Finally made it back to the record show... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Finally made it back to the record show...

nobody
09-10-2006, 09:05 AM
I hadn’t been to the local record show they hold every other month for probably close to a year, so this morning was a nice time. Looking for anything specific is usually really hard, and there are some tables where everything is carefully organized and priced for the collector, but there are plenty of bargains to be found if you just hit the cheaper tables. Many’s the time I’ve seen the same album priced at a dollar or two at one table and going for over 20 bucks across the aisle.

Well, I grabbed a mishmash of stuff…a couple cleaner copies of things I already had, some things I’ve been hoping to run across for a long time and the usual happy surprise or two. Finally ran across a cheap copy of Blood on the Tracks to replace the one with the scratch across the whole second side, so I can finally listen to side two again. For under 40 bucks, I walked away with the following:

Lee Perry: Roast Fish Collie Weed and Cornbread
Eek-A-Mouse: Wa-Do-Dem
Johnny Cash: Sings Songs That Made Him Famous
Chris Isaak: Silvertone
Flesheaters: Forever Came Today
Bob Dylan: Blood on the Tracks
Lightnin’ Hopkins: The Blues Giant
Ella Fitzgerald: These Are the Blues
Ella Fitzgerald: Ella in Berlin
Ella Fitzgerald & Oscar Peterson: Ella & Oscar
Count Basie Meets Oscar Peterson: Timekeepers
Harry Edison: Edison’s Lights
Johnny Hartman: Songs from the Heart
Nina Hagen: Nunsexmonkrock
The Untouchables: Wild Child
B-52s: Self-titled
Wire: A Bell is a Cup
Nitzer Ebb: Belief
Talking Heads: Remain in Light
Dire Straits: Self-titled
Blue Oyster Cult: Agents of Fortune
Madness: Self-titled
Patsy Cline: Sentimentally Yours

I’m spinning the Lee Perry right now…

bobsticks
09-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Anybody who snags Nitzer Ebb and Patsy Cline in the same haul is O.K. in my book...

Cheers

Bernd
09-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Anybody who snags Nitzer Ebb and Patsy Cline in the same haul is O.K. in my book...

Cheers

.......and Nina Hagen..............gets my signature too.

jrhymeammo
09-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Nina Hagen: Nunsexmonkrock

I've been looking for that on wax for the longest time now. Great choice. I never knew why I liked your musical taste, but now I know EXACTLY why. I should add you to my Buddy List or something.

Thank you, I'll be playing that CD in a minute.

-JRA