Lucky # Sleven [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Lucky # Sleven

Groundbeef
09-25-2006, 03:18 PM
Anyone else view this little gem? Takes a bit to get moving, but when it does, WHAM it gets moving. I figured out about 60% midway through, but couldn't piece it all together until the end. Very good writing, and acting. Ben Kingsley was a bit of a fish out of water as the "Rabbi" mobster, but if you can look past his bald head and headpiece, you will be fine.

It is in a sort of "Momento" style, although different. No loss of memory, more like "Lost" flashbacks to help flesh out the storyline.

Dusty Chalk
09-25-2006, 03:46 PM
I just saw this movie the other night for the first time. Excellent movie! What do you mean, it takes a bit to get moving? I lost count of the number of people who died before the opening credits finished. I thought it was masterfully paced. It also had that same careless swagger that movies like "The Big Hit" and "3 Kings" had.

And what a cast! Was there anyone in that movie that wasn't a heavy hitter? I even liked Lucy Liu's acting (didn't like her in Charlie's Angels).

Groundbeef
09-26-2006, 06:15 AM
Seeing people die doesn't indicate that a movie is "moving". Yes there was plenty of action in the beginning, but the story around the killing took a bit to make sense. That was the point that I was trying to make.

Either way it was a great film and I would encourage people to watch it.

Worf101
09-26-2006, 07:48 AM
But every single one of the 50 copies at Blockbuster were out, out, out... Thanks for the recommendation however and I'll look for it soon...

Da Worfster

Dusty Chalk
09-26-2006, 03:45 PM
...the story...took a bit to make sense. That was the point that I was trying to make. I agree with that, and I agree that that was a good aspect of the movie, but me personally I enjoyed the pacing, which is what it sounded like you were criticizing. I thought it was plenty fast-moving from beginning to end (although, it was no Cellular).

basite
10-13-2006, 11:53 AM
i watched it just a little while ago, it was pretty amusing actually, a bit confusing in the beginning, but not too hard, really well done movie.

Worf101
10-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Didn't really engage me. I figured out the plot way, way to early. And I never really cared about the main characters. I liked Wills the best as he did a decent "Clint Eastwood" impression, but I fell asleep on this thing TWICE.

Da Worfster