More 24 Season Six News ... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : More 24 Season Six News ...

Woochifer
09-26-2006, 07:12 PM
I just read that James Cromwell has been added to the cast of 24. He will play Philip Bauer, Jack's estranged father. Cromwell's a great character actor, having played everything from the President to cops to Dr. Cochrane in Star Trek: First Contact. A whole crew of new characters has also been announced. Apparently, Chloe will be back, as will her ex-husband, who was one of the more interesting late season additions last season.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-jamescromwelleddieizzardjoin24,0,7636076.story?col l=zap-tv-headlines

kexodusc
09-27-2006, 04:04 AM
Great...

Now, when's season 5 hit DVD??? ....I spent my last month and a bit watching 1 - 4. Great show, btw!
Am I gonna have enough time before Season 6 starts to watch it?

ForeverAutumn
09-27-2006, 05:09 AM
I just read that James Cromwell has been added to the cast of 24. He will play Philip Bauer, Jack's estranged father.

I think that they should have hired Donald Sutherland for that role.

Woochifer
09-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Great...

Now, when's season 5 hit DVD??? ....I spent my last month and a bit watching 1 - 4. Great show, btw!
Am I gonna have enough time before Season 6 starts to watch it?

According to The Digital Bits, the Season 6 DVD set will hit stores sometime in early-December. That will give you about a month and a half to get caught up with Season 5, unless one of the cable channels like FX or A&E runs a 24 marathon in real-time, in which case you'll be all caught up in one day! :D

I think that they should have hired Donald Sutherland for that role.

Actually, that's a great idea. I just got through the new Backdraft:15th Anniversary Edition DVD and Donald Sutherland's cameo as a serial arsonist was great stuff. I can easily see the Philip Bauer character as a totally shadowy character like the one that Donald Sutherland portrayed in JFK.

That said, I think James Cromwell is a genius casting decision because he's equally adept at playing both noble and slimy characters. Someone like Jack Bauer's dad would likely have to be a little of both, and that could be an interesting dynamic not knowing whose side Philip Bauer is on.