Jericho [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jericho

Mr Peabody
09-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Anyone else see CBS's premier of Jericho in HD? I'm still on the fence as far as story but the quality of video and audio on this show I found impressive. I was just curious if anyone else thought so. There wasn't a lot of rear surround or dazzling effects, but it's only the first episode. I'm mainly talking about the sound quality of the music used in the soundtrack and vivid picture. The bass was very deep and clean. The overall sound just had more of a presence to it. I didn't think to check what surround format my processor went to but this show sounded like at least DTS.

It may have been because it was storming here but the prior show, Ghost Whisper, wasn't in HD.

s dog
09-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Anyone else see CBS's premier of Jericho in HD? I'm still on the fence as far as story but the quality of video and audio on this show I found impressive. I was just curious if anyone else thought so. There wasn't a lot of rear surround or dazzling effects, but it's only the first episode. I'm mainly talking about the sound quality of the music used in the soundtrack and vivid picture. The bass was very deep and clean. The overall sound just had more of a presence to it. I didn't think to check what surround format my processor went to but this show sounded like at least DTS.

It may have been because it was storming here but the prior show, Ghost Whisper, wasn't in HD. Yea i seen it and i to thought it looked and sounded pretty darn good , I forgot to look at the format on my denon receiver, but when i was watching CSI NY it went in to DD 5.1 and it sounded really really good and looked great to ,and this was a DVR recording i was watching, heck maybe the live show would have even been better yet, i just got the dish 622 sat receiver dvr the other day. It sure is nice to watch recorded stuff in HD, But the thing that really gets me is how good every day tv shows sound, what a blessing, I swear some of the tv show sound darn near as good as DVD'S do. And a lot of the tv shows are just plain better [ LOST CSI ect] than some of the no good dvd's that come out. For example ULTRAVIOLET did not make it through half of this piece of trash. Milla Jovovich did look pretty hot but thats about it.

ForeverAutumn
10-15-2006, 05:37 PM
I saw this show for the first time last week. I don't have HD so I can't comment on the sound; visual; etc. But help me out with the premise here, since I didn't see the premier. So there's been a nuclear attack and this one little town was spared? Is that it? Is the whole world blowed up? What about surrounding towns? Why are these people exempt from annihilation? Please, I don't quite get it. Thanks.

Mr Peabody
10-15-2006, 06:14 PM
So far we aren't sure what happened. They first saw a mushroom cloud over the direction of Denver. One boy had a message on his answering machine from his mom visiting Atlanta when something happens. You're led to believe a bomb hit there too. The one black guy in town is a ex-policeman, supposedly, who hears a Ham radio broadcast and they show him pushing pins into a map of the U.S. major cities. We are led to believe these cities also were bombed. The mystery is still unfolding. Also this black guy gets a 55 gallon barrel of something off a U-Haul and bricks it behind a wall in his basement. They have him doing a lot of things to make you wonder what his story is. I know it's a series but it sure moves slow, it's not 24. I think they waste too much time trying to get you caught up in the characters drama. It's writtem more like a night time soap than a Sci-Fi/Action series.

Did you get that or is this just a guy's perspective?

KaiWinters
10-16-2006, 12:35 PM
Yep, absolutely like a night time soap.

Little bit of Dawson's Creek, same with 24 and a few other shows. LOL the cops are inefective donut munchers. The "deputy" mayor is married to the "tough" doctor but is involved with the bar owner. The "bad boy" prodigal son returns with clouds around his whereabouts but driving a killer Dodge Charger until the dumb ass rams it into a car during the premier. There are so many other characters like this that I find myself rooting for more calamities just to hopefully see one of them killed off in an interesting way.

It is not a terribly bad show and makes for some reasonable entertainment but I doubt it will hold my interest much longer.