Where to listen [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Where to listen

vanosnibor
09-15-2006, 11:31 PM
Where in southern California can I listen to a broad array of speakers and sub woofers. Every syore has 1 or 2 brands that I like but I can't seen to find a store where I can listen to a number of different maufacturers. Does such a place exist?:confused:

paul_pci
09-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Where in southern California can I listen to a broad array of speakers and sub woofers. Every syore has 1 or 2 brands that I like but I can't seen to find a store where I can listen to a number of different maufacturers. Does such a place exist?:confused:

One of the best places in LA is LA Audio/Video in Koreatown. They have a great variety of equipment and speakers and they guy I audiotioned was great, wasn't a snob or impatient. Here's the website:

http://www.laaudiovideo.com/pages/883983/index.htm

Sorry forgot about this link to for SoCal dealers:
http://www.laaudiofile.com/dealers.html

Vardo
09-17-2006, 03:11 PM
The "Sound Factor" has three stores, one in Encino, one
in Pasadena, and another in Santa Monica (soundfactor.com).
One of the best stores (which is on the list paul_pci privided) is
the Audio Den in Van Nuys. Easy going, knowledable salesmen,
with a good selection of equipment..... vardo

paul_pci
09-17-2006, 04:29 PM
The "Sound Factor" has three stores, one in Encino, one
in Pasadena, and another in Santa Monica (soundfactor.com).
One of the best stores (which is on the list paul_pci privided) is
the Audio Den in Van Nuys. Easy going, knowledable salesmen,
with a good selection of equipment..... vardo

Really? I've been in the Audio Den and found them to be snobby, impatient (am I going to biuy now?) and generally uninterested in my existence as a potential customer.

Vardo
09-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Well, I haven't been to the Audio Den for about 9 yrs.
I bought an Alantic Technology 350 THX system from them and they
(at the time) gave me the best price and didn't seem
to be snobby or impatient. I have bought other items from
them and always seemed friendly, non-pressured etc.

It's to bad that has changed. I only recommended them
because of past purchases. ......vardo

RoyY51
09-18-2006, 11:10 AM
you might want to stop by DMC Electronics on Brookhurst in Garden Grove. David, the owner, carries PSB, Monitor Audio, Atlantic Technologies, James, Martin Logan, Thiel, Wharfedale, and a bunch more that I can't remember right now. David is very down-to-earth and not pretentious in the least. I've bought most of my equiptment there and he has always provided great service and understanding, knowlegable advice. He is also willing to negotiate, especially on cash purchases.

Dusty Chalk
09-18-2006, 11:57 AM
I have no idea, but personally, I like going from one store to another and listen to good speakers.