the obscure favorite category thread [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : the obscure favorite category thread

dean_martin
10-04-2006, 01:01 PM
here's my category: favorite cover of a movie theme

here's my entry: Bill Murray singing the Star Wars theme in a leisure suit at an airport lounge (if I remember correctly); he did an encore presentation in the 80s which I was able to find on youtube - not as good as the original, but will give you the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKYImbSimjE

You may be asking yourself, "How do I participate in this thread?" The right answer is any way you like, however, may I suggest that if you don't have a favorite cover of a movie theme, then post your own obscure favorite category and your winner.

Dusty Chalk
10-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Favourite non-glamorous part for a glamorous actress: Selma Hayak in The Faculty

I know -- you thought I was going to say Cameron Diaz in Being John Malkovich, didn't you? On another day, yes. But not today.

dean_martin
10-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Favourite non-glamorous part for a glamorous actress: Selma Hayak in The Faculty

I know -- you thought I was going to say Cameron Diaz in Being John Malkovich, didn't you? On another day, yes. But not today.

ooh, good one. I've seen The Faculty several times on movie channels and cable and enjoyed it each time, but I had to go look up the credits to find her character.

Dusty Chalk
10-04-2006, 06:47 PM
She was the school nurse, wearing glasses, and she had a cold (?), blowing her nose -- I didn't recognize her.

Kam
10-05-2006, 11:58 AM
here's my category: favorite cover of a movie theme

here's my entry: Bill Murray singing the Star Wars theme in a leisure suit at an airport lounge (if I remember correctly); he did an encore presentation in the 80s which I was able to find on youtube - not as good as the original, but will give you the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKYImbSimjE

You may be asking yourself, "How do I participate in this thread?" The right answer is any way you like, however, may I suggest that if you don't have a favorite cover of a movie theme, then post your own obscure favorite category and your winner.

not sure if it counts, since its a movie theme cover of a movie theme, but Hans Zimmer's cover of Carl Orff's theme from badlands, for True Romance is just amazing. "You're So Cool" is one of my favorite tracks.

dean_martin
10-05-2006, 12:48 PM
not sure if it counts, since its a movie theme cover of a movie theme, but Hans Zimmer's cover of Carl Orff's theme from badlands, for True Romance is just amazing. "You're So Cool" is one of my favorite tracks.

I totally agree. When I saw the movie for the first time and the marimba-like sounds began, I didn't think it was going to "fit", but I soon realized I couldn't get enough.

Kam
10-06-2006, 09:09 AM
how's this for an obscure category:
favorite movie you had never heard about until someone on this board reccomended it:

Dog Soldiers - reccomended by Worfster and i liked it so much i now own it.

dean_martin
10-06-2006, 09:20 AM
how's this for an obscure category:
favorite movie you had never heard about until someone on this board reccomended it:

Dog Soldiers - reccomended by Worfster and i liked it so much i now own it.

hear ye, hear ye, kudos to da worfster. I took my BestBuy reward zone coupons to BB to pick dis up and da bastahds sayed it ain't in dere inventory! have to get it online. da order must be placed soon. don't know if I can sit thru another late night, weekend viewing session w/out it. geez, it's Fri. already.