Where do you get your films? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your films?

stereophonicfan
02-06-2004, 04:11 AM
Where do you get your films?

Do go out to buy them? DVD or VHS?

Do you copy them from a friend's version recently bought? What do you copy it with? On your PC or with VCR or a DVD-rec.?

Do you get from the WWW? Through what? Against payment? Or thru use of download software like Kazaa, Audiogalaxy or WinMX? Or thru ftp-programmes?

Like to know how you get your movie-kick!
And how you get your stuff!

Thanks

Kam
02-06-2004, 10:14 AM
ebay/ half.com (have to be careful not to get a crappy pirate or foreign version, but can find good deals buying from someone else used)
deepdiscountdvd.com (really good site)
circuit city when the new releases come out on tuesday
djangos.com always has a bunch of sales all the times too
and there's a local rental place that has a 3 for $30 deal on used dvd's and they get good releases there too.

pretty much figure that if i can get a dvd for under 15, it's a good deal for me.

am against the downloading of movies via the net and copying friend's movies too. (that's it for my soapbox moment).

peace
k2

JSE
02-06-2004, 11:13 AM
I am actually just know beginning to build a library of DVDs. I have always been a big renter. Recently, I have mainly bought from Best Buy when the DVD first comes out. They usually mark the new releases down to 14.99 at first. I figure that's a pretty good deal. I have also been buying some used DVDs from Blockbuster. They always seem to have good deals running for used. They sometimes have a deal where you pay 29.99 and get 7 free rentals plus you get a certain DVD when it comes out. I got Pirates that way. Basically, you get the DVD for free, if you use all 7 of your free rentals. I buy a lot of CDs used from Amazon. I think I will probably start trying to find some DVDs that way as well.

JSE

agtpunx40
02-07-2004, 11:00 AM
Almost always dvd. VHS is a terrible format, the only vhs I own are rollerball (the original) for $.99, Dawn of the Dead for $.99, and Blood Diner. The last 2 aren't being made on dvd, so I figured I'd take what I could get. I'm a bargin hunter, and by far the cheapest way to get dvds is columbia house. I'm on my 5th or 6th account in the last two years, and my average price is like $8.03 or something for 8 dvds per account. (go to dvdtalk.com and find the dvd club forum if you're interested) However, if you don't want to do that, I think the best prices overall are on deepdiscountdvd.com, and always check the bargin bin at walmart.

joel2762
02-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Not with movies. I buy the DVD only. No VHS, no downloading movies. Just buy the DVD. I'm just starting my collection! My next addition will be School Of Rock when it comes out.

This Guy
02-09-2004, 03:12 PM
I have a dvd burner on my computer, I rent the dvd and copy it , total cost is as much as you rented the dvd for, plus $2 for the DVD-R. Don't tell the cops though!

-Joey