Lindsay Buckingham/ new music [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Buckingham/ new music

3-LockBox
09-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Our good Mr Tentoze informs us (via another forum) that Buckingham is to release a new album, called Under The Skin, around 10/3/06.

Knowing Buckingham, this means its either two or three years over due, or its destined for postponement.

But I will buy it, whenever it comes out.

Sorry Tentoze if I scooped ya over here, but I needs to boost my post count ;)

tentoze
09-25-2006, 02:10 PM
No prob, 3LB....the cut I heard sounded like pop goodness to me. I likes me some solo Buckingham.

superpanavision70mm
09-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Let's hope it's as great as LAW AND ORDER

3-LockBox
10-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Very reminiscent of Law And Order (which was spotty IMO)

Whereas some said Out Of The Cradle was too 'Fleetwood Mac' in places, I find it lacks the continuity and flow of OOTC.

Its definately Lindsay Buckingham, and its been too long in coming IMO.

For Buckingham fans, this is a must. For casual fans of Fleetwood Mac - move it along, nothing to see here(hear)...

BarryL
10-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Saw this last week in the stores. But I read a lousy review of it which I don't trust. So, having had some time to spend with this, 3LB, what's your current opinion. I loved OOTC.

SlumpBuster
10-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Just listened to all of Go Insane this weekend. Some new music will be appreciated.

3-LockBox
10-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Saw this last week in the stores. But I read a lousy review of it which I don't trust. So, having had some time to spend with this, 3LB, what's your current opinion. I loved OOTC.

I'm not crazy about it...I loved OOTC right outta the box. Its kinda curious to me, Lindsey seems to be going through a midlife crisis, but on OOTC, he sounded like he was past that and moving on. Here's a lyric sample from the woe-is-me first track:
Reading the paper, saw a review
said I was a visionary, but nobody knew
Now that's been a problem, feeling unseen
just like I was living in somebody's dream

What am I doing anyway?
Telling myself it's not too late

Waaaahhh!!!!! What's the matter, Lindsey...feeling irrelevant? How 'bout not making your already small fanbase wait, oh say, 14 years twix releases?

This album should suffice for most Buckingham fans but I still stand by my first assessment. I know that OOTC was intermittenly reflective and brooding in spots, but the production was superb and flowed great as an album, and from a lyrical and musical perspective, it remains his most realized effort to date. This new one is very sparse, somewhat like his stuff on FM's Tusk album. This album seems more like a collection of songs and does show flashes of his brilliance (like tracks 2,7,10 and 11), but isn't consistant like OOTC was. I also find it curious that, along with sharing the same depressing tone, this album suffers the from the same over-compressed sound that marred the last Fleetwood Mac album, which is ironic, given the level of intimacy for which Buckingham seems to be trying to convey.

I hope he follows this one up sooner than a decade or he will realize the theme of the first track to fruision. And that would be a shame.