Friday Song of the Day: Tindersticks "Can We Start Again" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Friday Song of the Day: Tindersticks "Can We Start Again"

Davey
09-15-2006, 07:54 AM
Man-o-man, what a great tune. Got a lot of that good ol r&b flavor, with Stuart's deep voice and the ladies on the backing. Real soulful. Nice melody. Kind of a classic sound, although there's really no big payoff anywhere to solidify it as a classic. Just floats by, but always makes me feel good. Put it on one of those stealthy comps I did last year. Just pulled it out this morning for a spin with my coffee and bowl of Cap'n Crunch. Pulled up the video on YouTube and it's pretty nicely done, trawling back through the memories of the women that got away. Play if you like.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qmzPiqq7Rc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qmzPiqq7Rc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Anyway, what you got spinning through your mind this Friday?

Slosh
09-15-2006, 08:49 AM
Anyway, what you got spinning through your mind this Friday?
I'm about to go food shopping (man, I hate domestic chores) and need some tunes to keep me relatively sane so am gonna build a quickie playlist for my DAP in a minute. Gonna use some:
Loose Fur - An Ecumenical Matter
Wilco - At Least That's What You Said
Calexico - Service & Repair
Calexico/Iron & Wine - A History Of Lovers
Grandaddy - Collective Dreamwish Of Upperclass Elegance
Grandaddy - Summer . . . It's Gone
NMH - A Baby For Pree
BHP - Not Just Words
BTS - Conventional Wisdom
Spoon - The Beast And Dragon, Adored
Modest Mouse - Heart Cooks Brain
Pinback - Penelope
R.E.M. - Find The River
Rogue Wave - California
Sparklehorse - Hey Joe
Tapes 'n Tapes - Manitoba

And put it on shuffle and hope I'm done long before I get through all of those songs.

3-LockBox
09-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Grizzly Bear - Knife
Pure Reason Revolution - The Bright Ambassadors of Morning

and going food shopping is a great excuse to listen to tunes for an hour or so

I volunteer this chore all the time.