Jim Carrey favorite movie. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jim Carrey favorite movie.

Smokey
10-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Not a big fan of Jim Carry, but in some movies he seem to grow on some people. Apparently, he is one highest paid comedian actor in business, and he may deserve it so. He has worked his way up from the bottom.

My favorite film of his is 1995 movie When Nature Call. It is just too hilarious.

What is yours :)

http://www.caymannetnews.com/Archive/Archive%20Articles/April%202003/Issue%20381%20Fri/Images/Funnyman%20Jim%20Carrey's%20pix.jpg

elapsed
10-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Man on the Moon, an absolutely brilliant performance

Smokey
10-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Hey elapsed,

Sorry couldn’t include Man on the Moon (plus couple more movies) in the poll. Poll only allow 10 options.

Haven’t seen that movie.......yet. He was also pretty good in Batman Forever. He and Tommy Lee Jones had a good chemistry together :)

Groundbeef
10-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Truman show really showed that he is much more than a guy with a goofy look and nutball antics.

Eternal Sunshine was another of his more engaging roles. I havent seen Cable Guy, but have heard it is really dark and he did well in the roll.

superpanavision70mm
10-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Where is ONCE BITTEN? J/K.

I think THE TRUMAN SHOW is one of his most amazing performances as an actor, but DUMB AND DUMBER gets me everytime!

bobsticks
10-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Hey fellas,

Lot of good choices here. After watching people do the dance of bullschnit all day, Liar Liar gets the nod from me. I love that boardroom scene, and who wouldn't want to be in an elevator with Krista Allen?

Smokey
10-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Hey guys, thanks for commenting.

I agree with you all that he is an excellent performer as an actor. Not many people can be so goofy in a movie, and turn around and deliver a well caliber performance. He is the white version of Eddie Murphy in his younger days :D

I havent seen Cable Guy, but have heard it is really dark and he did well in the roll.

In my opinion, the roll he is playing in that movie is too dark. Not a bad movie, but not one of his better performer either.

paul_pci
10-01-2006, 08:28 PM
I voted for The Mask and Liar Liar is a close second, but one of my favorite Carey movies has to be The Majestic.

Dusty Chalk
10-01-2006, 08:55 PM
He just went downhill after Earth Girls Are Easy.

markw
10-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Batman Forever was no-one's best movie.

In fact, I'd rate it right up (?) there with Popeye for everyone's worst movie.

ForeverAutumn
10-02-2006, 04:44 AM
I haven't seen all of the movies on the list, but from the ones that I've seen I had to go with Dumb and Dumber. The Truman Show is right up there too. But I can imagine other actors playing that roll in The Truman Show and pulling it off. I can't imagine anyone else in Dumb and Dumber. As silly as that movie was, it's comedic brilliance IMHO.

Groundbeef
10-02-2006, 06:30 AM
I haven't seen all of the movies on the list, but from the ones that I've seen I had to go with Dumb and Dumber. The Truman Show is right up there too. But I can imagine other actors playing that roll in The Truman Show and pulling it off. I can't imagine anyone else in Dumb and Dumber. As silly as that movie was, it's comedic brilliance IMHO.

I think the brilliance of both films is that he could pull off BOTH films. It is one thing to be able to pull of a comic film, or to be able to pull of a drama. The total change of pace, and type of acting is what makes the feat very impressive. Before Truman, Jim Carry was just dismissed as a guy that can make funny faces and act like a goofball. The two rolls showed that he has some depth.

Dumb and Dumber is comic brilliance though....I laugh everytime I think of him riding that little scooter in the freezing cold.

GMichael
10-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Hmmm... I was able to vote for more than one. So I voted for Mask and Liar Liar. Both of these movies had me laughing so hard that my sides hurt.

Smokey
10-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Hmmm... I was able to vote for more than one

Just thank god this is not a Worf's poll as he is very stingy with his multiple choice option poll....one vote per member only :D

Batman Forever was no-one's best movie. In fact, I'd rate it right up (?) there with Popeye for everyone's worst movie.

Yikes, that is harsh. But you have to admit that this movie had most colorful villains outside Nicholson as the Joker :)

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/batman_forever/_group_photos/jim_carrey1.jpg

markw
10-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Batman Forever was no-one's best movie. In fact, I'd rate it right up (?) there with Popeye for everyone's worst movie.

Yikes, that is harsh. But you have to admit that this movie had most colorful villains outside Nicholson as the Joker :)True, but when they put nipples on the Batsuit, it was all over for the franchise. Not that they didn't do one more after that.

Dusty Chalk
10-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Hey, where is Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events? I thought he was awesome in that.