Polk Audio RTi8 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Polk Audio RTi8

Cole_Guitar
02-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Taking the advice of many people on this board and through different discussions, I thought I would go check out the sounds of other speaker companies. I came accross the Polk Audio brand today. As I was listening to these speakers through the same receiver I have (Yamaha HTR-5660), I found myself really enjoying them. I know that $669 doesn't seem much for a good pair of quality speakers, but I don't even have that kind of cash. These speakers sounded awesome, well at least to my ears, and I was really considering buying them. Sure I could go without food for a couple weeks, but alas they were still too much. Does anyone know of standing floor speakers that can cover the high frequencies and low frequencies like these speakers for a cheaper price? I appreciate any direction in this subject, I believe I am starting to deal with the "too many speakers to choose from" dilemma. Thanks for any input.

Does Fluance have any speakers that can produce sound like these? This is the sound that I want from my speakers.

~Cole

Willow
02-10-2004, 03:52 PM
well you could go with rti6 or rti4 yes book shelves but they do sound great I have a pair of rti4s.they do have r30 and r50 which are floors...but not sure how much you will enjoy them or how good they sound. have you tried athena ,energy, paradigm ??

Cole_Guitar
02-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the input, I am on a fixed budget, so I need some speakers rather inexpensive. I have never looked at the energy, paradigm or athena speakers. Are they that good? I haven't heard the fluance speakers but the SV-10's seem to be built like the Polk Audio LSi 15's. I don't know anything about how they sound, but I think they are on the right track. I will definitely look at those other brands. Thanks

~Cole