'Tis better to have loved Lost than never to have loved at all.... [Archive] - Page 3 - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 'Tis better to have loved Lost than never to have loved at all....

Pages : 1 2 [3]

JSE
05-08-2007, 06:11 AM
JSE wakes up, looks around to find his grass skirt. Everything is blurry? Must be the water cooler bottle his head is stuck in. Takes bottle off head, looks around to see GMichael out cold with a big lump on his head. WTF? Speed's laying on the coffee table, FA has a lamp shade around her neck, Worf, is passed out cold on the Barko-Lounger also with a big lump on his head. Oh wait, that's a Klingon (sp?) mask. JSE looks up and sees G's wife standing over him with a seriously pissed off look on her face and has Kam and Kex by the collar. As everyones gets up to leave JSE notices a huge sword stuck into G's front door. The blade has Sir TT engraved in it? :shocked:

Great Party!

Now, back to Lost.

kexodusc
05-08-2007, 06:11 AM
Hey JSE, congrats on the big 1-triple-donut... twice the number of this Lost thread at the time of this posting!

You da man!

GMichael
05-08-2007, 07:14 AM
GM wakes up. Tries to shave his tongue with a tip-tapper. Pulls the chalk out of his mouth and takes a sip of warm beer. Tries to get up but can't get one leg to move. Ouch! My head! WTF happened to my forehead? Wifey walks in and glares at him. GM bursts into flames. Kex throws what looks like water onto him. Woooooof! I guess it wasn't water.

Great party JSE!

ForeverAutumn
05-08-2007, 08:12 AM
You guys crack me up!

GMichael
05-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Mike wakes up. Looks around to see his furniture all broken up. Everything is soaking wet. Some guy is sleeping in a bath tub, and some girl in the other one. Makes his way downstairs to find three more sleeping on the pool table. The music is still at full volume even though two drivers are ripped apart and sound like a wounded duck trying to fly through a wind tunnel.
Then a thought comes to mind. Isn't today Wednesday. He runs back upstairs to check his computer for LOST posts. D'm computer is on the floor and some fool is sleeping on the desk. He takes the CPU and plugs it into the projector. Ah..., back in business now. Hey gang. What's up for tonight's show? No answer? Where is everyone?

WAKE UP!!!!

kexodusc
05-09-2007, 09:09 AM
I predict this is the show where Michael and Walt return to the story...

Wonder how those actor contracts work - does Michael get paid for sitting on his but for a season and a half?

GMichael
05-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Michael & Walt? Were they at the party?

Paid for watching? Hmmm....

Worf101
05-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Fearless Predictions:

1. Locke brings back daddy's bones only to find out he's be pimped by Ben and da boys once again. He becomes an even more implacabble enemy.

2. Raid gets carried off a day early. The Other's are ALWAYS ahead of the game. They know what the Losties will do before they do it. Sun is kidnapped. Jin loses his natural mind.. again. Jin, Sawyer and Sayeed posse up to go get her back.

3. Mole girl gets outed but Jack's been playing her all along. He may be dense but he's not THAT stupid.

4. Hurley dievelops a crush on Chute girl only to have her die next week.

5. Weasel boy finally gets "planted" once and for all.

6. Desmond says "brother"

7. Hurley says "dude".

Da Worfster

GMichael
05-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Fearless Predictions:

1. Locke brings back daddy's bones only to find out he's be pimped by Ben and da boys once again. He becomes an even more implacabble enemy.

Why didn't he just bring the head? I think that Ben lied. Duh. Locke wasn't special because he would kill his father. He was special because he wouldn't. Now he just proved Ben right. Again! The other Others will look down on him now. Not sure if they will care or not when they find out that he didn't do the actual killing. But that's not till next season. Maybe.

2. Raid gets carried off a day early. The Other's are ALWAYS ahead of the game. They know what the Losties will do before they do it. Sun is kidnapped. Jin loses his natural mind.. again. Jin, Sawyer and Sayeed posse up to go get her back.

Too easy.

3. Mole girl gets outed but Jack's been playing her all along. He may be dense but he's not THAT stupid.

Mole girl switches sides to help Jack but Ben sees it coming and stops her. He had another tape recorder and heard her say that she hates him. Was all part of his Dick Dasterdly plan. Trial number 2.

4. Hurley dievelops a crush on Chute girl only to have her die next week.

Chute girl thinks he's funny but wants James instead. Uses Hurley to get to him.

5. Weasel boy finally gets "planted" once and for all.

But he comes back as a 6 foot tall bunny with human slippers.

6. Desmond says "brother"

That's Brutha..

7. Hurley says "dude".

Dude.......

Da Worfster

Who else?

topspeed
05-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Locke is dead...or is he? My guess is either some Other will help him (possibly the dude that gave him the dossier on Sawyer) when Ben returns w/o him or the island heals him. I would be very surprised to see the writers kill off one of the shows most popular characters with three years left to play out. I did l love Ben's reactions as he was quickly losing the Others to Locke! It was perfectly paced with his back story and how self conscious he was as child. Gotta admit, his dad was a piece of work. No Father's Day cards for him, eh? Still, as bad as he was his 'ol man still never went Jim Jones on everyone like Ben.

While the Purgatory theme seems too obvious, it does answer a lot of questions. One being how he could see his dead mom, just as Jack saw his dad. I also wonder if "Jacob" is actually some part of Ben, perhaps his conscious mind in the real world and he's trapped in a coma or whatnot. Maybe this whole thing is merely a dream while Ben is taking a shower? :p

Of course, the biggest question of the show is: What happened to Annie?

kexodusc
05-10-2007, 03:48 AM
So that's what happened to the Dharma Initiative folks....Well, last night's show certainly put an interesting spin on things...
Interesting how Ben killed his father, then later asked Locke to do the same thing. And equally interesting that Ben's mom died giving birth (or thereabouts). I don't think that's coincidence. Geez, lots of moms n' dads dying on this show.

Okay. Where did the "hostiles" or island natives come from? We saw Jacob in that propaganda film that Danielle's boyfriend was subjected too. Seems to me Jacob was subtly dropped at least one other time in the series, anyone remember? I think this Jacob dude is real, Locke heard/saw him for a second there in that blair witch hut.

Now we know Mikhael didn't die, he just got ko'd by the sonic beam thingy at a low setting.

So we still don't know the deal with Jack and Juliet, but the show's suggesting she isn't a total turncoat and that Jack hasn't defected.

Was it me, or did that shot of Ben's watch show the time at 4 PM, with the second hand on 15??? Still teasing us with those numbers.

Oh, that long haired dude that young Ben found in the forest - is that the same short haired dude that older Ben first saw when he took the gas mask off, and the same short haired dude that's hanging out at the Others camp? Guy doesn't look like he's aged a day!

Now I kinda get the feeling that the Others were waiting for Ben (the look on the long haired dude's face in the forest when Ben told him he saw his mom) and also waiting for Locke. Maybe they're suppose to duke it out for island supremacy...good vs evil show-down. It did seem like Ben was losing the control of the Others to Locke.

Groundbeef
05-10-2007, 04:53 AM
Okay. Where did the "hostiles" or island natives come from? We saw Jacob in that propaganda film that Danielle's boyfriend was subjected too. Seems to me Jacob was subtly dropped at least one other time in the series, anyone remember? I think this Jacob dude is real, Locke heard/saw him for a second there in that blair witch hut.

Oh, that long haired dude that young Ben found in the forest - is that the same short haired dude that older Ben first saw when he took the gas mask off, and the same short haired dude that's hanging out at the Others camp? Guy doesn't look like he's aged a day!

Now I kinda get the feeling that the Others were waiting for Ben (the look on the long haired dude's face in the forest when Ben told him he saw his mom) and also waiting for Locke. Maybe they're suppose to duke it out for island supremacy...good vs evil show-down. It did seem like Ben was losing the control of the Others to Locke.

I think that the orginal "Other-Others" have been part of the island for a LONG time.

Yes, it IS the same guy that gave Juliett the 'drink' before she went into the sub, and the same guy that gave Locke the folder with Sawyer's info.

I did appear that they were waiting for someone to come and get them. (The Other-Others).

It was quite an Ahhhhh-haaaaa moment when Ben and dear ol'e Dad went driving in the microbus. Same one that Sawyer, and Jin found with Hurley a few episodes before.

As for Locke, he isn't dead. If Ben had capped him in the head before he left, then it would have been over. But Locke heals pretty quick. He'll be up before 2 episodes pass.
Things will get interesting as Ben will try to assert his power over the group, and once again, Locke will "Rise from the Ashes" and reduce Ben's power once again.

As the one eyed guy asked "When do YOU take orders from anyone?" when Locke told everyone that they were going to Jacob. I don't think that Ben likes to be pushed, and it was great to see Locke prodding him along.

Resident Loser
05-10-2007, 04:57 AM

...the same guy who recruited Juliette?

jimHJJ(...I still think there's a "Forbidden Planet"/"The Tempest" vibe about it all...)

Worf101
05-10-2007, 05:02 AM
So that's what happened to the Dharma Initiative folks....Well, last night's show certainly put an interesting spin on things...
Interesting how Ben killed his father, then later asked Locke to do the same thing. And equally interesting that Ben's mom died giving birth (or thereabouts). I don't think that's coincidence. Geez, lots of moms n' dads dying on this show.

Now we know Mikhael didn't die, he just got ko'd by the sonic beam thingy at a low setting.

So we still don't know the deal with Jack and Juliet, but the show's suggesting she isn't a total turncoat and that Jack hasn't defected.

Was it me, or did that shot of Ben's watch show the time at 4 PM, with the second hand on 15??? Still teasing us with those numbers.

The long haired dude in the forest. That's the interesting thing. He hasn't aged a day. Could've been part of the wrecked Galleon's crew for all we know. But they're sophisticated enough to use poison gas, and automatic weapons.

Locke will live. The Others/Hostiles could date back to WWII or The Cold War. They stumbled on to the Island during the Pacific Campaigns and have been trying to study it ever since, but the anomoly has cut them off from the mainland for decades. Other's don't age, fountain of youth, willing to kill to keep it. Maybe they are in LIMBO and Jacob/Jacob's ladder is the only way up and out to one's loved ones. Who the hell knows...

Da Worfster

kexodusc
05-10-2007, 06:02 AM
Other's don't age, fountain of youth, willing to kill to keep it. Maybe they are in LIMBO and Jacob/Jacob's ladder is the only way up and out to one's loved ones. Who the hell knows...

Da Worfster

I dunno, Roussea's kid, and young Ben seemed to age pretty well.

Man, just when you think Ben is a total nutcase delusional freak, Jacob whispers a few things and starts going angry Jedi inside the hut.

Good call on Locke healing and coming back. Either that or someone will rescue him. Maybe Jacob will help him as Ben taunted?

Kam
05-10-2007, 07:53 AM
holy minkey!!! what an episode! it really seems like the best thing to happen to the show was finalize the date it's going to finish. they've really started to focus the story bigtime now.

ok..so everyone's said it, let's get some 'anomolies' out there.

1. born vs. brought and age on the island. the Hostiles... if they were the only ones born on the island, maybe they don't age. hence the suddenly susan dude being the same age with ben as a little boy and not aged a bit when ben is now... 40+ years older?
edit: but alex was born on the island? and so was aaron? maybe it's a generational thing...?

2. locke's communion with the island - i think the island wants to save locke. hence why it paralyzed him very briefly again and forced boone to go up into the unstable plane and die in locke's place. locke is special, kinda like neo was told by the oracle he wasn't the one. the island heals normal people just fine (jin's super sperm) but with locke, it's going nutso. also why Cerebrus/smokey hasn't killed locke once. in fact, the only time it actually did anything to him, it wanted to take him down into.. tartarus? hades?

3. the island spirits - little ben heard those whispers that everyone has heard while trudging through the forest... but as he ran, he did NOT see his mom, he saw Suddenly Susan Dude. Just like everytime our losties heard the whispers in the forest, they did NOT encounter a spirit, but a real life person. (sayid just escaped from rousseau/ or just on his way to rousseau? the losties and tailies reunion, etc). BUT... are they spirits? shannon saw Walt when we knew walt wasn't dead. that's the next (amongst many) puzzle pieces we gotta get some answer too...

topspeed
05-10-2007, 03:37 PM
locke's communion with the island - i think the island wants to save locke.

Is the island Jacob? Don't forget, Jacob asked Locke to "Help Me." Maybe Jacob wants Locke to take down Ben, who by all acounts is an egomaniacal psychopath.

Kam
05-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Is the island Jacob? Don't forget, Jacob asked Locke to "Help Me." Maybe Jacob wants Locke to take down Ben, who by all acounts is an egomaniacal psychopath.

could be... we also had juliette's sister back in portland named Rachel. Jacob's wife's name in the bible.

trying to find the screencapture online, but i swore they showed an old dude right before or right after locke heard the 'help me' line, and then again showed him sitting in the chair. which could just be the island's physical manifestation of itself so locke/ben could "see" the island.

Kam
05-10-2007, 03:50 PM
CREEEEEPY!!!

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Man%20Behind%20the%20Curtain

blair witch much?

kexodusc
05-10-2007, 03:52 PM
could be... we also had juliette's sister back in portland named Rachel. Jacob's wife's name in the bible.

trying to find the screencapture online, but i swore they showed an old dude right before or right after locke heard the 'help me' line, and then again showed him sitting in the chair. which could just be the island's physical manifestation of itself so locke/ben could "see" the island.
Kamster, my wife and I saw the old lookin' dude in the chair too...either we're watching too much tv or we were meant to see it.
I'd assume that was Jacob since Ben was talking in that general direction.
Maybe Locke's ESP had to develop enough to be able to see/hear Jacob? Ben did seem genuinely confused that Locke couldn't see Jacob....

topspeed
05-11-2007, 08:07 AM
Wow! :yikes:

I didn't notice Jacob at all! I'm going to check my Tivo! BTW, is it mere coicidence that Jacob has more than a passing resemblance to Jesus? The hair, even the facial structure, is very close to most Christian imagery. Very cool find there, Kam!

What if Ben is actually Satan and isn't allowing lost souls (sorry, couldn't resist ;) ) to pass through to heaven? Maybe that is why he is so afraid of losing control to Locke, or anyone else for that matter. Locke represents independent thinking while the others, whether Losties or Others, are all basically sheep following either Jack or Ben.

Groundbeef
05-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Wow! :yikes:

I didn't notice Jacob at all! I'm going to check my Tivo! BTW, is it mere coicidence that Jacob has more than a passing resemblance to Jesus? The hair, even the facial structure, is very close to most Christian imagery. Very cool find there, Kam!

What if Ben is actually Satan and isn't allowing lost souls (sorry, couldn't resist ;) ) to pass through to heaven? Maybe that is why he is so afraid of losing control to Locke, or anyone else for that matter. Locke represents independent thinking while the others, whether Losties or Others, are all basically sheep following either Jack or Ben.

Actually, it kinda looked like Locke with hair.

Ben is NOT Satan. As the directors have said, the Losties are not in limbo, pergutory, or anyother state of suspended life.

And, its not really fair to lump Jack with Ben. Unlike Ben, Jack was thrust into the de Facto leader due to his skills, and general lack of desire of anyone else to be the leader. Jack is more of the situation leader, and after the losties are found (if ever) I think he would rather not be the leader. Also, after Jack was captured, the Losties really didn't dissolve, but just 'assumed' another leader. At one point Locke was kinda the group head, and then Sawyer started to assert influence.

Ben on the 'other' (hehheheh) hand pretty much chose to be the leader by killing off the original camp. Thus ensuring his dominance over the rest of the group.
But it appears that if Ben were removed as head honcho, there isn't really any one willing or able to take over the camp. Thats what makes Lockes intereference with Ben all the more disturbing for both Ben, and the Group. The 'others' are more like a Cult than a group.

GMichael
05-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Actually, it kinda looked like Locke with hair.

Ben is NOT Satan. As the directors have said, the Losties are not in limbo, pergutory, or anyother state of suspended life.

And, its not really fair to lump Jack with Ben. Unlike Ben, Jack was thrust into the de Facto leader due to his skills, and general lack of desire of anyone else to be the leader.

Ben on the 'other' (hehheheh) hand pretty much chose to be the leader by killing off the original camp. Thus ensuring his dominance over the rest of the group.

So if Locke was to kill Ben, he would become the new Other's leader?

Kam
05-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Ok, so read a theory on one of the other boards and it sprang an idea in my head.

That guy's (Aaron to give credit, from http://theoriesonlost.blogspot.com/ ) theory goes like this: The island's original inhabitants were killed by the volcanic explosion (the 4 toed statue building people, whoever they were), but their spirits are on the island as smokey, and appear as the lost ones of people on the island (ben's mom, jack's dad, etc.) and Ben managed to trap that smoke monster/spirit/whatever that manifested itself as his dad. So that Jacob is actually Ben's dad's spirit thingy that is trapped by that ring of (volcanic?) ash around the hut. and Ben uses that to control the Others.

Now... what i'm thinking is what if anyone who dies on the island becomes a smokey monster. This would fit with smokey being Cerebrus. smokey lets out from the Underworld those souls that are still there, not quite in the elysium fields, but in the apochal fields (or whatever it's called the one where they just mill around for an eternity?).

So far, with the exception of Ben's mom, every dead person spirit we've seen on the island, has been on the island. Jack's dad (his coffin was on the plane)... Eko's brother... on the island from the plane... Jacob (if it is ben's dad). BUT ben seeing his mom throws one twist into that theory....

And now the doozy... jacob stays seated the entire time in the scene... because he can't stand... because he is LOCKE!!!

(cue dramatic music after appropriate pause).

kexodusc
05-11-2007, 09:16 AM
So if Locke was to kill Ben, he would become the new Other's leader?
I think the Others have been waiting for both Ben AND Locke (they have said they've been waiting/expecting Locke in the past). Probably to complete their purpose/goal (whatever that is). Dont' think there''ll be a struggle for power, but rather that both Ben and Locke equally are respected or followed. Sometimes it seems as though Ben is the leader, other times it seems as though the Others follow a creed of some sort that leads them to disagree or overrule Ben.

I wonder if the Island is Eden?

GMichael
05-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Ok, so read a theory on one of the other boards and it sprang an idea in my head.

That guy's (Aaron to give credit, from http://theoriesonlost.blogspot.com/ ) theory goes like this: The island's original inhabitants were killed by the volcanic explosion (the 4 toed statue building people, whoever they were), but their spirits are on the island as smokey, and appear as the lost ones of people on the island (ben's mom, jack's dad, etc.) and Ben managed to trap that smoke monster/spirit/whatever that manifested itself as his dad. So that Jacob is actually Ben's dad's spirit thingy that is trapped by that ring of (volcanic?) ash around the hut. and Ben uses that to control the Others.

Now... what i'm thinking is what if anyone who dies on the island becomes a smokey monster. This would fit with smokey being Cerebrus. smokey lets out from the Underworld those souls that are still there, not quite in the elysium fields, but in the apochal fields (or whatever it's called the one where they just mill around for an eternity?).

So far, with the exception of Ben's mom, every dead person spirit we've seen on the island, has been on the island. Jack's dad (his coffin was on the plane)... Eko's brother... on the island from the plane... Jacob (if it is ben's dad). BUT ben seeing his mom throws one twist into that theory....

And now the doozy... jacob stays seated the entire time in the scene... because he can't stand... because he is LOCKE!!!

(cue dramatic music after appropriate pause).

You sir, are a very sick man.

Worf101
05-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Too much thinking....

Head about to explode.....

Too many crackpot theories......

Must slow down brain before cranial Combustion...

ooooog....

Da Worfster

Kam
05-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Too much thinking....

Head about to explode.....

Too many crackpot theories......

Must slow down brain before cranial Combustion...

ooooog....

Da Worfster

hey hey hey hey hey HEY HEY HEY!!!!

*I* am a crackpot... my theories are not. :)

kexodusc
05-11-2007, 10:27 AM

That dude in the chair has hair, a different forehead, nose, and eyes than Locke. Might not mean much I suppose, but I don't think it's Locke in the chair.
Ben mentioned or suggested he wasn't the boss back in Season 2 when he was the hatch-hostage..."he'll kill me".
Odd that Ben all of a sudden pulled a swerve with respect to Locke, too. At what point did Locke become shootable? Maybe Ben's not exactly 100% loyal to Jacob or their cause?

Kam
05-11-2007, 11:56 AM
That dude in the chair has hair, a different forehead, nose, and eyes than Locke. Might not mean much I suppose, but I don't think it's Locke in the chair.
Ben mentioned or suggested he wasn't the boss back in Season 2 when he was the hatch-hostage..."he'll kill me".
Odd that Ben all of a sudden pulled a swerve with respect to Locke, too. At what point did Locke become shootable? Maybe Ben's not exactly 100% loyal to Jacob or their cause?

ok... so THAT theory was crackpot! haha.

i get the feeling for some reason, i guess because of all the connectivity/circularity of everyone's lives, that Jacob isn't just some new person, but somehow also connected to everyone, or at least someone we've already met.

maybe desmond? maybe Ben's dad? maybe... that dude that was in the car that was driving behind hurley on his way to his mansion when it burnt down?

GMichael
05-11-2007, 12:01 PM
ok... so THAT theory was crackpot! haha.

i get the feeling for some reason, i guess because of all the connectivity/circularity of everyone's lives, that Jacob isn't just some new person, but somehow also connected to everyone, or at least someone we've already met.

maybe desmond? maybe Ben's dad? maybe... that dude that was in the car that was driving behind hurley on his way to his mansion when it burnt down?

Has anyone watched the commercials during the show? I think he's from one of those.

ForeverAutumn
05-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Wonder how those actor contracts work - does Michael get paid for sitting on his but for a season and a half?

I doubt it. They're actors, not Hockey players! :lol:

kexodusc
05-14-2007, 09:02 AM
I doubt it. They're actors, not Hockey players! :lol:
Think that joke only works YYZ...Go Sens! :prrr:

ForeverAutumn
05-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Think that joke only works YYZ...Go Sens! :prrr:

Actually, I think that joke works for any sport.

Ottawa's always been my #2 team. As soon as the Leafs hit the golf course I was riding on the Sens bandwagon.

ForeverAutumn
05-14-2007, 09:27 AM
I should stop with the theories already. Everytime that I'm sure I have things all figured out, something happens and my theory is destroyed. Two weeks ago I was convinced that Ben let Locke find the tape recorder. But based on his reaction to losing the recorder last week, I no longer think that's true. But, since I can't stop theorizing, here's my latest...which has already been partly shut down.

We know from their experience with Walt that The Others are interested in studying ESP. Remember? Walt was "special" too.

So, my theory about Jacob, was that he was not real, but that Ben had the power of being able to move things with his mind. So, he faked the whole Jacob thing for Locke. He pretended to talk to someone. Locke heard Jacob say "help me", only Locke's back was turned so we can't be sure that it wasn't Ben saying it. Then Ben was able to move things and throw things and break the window through his mind power (telekenisis? Is that the word?).

But now we've seen the screen caps of Jacob and that theory has been blown to bits.

Unless, Ben knows that not everyone can see Jacob. He thought that Locke would have the power to see him, only Locke didn't. But then, when Locke heard Jacob, Ben realized that Locke did have the power, only Locke maybe hasn't realized the strength of his power yet. So, Ben had to shoot Locke in order to keep Jacob to himself and maintain his position of leadership.

Here's the million dollar question... If Ben wants Locke dead then why didn't he shoot to kill? Why would he just shoot Locke and walk away with Locke still alive?

Speaking of being blown to bits, I was thinking that powder around Jacob's house was gun powder from the dynamite that Rousseau took from the Black Rock. But Ben didn't seem to concerned about it, so I'm not sure. Unless he was just to distracted about Locke meeting Jacob, to really pay much attention.

kexodusc
05-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Actually, I think that joke works for any sport.

Ottawa's always been my #2 team. As soon as the Leafs hit the golf course I was riding on the Sens bandwagon.

Oh, way to put a serious spin on my little dig.

I'll defend pro-athlete contracts. I have a cousin who plays for the Moose in the AHL...my travel schedule is nothing like his. He doesn't make much money either, except if he gets called up to Vancouver. That only happened for 3 games though this year. He keeps a full-time job for 3 months of the year and part-time hours during the season.
When I look at how much some of the top actors and top athletes make, I don't think one side is doing any better or worse.
And if you take the top lawyers, medical professionals, engineers, CEO's, etc, in the world and look at how much they make, actors and athletes salaries are small.
Teachers, I think, might be an exception. I doubt the best teacher in the world makes $10 million a year.

Back to Lost...

Whenever I go back to Season 1 or Seson 2 on DVD, it's scary how many new things I find with different meanings, or clues to the future of the plot.

Last night I watched the episdoe where Locke teaches Walt about Backgammon,
Locke: ..."two players, two sides..one is light..one is dark". Locke makes clear distinction between light and dark by raising the light piece up near to his left eye and the dark piece near to his still badly scarred right eye. Then, "Walt...do you wanna know a secret?"

I dunno, maybe it's nothing, but that scene seems eerily foretelling of things to come now...Ben = dark, Locke = light?

I think Mr. Locke knows something about the Island he hasn't told anyone yet, maybe he doesn't believe it himself - we've seen the constant theme of him struggling with faith vs not-believing since season 1.

ForeverAutumn
05-14-2007, 10:15 AM
I dunno, maybe it's nothing, but that scene seems eerily foretelling of things to come now...Ben = dark, Locke = light?

I've been thinking a lot about the light vs. dark, good vs. evil themes that seem to be evolving around Ben and Locke. So, I think that you're on to something.

I'm waiting for Stephen King's book The Stand to make an appearance since this theme is the basis for that story and we've already seen Carrie (about moving things with your mind) show up.

Worf101
05-15-2007, 06:08 AM
I've been thinking a lot about the light vs. dark, good vs. evil themes that seem to be evolving around Ben and Locke. So, I think that you're on to something.

I'm waiting for Stephen King's book The Stand to make an appearance since this theme is the basis for that story and we've already seen Carrie (about moving things with your mind) show up.
Very good catch there. Now all we need is a possessed Plymouth Fury or an urbane vampire and we're par for the course. No, but that's an interesting point. And isn't Desmond quite "Dead Zone" like in his ability to see the possible futures? I GOT IT!!!!

THE WHOLE SHOW'S A FIGMENT OF STEPHEN KINGS OVERRIPE IMAGINATION!!!

He'll wake up on Oceanic 815 and start jotting down notes..

Da Worfster

GMichael
05-15-2007, 06:16 AM
THE WHOLE SHOW'S A FIGMENT OF STEPHEN KINGS OVERRIPE IMAGINATION!!!

He'll wake up on Oceanic 815 and start jotting down notes..

Da Worfster

We may have to storm the studio if this happens. Who's with me? Grab those clubs.
:incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato:

JSE
05-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Now all we need is a possessed Plymouth Fury

Maybe the blue VW Van will come to life? :ciappa:

Of course it would be hard to make a VW Van evil.

GMichael
05-15-2007, 08:05 AM
Maybe the blue VW Van will come to life? :ciappa:

Of course it would be hard to make a VW Van evil.

Didn't you ever see the movie Christine? Or read that book? They are even by the same writer Worf is talking about.

ForeverAutumn
05-15-2007, 08:15 AM
We may have to storm the studio if this happens. Who's with me? Grab those clubs.

I may already have to storm the studio. I'm trying to come to terms with the thought that the appearance of Jacob is making me think that the explanation to Lost may end up being more Science Fiction than Science. :confused5:

Worf101
05-15-2007, 08:24 AM
I may already have to storm the studio. I'm trying to come to terms with the thought that the appearance of Jacob is making me think that the explanation to Lost may end up being more Science Fiction than Science. :confused5:
Did you really think there was some "rational" explanation for all the weird assed chit that goes on around there? Pheh... 4 toed statues and smoke monsters. When WASN'T this place in the Twilight Zone?

Da Worfster

ForeverAutumn
05-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Did you really think there was some "rational" explanation for all the weird assed chit that goes on around there? Pheh... 4 toed statues and smoke monsters. When WASN'T this place in the Twilight Zone?

Da Worfster

Expecting? Not really. Hoping? Yes.

When things turn from Science to Science Fiction, there no longer has to be a rationale for anything. Don't bother trying to come up with theories. Theories are based on facts. Facts are based in reality. Once reality is removed from the equation, anything goes.

I just think that if this show ends with some mystical explanation for everything, I'm gonna feel really ripped off.

GMichael
05-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Expecting? Not really. Hoping? Yes.

When things turn from Science to Science Fiction, there no longer has to be a rationale for anything. Don't bother trying to come up with theories. Theories are based on facts. Facts are based in reality. Once reality is removed from the equation, anything goes.

I just think that if this show ends with some mystical explanation for everything, I'm gonna feel really ripped off.

So, you want a scientific explination like how a transporter works. Or how Warp speed is reached. Not that someone is having a dream. Or spirits?

What if the island is surrounded by an unknown coral wreath that puts out a chemical that makes everyone dream strange dreams? Or that this chemical makes it possible for some people to do things that were never seen before. Things like telekinesis, or manifestations. Maybe Ben has a good control over this ability because he's been there so long, but Lockie is showing a more natural ability?

Just a thought/ramble.

ForeverAutumn
05-15-2007, 10:16 AM
So, you want a scientific explination like how a transporter works. Or how Warp speed is reached. Not that someone is having a dream. Or spirits?

No, I don't want a scientific explanation for how a transporter works. But how about one for why radar or a satelite phone, apparently, doesn't work?

If we're going to base this in Science Fiction, here's my latest theory...

The people on the island are some alien kid's toys. The alien kid, living on another planet, in another solar system, was in the process of a temper tantrum when he threw his toy plane, full of toy Humans against a wall, where it broke into little pieces and landed in his aquarium of more toy humans. Now all the little toy humans have to try to live together peacefully.

The black smoke is the alien kids temper. He picked up Toy Locke and dragged him around a while, but then let him go. He picked up Toy Ecko and banged him around until he fell apart and then died. Why? Because he's just a mean little alien kid.

Jacob is another Toy that the alien kid sometimes plays with. How does he work? Who cares. It's Science Fiction. Make something up.

GMichael
05-15-2007, 10:21 AM
No, I don't want a scientific explanation for how a transporter works. But how about one for why radar or a satelite phone, apparently, doesn't work?

If we're going to base this in Science Fiction, here's my latest theory...

The people on the island are some alien kid's toys. The alien kid, living on another planet, in another solar system, was in the process of a temper tantrum when he threw his toy plane against a wall, where it broke into little pieces and landed in his aquarium of more toy humans. Now all the little toy humans have to try to live together peacefully.

The black smoke is the alien kids temper. He picked up Toy Locke and dragged him around a while, but then let him go. He picked up Toy Ecko and banged him around until he fell apart and then died. Why? Because he's just a mean little alien kid.

Jacob is another Toy that the alien kid sometimes plays with. How does he work? Who cares. It's Science Fiction. Make something up.

This was done on the Twilight Zone already. And quoted by Rush on 2112. Make up something new like my coral therory. :idea: Check above. I may have added that after you quoted me.

Worf101
05-16-2007, 05:18 AM
I'm down with a "Rod Serling" explanation for all that's going on around here. If it's aliens, Dragon's Triangle, space time continum rip whatever... what keeps us coming back isn't so much the "gotcha's" but the character development, or at least it was. The series has found it's way, lost it's way and now has kinda found it again. we'll see what happens. Yeah, I'll be pissed if this is all a dream or a "just before death" dram of lLockes, but hey... I don't write the scripts, I just watch em.

Da Worfster

Worf101
05-16-2007, 05:20 AM

The FIRST step to a full recovery is to admit you have a problem. Congrats!!!

Da Worfster

GMichael
05-16-2007, 05:33 AM
I'm down with a "Rod Serling" explanation for all that's going on around here. If it's aliens, Dragon's Triangle, space time continum rip whatever... what keeps us coming back isn't so much the "gotcha's" but the character development, or at least it was. The series has found it's way, lost it's way and now has kinda found it again. we'll see what happens. Yeah, I'll be pissed if this is all a dream or a "just before death" dram of lLockes, but hey... I don't write the scripts, I just watch em.

Da Worfster

So the island is in another dimension? And there's a tear in the fabric of time & space that surrounds it?

Worf101
05-16-2007, 07:50 AM
So the island is in another dimension? And there's a tear in the fabric of time & space that surrounds it?
If it's good enough for Gene Rodenberry AND Rod Serling, pifft, it's good enough for me.

Da Worfster

GMichael
05-16-2007, 11:33 AM
If it's good enough for Gene Rodenberry AND Rod Serling, pifft, it's good enough for me.

Da Worfster

What about Smokey and the bear? (was that a movie) So these things are just common in the alternate universe? I want more. I want to know what Smokey is. What were the T-rex sounds in the jungle? Why do people keep seeing things? Why are there so many flashbacks (this one is for personal reasons)?

kexodusc
05-17-2007, 06:07 AM
Cool...new Dharma station...so, who were the women Charlie encountered there? Was this finally the first reference to the "accident" that we were tipped off about on that blast door map back in Season 2? Why wasn't the station flooded like Juliet said?

Maybe they aren't "Others"?

Bwa ha ha Worfster, you'll have to wait another week to see Chuckles croak!

ForeverAutumn
05-17-2007, 06:39 AM
Cool...new Dharma station...so, who were the women Charlie encountered there? Was this finally the first reference to the "accident" that we were tipped off about on that blast door map back in Season 2? Why wasn't the station flooded like Juliet said?

Maybe they aren't "Others"?

Bwa ha ha Worfster, you'll have to wait another week to see Chuckles croak!

The new station was interesting. But why has there been no reference to it before? Didn't we know from the orientation tape that thre were six stations? And didn't we already know what all six were? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. There's so much to try to remember!

I think that whole episode was pretty predictable. It was too easy for Charlie to die like Desmond said he would. Nothing comes that easily on Lost. As soon as Charlie broke the surface inside the Looking Glass, I thought, "he's not alone".

A nice set-up for next week though. What do you think will happen? Will our Losties blow up The Others? Will The Others turn on Ben in mutiny? They didn't seem to happy with his decision to attack early or kill anyone who gets in their way. He really is turning into an insane dictator. Will Locke appear just in time to save the day? Will Jack have to make a decision to save Juliet or Kate who are both critically injured (my own prediction for an S3 episode)? Will our Antarctic friends from the last episode in S2 make another appearance? And what, if anything, will we find out about Naomi, who doesn't seem very concerned about being stuck on the island and the war that is about to erupt?

Worf101
05-17-2007, 06:51 AM
Philistines!!!! I wan't Charlie Dead!!!! If they don't kill him after all this sob story build up, I'll burn ABC to the friggin' ground. I HATE this CHIT!!!! Talk about "bait and switch". A whole hour of my life wasted. I predicted two weeks ago that the others would come early, and voila, they do just that. They're the ultimate "red herring" they know what the Losties are gonna do before THEY know what they're gonna do. This is really, really getting on my nerves. No wonder ratings this year are off about 10 Million. I guess I'm not alone in my disgust!!!

Da Worfster

GMichael
05-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Philistines!!!! I wan't Charlie Dead!!!! If they don't kill him after all this sob story build up, I'll burn ABC to the friggin' ground. I HATE this CHIT!!!! Talk about "bait and switch". A whole hour of my life wasted. I predicted two weeks ago that the others would come early, and voila, they do just that. They're the ultimate "red herring" they know what the Losties are gonna do before THEY know what they're gonna do. This is really, really getting on my nerves. No wonder ratings this year are off about 10 Million. I guess I'm not alone in my disgust!!!

Da Worfster

Charlie won't die on an episode that they talk about it. Once his death is predicted, then it won't happen. It will happen during an episode that doesn't seem to involve him. And he may even get drug off by the bear and we'll all have to guess if he's dead or not.

ForeverAutumn
05-17-2007, 08:32 AM
Charlie won't die on an episode that they talk about it. Once his death is predicted, then it won't happen. It will happen during an episode that doesn't seem to involve him. And he may even get drug off by the bear and we'll all have to guess if he's dead or not.

I'm indifferent to whether Charlie kicks it or not. He's not out of the Dharma Station yet. He could still die there. But he won't drown. His death (if it happens) will be much more spectacular than that. And I'm willing to bet that it'll be part of the S3 Season Finale Cliffhanger. But the whole love story evolving with him and Claire is making me gag. The best moment of my life was the moment I met you. ACK! Puleese. Claire can do so much better. Just wait until she sets her eyes on Dr. Richard Bright Eyes. :ihih:

I'm about ready to see Kate land in a hole filled with Dharma bodies. She used to be such a cool chick. These's days she's acting like such a wuss I just wanna kick her.

Here's my S3 Finale/S4 Opener prediction.

End of S3. Charlie manages to flip the switch which turns off the interfering radio signals. In doing so, we have a repeat of Desmond turning the key in the Swan station and the whole thing blows, blowing Charlie to little hobbit bits which the Dharma shark quickly comes and gobbles up. Then our Losties manage to contact Naomi's ship. The call is answered by our Antarctic friends from the end of S2 (after all, she was there because she was looking for Desmond). The show ends with the ship appearing on the horizon.

Beginning of S4. The show opens with a shot of Locke's eye. Through the magic of the island, Locke has survived and recovered from Ben's shot. Locke get's back to the beach just in time to realize what's going on. A helicopter has just left with Claire and Aaron, who everyone agreed should be the first off the island (woman and children first, don't you know). Before the 'copter can land on the ship, Locke finds a way to blow it up! Because that's what Locke does. He blows things up. The 'copter, not being able to land on the ship (obviously) just continues off into the distance and disappears. Claire and Aaron are safely on their way to the land of Michael and Walt, but the rest of the Losties are screwed.

GMichael
05-17-2007, 09:48 AM
the rest of the Losties are screwed.

I never understood why this saying means something bad. Isn't this a good thing?

topspeed
05-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Man, you guys are hardcore! :devil:

I actually liked last night's episode and while I've never been a fan of Charlie, I thought his backstory was well done. I think y'all are too wound up for a First Blood type of war between the Others and Losties.

It was GREAT to see Bernard and his wife again. It only took the entire friggin' season. I missed their "normal" presence as everyone else has some severe character flaw. Who woulda thunk Bernard was a sharpshooter? Looks like it's going to be Sayid, Bernard, and Jin as the front line and from the trailer, there is definitely going to be explosions and bodies flying. The question is whether it's the Others or Losties?

Say what you will about their viewership being off (personally, I think it's from the move to the 10:00pm timeslot, something ABC is rectifying next season), this is still the best show on TV.

By far!

kexodusc
05-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Man, you guys are hardcore! :devil:

I actually liked last night's episode and while I've never been a fan of Charlie, I thought his backstory was well done. I think y'all are too wound up for a First Blood type of war between the Others and Losties.

It was GREAT to see Bernard and his wife again. It only took the entire friggin' season. I missed their "normal" presence as everyone else has some severe character flaw. Who woulda thunk Bernard was a sharpshooter? Looks like it's going to be Sayid, Bernard, and Jin as the front line and from the trailer, there is definitely going to be explosions and bodies flying. The question is whether it's the Others or Losties?

Say what you will about their viewership being off (personally, I think it's from the move to the 10:00pm timeslot, something ABC is rectifying next season), this is still the best show on TV.

By far!

I'm with Topspeed on last night's show. I thought it was great! I'm glad they didn't just take the easy way out and kill Charlie too fast. Some great new developments.

FA - I think if we go back to last year and the Hatch blast door map, we see the off-shore/underwater station mentioned - this isn't new.

As for viewership - a lot worked against Lost this year , the time slot change, broken-up season, and some stronger competition to name a few.
But tales of the show's popularity declining are very premature. According to ABC, more and more people are just electing to watch the show online now. They estimate total viewership is on par this year, except people just aren't staying up late to watch it. This is a trend more than a few TV shows are learning to cope with. The business model is changing, it seems.
Besides, the even the worst Lost episode is still pretty good.

ForeverAutumn
05-17-2007, 11:09 AM
A collegue of mine just pointed out that the woman who Charlie saved from the purse snatcher, who called him a Hero, was Sayid's lost love, Nadia. Yet another connection in the real world.

GMichael
05-18-2007, 05:57 AM
Did anyone see LOST "The Answers" last night? Was it any good? I didn't even know it was on. I saw that my DVR was recording something and checked to see what it was. Haven't had time to view it yet though.

ForeverAutumn
05-18-2007, 07:49 AM
Did anyone see LOST "The Answers" last night? Was it any good? I didn't even know it was on. I saw that my DVR was recording something and checked to see what it was. Haven't had time to view it yet though.

I caught about the last 2/3s. There were no answers. Just the producers giving a synopsis of what we already know. Disappointing, I thought.

How did your DVR record it if you didn't set it up? Does it record anything with the word Lost in the title?

GMichael
05-18-2007, 08:06 AM
How did your DVR record it if you didn't set it up? Does it record anything with the word Lost in the title?

I have it set up to "record the entire series" "first run only" "HD only"
Next thing I knew, the red light was on.
It's the DVR that came from my cable co. My older DVD only records by the times I enter for start and end. It misses a lot but isn't nearly as "quirky" as this Sci 8300HD.

topspeed
05-18-2007, 08:20 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike, that is EXACTLY what happened to me last night, too! :D I'm watching American Chopper and notice the red light on my DVR. I check my menu and it says its recording LOST on the other tuner :yikes:. Naturally, I immediately switched over to see if it was a re-run or whatnot, but then realized it was the "Answers" show. I haven't watched it yet, but will definitely do so this weekend. Good or not, like Kex said, even the worst LOST episode is still good...and better than 99% of the crap out there (don't get me started on what happended to 24 this year :mad: ).

ForeverAutumn
05-18-2007, 09:18 AM
I have it set up to "record the entire series" "first run only" "HD only"
Next thing I knew, the red light was on.
It's the DVR that came from my cable co. My older DVD only records by the times I enter for start and end. It misses a lot but isn't nearly as "quirky" as this Sci 8300HD.

Thanks. I'm still working off an old VCR (I know! Can you believe it?!?!) until we get around to buying our HDTV (which I thought we were buying last February...long story), at which time I'll switch to the cable company's DVR.

GMichael
05-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks. I'm still working off an old VCR (I know! Can you believe it?!?!) until we get around to buying our HDTV (which I thought we were buying last February...long story), at which time I'll switch to the cable company's DVR.

I won't laught too hard. My older DVR does all three. VHS, DVD-R, and an HD built in. I picked it because I do still have the entire B-5 series on VHS. But now that I've seen HD, I doubt that they'll ever get played again.
The newer one from the cable co does a great job in some ways but has issues of it's own.
I'll have to watch the Lost answers tonight. Maybe (hahaha maybe?) I missed something that I should know.

topspeed
05-22-2007, 09:04 AM
"Answers" was pretty good, IMO. It brought back a lot of things that I had admittedly forgotten about. Again, the producers proclaimed the Losties are not in Purgatory. It was nice to see them address some of the theories being bandied about by all Lost fanatics.

48 hours left before it's the end of decent television as we know it until College Football Season :(.

GMichael
05-22-2007, 09:12 AM
"Answers" was pretty good, IMO. It brought back a lot of things that I had admittedly forgotten about. Again, the producers proclaimed the Losties are not in Purgatory. It was nice to see them address some of the theories being bandied about by all Lost fanatics.

48 hours left before it's the end of decent television as we know it until College Football Season :(.

I enjoyed "Answers". There were a lot of answers in there that I missed before.

Guess I'll have to go out and enjoy the weather instead.

Kam
05-23-2007, 08:51 AM
whew! ok, i'm caught up on the thread. (i was away last week dealing with some deaths in the family.)

i've been on the bermuda triangle/crossdimensional/timewarped island theory for a while and still think it's the best best that's "where" they are. Especially with Naomi's few conversations about there was nothing here until she flew over, the clouds parted, and low and behold there was an island.

48 episodes to go after tonight! I think this 5 season run is going to be an amazing show overall. this is my fav show and quite possibly may be my fav tv show of all time. i've never been this invested, intrigued, and irritated by one show ever before. as much as i loved cheers and seinfeld, i was fine with missing a week here or there, not catching the entire season. But with Lost, i just can NOT miss an episode.

now... of course give my lunacy, i've already had a few ideas for the Season 3 thread title. hehehehe. i am sick.

kexodusc
05-23-2007, 09:02 AM
whew! ok, i'm caught up on the thread. (i was away last week dealing with some deaths in the family.)

i've been on the bermuda triangle/crossdimensional/timewarped island theory for a while and still think it's the best best that's "where" they are. Especially with Naomi's few conversations about there was nothing here until she flew over, the clouds parted, and low and behold there was an island.

48 episodes to go after tonight! I think this 5 season run is going to be an amazing show overall. this is my fav show and quite possibly may be my fav tv show of all time. i've never been this invested, intrigued, and irritated by one show ever before. as much as i loved cheers and seinfeld, i was fine with missing a week here or there, not catching the entire season. But with Lost, i just can NOT miss an episode.

now... of course give my lunacy, i've already had a few ideas for the Season 3 thread title. hehehehe. i am sick.

Hey Kam, think you mean season 4 :ciappa:

Sorry to hear about your family. Was wondering where you were.

I think you're right - the island is just a mystical magical place in the middle of the Pacific somewhere. Which is probably what drew the Dharma/Hostiles crowds to it in the first place?

How long is the season finale scheduled to be...gotta set my PVR again :(

Kam
05-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Hey Kam, think you mean season 4 :ciappa:

Sorry to hear about your family. Was wondering where you were.

I think you're right - the island is just a mystical magical place in the middle of the Pacific somewhere. Which is probably what drew the Dharma/Hostiles crowds to it in the first place?

How long is the season finale scheduled to be...gotta set my PVR again :(

doh! yes, meant season 4.

finale is two hours tonight, 9-11pm EST.

edit: and thanks for the thoughts: dad, grandmother, and cat of 17 years all in one week. wasn't an easy week.

topspeed
05-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Two hour finale tonight, Kex.

10 hours, 56 minutes...Yeah, baby!

BTW, Sorry to hear about your losses, Kam. Keep your chin up, big guy.

ForeverAutumn
05-23-2007, 10:09 AM
edit: and thanks for the thoughts: dad, grandmother, and cat of 17 years all in one week. wasn't an easy week.

That's gotta count for one of the sh!ttiest weeks of all time. My condolences.

Worf101
05-23-2007, 04:45 PM
My thoughts are with ya brother (and I mean that in a non-lostian Scots accent way). Loss is hard but remember, you got family HERE....

Da Worfster

ForeverAutumn
05-23-2007, 07:06 PM
WTF?!

I'm gonna need some time to digest all of that. So many questions... I don't even know where to begin. :confused5:

Kam
05-23-2007, 07:30 PM
WTF?!

I'm gonna need some time to digest all of that. So many questions... I don't even know where to begin. :confused5:

so it wasn't a flashback but a flashforward? we know three of them got off the island, jack, kate, and whoever was in the coffin?

woh.

Worf101
05-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Well guess we didn't see THAT comin. Lost Horizon all over again. He's now tryin' to get back to Shangri La. Snort. I think they just lost a boat load of people with that one.

Da Worfster

topspeed
05-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Warning: The following post is stream of consciousness...(too confused to form coherent paragraphs)

My money is on Sawyer being in the coffin. That would be the only reason Jack would think Kate would be there. The whole "love triangle" thingie.

That flashforward bit was a serious curve ball! As far as pulling the string, that ranks right of there with Kaiser Soze and I See Dead People. "Whoa" is an understatement! Kate is married(?), drives a Volvo, and looks hotter than ever...while Jack is an alcoholic junkie hooked on pain killers with serious suicidal tendencies. Did anyone else pick up the "Leaving Las Vegas" vibe? Drink yourself to death and all that. At least we know why all the charts and maps were strewn out all over his apartment floor.

Very nice touch how Charlie told Des that Naomi isn't who she said she was. I never really cared for his character, but the last couple of episodes actually make me sad to see him go.

Locke sees Walt. Ummm, oooookaaay. He has "work to do" (nice little smile after Walt says that btw). What the hell is that? First, he has a gunshot wound...then he's paralyzed again...and now his boo-boo is fixed and he's fine?!? How'd he find that tower in the first freakin' place?!? Granted, if an island magically fixed my gunshot wound and paralysis, I'd be hesitant to leave as well, but why keep everyone else there and what's with the "Jack, you weren't supposed to do that." (something that proves very prophetic by Jack's condition at the end of the show).

I gotta admit, this episode had me pretty pumped! Numerous times I'm yelling at the tube "Yes!" such as when Hurley came flying in on the Vdub or Des speared Cyclops (who apparently is immortal).

Man, I'm thoroughly confused now...and completely pissed we have to wait 7 months to get this show started again! :D

What a show! I'm with Kam, this show could go down as one of the best in history!

kexodusc
05-24-2007, 04:06 AM
Hurley and the VW van was classic!

Yeah, the flashforward thing totally threw us off at home too, though my wife was asking me before the end of the show about Jack's pregnant ex-wife, that she sure blimped up fast, etc...so I think she clued in a bit. Did Jack not also discuss his Dad with that other doctor in the future? What's up with that?

Well, Worfsters lust for blood should have been satisfied with the unfortunate death of one of my favorite characters. Charlie was great, he wasn't a bad guy, wasn't a good guy, but he was very real - he played the whole troubled young annoying dude to perfection! You hated him because it worked. Gonna miss him...

Nice to see the Rousseau family reunited - tell me that wasn't an "aaawwwww" moment.

For not being in the tower in 16 years, Rousseau sure knew her way around the electronics in there...hmmm.

Also, anyone else find it just a bit weird that Locke was so anti-killing a few shows ago, but now has no problems chucking a knife to the back of an unknown woman?

I love the banter between Sawyer and Juliet - "what were the rocks from the chain gain for"
"we were building a runway"
"for what"
"the aliens"...ROFLMAO.
As if that totally wasn't a playful shot at some of the fans. I heard a collective scream of "I knew it" and then a "Ooohhh" right after in my hotel.

Best show ever.

So, whaddya wanna be this "temple" is somewhere near those giant 4 toed statues?

Kam
05-24-2007, 04:23 AM
Locke sees Walt. Ummm, oooookaaay. He has "work to do" (nice little smile after Walt says that btw). What the hell is that? First, he has a gunshot wound...then he's paralyzed again...and now his boo-boo is fixed and he's fine?!? How'd he find that tower in the first freakin' place?!? Granted, if an island magically fixed my gunshot wound and paralysis, I'd be hesitant to leave as well, but why keep everyone else there and what's with the "Jack, you weren't supposed to do that." (something that proves very prophetic by Jack's condition at the end of the show).

quick thought before i forget it:
Locke has "flashed" like desmond has. So he's seen another version of those events where Jack did NOT answer the call and did back down and they stayed on the island. Just like Desmond DID do what he was supposed to in finally breaking Penny's heart. Isn't that the exact same line the lady in the jewelry shop said "You weren't supposed to do that." when desmond decided he would buy the ring.

Except in this case, Locke didn't "correct" the timeline, but let it play out.

kexodusc
05-24-2007, 05:03 AM
quick thought before i forget it:
Locke has "flashed" like desmond has. So he's seen another version of those events where Jack did NOT answer the call and did back down and they stayed on the island. Just like Desmond DID do what he was supposed to in finally breaking Penny's heart. Isn't that the exact same line the lady in the jewelry shop said "You weren't supposed to do that." when desmond decided he would buy the ring.

Except in this case, Locke didn't "correct" the timeline, but let it play out.

This is the exact same theory my wife came up with....modified a bit to throw in Walt's involvement. Lots of people on this island getting visions of the future it seems.

Groundbeef
05-24-2007, 05:15 AM
It was a GREAT episode.

The flash forward threw me for a loop as well.

Some theories:

1. Didn't anyone else catch Jack say to the Chief Resident "Go upstairs and get my DAD, if I am drunker than him, then fire me!". How the hell is dear ol' DAD alive? Jack went to Sydney to collect the body. So either the time spent on the island was in the past, or there are some weird timing issues going on.

2. Dead body, I bet it's Ben. He comes back, cancer returns, dies. It's not Sawyer, as he was popular enough to at least get someone to see him. Ben- Not so much. At this point he is hated by his tribe, and the Losties hate him as well.

3. Not sure how Desomond is going to work with the info that Charlie provided. No doubt however, that Penny is going to re-double efforts to find the island now that she knows that Desomond is alive and well.

Also, remember that Ben said that the electronics are sealed, and water won't hurt them. So I guess it would be feasible that they could start up jamming if needed.

4. I think that Locke is having premonitions like Desomond. Same as stated as above. However, I don't think that he will let things play out the way that would result in Jack living a misreable life.

Resident Loser
05-24-2007, 05:19 AM
...considered the possibility that the projection of keeping the show running 'til 20-whatever was a red herring, in the style of the show itself...

I understand it's ratings have been down and maybe the show ended last night, leaving us with as many questions as we have ever had while at the same time wrapping up a few loose ends...However...

The cavalry, in the form of a Hurley-driven Micro-bus, was a Saturday-afternoon-movie "Hurray!!!" moment...and yes, I'm old enough to remember those...Sayid (sic) snapping the guys' neck with his ankles was another...as was Sawyers dispatch of Tom (?) with the almost Bond-ian retort of "I didn't believe him" to Hurley's protestations...And of course Jack's bodywork on Ben was satisfying and a long time coming...Bu-u-u-t-t-t-t...

Meanwhile, back at however...the flash forward was certainly a cool device, unexpected...Now for some questions...Kate? Roaming free after being captured, taken into custody and returning to face the music on the downed flight...I don't think so...Fly-in-the-ointment time...Surely the "authorities" and the press would expose her and I don't think she would be free to have a late night rendezvous with Dr. Demento aka Jack...Whom did she have to go back to? Sawyer is the most likely? Or was Sawyer in the casket? Who was in the casket?

Nobody showed up at the funeral...which seems to have been in a predominantly black neighborhood...Hurley had people (besides it wasn't a double-wide)...Locke? After all, he pretty much murdered parachute woman and I'm sure that would have to come out somewhere along the line... Did his spate of good health end upon leaving the island? Did he leave the island? He was pretty much alone and may have been thought as a pariah by some of the losties...Desmond? well, he still seemed to have ties to Penny...Walt?

And what's with the polar bears and the black fog? What became of the stolen kids? The others? Just inconvenient artifacts? And if Charlie had the time to write a message on his hand, he certainly had the opportunity to take a big gulp of air, escape through the blasted porthole and swim to the surface, doncha' think? Or at least gotten on the other side of the water-tight hatch, donned some scuba gear and left the station with Desmond...All a bit sloppy IMO...

If it ain't over, will we find out it was someones dream? Or were we guests at one of Desmond's precognitive visions?

jimHJJ(...and if it is actually over, I guess it was as good a way as any to have done so...)

ForeverAutumn
05-24-2007, 05:36 AM
... And if Charlie had the time to write a message on his hand, he certainly had the opportunity to take a big gulp of air, escape through the blasted porthole and swim to the surface, doncha' think? Or at least gotten on the other side of the water-tight hatch, donned some scuba gear and left the station with Desmond...All a bit sloppy IMO...

I had the exact same thoughts as I was watching last night. I just didn't buy the Charlie had to drown bit.

I have so many theories running through my head. I need to sort them out. But one of my collegues asked a very good question this morning that got me thinking (even more). She asked...

What happened on the island that Jack feels such a deep desire to go back to it? What went wrong that he needs to fix?

I need to chew on that for a while...

kexodusc
05-24-2007, 06:03 AM
I think the Charlie not escaping bit is simply explained by the fact that Desmonds (unclear) vision just planted it into Charlie's head that he had to sacrifice himself for Claire and all the Losties to escape. He probably just thought in a second of panic that he had to do it, forget that he could have possibly got out.

Groundbeef: That's EXACTLY what I was referring to in post 580 - I thought maybe I remembered wrong - but maybe Jack's just losing his mind and forgot his Dad was dead? Or maybe bearded Jack in the Hospital was pre-Island, and the end scene w/ Kate was post-island?

JSE
05-24-2007, 06:14 AM
I had the exact same thoughts as I was watching last night. I just didn't buy the Charlie had to drown bit.

Charlie's not dead! It was too easy. The last time we saw him he was meeting his end floating next to that open porthole. I think Desmond will somehow, swim around and get him. He's got scuba gear. He'll pull him up to the boat, do the CPR thing and whamo.............Worf has another season of aggravation.

My wife and I both picked up on the Flashforward thing right away. For some reason, the beard gave it away. Like you guys, the talking about his dad being upstairs did not make sense to me. The only explanation is the whole "Time Warp" issue. Did Jack and Kate reverse time somehow? Is that what they did wrong? Did going back in time or reversing time "correct" some things in the past? That would explain why Jack's dad is alive. He had to bring him back to "fix" him. That would explain why Kate is free. I bet it's either Lock or Sawyer in the pine box. They are the two people no one would show up for. Either way, Jack and Kate are the only ones who remember the Island in the flashforward. Jack "fixed" it for everyone some how. It (the island/crash) never happened for everyone else once Jack and Kate changed the past somehow? Remember when the funeral home director asked if Jack was Family or Friend? He said neither. In the new present Jack and Kate created, Locke or Sawyer never new Jack. Now that things have spiraled out of control for Jack, he wants to go back to the Island to "fix" everything again. He's a wreck, Somebody is dead and he lost Kate. He needs to go back. I can see the show maybe taking two tracks/storylines now. One of Jack and maybe Kate going back to the Island in the future and the original story line. Two dimensions of stories being told at the same time. You think we are confused now?

Wow, this stuff is making my head hurt. I actually lost sleep last night thinking about the show. Granted all of the above is a result of lack of sleep, infomation overload and large amounts of morning caffeine but I bet some of it's true.

One thing I would bet the farm on, Charlie is not dead or at least not for long. Desmond will save him again.

Kam
05-24-2007, 07:00 AM
jse - woh! now there's a theory and a half!

i've been trying to figure out the "go get my father from upstairs and if i'm more drunk than he is..." exchange into the time. so... in my ramblings of lists...

1. we are post-crash and jack is just out of it and doesn't remember his dad is dead, its just a slip in his own memory/ series of events.

2. we are post-crash, they have been rescued, and jack's dad was found alive on the island and brought back, and they both jump back into the hospital biz again.

3. we are pre-crash and jack/kate have 'flash jumped' into themselves in the past, but with the knowledge of the island and have prevented it all from happening. or at least Jack stopped his dad from going to australia.

4. we saw both flash backs and flash forwards in all of the 'jack-has-a-beard' sequence of events.

eh... i don't really like any of those... gotta be a better one out there....

JSE
05-24-2007, 07:18 AM
3. we are pre-crash and jack/kate have 'flash jumped' into themselves in the past, but with the knowledge of the island and have prevented it all from happening. or at least Jack stopped his dad from going to australia.

I thought about that one as well around 3am last night but....

Remember when Jack and Kate were talking at the Airport? Jack mentioned their "Gold Passes". Sounds like the airline gave them lifetime free passes on travel. So, it appears the crash did happen and they were rescued or at least got off the island somehow.

Edit: Of course that kindof blows a hole in my theory as well. Maybe.

Re Edit: Not if Jack and Kate were the only survivors? Doh! My head is hurting again.

Now that I think about it, I doubt it's Locke in the coffin. I doubt he would ever leave the Island for any reason. When this thing is all over and done with, I'm betting Locke will be dead or he stays on the island. He's "the man" on is the island in his mind.

Kam
05-24-2007, 08:10 AM
I thought about that one as well around 3am last night but....

Remember when Jack and Kate were talking at the Airport? Jack mentioned their "Gold Passes". Sounds like the airline gave them lifetime free passes on travel. So, it appears the crash did happen and they were rescued or at least got off the island somehow.

Edit: Of course that kindof blows a hole in my theory as well. Maybe.

Re Edit: Not if Jack and Kate were the only survivors? Doh! My head is hurting again.

Now that I think about it, I doubt it's Locke in the coffin. I doubt he would ever leave the Island for any reason. When this thing is all over and done with, I'm betting Locke will be dead or he stays on the island. He's "the man" on is the island in his mind.

ahhhhh that's right. so it has to be post-crash.....

so then the reconciliation has to be how is it post-crash, yet jack's dad is alive?

topspeed
05-24-2007, 08:29 AM
This has to be some kind of space/time continuum thing. I don't think Des', Locke's, or anyone else's visions are flashes of the future. Rather, they are repressed memories of the past. These guys have been here before, were rescued (or whatever), and are now living it out all over again. It's like deja vu all over again!

Where's my flux capacitor?!?

As for Christian being alive, I've got nothing.

It has to be Sawyer in the casket. Locke would never leave the island. Hell, on the island he's immortal like Mikhial! Shoot him, drop him from a skyscraper...the Lockester just keeps on comin'! Besides, Locke's girlfriend (Peggy from Married with Children) would have shown up at his funeral. No, only Sawyer was enough of a loner to die alone.

Worf101
05-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Yeah I got some theories...

1. Walt's in the Casket, or Locke, certainly NOT Hurley (not wide enough). But my money's on Sawyer. When he lost his reason for living, his Daddy he became the "baddass" he always pretended to be. Naw, it's Sawyer in the casket, buried on the wrong side of town.

2. They changed the time line with their getting off the Island. The rich and the powerful have been searching for that Island because it's "soul" or whatever it is represented by Cerebus or what's his name has the power to heal and prolong life.. the veritable "fountain of youth" which Dharma and other's would pay anything to get their hands on and exploit. This is what Ben had given his life to protect the Island from explotation, ruination and death of it's special proerties.

3. Charlie's not dead, they'll bring him back in some sick way. God I hate this show, God I love this show. Who the hell is stupid enough to marry Freckles? Someone with a death wish.

Da Worfster

Kam
05-24-2007, 08:58 AM
This has to be some kind of space/time continuum thing. I don't think Des', Locke's, or anyone else's visions are flashes of the future. Rather, they are repressed memories of the past. These guys have been here before, were rescued (or whatever), and are now living it out all over again. It's like deja vu all over again!

Where's my flux capacitor?!?

As for Christian being alive, I've got nothing.

It has to be Sawyer in the casket. Locke would never leave the island. Hell, on the island he's immortal like Mikhial! Shoot him, drop him from a skyscraper...the Lockester just keeps on comin'! Besides, Locke's girlfriend (Peggy from Married with Children) would have shown up at his funeral. No, only Sawyer was enough of a loner to die alone.

but i think the flashes are more than that, if they are similar to how they showed it in the desmond-centric episode. desmond 'jumped' into his body pre-crash, but with the same knowledge he had about everything that had transpired... (who won the soccer game, the guy coming in to hit the bartender, etc). so with that knowledge, he could have changed the future and stayed with Penny. But he knew if he did, then he wouldnt be there to push the button and 'save the world'. so he HAD to keep on the same course that he originally went on, even though he had a choice to do so or not.

the dharma (or whoever) plants that are out in the world, are there to make sure these "jumpers" stay the course in the real world. i don't think those people are ever aware of the multiple timelines, they are just told, Desmond will come into your shop many times, and each time he will put the ring down and walk away. IF he does not, this is what you tell him. and if you don't convince him, the world would end.

but it gets tricky when desmond starts 'jumping' while on the island (ala all the charlie death sequences he's been preventing).

now i think locke is also 'jumping' because he too was a part of the hatch when it imploded/exploded/deploded/whateverploded.

SIDE NOTE: who's eye will be focussed on opening in season 4?
season 1 - jack's eye
season 2 - desmond's eye
season 3 - locke's eye (right?)

kexodusc
05-24-2007, 09:16 AM
SIDE NOTE: who's eye will be focussed on opening in season 4?
season 1 - jack's eye
season 2 - desmond's eye
season 3 - locke's eye (right?)

I'm putting my money on Ben, Desmond, and possibly Charlie for the eye thing.
Ben because he's all beat up and could conceivably be lying down staring at the sky...Desmond and Charlie likewise, if Charlie's still alive. I don't think he is though, but who knows with this show.

Still wanna know where Michael and Walt are. At this pace Walt will have a beard next time we see him.

ForeverAutumn
05-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Wouldn't it be a hoot if Mikhail was the eye opener? Hehehe.

Why do we think that Kate is married? She mentioned that "he" will wonder where I am. But do we know for sure that she's married? Did I miss something or are you guys just making an assumption?

I think that it was Jacob, in Walt's form, who saved Locke. After Ben shot Locke and Locke told him that Jacob said "help me", Ben made a comment along the lines of, "let's see if Jacob helps you".

GMichael
05-24-2007, 09:46 AM
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I couldn't resist this week! I never get to see Lost until Thursday nights, so I normally avoid this thread. But I couldn't help myself today. It sounds like this was the episode to end all episodes. Can't wait to see it tonight.

Kam,

Very sorry to read about your loses. Please accept my best wishes for you and you loved ones.

Kam
05-24-2007, 09:57 AM
it could be, like season 2, a character that we havent even met yet.

or... maybe Michael's eye opening while he's adrift at sea? and walt isn't on the boat with him. so he tries to go back to the island to find his son.

GM, FA, Worfster, and others - thank you very much for the kind wishes. it does help immensely to have support from all over.

another side note: it's wonderfully strange and beautiful to me, how a bunch of strangers can really create a 'community' environment on an internet message board. :)

ForeverAutumn
05-24-2007, 10:36 AM
another side note: it's wonderfully strange and beautiful to me, how a bunch of strangers can really create a 'community' environment on an internet message board. :)

I agree. I think that at some point someone needs to organize an AudioReview convention. Worf can wear his Klingon suit.

BTW, I also caught that Jack's cell phone looked too new to be 2004 but put it down to a production error and forgot about it. Looking back, it should have been a clue.

What's the deal with the Golden Passes for the airline. According to Oceanic's web site, they're still out of business. Did Lost give up on the multi-media frenzy of S1 and S2?

Kam
05-24-2007, 10:41 AM
BTW, I also caught that Jack's cell phone looked too new to be 2004 but put it down to a production error and forgot about it. Looking back, it should have been a clue.

speaking of phones, what about Naomi's high tech ginormous monstrosity. is that typical of a sattelite phone to look like that, or is that another clue that not everyone is even from the same timeline? could naomi's ship be from 2020?

Groundbeef
05-24-2007, 10:59 AM
BW, I also caught that Jack's cell phone looked too new to be 2004 but put it down to a production error and forgot about it. Looking back, it should have been a clue.

Yep, it looked to be a MOTO Krazar, and that is SO 2006. Well after they went down. That was the one thing that nagged me everytime they had a "flashback". After I realized it was a "flashforward" it made much more sense.

And why does everyone assume that no one would come see Sawyer if he died? Say what you will about him, but he DID have some interest in the Losties. He did more than his share to carry the load of protection for the Losties, and did return to camp to see if he could help out Jin, Sayied and the old dude.

I stand by that it was Ben. Just because I can see Jack keeping him alive after the rescue because he didn't actually kill Jin, Sayied,and the old dude. What better revenge than to have him die from cancer off the island.

It sorta makes sense as the others have grown increasingly weary of his iron fist rule, and probably wouldn't make a fuss if he left.

As far as Charlie, I think he is dead-dead. We may see him later, aka Walt, Jacks Dad, or Ben's Mom style, but he is dead. Its too bad, I thought he was pretty good.

kexodusc
05-24-2007, 11:23 AM
I stand by that it was Ben. Just because I can see Jack keeping him alive after the rescue because he didn't actually kill Jin, Sayied,and the old dude. What better revenge than to have him die from cancer off the island.

As far as Charlie, I think he is dead-dead. We may see him later, aka Walt, Jacks Dad, or Ben's Mom style, but he is dead. Its too bad, I thought he was pretty good.

I'm with ya on both accounts - though I think Charlie would represent the first original Lostie with long-term plans to bite the bullet, so maybe there's still some chance he'll make it. Boone and Shannon were short-term characters from Day 1.

The casket dude was neither friend, nor family, yet was important enough for Jack to visit. Sawyer had a few friends at least - he and Hurley have a bond of sorts now. I think Jack and Kate would be at his service.

The only other guy I think fits the neither friend nor family profile might be Locke...from Jack's perpsective, they've been butting heads for a little over 2 seasons now.

Guess we'll just have to wait n' see...

Question of the day....did Mikhail "Iron Lung" Bakunin get blown up by the grenade, or did he get away? How far could you really get away from a grenade underwater?

Groundbeef
05-24-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm with ya on both accounts - though I think Charlie would represent the first original Lostie with long-term plans to bite the bullet, so maybe there's still some chance he'll make it. Boone and Shannon were short-term characters from Day 1.

The casket dude was neither friend, nor family, yet was important enough for Jack to visit. Sawyer had a few friends at least - he and Hurley have a bond of sorts now. I think Jack and Kate would be at his service.

The only other guy I think fits the neither friend nor family profile might be Locke...from Jack's perpsective, they've been butting heads for a little over 2 seasons now.

Guess we'll just have to wait n' see...

Question of the day....did Mikhail "Iron Lung" Bakunin get blown up by the grenade, or did he get away? How far could you really get away from a grenade underwater?

Well, this is LOST, so odds are that Mikhail lives. Realistically, a grenade underwater would probably be a bit MORE dangerous than one on land. (within say 10-15 meters)

1. Grenades are heavy, and one would assume sink rapidly. So, in order for the blast to happen near the portal, he would have either had to drop overhead, and hope it blew at just the right moment, or held it until it either blew up, or be very, very lucky.

2. Underwater, it wouldn't be the actual blast that would kill you, it would be the change in water pressure. Simliar to the physics of a depth charge. Its not the actual "bomb" that kills the sub, its the crushing change in water pressure in a concentrated area that crumples the hull. I doubt Mikhail, and his "iron" lungs would survive the water/shock wave.

musicman1999
05-24-2007, 02:20 PM
When Jack is sitting in his truck before he goes into the parlor he reads the announcement and if you freeze frame the paper you can make out --The body of J----
--ntham of New York was found.The spaces were obscured by a bend in the paper.Name does not sound familiar to me.

bill

Kam
05-24-2007, 04:32 PM
not that i'm trying to bump up the replies, but oddly enough the thread has seemed to mimic the actual seasons.

Season 2: and I'm Lost all over again....
624 Replies and 9,410 views.

Season 3: 'Tis better to have loved Lost than never to have loved at all....
604 Replies and 7,568 views.

So while the replies are very close to even, the viewership has dropped off slightly... interrrrresting. so... please, only 20 more replies after this one! haha :)

ForeverAutumn
05-24-2007, 08:25 PM
When Jack is sitting in his truck before he goes into the parlor he reads the announcement and if you freeze frame the paper you can make out --The body of J----
--ntham of New York was found.The spaces were obscured by a bend in the paper.Name does not sound familiar to me.

bill

Here's what Sledgeweb has to say...

http://lost.cubit.net/viewEgg.php?id=294

It would be just like the Lost producers to make the dead guy someone that we haven't even met yet! Yet another thing to have to wait until January (at least) to find out.

Worf101
05-25-2007, 03:42 AM
I agree. I think that at some point someone needs to organize an AudioReview convention. Worf can wear his Klingon suit.
Vwery Fwunny Wabbit. The idea boggles the mind. We do have a community here and it would be great to have a convention or "meet and greet", however I'm also sure that local law enforcement would frown on such an affair. Can you imagine the headlines. Heck if half of what goes on in our warped imaginations went on at a 'Real Party", the indictments would never stop comin. But I'm all for it, soon as I get off this blasted island!!!! Summava*****es left without me!!! Hey, JSE bring that chopper back here!!!

Da Worfster

Resident Loser
05-25-2007, 05:12 AM
...FWIW the real Jeremy Bentham was influenced by the real John Locke...Both were English philosophers...Check out the Wikipedia article re: Bentham and his Auto-Icon...weirdness abounds...

jimHJJ(...IMHO...)

GMichael
05-25-2007, 05:12 AM
Vwery Fwunny Wabbit. The idea boggles the mind. We do have a community here and it would be great to have a convention or "meet and greet", however I'm also sure that local law enforcement would frown on such an affair. Can you imagine the headlines. Heck if half of what goes on in our warped imaginations went on at a 'Real Party", the indictments would never stop comin. But I'm all for it, soon as I get off this blasted island!!!! Summava*****es left without me!!! Hey, JSE bring that chopper back here!!!

Da Worfster

Only if you save Charlie first.

eugene49
05-28-2007, 05:24 PM
I like Lost. Every scene is intriguing and moving.

ForeverAutumn
05-29-2007, 06:40 AM
I like Lost. Every scene is intriguing and moving.

Welcome to the party Eugene. Stick around for Season 4!

JSE
05-29-2007, 08:29 AM
Less than 24 hrs to go until tomorrow night's episode!!!!!!!:3:

Can't wait!

Ahhhhhh Crap! :shocked:

Now what? :17:

JSE walks over to the watercooler and nobody's there. Where did everyone go? Shuffles off with head down.

GMichael
05-29-2007, 09:29 AM
(water cooler guy walks in with 8 new water bottles in tow, sees that all the old water bottles are still full, grumbles something about Sir T and an old printer, turns and walks away)

Rich-n-Texas
05-29-2007, 06:52 PM
So is tomorrow's episode the season finale? Gawd I hope so!!! :biggrin5:

(Donns Flame suit) :eek:

ForeverAutumn
05-30-2007, 04:18 AM
My sister-in-law came by on Monday night to pick up the S1 and S2 DVDs. She's never watched Lost but is very curious about my obsession. I know that she'll get hooked.

Finally, I'll have someone local to discuss the show with!

But no worries, my fellow obsessors, this will still be my first Lost stop.

Worf101
05-30-2007, 05:07 AM
My sister-in-law came by on Monday night to pick up the S1 and S2 DVDs. She's never watched Lost but is very curious about my obsession. I know that she'll get hooked.

Finally, I'll have someone local to discuss the show with!

But no worries, my fellow obsessors, this will still be my first Lost stop.
Like selling cigarettes in a schoolyard. HAVE YOU NO SHAME WOMAN??? Would you really get someone else "hooked" on a show that has you losing sleep at night. A show that has you wandering around sans purpose for months at a time while it's on hiatus. A show that seem bent on driving every single one of us stark raving mad with questions and second guessing? You must REALLY hate your sis-in-law one helluva lot.:devil:

Da Worfster

ForeverAutumn
05-30-2007, 05:25 AM
Like selling cigarettes in a schoolyard. HAVE YOU NO SHAME WOMAN??? Would you really get someone else "hooked" on a show that has you losing sleep at night. A show that has you wandering around sans purpose for months at a time while it's on hiatus. A show that seem bent on driving every single one of us stark raving mad with questions and second guessing? You must REALLY hate your sis-in-law one helluva lot.:devil:

Da Worfster

I know. It was kind of a mean thing to do, wasn't it? But as she watches S1 and 2, she'll want to talk about it. And I'm the person that she'll come to! Call me selfish, but my life has purpose again.

She got me hooked on Desperate Housewives. And the reality show Big Brother, which is truly the biggest time waster of all being on three nights a week! So I figure we're even now.

Has anyone heard anything about when S3 will be released on DVD?

GMichael
05-30-2007, 07:04 AM
I know. It was kind of a mean thing to do, wasn't it? But as she watches S1 and 2, she'll want to talk about it. And I'm the person that she'll come to! Call me selfish, but my life has purpose again.

She got me hooked on Desperate Housewives. And the reality show Big Brother, which is truly the biggest time waster of all being on three nights a week! So I figure we're even now.

She'll love you for it. But you really need a new hobby.

Turnabout is fair play?

I haven't heard, but my business guess would be, a week or two before S4 starts.

kexodusc
05-30-2007, 07:06 AM

Wikipedia says Sept 11...

ForeverAutumn
05-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Please check out my Official Thursday Watercooler Thread (http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=22959) in the General Forum.

ForeverAutumn
08-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Have you guys seen this (http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index)? It's an orientation video for Station Six...The Orchid.

Very, very interesting.

Edit: I've tried to decipher some of the flashes.

At around 0:37 there is a quick flash of DeGoot.

Around 0:48 is a picture of a building. It looks like there's a statue or someone standing on a pedestal, in front of it. But I can't make out what it is.

Around 1:08 a sign is flashed. I think it says, "God loves you as he loves Jacob".

Around 1:43 is a film of someone riding a bicycle, but the film is upside down. It looks like it could be Echo or his brother as a child.

JSE
08-09-2007, 06:22 AM
Have you guys seen this (http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index)? It's an orientation video for Station Six...The Orchid.

Very, very interesting.

Around 0:48 is a picture of a building. It looks like there's a statue or someone standing on a pedestal, in front of it. But I can't make out what it is.

Around 1:08 a sign is flashed. I think it says, "God loves you as he loves Jacob".

Around 1:43 is a film of someone riding a bicycle, but the film is upside down. It looks like it could be Echo or his brother as a child.

So both rabbits are No. 15? The second one on the shelf just appears and he asks something like "when did you set the shift". They both seem to be the same rabbit and he is intent are keeping them apart. Is there some weird time shift/alternate time warp thingy/time travel stuff going on? Just from watching Sci Fi stuff, it always seems to be a bad idea for someone or something to meet itself when time travelling. They can't occupy the same space.

BTW, I think your right about "God loves you as he loves Jacob". Not sure about who's on the bicycle or what buidling that is. The video took about 5 minutes to load her at my office so I will have to watch it more in depth tonight at home.

GMichael
08-09-2007, 06:28 AM
Holey thread revival Batman! Is it time to start thinking of next season?

kexodusc
08-09-2007, 07:10 AM

Very, very interesting.

I have a feeling the 2 rabbit thingy was intended as bait for us - to think there's an alternate universe or time warp thingy going on - then we'll find that it's something completely different.

Damn, I miss this show - is it, uh, January yet?

Kam
08-24-2007, 08:37 AM
btw... i've got another great thread title for season 4 :)

kexodusc
08-24-2007, 09:58 AM
btw... i've got another great thread title for season 4 :)
I expected no less..

Just gotta wait 4-1/2 months or so...

Kam
08-24-2007, 10:40 AM
I expected no less..

Just gotta wait 4-1/2 months or so...

well nothing like a leeeetle bit of anticipation to help whet the apetite.... can't wait for the season 3 dvd's to come out so can go blind with 70 hrs straight of Lost.

kexodusc
08-24-2007, 11:02 AM
well nothing like a leeeetle bit of anticipation to help whet the apetite.... can't wait for the season 3 dvd's to come out so can go blind with 70 hrs straight of Lost.
Well that's true...I've only seen each episode once or twice (and season 3 once mostly).
I recall getting season 2 and being amazed at how many subtle hints, clues, and preludes to the future, and just outright cool little details were in each show.
Can't wait for season 3...btw, when does that hit stores again? Decemeber?

ForeverAutumn
08-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Can't wait for season 3...btw, when does that hit stores again? Decemeber?

December 11, according to Amazon. I could swear that back in May the release date was September 11. I was getting excited that it was coming up too. Now I'm just disappointed. :nonod:

Good thing that I still have all the S3 episodes that I taped on VHS! :)

GMichael
08-27-2007, 07:21 AM
December 11, according to Amazon. I could swear that back in May the release date was September 11. I was getting excited that it was coming up too. Now I'm just disappointed. :nonod:

Good thing that I still have all the S3 episodes that I taped on VHS! :)

What's a VHS?

ForeverAutumn
08-27-2007, 10:15 AM
What's a VHS?

It's what the cavemen used to chisel scenes from their favourite TV shows into rocks so that they could view them later.

GMichael
08-27-2007, 10:21 AM
It's what the cavemen used to chisel scenes from their favourite TV shows into rocks so that they could view them later.

So, is that like annie-log?

Kam
09-17-2007, 09:06 AM
december??? holy minkey that's a long haul to go through.... i guess gives them the most time to milk it and then build up the hype for season 4 starting up a few months after.

Kam
10-04-2007, 06:51 AM
ok......................so........ i've started watching season 1. figuring i'll be done with season 2 by the time season 3 is released and have worked myself into enough of a fervor to get back to my normal critical levels.
watched the first 4 episodes, pilot part 1 and 2, tabula rasa, and walkabout.

in the pilot, when jack is talking to kate on the beach when she's about to reveal to him what she did and he says, i don't want to know. everyone deserves another chance, we all died 3 days ago, we all can start over.

interrrrrrrrrrrrresting.

kexodusc
10-04-2007, 07:33 AM
ok......................so........ i've started watching season 1. figuring i'll be done with season 2 by the time season 3 is released and have worked myself into enough of a fervor to get back to my normal critical levels.
watched the first 4 episodes, pilot part 1 and 2, tabula rasa, and walkabout.

in the pilot, when jack is talking to kate on the beach when she's about to reveal to him what she did and he says, i don't want to know. everyone deserves another chance, we all died 3 days ago, we all can start over.

interrrrrrrrrrrrresting.
Yeah, I'm planning to start up again soon, too. I want to hold off until november, I figure I'll get through 1 season per month, a bit faster in Dec/Jan because of the holiday.

In a weird way, I enjoy watching the old seasons even more than the first knowing what I know now - there's sooooo many suggestions, hints, preludes etc. What a clever show!

Kam
10-04-2007, 09:50 AM
Yeah, I'm planning to start up again soon, too. I want to hold off until november, I figure I'll get through 1 season per month, a bit faster in Dec/Jan because of the holiday.

In a weird way, I enjoy watching the old seasons even more than the first knowing what I know now - there's sooooo many suggestions, hints, preludes etc. What a clever show!

it really is! watching these first 4 episodes again really solidified how much i love the show. it was so entertaining watching them having known what we all now know (or think we know lol) and all the lil hints being dropped or at least left in there for them to build on. even locke holding up the two pieces of the backgammon and "There's two sides, light... and dark."

ForeverAutumn
10-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Last christmas I got a book about season 1. The person who wrote the book spent hours and hours and hours watching the show over and over and over again, looking for all the hints and easter eggs and stuff. The book is written chapter = episode. I've only had time to skim through it, but one of the things that she points out is some black smoke swirling around the plane in the Pilot (as in first show not the guy flying the plane and later eaten by Smokey). She said that at first glance it looks normal, that you would expect to see smoke after a crash. But upon further review (and later learning about Smokey) she thinks that it's Smokey checking out or gathering info about the crash.

Interesting how a little thing like smoke after a crash might not be smoke after a crash.

Kam, did you notice this while rewatching the pilot?

Kam
10-04-2007, 01:30 PM
Last christmas I got a book about season 1. The person who wrote the book spent hours and hours and hours watching the show over and over and over again, looking for all the hints and easter eggs and stuff. The book is written chapter = episode. I've only had time to skim through it, but one of the things that she points out is some black smoke swirling around the plane in the Pilot (as in first show not the guy flying the plane and later eaten by Smokey). She said that at first glance it looks normal, that you would expect to see smoke after a crash. But upon further review (and later learning about Smokey) she thinks that it's Smokey checking out or gathering info about the crash.

Interesting how a little thing like smoke after a crash might not be smoke after a crash.

Kam, did you notice this while rewatching the pilot?

godblesssssit!! now am gonna have to watch the pilot AGAIN. there was defn smoke all over as jack was running through the wreckage saving lives and all, but i didn't pay attention to it as i was trying to look at all the 'extras' and see if i could spot paulo and that blonde chick walking around (i couldn't).

although walkabout is still one of my fav episodes. just so damm good.

GMichael
10-04-2007, 01:39 PM
godblesssssit!! now am gonna have to watch the pilot AGAIN. there was defn smoke all over as jack was running through the wreckage saving lives and all, but i didn't pay attention to it as i was trying to look at all the 'extras' and see if i could spot paulo and that blonde chick walking around (i couldn't).

although walkabout is still one of my fav episodes. just so damm good.

Looking for needles that you already knew were not in the haystack? And they call me crazy?

ForeverAutumn
10-04-2007, 04:34 PM
i was trying to look at all the 'extras' and see if i could spot paulo and that blonde chick walking around (i couldn't).

I can't help the feeling that we're not done with those two.

Kam
10-04-2007, 09:35 PM
ok, so in moving to the caves and finding the adam and eve skeletons, one tidbit i forgot was jack searches through on of the skeletons and finds a pouch, in which is a single black stone and a single white stone....
not that that means anything and has been referenced since showing it, but seriously, that better come back up in season 4.

ForeverAutumn
10-05-2007, 09:52 AM
What I keep thinking about is the glass eye that the tailies found. I think that we can safely assume, at this point, that it belongs to Mikhail. But how did it get in that box? Why was it there? I'll bet that his back story will be a good one. Can't wait to learn it.

Kam, now you're making me want to watch S1 again. I just don't know where I'll find the time.

Kam
10-10-2007, 07:12 AM
What I keep thinking about is the glass eye that the tailies found. I think that we can safely assume, at this point, that it belongs to Mikhail. But how did it get in that box? Why was it there? I'll bet that his back story will be a good one. Can't wait to learn it.

Kam, now you're making me want to watch S1 again. I just don't know where I'll find the time.

one MAJOR thing i've noticed from rewatching S1 now is how mystical and magical everything was. they really played up the mysticism of the island. i actually liked the innumerable questions being raised with every episode and the advent of the numbers before the numbers were known.
(off the top of my head, jack in seat 23c, oceanic 815, kate's lockbox with the airplane is 815, etc).

this was really lost in S2 and then really really lost in S3, but then came back with a vengeance at the end with "jacob" and gave me another idea. that jacob isn't the only presence on the island. there are many other of these spirits and these are the whispering voices everyone has been hearing out in the jungle. (add this to my list of theories)

and the damn preplanning too, sawyer being taken away in custody at the police station in sidney yelling at the guy about 'the other guy in the fight' in the background while boone tries to get the cop to help his sister.

and... the big interesting foreshadowing/setup quote was in Hearts and Minds (the boone/shannon background episode) from charlie as he talks to jack, waching locke sitting on the beach.

"no offense, but if there's anyone on this island i trust to save us all... it's locke."

Worf101
10-11-2007, 06:29 AM
I effin' hate you guys!!!! You got me thinkin' about all this crud again and now my head hurts. Bastiches...

Da Worfster

Kam
10-15-2007, 07:32 AM
ok, so i just finished watching all of season 1 over the weekend. and a few overall impressions having been through season 3 now.

the constant use of "the others" by almost every castmate while referring to everyone else from the plane. "we can't tell the others" "what do we tell the others" "do you trust the others" etc.

quite a few people (sayid, charlie, hurley) all say at some point that they all trust locke to be the one that saves them all.

just how freakin' fast it went! watching it straight through, you get a much better sense of time and that the castmates don't really trust each other all that much for a reason. one lie here and there and its understandable not wanting to tell everything to everyone. the constant NOT talking and NOT asking the important questions makes a LOT more sense.

the themes of fate/destiny/science/belief/hope/life/death all beautifully interwoven throughout the whole series.

one scene i forgot, was locke talking to walt, touching his arm, and then Walt getting a vision saying, "don't open it mr. locke" etc and right after, telling his dad that he burnt the first raft, and after the dad saying we can stay, we don't have to leave. walt saying, "yes we do."

the walt-mystery really needs to come back big time.

kexodusc
10-15-2007, 09:33 AM
the walt-mystery really needs to come back big time.
I'm sure it will, Walt will be sporting a full goatee, 6 ft tall and slightly obese - how many years has it been since we've seen him? Seems like forever.

Slightly OT, but we saw a preview for Matthew Fox's new flick "Vantage Point" when we went to see Michael Clayton...looks interesting in a "whodunnit/wuzzgoin'on?" sorta way...Forest Whitaker (very underrated IMO,) Sigourney Weaver, William Hurt, and Denis Quaid.
Nice to see these Lost guys getting some breaks.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/vantagepoint/

ForeverAutumn
10-15-2007, 02:16 PM
I just got back from Disneyworld. You know that Disney owns ABC so there was ABC stuff all over the MGM themepark. We're sitting and having lunch in the "ABC Commissary" (a cafeteria style restaurant that was ABC TV themed) and there are TVs all over the place showing commercials for ABC shows. They showed a commercial for Lost S4. The tag line was, "Protect the Island....or die".

I've tried to find the commercial on-line with no success. I can't even find it on the ABC web site.

I suspect that we'll learn more about the island and its properties and why it needs to be protected. We know that Jack and Kate got off the island and that Jack wants to return. Maybe Desmond is in his little groundhogs day loop because he also feels the need to continue to return and protect the island.

I can't believe how much time I've spent thinking about theories for a season that hasn't even started yet just because I saw a commercial.

We really do all need some good psychiatric help you know.

topspeed
10-15-2007, 04:06 PM
I effin' hate you guys!!!! You got me thinkin' about all this crud again and now my head hurts. Bastiches...

Da Worfster
+1

Man, you guys really need help! The show doesn't start for another 3 months and you're already hypothesizing plot twists!

The worst part is now you've got the gears spinning in MY head!

Hey Worf, pass that bottle will ya?

ForeverAutumn
10-15-2007, 05:12 PM
I just got back from Disneyworld. You know that Disney owns ABC so there was ABC stuff all over the MGM themepark. We're sitting and having lunch in the "ABC Commissary" (a cafeteria style restaurant that was ABC TV themed) and there are TVs all over the place showing commercials for ABC shows. They showed a commercial for Lost S4. The tag line was, "Protect the Island....or die".

My brother just reminded me that there was more to this. It was something along the lines of...

They thought that they knew who the enemy was. They didn't. Now they must protect the island...or die.

Maybe Benry was right all along...maybe they are the "good guys".

kexodusc
10-16-2007, 04:10 AM
My brother just reminded me that there was more to this. It was something along the lines of...

They thought that they knew who the enemy was. They didn't. Now they must protect the island...or die.

Maybe Benry was right all along...maybe they are the "good guys".
Ooooh...that's interesting.
I have a hard time accepting Benry as a good guy - I mean, he was pretty cold-blooded killing the Dharma's and all. And leaving Locke to die...
But, then again, I suppose everyone feels their actions are justified somehow. Maybe Jacob told him to do it.

Dammit...When does Season 3 hit stores again???

Worf101
10-16-2007, 04:23 AM
+1

Man, you guys really need help! The show doesn't start for another 3 months and you're already hypothesizing plot twists!

The worst part is now you've got the gears spinning in MY head!

Hey Worf, pass that bottle will ya?
Here you go Joe. Midol's washed down with some Boones Farm Strawberry Hill fortified wine. Breakfast o' champeens.

Da Worfster

Worf101
10-16-2007, 04:30 AM
That island is power. That Island posesses the ability to bend time, prolong life and allow certain people to travel back and forth in time. The 3 toed statue is of the "progenetors". They modified the stupid apes they found here, ala "2001" and left behind some things or some of their brethren on this island. Now their little experiment has gotten out of hand and the chimps are threatening to not only expose the Island to the outside world but allow it's explotation and use for....

evil.....

This must be stopped, this must be prevented at all costs.

Da Worfster

Kam
10-16-2007, 06:59 AM
ok... big revelation from S1 (well 'big' being relative and 'revelation' being relative too) but when rousseau takes aaron from claire and goes running off to the black smoke, sayid and charlie track her down. they get to the burning pire and sayid says:

"there's no tracks around this fire"

who lit that fire? the others? and then hide their own tracks on the beach? rousseau didn't (i dont think) even though charlie blames it on her, given her crazed state of mind i think she really did take aaron to the smoke thinking the others were there. so then that leaves Jacob. or...

ForeverAutumn
10-16-2007, 07:01 AM
Ooooh...that's interesting.
I have a hard time accepting Benry as a good guy - I mean, he was pretty cold-blooded killing the Dharma's and all. And leaving Locke to die...
But, then again, I suppose everyone feels their actions are justified somehow. Maybe Jacob told him to do it.

Dammit...When does Season 3 hit stores again???

Not until December 11. But Kam has inspired me to start from S1 (again!).

Worf101
10-17-2007, 03:42 AM
Not until December 11. But Kam has inspired me to start from S1 (again!).
I just bought Seasons 1 and 2 used off the bay. Oooh you turtle you...

Da Worfster

kexodusc
10-17-2007, 04:02 AM
I just bought Seasons 1 and 2 used off the bay. Oooh you turtle you...

Da Worfster
Worfster, sorry, I was late Fed Ex'ing you that life size poster of Charlie you ordered, but the 4,8,15,16,23,42 bed sheets and matching jammies were sent on time... :ciappa:

Worf101
10-17-2007, 04:52 AM
Worfster, sorry, I was late Fed Ex'ing you that life size poster of Charlie you ordered, but the 4,8,15,16,23,42 bed sheets and matching jammies were sent on time... :ciappa:
You sir, are NOT funny.... witty perhaps but "Ha Ha" funny you're not...

Grumble, grumble shapening Batleff... grins with menace.

Da Worfster

GMichael
10-17-2007, 05:41 AM
Now now. Let's not fight among ourselves. After all, it's the Others who are the others. Remember?

Kam
02-05-2009, 12:34 PM
and... the big interesting foreshadowing/setup quote was in Hearts and Minds (the boone/shannon background episode) from charlie as he talks to jack, waching locke sitting on the beach.

"no offense, but if there's anyone on this island i trust to save us all... it's locke."

thank you. thank you very much.

dean_martin
04-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Okay. I see what all the fuss was about around here - remarkable television, but I'm really glad I stayed out of the threads since I wasn't watching it in "real time".

It's been on my to-watch list forever it seems and my wife and I are now up to season 4 epi 3. We watched the two-part season 3 finale and the first two epis of season 4 last night.

I reviewed the season 3 thread as I progressed through the episodes (without skipping ahead - didn't want to spoil my viewing experience). Sounds boring, I know. But, it's kind of weird and intriguing, too. I enjoyed your enthusiasm.

Now, it's on to flash-forwards. Apparently we know there are 6 getting off the island (Oceanic 6), but who are they? Jack, Kate and Hurley so far. If Desmond's vision is correct, then maybe Claire and Aaron too (unless something happens to that 'copter, or he wasn't telling the truth about what he saw). That leaves one. You'd think flash-forwards would destroy the tension and anticipation, but it's had the opposite effect. I think it was a gutsy turn that's working so far. I'm not positive I can trust them though.

Benry as you've so aptly named him is a perfectly evil troll. Is he right about the folks from the freighter (and what a motley bunch they are so far) or is he just trying to save his own arse from them. What the hell kind of messages is Locke getting. Is he only half-ass listening? Every time he acts on one things blow up in his face. He seems to be getting more and more lost as he tries to figure out the secrets of the island (and who he really is - a hunter, a leader, or someone who is just really good at carrying out tasks given to him? I think the undercover cop at the weed co-op pegged him.)

You're probably chuckling 'cuz you know what happens. Well, maybe you should go back and review some of your "predictions".

Can't wait to see what happens. Y'all have little to no interest at this point. Just wanted to let you know how weird it was reviewing your season 3 thread as I watched. On to season 4!

Kam
04-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Okay. I see what all the fuss was about around here - remarkable television, but I'm really glad I stayed out of the threads since I wasn't watching it in "real time".

It's been on my to-watch list forever it seems and my wife and I are now up to season 4 epi 3. We watched the two-part season 3 finale and the first two epis of season 4 last night.

I reviewed the season 3 thread as I progressed through the episodes (without skipping ahead - didn't want to spoil my viewing experience). Sounds boring, I know. But, it's kind of weird and intriguing, too. I enjoyed your enthusiasm.

Now, it's on to flash-forwards. Apparently we know there are 6 getting off the island (Oceanic 6), but who are they? Jack, Kate and Hurley so far. If Desmond's vision is correct, then maybe Claire and Aaron too (unless something happens to that 'copter, or he wasn't telling the truth about what he saw). That leaves one. You'd think flash-forwards would destroy the tension and anticipation, but it's had the opposite effect. I think it was a gutsy turn that's working so far. I'm not positive I can trust them though.

Benry as you've so aptly named him is a perfectly evil troll. Is he right about the folks from the freighter (and what a motley bunch they are so far) or is he just trying to save his own arse from them. What the hell kind of messages is Locke getting. Is he only half-ass listening? Every time he acts on one things blow up in his face. He seems to be getting more and more lost as he tries to figure out the secrets of the island (and who he really is - a hunter, a leader, or someone who is just really good at carrying out tasks given to him? I think the undercover cop at the weed co-op pegged him.)

You're probably chuckling 'cuz you know what happens. Well, maybe you should go back and review some of your "predictions".

Can't wait to see what happens. Y'all have little to no interest at this point. Just wanted to let you know how weird it was reviewing your season 3 thread as I watched. On to season 4!

damn i'm jealous of you being able to watch this all anew! I've rewatched the first season a few times actually, but haven't been back to it since the finale. it's quite an awesome ride. i'd like to go back and cruise through the whole series one day, it would be quite a roller coaster once again. i think we were barely batting .200 on our predictions. BUT every once in a while we did crack one out of the park! :D

dean_martin
04-13-2012, 12:42 PM
damn i'm jealous of you being able to watch this all anew! I've rewatched the first season a few times actually, but haven't been back to it since the finale. it's quite an awesome ride. i'd like to go back and cruise through the whole series one day, it would be quite a roller coaster once again. i think we were barely batting .200 on our predictions. BUT every once in a while we did crack one out of the park! :D

I was just messin' with you guys on your predictions. I'm kinda jealous I wasn't watching back then. I really did enjoy your enthusiasm and would've loved to have joined in. I'm starting the season 4 thread soon. I'm only two epis in and things are crackin'.

ForeverAutumn
04-13-2012, 12:59 PM
I agree with Kam. I envy the anticipation of watching it for the first time. We tried to rewatch it as a group here to see if it was different to watch it the second time around, but I think it was too soon. I've decided not to take any courses over the summer. With all the extra free time, maybe I'll try to watch it again over the summer. I love the idea of watching it and rereading our threads at the same time. That would be fun!

Keep us posted on what you think as you watch it. Watching it was such a unique ride...there will never be another like it.

ForeverAutumn
04-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Nice to see you here Kam. Are you married yet? :D

Kam
04-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Nice to see you here Kam. Are you married yet? :D

I am!! last fall :D

has been hectic with marriage and a play i was in and now working on a short film that i was going to post up here and share with y'all soon. put my own work in the grinder and see if it can survive your critiques. it's very Lost-ish. (in confusing terms more than anything else).

ForeverAutumn
04-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Congratulations! I'm very happy for you!

Can't wait to rip apart, um, I mean, watch your film. ;)

Worf101
04-16-2012, 04:55 AM
Hey Deano, glad to see that someone's enjoying "LoST" since the series REALLY doesn't lend itself to sydication or re-runs. I too envy you the joy and wonder of the first few seasons where we all went down the rabbit hole and all we could do was hold on tight to our sanity!. Watching 2 and 3 episodes a night sans commercials? That's the way to see T.V.!

Kam congratulations. You too are experiencing the "joy and wonder" of the first few seasons... of a completely DIFFERENT drama/sitcom/reality TV show sans commercials. Good luck and good love.

Worf

Kam
05-03-2012, 06:21 AM
Hey Deano, glad to see that someone's enjoying "LoST" since the series REALLY doesn't lend itself to sydication or re-runs. I too envy you the joy and wonder of the first few seasons where we all went down the rabbit hole and all we could do was hold on tight to our sanity!. Watching 2 and 3 episodes a night sans commercials? That's the way to see T.V.!

Kam congratulations. You too are experiencing the "joy and wonder" of the first few seasons... of a completely DIFFERENT drama/sitcom/reality TV show sans commercials. Good luck and good love.

Worf

thank you thank you! this first season has been a great one! haha

i did enjoy watching Lost week to week though, just because it's been the only show i can remember where the anticipation of finding out was as much fun as finding out. other than that, i prefer the 2-3 episodes a night method with other shows and will actually let them build up on the tivo before watching, or just wait for them to come out on demand on netflix. watched all of Mad Men and Breaking Bad on netflix to catch up with the latest seasons and now don't like watching week-to-week. especially with all the spoilers they put in to trailers nowadays. not just movie trailers but tv trailers/promos reveal all the big plot points that are coming up.

the marketing strategy seems to be: "have no confidence in your viewers coming back. so show them everything."

dean_martin
05-03-2012, 07:35 AM
thank you thank you! this first season has been a great one! haha

i did enjoy watching Lost week to week though, just because it's been the only show i can remember where the anticipation of finding out was as much fun as finding out. other than that, i prefer the 2-3 episodes a night method with other shows and will actually let them build up on the tivo before watching, or just wait for them to come out on demand on netflix. watched all of Mad Men and Breaking Bad on netflix to catch up with the latest seasons and now don't like watching week-to-week. especially with all the spoilers they put in to trailers nowadays. not just movie trailers but tv trailers/promos reveal all the big plot points that are coming up.

the marketing strategy seems to be: "have no confidence in your viewers coming back. so show them everything."

The wife and I finished the series and man am I having withdrawals. I have no great perspective to share. It's a little late for that anyway. I found it personally enjoyable.
Just a couple of tidbits about watching it much later than when it aired and not having to wait for the next episode:
1) I forgot about the writer's strike during or about the time of season 4.
2) Other than reading some of the old threads here, I really wasn't inclined to search the web for extra stuff, answers or theories. I probably would have been all over the place looking for clues if I had watched it in real time.

I'd definitely recommend the series. It's amazing that NetFlix has the whole thing.

Kam
05-03-2012, 07:49 AM
The wife and I finished the series and man am I having withdrawals. I have no great perspective to share. It's a little late for that anyway. I found it personally enjoyable.
Just a couple of tidbits about watching it much later than when it aired and not having to wait for the next episode:
1) I forgot about the writer's strike during or about the time of season 4.
2) Other than reading some of the old threads here, I really wasn't inclined to search the web for extra stuff, answers or theories. I probably would have been all over the place looking for clues if I had watched it in real time.

I'd definitely recommend the series. It's amazing that NetFlix has the whole thing.

i think the real-time nature of having other Losties here to report theories back to was what made the internet searching more fun. bouncing the theories and seeing the screen captures on other sites of things like the Map and the shark with the dharma logo on it, and the images in Smokey.

But i can see how on my own, i'd probably just cruise through the episodes since it does play like a 23 hour movie. and one that i wouldn't want to break up by checking on things, but would rather just let the story envelop me on it's own. that first season at least, when i re-watched it two or so years ago, really does flow like a one long arc. watching the whole thing straight through is my next plan to do with the Wifey when I get her addicted to it.