EBAY IS A SCAM. Buyers be aware. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : EBAY IS A SCAM. Buyers be aware.

jrhymeammo
09-15-2006, 09:18 AM
So I bought a record from a seller on Ebay while back. I'm having a trouble with one of a seller right now, but what I'm writing now isn't about that.

This seller said nothing about how he grades his items. He told me it was in mint condition. I ended up paying $8, and was extremely happy when I got in mail. It looked great but when I played it, it sounded like CRAP!!!!

So I left a negative feedback. I ended up getting a couple of threatning messages from the seller. I told him that he didnt tell me that he graded everything visually. He told me it's not neccesary to play each record and is not worth his time.

I was just checking my Ebay account, and my feedback comment has been CHANGED!!!!!!!!!

This is what my comment said

"Great communication. A pleasure to do business with."

WHAT!!!!!!!?????????

The way that seller contacted me, I would've never changed my comment to that. Also once you leave a comment you cannot change it back. Period.

Dear Ebay,

Fcuk You!!

peace, JRA

GMichael
09-15-2006, 09:26 AM
So I bought a record from a seller on Ebay while back. I'm having a trouble with one of a seller right now, but what I'm writing now isn't about that.

This seller said nothing about how he grades his items. He told me it was in mint condition. I ended up paying $8, and was extremely happy when I got in mail. It looked great but when I played it, it sounded like CRAP!!!!

So I left a negative feedback. I ended up getting a couple of threatning messages from the seller. I told him that he didnt tell me that he graded everything visually. He told me it's not neccesary to play each record and is not worth his time.

I was just checking my Ebay account, and my feedback comment has been CHANGED!!!!!!!!!

This is what my comment said

"Great communication. A pleasure to do business with."

WHAT!!!!!!!?????????

The way that seller contacted me, I would've never changed my comment to that. Also once you leave a comment you cannot change it back. Period.

Dear Ebay,

Fcuk You!!

peace, JRA

Have you contacted Ebay yet?

trollgirl
09-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Have you contacted Ebay yet?

You must be under the delusion that eBay is not in on such goings-on. I suspect they let their Power Seller cash-cows do a lot of tweaking, and may even provide the software. The very term "Power Seller" makes me suspect that all is not above board, and I tend to not buy from PS's. I've been burned a few times, and PS's are rabidly defensive of their feedback - even after they've screwed you, negative feedback is greeted with "How could you do that to ME??!"

Laz

shokhead
09-21-2006, 06:14 AM
Well i got and payed for a dvd on the 8th. I'm still waiting.

ForeverAutumn
09-21-2006, 06:23 AM
It's unfortunate that this kind of stuff goes on. It really ruins it for the legitimate sellers. My sister-in-law runs a legitimate business on ebay and experiences like these really hurt her. Ebay is going to have to find a way to clean up their act or people are just going to stop using their site.

I do a lot of on-line shopping. I've even bid in on-line auctions for sports memorabilia, but I would never purchase anything on ebay. I know too many people who've been screwed.

Allowing someone else to change your comments is just plain unscrupulous.

GMichael
09-21-2006, 06:44 AM
You must be under the delusion that eBay is not in on such goings-on. I suspect they let their Power Seller cash-cows do a lot of tweaking, and may even provide the software. The very term "Power Seller" makes me suspect that all is not above board, and I tend to not buy from PS's. I've been burned a few times, and PS's are rabidly defensive of their feedback - even after they've screwed you, negative feedback is greeted with "How could you do that to ME??!"

Laz

I don't do a lot of Ebay business. J&R Musicworld sells some refurbs and open box deals that are only available through Ebay. Those are the only purchases I've made. I tried to sell my Harley through them a few months back. I got an email saying that I was a questionable seller and they revoked my account. I haven't bothered with them sense.