What Concerts Do You Plan on Attending this Fall? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What Concerts Do You Plan on Attending this Fall?

Audio Girl
09-29-2006, 06:51 PM
It's officially fall now, isn't it? Although that was hard to tell yesterday in Texas (96 degrees). Anyway, its my goal to get out and go see more concerts during Fall '06, Winter '07, and made the first purchase this week. Although not a big Who fan, I decided it was probably time that I attended my first Who concert. So, I was able to snag some really nice seats for hubby and I. We will see them in Big D on 11/17. Reviews are positive so far, so who knows? Did I wait too long?

What are your concert plans? Here's who I would love to see soon (in a perfect world):

Ryan Adams
Prince
Rolling Stones
Mark Knopfler
Golden Smog
Dave Alvin
McCartney
Dire Straits
Springsteen

just to name few...

elapsed
09-29-2006, 07:25 PM
I took my girlfriend to Gwen Stefani and Mariah Carey this year... so to make up for it, she's taking me to see the Rolling Stones in December. :)

jrhymeammo
09-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Jedi Mind Tricks in 2 days.
I might go see Primus but....ay.
Zion I and Grouch
and a couple of performances by Denver Sympohny Orchestra.

likeitloud
09-30-2006, 01:49 AM
Just saw Petty tonite(not bad)
In the next few weeks will see;
G N R
Rob Zombie w/Disturbed
Audioslave
The SF Bayarea is never lacking for good bands passing thru.:6:

Bernd
09-30-2006, 02:18 AM
Always wanted to see T.Petty. never had the chance. Hope you enjoyed it.
Anyway, Tickets booked for the following gigs the next two months:

Thea Gilmore
Roger Mcguinn
Ron Sexsmith
Nils Lofgren
Bill Wyman's Rythm Kings
The Icicle Works

Peace

Bernd:16:

ForeverAutumn
09-30-2006, 06:01 AM
It's definately Fall in my corner of the world AG. I just came back from a business trip which was a four hour drive north of Toronto. About two hours into it, the trees were just peaking in all their brilliant reds and oranges. The trip was a bit of a bust business-wise, but the drive was absolutely beautiful.

The only show that we're scheduled to see is Jim Cuddy on Dec. 2.

nobody
09-30-2006, 06:34 AM
Don't usually plan much more than a week or two ahead, but I do have tickets for DJ Shadow next Friday adn the wife and I are gonna go see Joan Jett with Eagles of Death Metal in maybe 3 weeks or so. And, she's buggin me that we have to get Wolfmother tickets.

Wireworm5
09-30-2006, 07:05 AM
Just bought tickets for 'Three Doors Down'. Don't know anything about them but girlfriend wants to go.
Thea Gilmore, I'd go see her, I got an album of hers and she has several good tunes and I like her style.
Had a chance at Stone tickets, guy in my taxi was trying to pawn off a few as he bought too many and was going to be stuck with them. I've never been a Stone fan, only like a few songs like Angie, Paint in Black, so I passed on them.

Hawkeye
09-30-2006, 08:40 AM
I *was* planning on seeing Porcupine Tree at the Keswick Theater, near Philadelphia, one week from tonight. Even had the tickets purchaced a month or so ago. A change in plans finds me in Minnesota for the next couple weeks, so I'll have to wait till next time to take in my first PT concert. I may have to pick up their new live dvd to hold me over.

progfan
09-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Richard Thompson
Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Hopefully, Nektar as well!

tin ear
09-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Rolling Stones play Austin 10/22/06.
I'm sure you knew that.

-mr. obvious

skewiff
10-03-2006, 05:05 AM
Hi Mary.

Went to see The Who last friday, Auburn Hills MI. Excellent, Don't go expecting to see the old Who, they still play with tremendous power and the musicianship is still top notch,just not quite the same..

I love the Who, last time I saw them was 1971 at the Oval in London.

My only hope is that Roger's voice holds up till then, it was very mid-range and ragged by the end of the evening, and that really was the only downside, that and the newer material which just wasn't familiar to us and obviously they couldn't play everything we wanted to hear.

So a solid 9/10 and a $110.00 well spent. Grand Rapids 12/5 hope to be there.

Tony

Mr MidFi
10-03-2006, 01:50 PM
I *was* planning on seeing Porcupine Tree at the Keswick Theater, near Philadelphia, one week from tonight. Even had the tickets purchaced a month or so ago. A change in plans finds me in Minnesota for the next couple weeks, so I'll have to wait till next time to take in my first PT concert. I may have to pick up their new live dvd to hold me over.

Yeah, that PT DVD is pretty much my 'live event' plan for the foreseeable future. That, and the My Morning Jacket DVD coming at the end of the month.

Dusty Chalk
10-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Remind me not to forget to see Porcupine Tree on Sunday, remind me not to forget to see Porcupine Tree on Sunday, remind me...

Heywood Djahblomie
10-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Remind me not to see Porcupine Tree on Sunday, remind me not to see Porcupine Tree on Sunday, remind me...

:lol:

I crack me up

jasn
10-04-2006, 05:28 AM
Gov't Mule at The Palladium in Worcester, MA on Nov 29th. Anyone else nearby?

Ex Lion Tamer
10-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Here are a few that I'd like to see:

Califone
The Decemberists
Death Cab for Cutie/Ted Leo & the Pharmacists
Deerhoof/The Fiery Furnaces
TV on the Radio/Grizzly Bear
Massive Attack
The Constantines/Favorite Sons

Audio Girl
10-05-2006, 11:57 PM
Well, since I posted this, our household has added a few concerts:

(1) The Who (previously mentioned)
(2) Some guy I can't think of his name (but will report back...this was a "hubby" request)
(3) Nanci Griffith -- 02/2007
(4) A tribute to the Beatles "Magical Mystery" something or other -- 03/2007

(5) My son scored great floor seats to see Aerosmith; I just gotta decide if I want to spend the cash to travel out for it (he invited me to join him).

Audio Girl
10-06-2006, 12:00 AM
Okay #2's name is Jamie Cullum. Anybody know anything about him? We have great seats but I know nada (again, this was a hubby request).

ForeverAutumn
10-06-2006, 05:48 AM
Okay #2's name is Jamie Cullum. Anybody know anything about him? We have great seats but I know nada (again, this was a hubby request).

Hi Ag. Jamie Cullum is a younger, hipper, Henry Connick Jr. kind of guy. I have one of his CDs, Twentysomething. I really enjoy it. It's a nice mix of some original tunes, some classic Jazz standards, and some more contemporary covers.

He does a cover of Hendrix's Wind Cries Mary that I just love.

You should check this guy out before the show. I really think that you'll like him.

Troy
10-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Porcupine Tree, friday the 13th.

ForeverAutumn
10-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Porcupine Tree, friday the 13th.

Wicked! :3: