Many thanks for music received! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Many thanks for music received!

Finch Platte
02-04-2004, 07:01 PM
I'd like to send out props to these folks:

To Sony (namedropper!) for the Incubus advance release of a crow left of the murder, complete with DVD and radio edit of Megalomaniac (radio edit- ooh, ahhh. One song on a disc. Big focking whoopdee do.) Oh, well- the CD and DVD was only $12. Plus $128 shipping :p The disc is produced by Brendan O'Brien, the singer, and it sounds better than their last disc. The bass is clearer, more crisp, and while the drum sound won't win any accolades, it's acceptable. Time will tell how good the songs are.

Also received, a couple of discs from Stone: Lacuna Coil and his 2003 comp (and $20, but that's another story :D ). Weird cover on the comp- 4 chicks on TV with bad reception with 'No Cover Image Available' across their chests. Glancing at the songlist reveals many of the bands discussed in here over the past year- The Shins, British Sea Power, Joe Strummer, and Killing Joke plus an assortment of others I haven't heard mentioned. While I haven't had a chance to listen to the comp, I put the LC in, and what sounded like Evanescence mixed with Queensryche popped out. It sounds good so far- a little over-wrought, but the double-bass drums in strategic areas sure helps propel things along. The Geezer might like this 'un. Lemme know if you want to check it out, Dave. Thanks, Stone!

Got the "thrash metal" disc from Ste- err, mad rhetoric, and I don't know yet if it's my cuppa tea. More listens needed. Still don't get the thrash thing :rolleyes: Thanks, Steve. Anybody else get this comp?

Got a couple of dada discs from ordering in advance online from Cagefree Records. The live disc to replace the scratched disc I got a while back, and the latest from the boys, How To Be Found. If you're a dada fan, you'll like this disc. I've only heard it 2x, but it sounds like there are more better songs on this disc than the last. Plus, I believe they're the first out with a song with the chorus, "...it's all good." Buy it. They deserve more exposure and bigger and better things. If you like Beatlesque harmonies (they're a 3-piece) with solid, pop musicianship, check it out. www.dadatheband.com

I think that's it. Ya know, it's a sickness. I've gotten a sh!tload of discs within the last couple of days, yet I still had to stop at the used CD store on the way home to see if there was anything I "needed." :rolleyes:

fp