ipod speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : ipod speakers

rhk
09-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Hi ,
Any recommendations for ipod speakers ?
Are computer speakers with separate sub better thand the available sound docks ie Bose / Monitor Audio ?

Dusty Chalk
09-07-2006, 01:25 AM
Get an adapter and plug it in to your regular stereo.

markw
09-07-2006, 05:48 AM
There's a tremendous market for ipod specific hardware, such as speakers wit hbuiilt in chargers and the like, andsome are prety cute but the lower priced ones tend to concentrate morte on style than sound.

We use sandisk units which operate for 20 hours or so off of a AAA batteries so a charger isn't needed.

If sound is your main interest, with no charging dock, then the computer speaker market is rife wit hamazing sound for a low price. A fairly small three piece Altec Lansing VS2221, for less than $50 (or less if you shop around and look for sales) offers amazing sound.

Fergymunster
09-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Hi ,
Any recommendations for ipod speakers ?
Are computer speakers with separate sub better thand the available sound docks ie Bose / Monitor Audio ?
I would recommend the Bose Companion 3 computer speakers.There is a jack for an i-pod as well as headphone jack.It's a top notch speaker system but expensive.

Dusty Chalk
09-07-2006, 11:12 AM
There's a tremendous market for ipod specific hardware...That's because they want to make money off of you. Most of that is the sonic equivalent of a boombox. If one already has a decent stereo, there's no reason to invest in a whole second sound system.

Spiritboxer
09-09-2006, 08:05 PM
If you're going to plug it into your stereo and you're using an iPod look into a Sendstation Pocket Dock. It's what I'm using and it works really well.