Steve Martin best movie. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Steve Martin best movie.

Smokey
09-14-2006, 04:23 PM
The Jerk is probably the best of his movie, and one that was his stepstone to stardom. So that movie is not included in this poll :D

Leap of faith was probably his best dramatic role, and Pennies from Heaven showcase his musical talent. So I will go with Planes, trains and automobile as his best comedy movie.

http://www.theplaza.ca/moview/Pics/Films/1987/Planes_Trains_and_Automobiles/pic1.jpg

paul_pci
09-14-2006, 05:20 PM
Where's The Jerk?

Dusty Chalk
09-14-2006, 06:46 PM
He had good movies? I'm trying to think of one...

Smokey
09-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Where's The Jerk?

The Jerk would have made the choice too easy. Have to sweat it little bit....LOL

He had good movies?

The result of this poll will answer your question :D

JSE
09-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is my favorite. The scenes with him at the table stabbing himself with a corked fork and relieving himself were some of the funniest things I have even seen.

JSE

BTW, Steve's The Pink Panther was a horrible movie. I still remember when I was a kid my father and I watching Peter Sellers (sp?) as the inspector on Saturday nights back in the late 70's. He was truly a genius.

Dusty Chalk
09-15-2006, 01:44 AM
No, wait, I liked him in Parenthood.

I suspect I would like Bowfinger.

eisforelectronic
09-15-2006, 02:12 AM
I've always been partial to Parenthood.

GMichael
09-15-2006, 05:17 AM
The Man with Two Brains was funny. But I still want to vote for The Jerk. "I was born a born a poor black child."

emaidel
09-15-2006, 05:51 AM
I too would cast my vote for "The Jerk."

Far and away his worst movie is "The Pink Panther." His pathetic impersonation of Peter Sellers was so bad it was embarrassing.

Groundbeef
09-15-2006, 07:31 AM
Planes, Trains, & Autos.

Still makes me laugh everytime I watch it. In fact, I am laughing about it now.

Anyone that EVER travels has got to feel the mans pain. The part when he loses his receipt for the rental car and is told...."oh....OH WHAT?....Oh, your F*cked!" is a classic moment not matched by many others. John Candy turns in a commanding supporting role, as well. "We can buff that out" gets me every time.

JohnMichael
09-15-2006, 08:11 AM
I had to vote for "The Man with Two Brains". Loved that movie.

Of course the "Jerk" would have won easily. I will never forget when he was standing outside the house hitchhiking and hours later when the family was wondering how he was doing they called out the window and he was still there.

paul_pci
09-15-2006, 10:17 AM
"What's happening to my special purpose?!!"

Smokey
09-15-2006, 07:21 PM
Steve martin seem to excel when he teamed up with another comic of his peers. But in case of Three Amigos and Sgt. Bilko, it didn’t work.