audio recorder for play-by-play football? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : audio recorder for play-by-play football?

scottg101
09-07-2006, 06:58 AM
I am looking for some type of audio recorder to record play-by-play of sporting events and plan to upload the audio for download or streaming use via Internet.

Any reccomendations that provide adequate quality sound at reasonable price??

Thanks,
Scott

bubbagump
09-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Do you mean record yourself doing play by play at live events? If so, there are a lot of voice recorders and mp3 players that will let you record and then transfer to a computer. Olympus and iRiver product come to mind. If you have an iPod, there are several voice recording products available for it. If you want to record from radio or just about any other source including streaming audio, there's Audio Hijack Pro for the Mac and Total Recorder Pro for the pc. Both work flawlessly in my experience. They're only as stable as your computer however so if you have any issues that might compromise o/s or hardware stability, these may not be the best solution. I mostly use Audio Hijack to record Sirius and npr programming. When I'm out of town, I set it to automatically save to an online account so I can download it from anywhere there's an internet connection. A computer free solution would be one of the Pogo devices. I own the original and had mixed results but the newest versions are more sophisticated and user friendly. http://radioyourway.com/