Recver that superimposes info on TV (HDMI)? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Recver that superimposes info on TV (HDMI)?

Rkruz
09-30-2006, 03:47 PM
I called Onecall and asked their experts if any of their AV receivers superimposed the basic receiver information on top of the currently watched TV video. Info like volume, or the type of digital decoding thats used, basically any front panel info. This with a 1080p TV that accepts HDMI.

They said that all of the recievers only show setup info with OSD and dont provide for the superimposed info like a volume bar. They carry all the major lines like Pioneer Elite, Denon, Harmon Kardon, Onkyo, Marantz. This surprised me.

Anyone have knowledge or experience otherwise to point me in a direction to find such a receiver.?

I understand the complex setup stuff needing the complete display. I would think some things could be superimposed like volume level, what input it being used, what decoding is being used etc. Stuff that you might want to see quickly while viewing a movie.

Any tips to point me towards a AV Reciever like that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

N. Abstentia
09-30-2006, 05:39 PM
I doubt you'll find one for under $4000....you might have to look in to Anthem, Arcam, or B&K seperates.

But even then I don't know that they would do it because of the signal loss it would cause.

I could very well be wrong, but I've never heard of such a thing.