whats your opinion on Rega Apollo vs Jupiter? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : whats your opinion on Rega Apollo vs Jupiter?

scottma
09-08-2006, 06:42 AM
I am trying to decide on whether to pay 850.00 for a used (very little hours) Jupiter or buy a new Apollo for 995.00 with warranty. Has anybody listened/compared the two?

Thanks,
Scott

Bernd
09-08-2006, 07:39 AM
I am trying to decide on whether to pay 850.00 for a used (very little hours) Jupiter or buy a new Apollo for 995.00 with warranty. Has anybody listened/compared the two?

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott,

If it were my green I would go for the Apollo. Several reasons for that.
It's a brand new machine, newly designed with a better transport than the Planet 2000 it replaces. It also comes with a remote as standard (if that is important to you). I always thought that the Jupiter was over priced and the Planet under priced. The Apollo is one fine sounding CDP and to my ears more musical then the Jupiter.

Good Luck

Peace

Bernd:16:

Dusty Chalk
09-08-2006, 09:56 AM
I'd pay the extra dosh for (a) the warranty, and (b) newness of the moving parts. You never know how many hours are left on the drive mechanism, or how soon the lens is going to need alignment, etc.

scottma
09-10-2006, 05:50 PM
thanks for your input...i have been on the fence with this one (the player is actually going to be for a second system in a cabin)...both of you bring up valid points for the Apollo.