It's finally happened..... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : It's finally happened.....

L.J.
09-18-2006, 03:46 PM
....Twice last week I had to question if I had a DVD in my collection or not. I'm already crazy (if you're wondering) so that's not the problem. I'm pushing close to 300 DVD's and starting to loose track. DVDspot has been a great help in keeping my collection organized as far as owned, ordered DVD's and wishlist goes, but I still was not sure if I had The 6th Day & Six Days Seven Nights on the shelf. Both titles I have rented multiple times and just lost track. Some have also been on my wish list for so long that I guess the brain just starts to assume.

Anybody else have this happen........or I'm I just crazy :out:

GMichael
09-18-2006, 05:20 PM
....Twice last week I had to question if I had a DVD in my collection or not. I'm already crazy (if you're wondering) so that's not the problem. I'm pushing close to 300 DVD's and starting to loose track. DVDspot has been a great help in keeping my collection organized as far as owned, ordered DVD's and wishlist goes, but I still was not sure if I had The 6th Day & Six Days Seven Nights on the shelf. Both titles I have rented multiple times and just lost track. Some have also been on my wish list for so long that I guess the brain just starts to assume.

Just wait till you start bringing home DVD's and then find that they are already in your collection. And still in the plastic!

Dusty Chalk
09-18-2006, 07:03 PM
There are (at least) several levels of insanity, and I have reached all of the following, albeit with CDs:

- bought a CD I already had (that's like level 1);
- bought a CD I already had, didn't realize it until I went to listen to it for the first time, opened it, and it sounded vaguely familiar (level 2);
- bought a CD I already had, and didn't realize it, until I went to get the next disk to listen to from the chronologically ordered (in order of bought) queue, and realized I had just recently put the same disk towards the end of the same queue (level 3 -- I.E. I only remembered it because I had handled an unopened copy recently);
- bought a CD I already had, and didn't realize it until I listened to it and went to put it away (I.E. in the "already listened to at least once" library) (level 4 -- although this could almost be argued to be level 3.5);
- bought a CD I already had, listened to it, put it in the "to be put away pile"; later, went to put everything away from the "to be put away pile" and ended up putting the same CD away twice (level 5);
- bought a CD I already had, listened to it, put it in the "to be put away pile"; later, went to put everything away from the "to be put away pile", and ran into the same CD 2ce -- one was already put away, two more were in the "to be put away pile" (level 6);
- bought a CD I already had, and didn't realize it until after I listened to it, and went to put it away in the "to be put away" pile, which had gotten so large that it had to be alphabetized (level 7). Plus I didn't want to repeat levels 5 or 6.

I'm so far beyond all that now, that I'm scared to buy a CD that hasn't been issued within recent memory. I used to be organized, with at least three piles -- already listened to, listened to, but still needs to be put away, and unlistened to.

I hope you never get that way with DVDs. But I have a friend who has certain issues of DVDs that he hasn't watched yet, and he's already bought the remaster.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-19-2006, 04:56 AM

You think you have problems:rolleyes5::lol:

GMichael
09-19-2006, 05:13 AM
There are (at least) several levels of insanity, and I have reached all of the following, albeit with CDs:

- bought a CD I already had, didn't realize it until I went to listen to it for the first time, opened it, and it sounded vaguely familiar (level 2);
- bought a CD I already had, and didn't realize it, until I went to get the next disk to listen to from the chronologically ordered (in order of bought) queue, and realized I had just recently put the same disk towards the end of the same queue (level 3 -- I.E. I only remembered it because I had handled an unopened copy recently);
- bought a CD I already had, and didn't realize it until I listened to it and went to put it away (I.E. in the "already listened to at least once" library) (level 4 -- although this could almost be argued to be level 3.5);
- bought a CD I already had, listened to it, put it in the "to be put away pile"; later, went to put everything away from the "to be put away pile" and ended up putting the same CD away twice (level 5);
- bought a CD I already had, listened to it, put it in the "to be put away pile"; later, went to put everything away from the "to be put away pile", and ran into the same CD 2ce -- one was already put away, two more were in the "to be put away pile" (level 6);
- bought a CD I already had, and didn't realize it until after I listened to it, and went to put it away in the "to be put away" pile, which had gotten so large that it had to be alphabetized (level 7). Plus I didn't want to repeat levels 5 or 6.

I'm so far beyond all that now, that I'm scared to buy a CD that hasn't been issued within recent memory. I used to be organized, with at least three piles -- already listened to, listened to, but still needs to be put away, and unlistened to.

I hope you never get that way with DVDs. But I have a friend who has certain issues of DVDs that he hasn't watched yet, and he's already bought the remaster.

Huh? Could you repeat that?
I think you just found level 8.

Defshep
09-19-2006, 06:56 AM

LOL! This was always the post I was afraid to make! I plead insanity, Your Honor. My collection is somewhere in the numbers vicinity as yours, and the exact same thing has happened on at least three occasions I can think of. Of course, being in a houseful of kids and having a wife that likes to "loan" movies without my knowledge doesn't help.

L.J.
09-19-2006, 07:03 AM

Umm, I'll take two of whatever you're drinking :D

L.J.
09-19-2006, 07:07 AM
You think you have problems:rolleyes5::lol:

I could only imagine.

How many times have your mountain of DVD's fell over and buried you for week?

Dusty Chalk
09-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Huh? Could you repeat that?You know, you could just re-read it.

GMichael
09-19-2006, 10:30 AM
You know, you could just re-read it.

Yeah, but I got a headache the first time. Please don't make me read that again.

bobsticks
09-19-2006, 02:43 PM

...it;s not easy being you, is it Dusty?

Dusty Chalk
09-19-2006, 07:16 PM
's'not.

Worf101
09-21-2006, 04:24 AM
's'not.
Now THAT'S the Dusty Chalk I used to know and love!!!!

Da Worfster

I miss the emu though...

Dusty Chalk
09-21-2006, 07:08 PM
The emu asked me to tell you thank you, and it misses you too.

superpanavision70mm
09-21-2006, 10:28 PM
wait until you have over 1200