Blew my PSB300 surrounds....ADP-170? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Blew my PSB300 surrounds....ADP-170?

rabbit121
09-09-2006, 08:31 AM
hey there guys.. looking for some opinions on a new set of rear surrounds.. I was running PSB 300's for surrounds.. (CV LS-12 mains, LS-6c center, RX-V1000 yammy reciever). My GF blew the tweeters in my PSB's singing karaoke in 5 channel sterio LOL.. they were only rated for 80w so it was bound to happen the way she cranks it.. I eventually want to upgrade my entire system, especially the speakers once the kids are old enough to stop poking them.. probably paradigm ref studio series. so I'd like to get some surrounds that are going to handle my AMP and maybe give me a little headroom to upgrade as well.. not to mention fit in with my future possible speaker upgrades..

I was thinking Paradigm ADP-170.. oppinions? I'd like to stay in this price range..

KaiWinters
09-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Are dipole speakers what you are looking for?
If not try the Paradigm Titans or their baby sister Atoms. Both are very good sounding speakers that will not break the bank.

rabbit121
09-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Dipoles aren't a necessity but the triangular shape of bipoles and dipoles will compliment the room better. I didn't even have my PSB's in the right locations for that reason.. I'm going to be mounting them to the wall to keep the kids away.

the 170's are only 6.5 inches deep as where the atoms are 8 and titans are 10.