, but thank goodness for Bit Torrent!

I'm with y'all. So far, Season 3 is lackluster. But I recall Season 2's first few shows were rather slow and dull as well until things picked up a bit later with Benry, so I'm not too worried. Personally, I want more Charlie and Claire, Sun and Jin, Hurley and Sayid...not enough of them this season so far.

I'm with Topspeed, the first thing I thought when Jack said "I want of this Island" and Benry gave him that weird look was that they'd screw him over invoking the 2nd island clause. But that seems like too obvious a teaser for this show. 99% of my predictions have failed so I'm guessing this one does too.

So the only WTF moments so far are Eko dying, Locke reading the Jesus stick, and Sawyer realizing he's on Son of Island. It can only get better, methinks.

By the way, if y'all haven't been to Australia, ya've gotta go. Wonderful place.

Kam
11-20-2006, 06:44 AM
Well, I'm back from down under...and aside from a scare over the pacific that saw the emergency sirens go off and ligths start flashing in the plane (I kid you not - turned out to be bad turbulence from a storm that eventually re-routed a few dozen other flights - a part of me was kinda hoping we'd go down cause I was a Fusie and liked my chances), I didn't see any weird islands or anything.
My PVR crapped out on me before that Wednesday so it didn't get Lost, Prison Break, and a few other recordings I programmed, but thank goodness for Bit Torrent!

I'm with y'all. So far, Season 3 is lackluster. But I recall Season 2's first few shows were rather slow and dull as well until things picked up a bit later with Benry, so I'm not too worried. Personally, I want more Charlie and Claire, Sun and Jin, Hurley and Sayid...not enough of them this season so far.

I'm with Topspeed, the first thing I thought when Jack said "I want of this Island" and Benry gave him that weird look was that they'd screw him over invoking the 2nd island clause. But that seems like too obvious a teaser for this show. 99% of my predictions have failed so I'm guessing this one does too.

So the only WTF moments so far are Eko dying, Locke reading the Jesus stick, and Sawyer realizing he's on Son of Island. It can only get better, methinks.

By the way, if y'all haven't been to Australia, ya've gotta go. Wonderful place.

welcome back! glad to hear you had some safe travels. i've heard nothing but great things bout australia. did you get a didgerydo? that's gotta be one of the funner words to say.

kexodusc
11-20-2006, 08:14 AM
welcome back! glad to hear you had some safe travels. i've heard nothing but great things bout australia. did you get a didgerydo? that's gotta be one of the funner words to say.
Thanks, Kam.
Yeah we got a didgerydoo thing but only a half-assed 3 foot tall one instead of the 6 footers cause I couldn't fit in my bags and already had to ship a bunch of other crap back.
Now I gotta learn how to play it...

Kam
11-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Thanks, Kam.
Yeah we got a didgerydoo thing but only a half-assed 3 foot tall one instead of the 6 footers cause I couldn't fit in my bags and already had to ship a bunch of other crap back.
Now I gotta learn how to play it...

ya know... you could just take a knife and carve scripture and strange sayings on it and carry it around as your 'eko stick' :)

ForeverAutumn
11-23-2006, 06:08 AM
a part of me was kinda hoping we'd go down cause I was a Fusie and liked my chances

LMAO!!! That's beautiful.

Welcome back Kex. I'm glad that you had a safe journey. Australia is definately on my things to do/places to go before I die list.

Kam
11-27-2006, 05:41 AM
wednesdays seriously suck now.

GMichael
11-27-2006, 06:48 AM
I don't mind the Ground Hog Day With Violence show. It's not the greatest but I enjoy seeing Jayne again.

kexodusc
12-06-2006, 06:33 AM
They're moving Lost back an hour in Feb.
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/06/television.abc.reut/index.html
Damn.
I don't think these guys appreciate how bloody cold it is in Atlantic Canada in February at 11 PM AST!!!
Ugh. Now I gotta find something to do for a whole other hour Wednesday nights.

This ain't cool. Ain't cool.

ForeverAutumn
12-06-2006, 07:03 AM
They're moving Lost back an hour in Feb.
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/06/television.abc.reut/index.html
Damn.
I don't think these guys appreciate how bloody cold it is in Atlantic Canada in February at 11 PM AST!!!
Ugh. Now I gotta find something to do for a whole other hour Wednesday nights.

This ain't cool. Ain't cool.

Kex, is Lost also shown on a Canadian channel in NB? If so, check what the Canadian network is doing. In Ontario, Idol and Lost are shown on the same Canadian channel. Lost has never gone up against Idol. The Canadian channel runs it BEFORE Idol. I've always been able to watch Lost at 8:00 on the Canadian network or 9:00 on ABC.

kexodusc
12-06-2006, 07:22 AM
Kex, is Lost also shown on a Canadian channel in NB? If so, check what the Canadian network is doing. In Ontario, Idol and Lost are shown on the same Canadian channel. Lost has never gone up against Idol. The Canadian channel runs it BEFORE Idol. I've always been able to watch Lost at 8:00 on the Canadian network or 9:00 on ABC.

Yeah, CTV national plays it in HD earlier..but it's got that damn annoying Station Logo in the corner...It drives me nuts. Seriously. Man, I've got some soul-searching to do now...difficult decision to make....

ForeverAutumn
12-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Yeah, CTV national plays it in HD earlier..but it's got that damn annoying Station Logo in the corner...It drives me nuts. Seriously. Man, I've got some soul-searching to do now...difficult decision to make....

Really? Which Station? Swan? Pearl? ...not Hydra!? :yikes:

topspeed
12-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Welcome back, Kex! You didn't happen to bring Lexie back with ya, didja? I'm bored and need the entertainment.

GMichael
12-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Welcome back, Kex! You didn't happen to bring Lexie back with ya, didja? I'm bored and need the entertainment.

Why, WHY WHY WHY do YOU people KEEP picking on a NORMAL guy who just HAPPENED to live with HIS parents? He NEVER bothered ME. Once in a WHILE he would ask a SIMPLE question and EVERYONE would HAVE to jump ALL over HIM. It JUST wasn't FAIR. He had to deal with DOGS BARKING during his movies. And those SUCKIE DD tracks didn't help, AT ALL! His professionally installed Onkyo was BETTER than anything any of YOU are listening to, so just SAVE IT for someone who CARES. If you had TAKEN your MEDS today you wouldn't be SAYING anything so STUPID. You're just F'n JEALOUS because YOU couldn't write (or copy & paste) as WELL as HE could.

kexodusc
12-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Seriously guys....I had just about wiped him from my long term memory and then GM comes along and induced flashback...
Sigh...back to therapy...

GMichael
12-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Seriously guys....I had just about wiped him from my long term memory and then GM comes along and induced flashback...
Sigh...back to therapy...

Got your meds?

Kam
01-11-2007, 01:08 PM
alright this layoff is killing me. i've actually gotten used to wednesday's being meaningless and in less than a month i gotta get back into the Lost groove of things. i think i'm gonna watch some of season 2 to get me back into the mix... i've really felt kinda lost (wink wink nudge nudge) having not seen the show in such a long time.... its kinda pulled me out of the whole groove and drama and flow of the season.

ForeverAutumn
01-11-2007, 01:20 PM
I know what you mean. One of the channels high up the dial is showing S3 reruns on Wednesday night. I tend to forget that it's on 'cause it's too high up the dial for the TV guide to list it, but when I remember...I watch it.

kexodusc
01-12-2007, 06:09 AM
My wife is back from Australia (whew) so we've taken it upon ourselves to watch Season 2 and Season 3, episodes 1-6 again.
It's amazing how many things in Season 3 I totally missed/forgot.

Dying to know how Michael and Walt are doin'...

Kam
01-12-2007, 07:38 AM
i wonder if they'll start the last few repeats of this season to ramp up the interest/story again but i haven't seen on the schedule if any Lost repeats are coming up next week. guess they figured nutjobs like me will just get excited themselves haha.

ForeverAutumn
01-18-2007, 07:29 AM
Finally! It looks like Lost will run like 24 next season. Straight though...no breaks or reruns.

Oh yeah, and the writer's are mapping out the ending. They'd better start answering some questions is what they'd better start doing.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070115/ENT/70115009

GMichael
01-18-2007, 07:41 AM
And so, it begins.... again.

Bring on the answers and I told ya so's.

kexodusc
01-18-2007, 08:42 AM
I think the writers could throw together 22 shows of Sawyer and Jack playing chess on the beach while Hurley sneaks peanut butter from a Dharma station, and I'd still be hooked. The show is about the characters for me as much as it is the plot/weirdness. Rewatching Season 1 and 2, I felt they all went a bit slow after the the second episode, but picked up nicely by 9 and 10. The first 6 episodes haven't been the most thrilling, but I like where they took us (Othersville) and the twists we found - Desmond's clairvoyance, Ben's tumor, the 2nd island, etc. I think this is all a setup for something fantastic.

Lost is like pizza, even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

Kam
01-18-2007, 08:44 AM
............... ending.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo!

ForeverAutumn
01-18-2007, 08:48 AM
I think the writers could throw together 22 shows of Sawyer and Jack playing chess on the beach... and I'd still be hooked.

With that tropical sun beating down, they'd get hot and have to take off their shirts. Oh yeah, I could watch that forever. :ihih:

kexodusc
01-18-2007, 08:55 AM
With that tropical sun beating down, they'd get hot and have to take off their shirts. Oh yeah, I could watch that forever. :ihih:
Uhh...err...that's not what I meant....:eek6:

GMichael
01-18-2007, 09:01 AM

Will Kate be there?

Kam
01-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Will Kate be there?

with eva and jessica? (.....as long as we're hypothesizing)

GMichael
01-18-2007, 09:16 AM
with eva and jessica? (.....as long as we're hypothesizing)

I'd have a hard time seeing Kate with Eva and my baby there.

Kam
01-18-2007, 09:36 AM
I'd have a hard time seeing Kate with Eva and my baby there.
oh i figured you could join kate with the jack/sawyer chess game, and i'd happily occupy the mrs. kams'. :D

GMichael
01-18-2007, 09:43 AM
oh i figured you could join kate with the jack/sawyer chess game, and i'd happily occupy the mrs. kams'. :D

I'll just be watching this time. Be good to my two babes.

Worf101
01-18-2007, 11:07 AM
The secons "silly season" is almost upon us. Sigh... abandone hope all ye that enter here...

Da Worfster :17:

ForeverAutumn
01-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Will Kate be there?

NO! :nono:

But Jin and Sayid will be. :yesnod:

GMichael
01-18-2007, 01:08 PM
NO! :nono:

But Jin and Sayid will be. :yesnod:

Will you be there?

GMichael
01-31-2007, 08:37 AM
Another Wednesday rolls by without a new episode of Lost. How to kill another week?

At least we have next week to look forward to. 2 episodes right? "Lost Survivor Guide" and "Not in Portland" .
Taken from our local cable companies website;
First is - Oceanic Flight 815 survivors' lives; more secrets of the island.
Second is - The fate of an Other rests in Jack's hands; Kate and Sawyer find an ally in one of the Others; Juliet's decision could endanger her standing with her people.

Come on Kam, FA and others (no pun), spill some more info for next week.

Are we sticking to this thread or is Kam starting a new one? This is still technically the same season right?

Kam
01-31-2007, 08:55 AM
Another Wednesday rolls by without a new episode of Lost. How to kill another week?

At least we have next week to look forward to. 2 episodes right? "Lost Survivor Guide" and "Not in Portland" .
Taken from our local cable companies website;
First is - Oceanic Flight 815 survivors' lives; more secrets of the island.
Second is - The fate of an Other rests in Jack's hands; Kate and Sawyer find an ally in one of the Others; Juliet's decision could endanger her standing with her people.

Come on Kam, FA and others (no pun), spill some more info for next week.

Are we sticking to this thread or is Kam starting a new one? This is still technically the same season right?

yeah this is still season 3!
i remember reading a lil while back, i think someone might have the post to it, that the writers are wrapping up the story and figuring out how to end things. i think its only going to be one or 2 more seasons right? that the story will have an ending after season 5?

although i also read they wont be doing this split season crap again and have a more unified season like 24. the season really has lost all momentum (haha, get it... lost momentum? haha, i'm a doof) and i think 24 is a much better programming schedule. speaking of which, those upstarts on the 24 thread have been doing a lot of work! next weds won't ocme fast enough and we can get this thread rocking again.

kexodusc
01-31-2007, 10:20 AM
speaking of which, those upstarts on the 24 thread have been doing a lot of work! next weds won't ocme fast enough and we can get this thread rocking again.
I agree...I had to go back and watch the shows again to remember what happened...I liked the repeat-episode every 2 weeks formula last year better than the 3 month hiatus.

PS....Jack Bauer could get off the Lost island in 24 hours.

ForeverAutumn
01-31-2007, 10:44 AM

DUH! I could have written that one. The fate = Benry. The ally = Alex. Juliet's decision...well...okay that one isn't as obvious. Although the commercial has her telling other Others to bring back Sawyer and Kate and "kill them if you have to". They're pretty peaceful wackos so that order might create some tension.

Two epi's huh? I didn't know that. I'll have to check my listings.

Hubby and I are planning on a big TV purchase this month (minimum 40", more likely 50"). I told him last night that we need to buy it and have it set up before Wednesday. :thumbsup: I don't think that's likely to happen though. :(

I'm looking forward to seeing what's been going on back at the beach. I can't believe that they've all just been sitting around waiting for Jack et al to return. There's some rescue planning going on. You can bet on that.

ForeverAutumn
02-06-2007, 05:16 AM
ONLY ONE MORE SLEEP!!!!!!

I'm so used to having my Wednesay nights free that, goofy me, made dinner plans for tomorrow night. It's a good thing that Lost's been bumped to 10:00!

kexodusc
02-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Yep...
My prediction: This week will be both wicked and awesome!

GMichael
02-06-2007, 07:53 AM
OO OOO Time to set the DVR!

ForeverAutumn
02-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Yep...
My prediction: This week will be both wicked and awesome!

Hey Kex, I noticed that it's 10:00 on ABC, but earlier on CFTO. I was going to watch the early timeslot until I remembered my dinner plans. Just thought I'd mention that, since I know that you weren't happy about the time change.

So, apparently, tomorrow night is going to be Juliet's back story. I'm very interested in learning more about her. She's my new favourite character. Although Benry is still my favourite actor, he's lost a little bit of his edge now he's out of the hatch. Juliet, however, is a conundrum.

She comes off all pretty and sweet and wanting to be Jack's new BFF. But deep down I think that she's more hard core than Benry is. My prediction is that Juliet is going to become much more important to the story line than Benry (who I hope they don't kill off). He's going to turn out to be her pawn. My guess...he won't realize until it's too late that he's been her pawn all along. He thinks he's in charge but, really, she is.

kexodusc
02-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Hey Kex, I noticed that it's 10:00 on ABC, but earlier on CFTO. I was going to watch the early timeslot until I remembered my dinner plans. Just thought I'd mention that, since I know that you weren't happy about the time change.
Yeah, big hockey game tomorrow night too...could be PVR'ing it until I get home.

My guess...he won't realize until it's too late that he's been her pawn all along. He thinks he's in charge but, really, she is.
Sounds like my marriage...

Groundbeef
02-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Sounds like my marriage...

Isn't that like any marriage? Oh, gotta go, I heard the dryer bell...wife hates it when I leave clothes in and they get all wrinkly...

GMichael
02-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Isn't that like any marriage? Oh, gotta go, I heard the dryer bell...wife hates it when I leave clothes in and they get all wrinkly...

Good point.
Bought my wifey the top of the line washer & drier so they don't get all wrinkly as well. Oh, so much for my new speaker fund.

Kam
02-07-2007, 08:32 AM
2/7/07 couldn't get here fast enough!!
woo hoo!!!!

ForeverAutumn
02-07-2007, 08:51 AM
2/7/07 couldn't get here fast enough!!
woo hoo!!!!

It's funny, back in October, Feb. 7 seemed like forever. I can't believe it's already here.

I've been seeing lots of previews for tonight on TV, and each one releases another little gem. For instance, I kept seeing one trailer that showed Juliet instructing to "kill them if you have to". But then, last night, I saw one where she told Jack that she was going to help his friends escape.

New prediction. In line with my prediction of yesterday. We've all been led to believe that Benry is a bad guy. I think that we'll find out that Juliet is bad and that Benry is actually one of the good guys (like he claimed in S2).

He'll find out somehow that Juliet doesn't have his back, like he thinks she does, and he'll end up turning on her and somehow helping the Losties.

Kam
02-07-2007, 09:48 AM
It's funny, back in October, Feb. 7 seemed like forever. I can't believe it's already here.

I've been seeing lots of previews for tonight on TV, and each one releases another little gem. For instance, I kept seeing one trailer that showed Juliet instructing to "kill them if you have to". But then, last night, I saw one where she told Jack that she was going to help his friends escape.

New prediction. In line with my prediction of yesterday. We've all been led to believe that Benry is a bad guy. I think that we'll find out that Juliet is bad and that Benry is actually one of the good guys (like he claimed in S2).

He'll find out somehow that Juliet doesn't have his back, like he thinks she does, and he'll end up turning on her and somehow helping the Losties.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20010504,00.html

i'm officially on a countdown to 10pm!! keep a sharp eye out for that anagram!!

GMichael
02-07-2007, 10:09 AM
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20010504,00.html

i'm officially on a countdown to 10pm!! keep a sharp eye out for that anagram!!

CUSE: And honestly, we're never going to tell you why the French lady has a Yugoslavian accent.

That's it! No use watching anymore then.

ForeverAutumn
02-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Whether or not you learn more about it will depend on how obsessive you are. If you enjoy recording the program and studying individual frames, you might. But really, is that healthy?

LMAO!!!!

ForeverAutumn
02-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Oh my! How very A Clockwork Orange!

I'm gonna need to watch that again. :wink5:

kexodusc
02-08-2007, 04:34 AM
Oh my! How very A Clockwork Orange!

I'm gonna need to watch that again. :wink5:
What in the blue hell was all that psychobabble that Karl was being subjected to?
Weird, wild stuff. Was there a message in all the writings on the screen? I frame-by-framed it when it was on but it just seemed like useless brainswash drivel to me.

Sooooo...where do we go frome here?

Kam
02-08-2007, 07:16 AM
What in the blue hell was all that psychobabble that Karl was being subjected to?
Weird, wild stuff. Was there a message in all the writings on the screen? I frame-by-framed it when it was on but it just seemed like useless brainswash drivel to me.

Sooooo...where do we go frome here?

was there a 9/11 reference in there?
(http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20008861,00.html) point #4
Julia said she'd been on the island, how long? 3 years, some months, some days... it is supposedly november to december 2004... which would mean she'd left whereever she was with ethan and the dude from suddenly susan (who was also really good in smokin' aces) for the island around 9/11/01?

i gotta find that cubit blog again with all the screenshots. there's supposed to be some more easter eggs in there that reveal more info about the adam + eve skeletons jack and kate had found. i'm guessing there's a LOT o' info snuck into that little slide show karl was being clockwork oranged into watching.
i also caught the "jacob" name splashed on one of the screens of the slideshow, as part, i think, of a quote (biblical i would guess).

so now, along with these healing properties of the island, is added this mystery of pregnancy. what was the name that Ethan and Suddenly Susan Dude said their company was called? MB were the initials, i think?

Kam
02-08-2007, 07:27 AM
what in the.....??

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-FK2Lb8sjeqgA0WwfnzviiOzm?p=184

Tesla Purple Energy Shield?? There is an actual "Lost Cubit"? my brain is fried.

Kam
02-08-2007, 07:47 AM
new "potential" info and theories:
ok fellow losties, here are some new tidbits of ideas i've surfed around and found on other boards and combining with my own nuttiness.

1. alex is rousseau's kid. R has been on the island for 16 years. was she pregnant when she got there? she just said, the Other's took my baby. Alex's father is still with the Others. Is her father ben? did ben kidnap R and impregnate her and then send her back to her group? Or does R not know that her hubby is still alive and now a part of the Others, maybe her hubby helped with the kidnapping of Alex.

2. Mittelos BioScience - the name they recruited Juliet under. Mittelos = Lost Time.

3. "God loves you as He loved Jacob" Was the screen shot in karl's Clockwork Orange-ing. Jacob was married to Rachel who had a tough time with pregnancy (bible) Rachel is Juliet's sister's name and has a tough time with pregnancy. Is there a "jacob" on the island? Is the island itself a "jacob" of sorts.

and as an aside, i'm glad sawyer caught up with all the nicknames flying left and right. that was classic. :)

kexodusc
02-08-2007, 08:08 AM
new "potential" info and theories:
ok fellow losties, here are some new tidbits of ideas i've surfed around and found on other boards and combining with my own nuttiness.

1. alex is rousseau's kid. R has been on the island for 16 years. was she pregnant when she got there? she just said, the Other's took my baby. Alex's father is still with the Others. Is her father ben? did ben kidnap R and impregnate her and then send her back to her group? Or does R not know that her hubby is still alive and now a part of the Others, maybe her hubby helped with the kidnapping of Alex.

2. Mittelos BioScience - the name they recruited Juliet under. Mittelos = Lost Time.

3. "God loves you as He loved Jacob" Was the screen shot in karl's Clockwork Orange-ing. Jacob was married to Rachel who had a tough time with pregnancy (bible) Rachel is Juliet's sister's name and has a tough time with pregnancy. Is there a "jacob" on the island? Is the island itself a "jacob" of sorts.

and as an aside, i'm glad sawyer caught up with all the nicknames flying left and right. that was classic. :)

Further to the Rousseau thingy - wasn't she part of a research team of sorts, and her team was all killed? Sounds not too far off from Juliet's story now...was Rousseau's team sent/brought there by the others? I seem to recall Rousseau knew here baby's name was Alex, so they must have taken her after some time with the mother. Or she was already born when Rousseau hit the island.
And Juliet seemed a bit concerned when Alex was caught on camera with Sawyer and Kate.
I think Ben is the dad...and he knows of Rousseau obviously - think back to when he was found in the net last year - referred to it as "that woman's trap"...

I wonder where they're going with all the baby stuff in plot?

And again with the freakin' numbers - room 23...

Kam
02-08-2007, 08:12 AM
[QUOTE=kexodusc]
I think Ben is the dad...and he knows of Rousseau obviously - think back to when he was found in the net last year - referred to it as "that woman's trap"...
QUOTE]

ooooo that is a good catch! he would have no way of knowing who had set the trap, man or woman, unless he knew that rousseau was of the spring-trap inclination. maybe that's how they met and fell in love the first time... ahh... kids nowadays... no telling what they'll do next.

Kam
02-08-2007, 09:25 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/thenumber23/

Seriously!?? C'mon now! This is getting to be ri-god-da#@-diculous!!

ForeverAutumn
02-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Further to the Rousseau thingy - wasn't she part of a research team of sorts, and her team was all killed? Sounds not too far off from Juliet's story now...was Rousseau's team sent/brought there by the others? I seem to recall Rousseau knew here baby's name was Alex, so they must have taken her after some time with the mother. Or she was already born when Rousseau hit the island.
And Juliet seemed a bit concerned when Alex was caught on camera with Sawyer and Kate.

I wonder where they're going with all the baby stuff in plot?

And again with the freakin' numbers - room 23...

We knew a long time ago that Alex was Rousseau's child and that The Others kidnapped her. If I remember correctly, Benry told Jack that he was born on the island and had never been off of it. So he can't be Alex's real Dad unless he and Rousseau had a little island fling, which doesn't seem likely to me. My assumption was that after Alex was stolen from Danielle, Benry "adopted" her.

The Others know an awful lot about the island and who's on it. Of course Benry would know that Rousseau was on the island and was capable of setting traps. She's, presumably, been doing it for 16 years. I think that Benry just realized that the trap had Rousseau's MO. And let's not forget that it was Rousseau who found him in the trap and turned him over to Sayid.

When Karl was found in room 23 (good call on the number, I totally missed that!), there was an IV attached to him. Do you think that they were trying to make him pregnant?

An interesting turn of events to find out that Juliet is not on the island of her own choice and that she wants to go home. I think that my prediction of her being the real leader is totally off base now. But it was a great "Holy Crap!" moment when her ex-husband got creamed by that bus!

Also, I loved the begining when Juliet passes Ethan in the hallway and you're left to just assume, for a moment, that they're on the island. Then you suddenly realize that they're passing each other in the hall in the real world. :thumbsup:

Overall, it was a really good episode. A good fool at the beginning with Juliet and Ethan. Great WTF scene with the Clockwork Orange stuff. And a good lead into getting back to the beach. I can't wait to see what insights into The Others, Karl will be able to provide.

I'm already looking forward to next week.

My tape screwed up and I missed most of the recap show. Was there anything new or interesting on it?

Kam
02-08-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm already looking forward to next week.

My tape screwed up and I missed most of the recap show. Was there anything new or interesting on it?

nope, other than we got to see carlton cuse and damon lindeloff in person. wasn't exactly a recap show as much as it was a mix between recapping and just talking about the show in general and it's "worldwide" phenomenon. Kinda seemed like a lets-talk-about-ourselves-show type thing. i hadnt yet seen what those too looked like, so was interesting. they looked nothing like i thought they would.

good call on all the rest. benry prolly is her adopted dad.

Groundbeef
02-08-2007, 10:57 AM
I think it was awsome!

Also, did you all catch the dialog between Jack and Juliett at the end? Jack pressured her to give up what Benry said. Benry told her that if she helped him get Jack to finish the surgery he would get her off the island.

Flash back to the fall, and Benry told Jack that if he did the surgery he would get Jack off the island.

Now what? You think Benry is going to let either of them off? Fat chance. Right now, I think he is setting them both up for either a fight, or elimination.

ForeverAutumn
02-08-2007, 01:21 PM
I think it was awsome!

Also, did you all catch the dialog between Jack and Juliett at the end? Jack pressured her to give up what Benry said. Benry told her that if she helped him get Jack to finish the surgery he would get her off the island.

Flash back to the fall, and Benry told Jack that if he did the surgery he would get Jack off the island.

Now what? You think Benry is going to let either of them off? Fat chance. Right now, I think he is setting them both up for either a fight, or elimination.

He told Juliet that he would let her go home. I think that he told Jack that he would get Jack off the island. Off the island to where? Back to the other island? Wouldn't that be nasty.

So, here's a potential conflict...Benry tells Jack that he can go home. Meanwhile, back on the beach they're planning Jack's rescue. The rescuers reach Jack just as he's getting ready to leave for home. Do the rescuers just let Jack go? Do they fight to get onto the boat (or whatever) that Jack is getting on to so that they can go home too? In doing so, do they screw up Jack's chances of getting home so that Jack is now stuck on the island and hating the rest of the Losties for ruining his chances to get off the island?

Hmmmmmmm...

Kam
02-08-2007, 01:47 PM
I think it was awsome!

i'm more curious what the benry-juliet dialogue was. where are the lipreaders! i know there's some more obsessed with me who can flip the image and see what it was benry was really saying to her. i doubt it's as simple as juliet said. maybe the end result was help jack and i'll let you go home, but it's (as always) more than just that!

Groundbeef
02-08-2007, 01:49 PM
He told Juliet that he would let her go home. I think that he told Jack that he would get Jack off the island. Off the island to where? Back to the other island? Wouldn't that be nasty.

So, here's a potential conflict...Benry tells Jack that he can go home. Meanwhile, back on the beach they're planning Jack's rescue. The rescuers reach Jack just as he's getting ready to leave for home. Do the rescuers just let Jack go? Do they fight to get onto the boat (or whatever) that Jack is getting on to so that they can go home too? In doing so, do they screw up Jack's chances of getting home so that Jack is now stuck on the island and hating the rest of the Losties for ruining his chances to get off the island?

Hmmmmmmm...

No, I think the conflict will be between Jack & Juliett Vs Benry. The preview already shows the 2 of them in confinment.

topspeed
02-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Wow.

No time to read the theories today, but that's how you start the "new" season! Great episode, lots of questions brought up, and quite a few shockers. Laughed my buns off when Kate and Sawyer are talking to Jack on the walkie-talkie and Sawyer says "Say Hi from me...get on with it!" :lol: Sawyer has the best lines...

Interesting twist that Juliet is a prisoner brought to the island under false pretenses. What kind of power to these guys have that they can conjure a bus hitting her husband. Any tie between this and Desmond's ability to see the future? Hmmm...

Pressed for time today but I'll check the thread tomorrow and check out Kam's always intriguing links. :)

ForeverAutumn
02-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Hey topspeed. Congratulations on your new socks, dude.

ForeverAutumn
02-14-2007, 08:09 PM
GROUNDHOG DAY!!!! ....again. :biggrin5:

Wow. Was that a twist ending or what? I thought I had it all figured out...Claire was going to die and Desmond was trying to save her. Then...whammo!...Charlie is the one that he's saving. Far out!

Did anyone get a good glimpse of the picture on Widmore's office wall? Just before it went out of focus, I thought I saw the upside down image of a person. I'll have to check the Cubit site tomorrow.

Great episode. But if I was confused before, well, this one sent me over the edge. But, apparently, we're getting some answers next week. I'm sure that won't happen without raising more questions though. :nonod:

Here's where I get profound. Desmond held the safety key to the hatch. But was that just being symbolic of that fact that Desmond is THE key. He's connected to the Widmore's, and he's met Jack, Charlie, and Libby off the island (and maybe more that we don't know of yet). Maybe Widmore sends him to the island to become "a great man".

Penny must know something about it. That's why she has those guys from the end of S2 looking for the hatch to blow up. She knows that's when Desmond gets to come home again...for a while anyway.

Kam
02-14-2007, 09:11 PM
GROUNDHOG DAY!!!! ....again. :biggrin5:

Wow. Was that a twist ending or what? I thought I had it all figured out...Claire was going to die and Desmond was trying to save her. Then...whammo!...Charlie is the one that he's saving. Far out!

Did anyone get a good glimpse of the picture on Widmore's office wall? Just before it went out of focus, I thought I saw the upside down image of a person. I'll have to check the Cubit site tomorrow.

Great episode. But if I was confused before, well, this one sent me over the edge. But, apparently, we're getting some answers next week. I'm sure that won't happen without raising more questions though. :nonod:

Here's where I get profound. Desmond held the safety key to the hatch. But was that just being symbolic of that fact that Desmond is THE key. He's connected to the Widmore's, and he's met Jack, Charlie, and Libby off the island (and maybe more that we don't know of yet). Maybe Widmore sends him to the island to become "a great man".

Penny must know something about it. That's why she has those guys from the end of S2 looking for the hatch to blow up. She knows that's when Desmond gets to come home again...for a while anyway.

greatest show ever!! love it!!

on the pic hanging in widmore's office, i saw the figure of someone upsidedown, looked like an african styled form. but, i also saw something written backwards in white near the top of the picture but couldn't make it out fast enough.

brilliant freaking episode... and... my first longterm shot at the answer... i think the adam and eve skeletons are Penny and Desmond. Since Penny (at the end of S2) was searching for that blip that showed up when the hatch exploded, that means she knows that Desmond is time travelling, which means its either happenned again and he's convinced her, or she's figured out answers on her own on the "outside". if it's happenned again or multiple times, maybe in one of those times, Desmond "catches on" early enough to try and change events, but ends up back on the island WITH penny even further back in time, creating a time paradox and dying on the island he always ends up on... or something.

Kam
02-14-2007, 09:19 PM
holy crap:

widmore's office painting, a freakin' polar bear i didnt notice.

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=223

the soccer game, check out the ads!!
"Description: The ads on the soccer game feature: Oceanic Airlines, Apollo Candy Bards, Butties Diapers (Charlie's Commercial?), Mr. Cluck's Chicken Shack, a company with KRONOS (time) in the name, and a few more which I haven't been able to make out yet."
http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=220

From abc on that episode:
A suspicious and determined Hurley enlists Charlie to help him wrangle the truth out of Desmond, who has been acting strangely ever since the implosion of the hatch. Guest starring are Sonya Walger as Penny Widmore, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Shishir Kurup as Donovan, Fionnula Flanagan as Ms. Hawking, Katie Doyle as receptionist, Jeremy Colvin as delivery man, Michael Titterton as bartender and David Cordell as Jimmy Lennon.

"Ms. Hawking"? Brief history of time....

topspeed
02-14-2007, 11:16 PM
it's LOST!

That was the first flashback that wasn't...or was it? First I'm thinking, cool, it's Des' backstory. But nooooooo, it's Des' evil twin living his life in a parallel universe or something. WTH?!?

I've been confused by this show, but this episode has me completely lost (pun intended). There was a strong "Matrix" current with the lady from the ring store on the park bench. Very much like the motherly cookie baker from Matrix. There was also a big "Somewhere in Time" vibe going on as well, with Penny almost as beautiful as Jane Seymour :ihih: Des getting whacked and then waking up on the island was just like Christopher Reeve finding the penny in his pocket. Same tragic undercurrent of going through time to find your true love, experience it...only to lose it as it torments you only in your memory. If you remember, SIT ends with Reeve finding his love again...

...in heaven.

If you take the Matrix theme combined with the fact that their fates are predetermined and simply inescapable, that would be strong indication that these folks are dead. They just don't know it yet. Consider the Others to be Saint Peter meeting you at the gates, seeing if you are worthy with the island being the final testing ground. Ecko found peace...and the island took him.

Hmmmm...

Oh, thanks for noticing my socks FA :)

Kam
02-15-2007, 07:11 AM
ok, latest of kam's throw a hundred theories out there and 1 is bound to be right:

Desmond is the founder of Dharma. But not our current friend desmond as he is right now, a desmond that has gone back in time far enough to realize he has to create the doomsday saving machine in order for it to be there for him to continue to press it. it's the classic Terminator Time Paradox.

Also, Desmond is "seeing" the future of the island. which means he's already lived this part of seeing charlie get hit by lightning, seeing charling drown, etc. So i don't think we've seen the last of dessy's "parallel" stories (they're not really just backstories anymore now haha). i think des has jumped around quite a LOT with that turn of the key and the current des we're watching is pulling in knowledge from a lot of different "jumps" he's made.

ok... have at it.. tear it apart, let's hear it! :)

Kam
02-15-2007, 07:23 AM
more insanity from me:

so the song des heard on the jukebox was the same he had playing the first time we see him at the beginning of season 2. which leads me to believe my theory above more... because des is leaving himself clues all along the way. and the ultimate clue he left for himself all along the way was... 4 8 15 16 23 42. the numbers are desmond's clues to himself to save the world. they continue to remind desmond and the desmond's jumping through time to do what he has to do, to keep pulling him back to the island.

Groundbeef
02-15-2007, 07:24 AM
This time travel aspect is really cool. However, there are some problems with it as it is being presented (IMHO).

1st, if this isn't the first time he has traveled, how does he avoid himself in future time travels. For example. He is in the bar, sees the winning goal, and the guy with the cricket bat. However, apparently he has done this all before, so where is "HE" at. There must be another "Desomond" somewhere, or noone would know who he is.

2nd, There is the aspect of "would you kill Hitler if you could travel back in time" feel to it, except, its now "How long can we keep Charlie alive". I'm not a big proponent of FATE, but it has been discussed before on the show. Notably, Ecko if I remeber correctly.

To me, FATE is a copout, and relieves people of real responsiblity, as though their life is pre-ordained. I think that the island is attempting to control them, but they have the ablity to resist.

3rd. They are not dead. Figurativly, or really. Why the rush to save Charlie if he's already "dead". And the writers have already de-bunked this aspect of the show by stating that the people are not "dead". However, when they die in the show they are then "dead".

All in all, it was awesome. It was truely an "Oh ****" moment when Desomond revieled that he was saving Charlie.

ForeverAutumn
02-15-2007, 07:31 AM
If you take the Matrix theme combined with the fact that their fates are predetermined and simply inescapable, that would be strong indication that these folks are dead. They just don't know it yet. Consider the Others to be Saint Peter meeting you at the gates, seeing if you are worthy with the island being the final testing ground. Ecko found peace...and the island took him.

Benry = God?! :eek:

Oh, thanks for noticing my socks FA :)

You're quite welcome. :smilewinkgrin:

Also, Desmond is "seeing" the future of the island. which means he's already lived this part of seeing charlie get hit by lightning, seeing charling drown, etc. So i don't think we've seen the last of dessy's "parallel" stories (they're not really just backstories anymore now haha). i think des has jumped around quite a LOT with that turn of the key and the current des we're watching is pulling in knowledge from a lot of different "jumps" he's made.

I agree with you. I think that Des has lived this life many times. This is at least number three that we know of. In the first life, Charlie was struck by lightning. In the second life, Charlie drowned. I guess we'll find out how many time Des has been through this by how many time he can save Charlie. When Charlie finally dies, we'll know that it caught Desmond by surprise and brings him up to his current life.

But here's a question. Why is Desmond trying so hard to save Charlie? Why didn't he stop Locke from not pressing the button? Why didn't he save Ecko? Why only Charlie?

Worf101
02-15-2007, 07:48 AM
more insanity from me:

so the song des heard on the jukebox was the same he had playing the first time we see him at the beginning of season 2. which leads me to believe my theory above more... because des is leaving himself clues all along the way. and the ultimate clue he left for himself all along the way was... 4 8 15 16 23 42. the numbers are desmond's clues to himself to save the world. they continue to remind desmond and the desmond's jumping through time to do what he has to do, to keep pulling him back to the island.
Didn't I see this theory/story on an episode of STNG? Leaving clues in a groundhog day loop till they get themselves out of it.

Da Worfster

GMichael
02-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Didn't I see this theory/story on an episode of STNG? Leaving clues in a groundhog day loop till they get themselves out of it.

Da Worfster

Yup. Two versions I believe. One where they wanted to remember. And another where they didn't want to remember but tracked down clues that were left behind by accident. OK, so that one doesn't count.
Data! I order you to tell me what's going on. I can't. You can't? Why not? You ordered me not to. huh?

Kam
02-15-2007, 08:07 AM
But here's a question. Why is Desmond trying so hard to save Charlie? Why didn't he stop Locke from not pressing the button? Why didn't he save Ecko? Why only Charlie?

ok... now (polar) bear with me for a second. i might not have this right (that'd be a surprise) but here's the idea which is tough to do without a chart.

Desmond1 (normal time never having jumped or gone anywhere ever)
Desmond 2 (jumped at the turn of the key)

D1-------->----guy hits bartender with cricket bat------>-------------D1 turns key JUMPS TO
D2--------->---guy hits D2 with cricket bat sending him to...........right after D1 turns key.
so then [D1 AFTER cricket bat------------->D1 turns key] is the D1 without any knowledge of the future.

So then D1 is back to D1 from the time AFTER the cricket bat hit until he turns the key. D1 does NOT know the future from that time section. I think the critical times of D1 where he is still D1 will always be from the time he meets Libby to turning the key. I don't think he'll ever "jump" into that time frame, or if he does, he jumps back. If you haven't read "the Time Traveller's Wife" i highly highly highly reccomend that book. It actually explains this "theory" a lot better than i do haha.

And i don't think there are multiple versions of Desmond running around ala Primer, but there is just ONE desmond throughout time and his "consciousness" inhabits them with each of these jumps. This is actually a better version of the Terminator Paradox. Desmond will never run into another "desmond" he'll just go through the exact same life again, with the knowledge he had gained from the first time around that he brings with him.

Resident Loser
02-15-2007, 08:11 AM
...Desmond have a doppelganger? Is he capable of bilocation; is it time travel or does the fact of having one somehow transcend our time/space continuum? If I'm not mistaken, some part of quantum physics sees everything that exists much like a Picasso rendering, with all possible permutations of an event happening at once, but since we are limited to our three-dimensional perceptions we can only witness one of those random possibilites...

Seeing one's own doppelganger supposedly portends imminent demise, so if he ran into himself somewhere along the line, much like matter and anti-matter, he would cancel himself out and we'd be watchin' reruns of Barney Miller...

jimHJJ(...just a thought...)

topspeed
02-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Random thought:

What's the connection between the picture in Widmore's office with the upside down Indian statue that is praying and the four toed foot statue on the beach? They seem very similar, or is it just me?

kexodusc
02-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Despite being stranded in Halifax without a room reservation, I still manged to catch this week's show. I was sorta thinkin' along the same lines as RL - the whole space-time continuum/event parallel thing...or maybe a doppelganger - maybe....Either way, the show really kicked the mystery up a notch this week...

Definitely don't think it's time travel - Desmond isn't arriving in time with himself I don't think, more like Quantum Leap - he's leaping into himself with his future conscience and memory intact...

Very cool...

I knew something was up back in the Season 2 thread when I flagged "see you in another life, brother..." finally, one of my (sorta) predictions materializing...

JSE
02-16-2007, 01:41 PM
I wonder when Desmond's former girlfriend will be brought back in "real time" and not in "flashback" time? Her researchers up in the Artic recorded the meltdown on the island and called to her they think they found "it". So I think she knows where Desmond is. She has to show up soon.

JSE

Worf101
02-16-2007, 01:46 PM
I wonder when Desmond's former girlfriend will be brought back in "real time" and not in "flashback" time? Her researchers up in the Artic recorded the meltdown on the island and called to her they think they found "it". So I think she knows where Desmond is. She has to show up soon.

JSE
Just like a cold sore you show up when least expected. How's it hangin' bro. Long time no view!!!! Seriously though, good to see ya.

Da Worfster

GMichael
02-16-2007, 02:02 PM

JSE

Hey buddy! What's shakin'?
Come join our party http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=21708

I'll spot you the extra 25 posts.

JSE
02-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Just like a cold sore you show up when least expected. How's it hangin' bro. Long time no view!!!! Seriously though, good to see ya.

Da Worfster

Hey Worf, LOL! I am kindof like a cold sore huh? I come, I irritate, and then I leave. :ciappa:

Glad to see someone still remembers me. I get around every now and then. I read alot but seldom post. I really need to come around more to keep the inmates in line. Still looks like several ol'timers are still around.

JSE
02-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Hey buddy! What's shakin'?
Come join our party http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=21708

I'll spot you the extra 25 posts.

You guys are insane. OK, that's my new goal, 1000 here I come!

Worf101
02-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Hey Worf, LOL! I am kindof like a cold sore huh? I come, I irritate, and then I leave. :ciappa:

Glad to see someone still remembers me. I get around every now and then. I read alot but seldom post. I really need to come around more to keep the inmates in line. Still looks like several ol'timers are still around.
Your silliness has cost me at lest two keyboards from coffee spewage. You'd right some insanely funny post and I'm up all night pulling sticky keys from my keyboard. So if you're not here I can't collect what ya owe!! :cryin: Yeah we remember you with fondness and some dread.

Da Worfster..

PS, tell Cartman to put some pants on.

JSE
02-19-2007, 07:27 AM
Your silliness has cost me at lest two keyboards from coffee spewage. You'd right some insanely funny post and I'm up all night pulling sticky keys from my keyboard. So if you're not here I can't collect what ya owe!! :cryin: Yeah we remember you with fondness and some dread.

Da Worfster..

PS, tell Cartman to put some pants on.

Premature Spewage? Sounds like a personal problem eh? :ihih:

Oh, and Cartman like the breeze! :p

Worf101
02-20-2007, 05:56 AM
Premature Spewage? Sounds like a personal problem eh? :ihih:

Oh, and Cartman like the breeze! :p
Prosecution rests your honor. We pray the jury has the wisdom to find the deffendant "guitly as charged".

Da Worfster

Worf101
02-22-2007, 04:53 AM
Suck like a Hoover on Steroids. It's bad enough I have to sit through more commercials than show... but when that "show" is a 45 minute exposition on how homeboy picked up some Phuket artwork???? Puhlease. I've been to Thailand, I been on the "ho stroll". I thought we were gonna get a real shocker and realize that Jacks girl was in reality a boy (happens more than you'd like to think over there) but no, some lame ass story about a tattoo. I'm ready to quit this show, I mean I'm inches from it.

Da Worfster

GMichael
02-22-2007, 05:58 AM
Suck like a Hoover on Steroids. It's bad enough I have to sit through more commercials than show... but when that "show" is a 45 minute exposition on how homeboy picked up some Phuket artwork???? Puhlease. I've been to Thailand, I been on the "ho stroll". I thought we were gonna get a real shocker and realize that Jacks girl was in reality a boy (happens more than you'd like to think over there) but no, some lame ass story about a tattoo. I'm ready to quit this show, I mean I'm inches from it.

Da Worfster

Yeah, but she was hot, in a dirty, sweaty, trashy, string bean kind of way.
I still enjoyed the show even though it wasn't the best. I'm sure it's just a transitional one to set up another down the road.

Resident Loser
02-22-2007, 06:21 AM

Da Worfster

...I was waiting for the big "reveal" myownself...at least it would have been interesting to see Jack's reaction...

jimHJJ(...they'd better do something really good next episode to make up for last night's dog...)

Groundbeef
02-22-2007, 06:51 AM
I actually thought it was a pretty good episode.

Sawyer calling Kate "Magellen" was priceless.

Also, I think that the dynamic of the Thai lady and Jack was less to do about any "suprise" as it was about her vision of what Jack really was.

She indicated that he was a leader, and I couldn't hear some of the rest. But in the end, it appears that his experience in Thailand is mirrioring his experience on the Island.

As his tatto says, You are among us, but are not ONE of us. As Jack stated, that may be what it says, but its not what it means. I think that Jack is crafty, and is working on tearing the Others apart. By forcing Benry to cut Juliet out of the group norm of Death for killing one of the others, it has angered "The Sheriff" and probably others in the camp.

I am not sure where it is going, but its moving along.

I must say though, THANK GOD that my local ABC got its HD signal back OTA. We had a severe ice storm here about a month ago, and it burned out the HD transmitter. Yesterday the station got the new transmitter installed! Lost never looked better!

Kam
02-22-2007, 07:17 AM
I actually thought it was a pretty good episode.

Sawyer calling Kate "Magellen" was priceless.

Also, I think that the dynamic of the Thai lady and Jack was less to do about any "suprise" as it was about her vision of what Jack really was.

She indicated that he was a leader, and I couldn't hear some of the rest. But in the end, it appears that his experience in Thailand is mirrioring his experience on the Island.

As his tatto says, You are among us, but are not ONE of us. As Jack stated, that may be what it says, but its not what it means. I think that Jack is crafty, and is working on tearing the Others apart. By forcing Benry to cut Juliet out of the group norm of Death for killing one of the others, it has angered "The Sheriff" and probably others in the camp.

I am not sure where it is going, but its moving along.

I must say though, THANK GOD that my local ABC got its HD signal back OTA. We had a severe ice storm here about a month ago, and it burned out the HD transmitter. Yesterday the station got the new transmitter installed! Lost never looked better!

i don't know if there are any chinese speakers here, but his tattoo also means something else. unless it's been changed for the show (which i dont think it has) mathew fox's actual tattoo that he has is from a mao poem that reads:
"Eagle high up, cleaving the space."
Now if that can also be translated to mean what they said, i have no idea.

although this episode, on the tail of the desmond episode, was a little weak. i still enjoyed it, but it was defn a bit of a filler to get to more meaty episodes.

cindy showing up and acting all weird like she's in some dream was severely annoying. and jack not just asking her, 'hey, yeah i remember you were on the plane, what happenned to you guys?' instead of just blowing up on them... yeah, it's understandable when you're under a lot of stress to fly off the handle, but c'mon! get some freakin' answers! everyone defn seemed brainwashed.

Groundbeef
02-22-2007, 09:54 AM
i don't know if there are any chinese speakers here, but his tattoo also means something else. unless it's been changed for the show (which i dont think it has) mathew fox's actual tattoo that he has is from a mao poem that reads:
"Eagle high up, cleaving the space."
Now if that can also be translated to mean what they said, i have no idea.

As any casual observer can tell you, us Losties are a info seeking bunch. I would have a hard time beliving that the tattos on Jack haven't either been digitally altered, or cosmetically changed for the show in order for the message of the last show to be verified.

How stupid would that be if it turns out the tattos say something completly different than the now assumed message. I seriously doubt the writers would allow that to happen.

His permanent tattos wouldn't have to be changed. Nowadays, simply manipulate the shot dititally.