test tones cd? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : test tones cd?

Mark_IDT
09-17-2006, 04:45 AM
where can I get one? I remember there being somewhere to download the tones. Anyone know where that is?

audio_dude
09-17-2006, 05:44 AM
send a PM to florian with your e-mail, he's got a bunch, i've used them and they're pretty good. theres like 50 tones between 20htz and 20,000htz, then some sweeptones and white noise

jrhymeammo
09-17-2006, 10:39 AM
Hi Mark IDT,

Try search option (between calender and new posts) for your needs. It is much quicker to search than wait for someone to reply.

Thank Florian for this. These files are pretty damn handy.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=17021&highlight=test+CD
It's #6
Thanks Flo

-JRA

audio_dude
09-17-2006, 12:24 PM
hey, i remember that thread, cause its mine! lol, thats where flo gave them to me the first time, i checked the link, its still good, so knock yourselves out!

Mark_IDT
09-19-2006, 02:52 AM
Thanks guys I emailed Flo and found some that I forgot about at hometheatershack.com

www.hometheatershack.com/forums/attachments/bfd-rew-downloads/15d1145298555-bfd-guide-room-eq-wizard-downloads-index.html

I left all them in .mp3 files as my dvd player plays data disks.

What about commercial cd's that one could buy? Not that theres anything wrong with these I'm just curious. I have avia which has some audio tests that couldn't be done with .mp3 files. Like volume leveling with pink noise in 5.1 seperate channels. Any audio specific test cd's out there that you can buy?

Woochifer
09-20-2006, 03:34 PM
What about commercial cd's that one could buy? Not that theres anything wrong with these I'm just curious. I have avia which has some audio tests that couldn't be done with .mp3 files. Like volume leveling with pink noise in 5.1 seperate channels. Any audio specific test cd's out there that you can buy?

I would look into the Rives test CD. It has a set of test tones plus another set of tones calibrated to the very commonly used Radio Shack analog SPL meter.

Mark_IDT
09-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Cool thanks!

audio_dude
09-21-2006, 01:59 PM
well, have fun with the tones, its always fun to play a 25 or 30htz tone on a set of crappy old falling apart speakers with a powerful amp on high power and watching the things just shake themselves to bits...

(ps, i don't mean vintage speakers, i mean old off brand crappy ones you get a garage sales and stuff)